Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,961 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

Age Beeka: the man behind 'Angelica' - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Age Beeka: the man behind 'Angelica' (15526 Views)

MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) / ANGELICA'S NEW VIDEO ON YOUTUBE FEAT. TERRY G / Man Behind The Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Age Beeka: the man behind 'Angelica' by Manta(m): 10:56am On Nov 30, 2005
With a soft voice, sentimental flows and wonderful lyrics. Plays the guiter with great dexterity as he performs life on stage.

Has a debut album 'Age' to his credit and presently, I'v heard is working on something new.
The debut album was more of rock, rythm and blues with tracks like 'growing younger', bottled up', 'scars', 'Angelica', 'everyday ', 'girl of my dreams', 'now' ...... Produced by Jerry Gyang and Age himself for Uptime music.

For those that have heard any of his songs, you'll know what I'm talking about; so while we wait for his second album produced by G-linx, let's know what you know and feel about Age.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Age Beeka: the man behind 'Angelica' by layi(m): 1:13pm On Nov 30, 2005
I can 'die' for Age. I never sieze to mention his name all around the thread. This guy is out of this world. I listeend to 3 of his songs and i got hope in Nigerian Music.
The guy is simply wonderful. The song 'Girl of My dreams' got me teary eyed.

1 Like

Re: Age Beeka: the man behind 'Angelica' by Seun(m): 7:44pm On Nov 30, 2005
Full Name: Age Beeka
Label: Uptime Entertainment
Discography: 2003 - 'Age'

Biography:
Born 7th Dec. 1975 in Zaria, Northern Nigeria, Age started performing on stage in secondary school at the age of ten. By thirteen he had written more than twenty original songs. He holds a diploma in mass communication, obtained at University of Jos, Plateau State, Nigeria. He underwent partial music training in 1996/97 at Dahaju music institute and in the church choir.

This prolific musician plays the Guitars, Keyboards, Drums and percussions: most of which are self thought. Age is a seasoned performer, delighted strongly with Lenny Kravitz, Seal and Sade.

He was the musical act at - The British Council Abuja reopening (21st January, 2002); He performed at the most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria pageant, 2002. He also performed for the current Nigerian High Commissioner to the United Kingdom under the Federal Radio Cooperation of Nigeria Banner. He has performed at several fashion, radio and TV shows, weddings, literary, charity organizations and NGO's.

His debut Album, 'AGE' was released in early 2003, and has already been named the number 1 music album on the Channel O Y'hello top ten program.

His Dream: To sell multi-platnium records and win Grammys! Grammys!! Grammys!!!
Source: http://www.myrhythm.com/agebeeka.htm

1 Like

Re: Age Beeka: the man behind 'Angelica' by Swish(m): 11:53pm On Nov 30, 2005
wondered if anyone actually rememebered that guy.
Re: Age Beeka: the man behind 'Angelica' by hotangel2(f): 5:35am On Dec 01, 2005
I don't know him, but from this, i think he's good. If he can make layi cry!
Re: Age Beeka: the man behind 'Angelica' by otokx(m): 9:44am On Dec 01, 2005
where can i purchase his album?
Re: Age Beeka: the man behind 'Angelica' by delarontus(f): 9:56am On Dec 01, 2005
Oh i just love this administrator! He gave the right information when it was needed most. I'm a big fan of Age and i'm more surprised that Jerry Gyang co-produced that album. There is something about these Jos guys wink

1 Like

Re: Age Beeka: the man behind 'Angelica' by prettyH(f): 10:06pm On Dec 01, 2005
Don't know him but i know when angelica came out, it was an instant hit everywhere. So guess he's good.
Re: Age Beeka: the man behind 'Angelica' by Oracle(m): 11:31pm On Dec 01, 2005
well as much as i love music, i think im
gonna love him
well i dunno him neither have i heard
his songs but i think he's really ok
Re: Age Beeka: the man behind 'Angelica' by ocho(f): 12:18am On Dec 02, 2005
oh! ok, if Layi can 'die' for him and also get teary-eyed from listening to his song, he should be good. I have never heared of him though but i really want to. There is just something about that title "GIRL OF MY DREAMS". I like the song already, i haven't listened to it but i know it'll be good. so any links to the song?
Re: Age Beeka: the man behind 'Angelica' by layi(m): 11:28am On Dec 02, 2005
..u had better not listen to d song now because u would cry. I bet u. U might even sack your bobo immediately. I be guy but d song sent shivers through my spine like i got loving fever.

It difficult gettin d song because i can't find his album..just heard them a few times on radio/tv.
Re: Age Beeka: the man behind 'Angelica' by ocho(f): 6:11pm On Dec 02, 2005
cheesy cheesy cheesy, that was funny, the sacking bobo part. Anyway, i'll still be here, so whenever you're able to get the song, just yell at me ok! Thanks! grin

1 Like

Re: Age Beeka: the man behind 'Angelica' by Manta(m): 7:50pm On Dec 02, 2005
I got the 'Age' cd in my house, I listen to it daily cos I love it. I really want to share it with others but, how to upload the songs to this forum, I don't know if any one has the idea, pass it to me and you'll hear 'Age' well.

That guy is tight, he is the future of Nigerian, African and World music- he's good.
'girl of my dream', 'angelica', 'bottled up'- these tracks are so very good
Re: Age Beeka: the man behind 'Angelica' by layi(m): 10:40am On Dec 03, 2005
Ok Mantu. Use www.usendit.com, upload the songs there and give us the link to download.

This is no piracy o cos we cant find his songs to buy plus we r only doing promo grin
Re: Age Beeka: the man behind 'Angelica' by bell(m): 11:20am On Dec 04, 2005
Age Beeka is just amazing, I did not know I had so many co-fans, I have just been finding it difficult to get his album.
He is also simply breathe taking on stage, I recently missed a show of his, and got to see the show on TV I regretted so badly that I was not a part of.
I also learnt he went overseas to polish his music. Great things are happening from upland Nigeria, and these Jos and Abuja boys are showing that good music does not have to come out of Lagos alone.
Re: Age Beeka: the man behind 'Angelica' by ocho(f): 12:13am On Dec 06, 2005
sad still waiting to listen to his songs cry cry, see, i am crying already.
Re: Age Beeka: the man behind 'Angelica' by slysteel1: 3:28am On Dec 07, 2005
he is simply great, i think he is the best out of our land, that track angelica is something else,,,hello age if u are reading this try a record label abroad you will get a deal.
sly da steel
Re: Age Beeka: the man behind 'Angelica' by Manta(m): 8:34am On Dec 07, 2005
For those that have heard the 'Angelica' track from Age Beeka, here is the lyrics.

I'm looking for the wings so we can fly away
I'm coming cos I need you to know how much I need you
For the skies drop the dew every time I see you
Few have got what you've got, won't be wrong to say- non does
And pondering where you come from
came to me the revelation.

Oh... she's an angel(she's an angel)
Oh come from heaven, Oh angelica (angelica)
She's an angel(she's an angel)

My heart knows ease when I'm around your breeze
(when I'm around your breeze)
Cool pull that gets me full in a brand new boom
Well, I'vecome to the end of searching for the one whose made to love forever?
And to be loved with all and all

Oh... she's an angel(she's an angel)
Oh come from heaven, Oh angelica (angelica)
she's an angel (she's an angel)

Don't pass me by if you go I could die,
don't want to be wondering about Put me in the light of your heart,
of your life: in ministering spirits and flaming fire(s)

Oh, oh, oh...

Oh... be my angel, (be my angel) oh, come from heaven
Oh angelica (angelica) be my angel (be my angel)
Come from heaven, come from heaven,
come from heaven, come from heaven

I'm looking for the wings so we can fly away.
Re: Age Beeka: the man behind 'Angelica' by Manta(m): 8:42am On Dec 07, 2005
delarontus:

Oh i just love this administrator! He gave the right information when it was needed most. I'm a big fan of Age and i'm more surprised that Jerry Gyang co-produced that album. There is something about these Jos guys wink

Jerry Gyang is from Jos but Age is not, though he is based in Abuja(when in Nigeria) he is an indigene of Benue state.

1 Like

Re: Age Beeka: the man behind 'Angelica' by delarontus(f): 10:01am On Dec 07, 2005
He attended Unijos that's why i referred to him as a Jos guy. Anyway thanks for the lyrics.
Re: Age Beeka: the man behind 'Angelica' by layi(m): 10:17am On Dec 07, 2005
Thanks for the lyrics manta. I can sing 4 of his songs even while sleeping. i so much love the guy. Peeps here can only feel the song when they hear it. "Girl of My Dreams' is my favorite.
Re: Age Beeka: the man behind 'Angelica' by prettyH(f): 1:37pm On Dec 07, 2005
Layi, its obvious u r a bloody romantic. cheesy Just take it easy

*U sing in ur sleep, thats d height* yepa na wa for u o. cheesy
Re: Age Beeka: the man behind 'Angelica' by Manta(m): 3:10pm On Dec 07, 2005
Also, here is one of my most favorite of Age's song 'Girl of my Dreams'

Ayah, yah, yah,...

In your walk, in your talk in your work, I'm stirred up
In your smile, in your laughter, in your eyes, even anger
When you say yes, when you say no, when you sit or when you stand.

I'm captivated, I'm elevated, sometimes sedated,
and I know I've found the girl of my dreams
Girl of my dreams, girl of my ... the girl of my dreams

She resides in my heart, she resided there
all the while, all I needed was just to spot the one
I had a perfect picture of what she looked like
spiritual birth in the physical
Then I see you, I feel you
and I want to take your hand

cos

and I know I've found, the girl of my dreams
Girl of my dreams, girl of my ...

I'm bathing in the blue blessed streams of spring
I'm excited , I feel like I can jump and touch the skies

I'm bathing in the blue blessed streams of spring
I'm excited , I feel like I can jump and touch the skies

Baby say yes, please don't say no, in my world
you are in hot demand Baby say yes, please
don't say no, when you shake and when you dance

and I know I've found, I'm captivated, I'm elevated,
sometimes sedated, and I know i've found
I know I've found, I know I've found, I know I've found
I'm captivated, I'm elevatd, sometimes sedated, and I know I've found,
the girl of my ... Dreams
Re: Age Beeka: the man behind 'Angelica' by ocho(f): 6:51pm On Dec 07, 2005
@manta: Thanks for the lyrics kiss and wow! they are just breathtaking. he has a way with words and the guy has swept me off my feet already. oooooo! i can't wait to hear the song. cheesy
@layi: you sure are a romantic one,even in ur sleep? boy, i bow o! ok, so I take back my words about Nigerian guys not being romantic.
@Age: u don't even have to ask, i've said yes already, u're words have captured me. wink
Re: Age Beeka: the man behind 'Angelica' by bricklayer(m): 12:27pm On Dec 08, 2005
age beeka belongs to a new breed of Nigerian music.

watch out for other acts coming from the northern end of naija soon.
peace board! rolleyes

1 Like

Re: Age Beeka: the man behind 'Angelica' by femmie(m): 3:55pm On Dec 08, 2005
the guy is good
Re: Age Beeka: the man behind 'Angelica' by Manta(m): 12:24pm On Dec 09, 2005
Yeah Bricklayer, I agree with you in total. These guys from Benue, Jos, Abj and Kaduna states are tight, they dominate the naija musical scene with good music- they've made Lagos what it is.

If any one doubts, contact me and get a comprehensive list of the who -is -who in Nigerian music and you will be suprised.
bricklayer:

age beeka belongs to a new breed of Nigerian music.

watch out for other acts coming from the northern end of Nigeria soon.
peace board! rolleyes
Re: Age Beeka: the man behind 'Angelica' by Angelgal(f): 4:20pm On Dec 13, 2005
AGE has got a new album out in the market and it's called Collecting Flowers. It was launched on 25th November 2005 at the Nicon Hilton Abuja. I say this authoritatively cause I was there!

It's got the AGE touch and simply beautiful. My two favourite songs on this album is "Lost Years" and "Birds & Wings". Unlike Manta I don't have the lyrics but they are lovely all the same.
Re: Age Beeka: the man behind 'Angelica' by Manta(m): 2:36pm On Dec 17, 2005
It is still Age

Re: Age Beeka: the man behind 'Angelica' by ocho(f): 12:32am On Dec 18, 2005
so when do we get to listen to his songs? sad cry
Re: Age Beeka: the man behind 'Angelica' by Manta(m): 6:51pm On Dec 18, 2005
While I still work on uploading the 'Age' album, you can feel Age Beeka's touch on Yelena's album 'Good things coming my way' as he is the brain behind almost all the tracks. Visit http://www.yelenasongs.com/music.htm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pinkyxxx Bad Bitch Video / VIDEO: Splendid – Aboki – Shine My Shoe (download) + mp3 / "Go And Die" By "TnE" Your Nairaland Hit Maker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.