Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,230 members, 7,807,764 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:43 PM

The Action Of DSS On The Corrupt Judges Is Legal-jiti Ogunye - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Action Of DSS On The Corrupt Judges Is Legal-jiti Ogunye (2154 Views)

We Did Not Reject Magu, Because Of DSS Report~Saraki, Senate President / EFCC Tackles DSS On Corruption Fight / Three Times The FBI Arrested ‘Corrupt’ Judges In US Just Like The DSS-The Cable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Action Of DSS On The Corrupt Judges Is Legal-jiti Ogunye by Doyin2(m): 8:36pm On Oct 09, 2016
A well respected legal luminary, Jiti Ogunye is currently on channels TV ,justifying the DSS action,concerning the ''Corrupt'' judges.I just love this guy!

He should be a SAN by now,why not?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43Ip4tWmIts#

5 Likes

Re: The Action Of DSS On The Corrupt Judges Is Legal-jiti Ogunye by Grundig: 8:52pm On Oct 09, 2016
Ozekhome took jiti ogunye to the cleaners on his rejoinder.

Ozekhome was calm the whole time while ogunye was the exact opposite

1 Like

Re: The Action Of DSS On The Corrupt Judges Is Legal-jiti Ogunye by lagdmark(m): 8:57pm On Oct 09, 2016
Titi Ogunye the old fool is part of The Problems we have today. Police can only use force when you resist arrest.
Re: The Action Of DSS On The Corrupt Judges Is Legal-jiti Ogunye by kahal29: 9:03pm On Oct 09, 2016
Grundig:

It's a lie... Which cleaners? Did you watch the program... Jiti humbled Ozekhome

Below are the video links to the program.

Mike Ozekhome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBGU0pUyDyQ#

Jiti Ogunye

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43Ip4tWmIts#

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Action Of DSS On The Corrupt Judges Is Legal-jiti Ogunye by mazifrankmore: 9:04pm On Oct 09, 2016
Izakhome levelled this old fool. Op,are you sure you are watching this programme?
Re: The Action Of DSS On The Corrupt Judges Is Legal-jiti Ogunye by mazifrankmore: 9:05pm On Oct 09, 2016
Izakhome levelled this old fool. Op,are you sure you are watching this programme?
Re: The Action Of DSS On The Corrupt Judges Is Legal-jiti Ogunye by Grundig: 9:10pm On Oct 09, 2016
kahal29:

It's a lie... Which cleaners? Did you watch the program... Jiti humbled Ozekhome
Lol@jiti humbled ozekhome

Ozekhome reminded jiti tha he said that saraki and ekweremmadu would go Scot free. Jit didn't have a come back for that.

Basically, ozekhome taught jiti why he is the junior lawyer.

1 Like

Re: The Action Of DSS On The Corrupt Judges Is Legal-jiti Ogunye by LORDOFAFONJAS: 9:13pm On Oct 09, 2016
I watched it live, he finished that afonja of a lawyer. He remindeed him of how he told him that saraki case would be strucked out, but you know how afonjas behave now. Ozekhomhe levelled him and he became humbled, you dare not challenge him, only gani fawehunmi of blessed memory can stand him

2 Likes

Re: The Action Of DSS On The Corrupt Judges Is Legal-jiti Ogunye by Vatsyayana: 9:14pm On Oct 09, 2016
mazifrankmore:
Izakhome levelled this old fool.
Op,are you sure you are watching this programme?

Ozekhome should be ashamed of himself for citing an old law on national tv. An SAN for that matter.
I respect Jiti Ogunye' s opinion on this issue. He cited valid laws and gave logical interpretations to the laws.
In his postulations he cited ACJA, Criminal Code, DSS laws...all of these were explained correctly.
Ozekhome's rejoinder was unecessary because it was incorrect and not the fact in issue.

I will rather be a Jiti Ogunye than be an Ozekhome on this one!
God bless Nigeria!

7 Likes

Re: The Action Of DSS On The Corrupt Judges Is Legal-jiti Ogunye by Vatsyayana: 9:17pm On Oct 09, 2016
LORDOFAFONJAS:
I watched it live, he finished that afonja of a lawyer. He remindeed him of how he told him that saraki case would be strucked out, but you know how afonjas behave now. Ozekhomhe levelled him and he became humbled, you dare not challenge him, only gani Adams of blessed memory can stand him

Correct yourself sir...it is Gani Fawehinmi not Gani Adams!
It is evident what kind of critic you are....

3 Likes

Re: The Action Of DSS On The Corrupt Judges Is Legal-jiti Ogunye by Vatsyayana: 9:17pm On Oct 09, 2016
LORDOFAFONJAS:
I watched it live, he finished that afonja of a lawyer. He remindeed him of how he told him that saraki case would be strucked out, but you know how afonjas behave now. Ozekhomhe levelled him and he became humbled, you dare not challenge him, only gani Adams of blessed memory can stand him

1 Like

Re: The Action Of DSS On The Corrupt Judges Is Legal-jiti Ogunye by mazifrankmore: 9:18pm On Oct 09, 2016
Vatsyayana:

Ozekhome should be ashamed of himself for citing an old law on national tv. An SAN for that matter.
I respect Jiti Ogunye' s opinion on this issue. He cited valid laws and gave logical interpretations to the laws.
In his postulations he cited ACJA, Criminal Code, DSS laws...all of these were explained correctly.
Ozekhome's rejoinder was unecessary because it was incorrect and not the fact in issue.

God bless Nigeria!
cry us a river.
Izehkohme humbled you sycophantic lawyer like primary school boy.

Ntooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooor!
Re: The Action Of DSS On The Corrupt Judges Is Legal-jiti Ogunye by Grundig: 9:19pm On Oct 09, 2016
Vatsyayana:

Ozekhome's rejoinder was unecessary ibecause it was incorrect and not the fact in issue.

God bless Nigeria!
Ozekhome cleared that up.
He said the portion jiti quoted could only be admidsible where thr person, in this case thr judges failed to honour an invitation.
Re: The Action Of DSS On The Corrupt Judges Is Legal-jiti Ogunye by onomeasike: 9:27pm On Oct 09, 2016
Grundig:

He said the portion jiti quoted could only be admidsible where thr person, in this case thr judges failed to honour an invitation.
You actually believe Ozekhome?? Ozekhome ke?? Out of all lawyers in the world, you expect Ozekhome to speak against corruption? Don't worry, people like ozekhome know that their time is up

2 Likes

Re: The Action Of DSS On The Corrupt Judges Is Legal-jiti Ogunye by tafabaloo(m): 9:29pm On Oct 09, 2016
Anyone who had ever suffered a miscarriage of justice because of being a disadvantaged would not totally condemn the security operation carried out by the Agency.

Our Judiciary is terribly corrupt, and some of our Justices are worse than the devil himself. The tactics employed by the Dss may look awkward to some but I think that at this time of our National lives, we need extreme measures to bring the needed change.

The likes of Wike ,who practically allegedly barricaded the security operatives from executing their warrant did not do so because they cherished the rule of law and protection of interest of the common, but to cover their tracks.

" it is on record that when both the Independent Corrupt Practices and other Offences Commission and the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission sent invitation letters to judges suspected of corruption they had rushed to the Federal High Court to obtain interlocutory injunctions to prevent their arrest, investigation and prosecution.”
He said members of the legal profession had themselves to blame for the harassment of judges by security forces as they had failed to take advantage of the relevant statutory disciplinary bodies to purge the bar and the bench of corrupt elements." ...Femi Falana.

This is the time to stand up and say No to Corruption .

1 Like

Re: The Action Of DSS On The Corrupt Judges Is Legal-jiti Ogunye by Grundig: 9:32pm On Oct 09, 2016
onomeasike:

You actually believe Ozekhome?? Ozekhome ke?? Out of all lawyers in the world, you expect Ozekhome to speak against corruption? Don't worry, people like ozekhome know that their time is up
I have no reason to agree or disagree with ozekhome. But based on the programme I watched tonight. He came with facts and schooled jiti ogunye in the process.
Re: The Action Of DSS On The Corrupt Judges Is Legal-jiti Ogunye by Doyin2(m): 9:45pm On Oct 09, 2016
Grundig:

It is obvious that you did not watch from the beginning.

Just to clear this your misinformation,for the benefit of others:

The old law Jiti referred to, was that concerning the timing of raid,permissible by law.Whilst Osekhome was quoting 6am t0 6pm,as contained in the old law,Jiti reminded the so called SAN, that the new law empowers the search or raid to be conducted at anytime!

It is so disgusting how some people like you are aiding and abetting corruption with very despicable comments.More annoying is the fact that such comments are based on either ignorance or mischief.

Those who really watched the programme from A-z,knows that Jiti is truly a legal luminary. You can take that to the Bank!

3 Likes

Re: The Action Of DSS On The Corrupt Judges Is Legal-jiti Ogunye by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:47pm On Oct 09, 2016
Grundig:

You're a liar. Ozekhome was just busy saying "we're not in Mobutu Sese Seko's Zaire, we're not in Idi Amin's Uganda . . ." Jiti Ogunye quoted sections in our law which gives security agencies the right to bring down the gates of any person that is preventing them from carrying out their search after obtaining a warrant. Once again, you're a liar.

2 Likes

Re: The Action Of DSS On The Corrupt Judges Is Legal-jiti Ogunye by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 09, 2016
Ogunye 3 vs Ozekhome 1. Jiti wins this one

1 Like

Re: The Action Of DSS On The Corrupt Judges Is Legal-jiti Ogunye by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:50pm On Oct 09, 2016
mazifrankmore:
Izakhome levelled this old fool.
Op,are you sure you are watching this programme?
You're a liar. How come Ozekhome couldn't quote any law that says the action of the DSS was wrong? Ogunye quoted sections in our laws to back even the bringing down of the doors of the judges.

3 Likes

Re: The Action Of DSS On The Corrupt Judges Is Legal-jiti Ogunye by Grundig: 9:57pm On Oct 09, 2016
I hate engaging people who resort to insults.

Anyways, I've made my points and they remain valid. For the avoidance of doubt. I'm neither for nor against either of thr lawyers. However, on today's debate, ozekhome came up tops.
Re: The Action Of DSS On The Corrupt Judges Is Legal-jiti Ogunye by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:58pm On Oct 09, 2016
Vatsyayana:

God bless Nigeria!
I thought I was the only one that heard it. Ozekhome was taken to the cleaners. Imagine a junior lawyer telling him he was quoting an old law. Jiti Ogunye disgraced him and his "SANship" a national TV. Did you notice that after Ogunye said this and quoted the relevant laws to back the action of the DSS, Ozekhome lost balance? He would've felt more disgraced if he was in the Lagos studio of Channels like Ogunye.

2 Likes

Re: The Action Of DSS On The Corrupt Judges Is Legal-jiti Ogunye by SuperS1Panther: 9:59pm On Oct 09, 2016
LORDOFAFONJAS:
I watched it live, he finished that afonja of a lawyer. He remindeed him of how he told him that saraki case would be strucked out, but you know how afonjas behave now. Ozekhomhe levelled him and he became humbled, you dare not challenge him, only gani fawehunmi of blessed memory can stand him

The Ugandan Developer Lawyer could not site any relevant law to counter Jiti. Just because of Jiti, i had to download the ACJ Act sharp sharp.

SAN indeed!!!!! He is an embarrassment to the committee of SANs.He is not different from a charge and bail lawyer. A whole SAN quoting outdated law -- Chaiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: The Action Of DSS On The Corrupt Judges Is Legal-jiti Ogunye by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:00pm On Oct 09, 2016
Grundig:

Anyways, I've made my points and they remain valid. For the avoidance of doubt. I'm neither for nor against either of thr lawyers. However, on today's debate, ozekhome came up tops.
I challenge you, post the YouTube link.
Re: The Action Of DSS On The Corrupt Judges Is Legal-jiti Ogunye by kahal29: 10:03pm On Oct 09, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

You're a liar. Ozekhome was just busy saying "we're not in Mobutu Sese Seko's Zaire, we're not in Idi Amin's Uganda . . ." Jiti Ogunye quoted sections in our law which gives security agencies the right to bring down the gates of any person that is preventing them from carrying out their search after obtaining a warrant. Once again, you're a liar.

Thank you my bro.. . You watched the program indeed
Re: The Action Of DSS On The Corrupt Judges Is Legal-jiti Ogunye by LORDOFAFONJAS: 10:04pm On Oct 09, 2016
Vatsyayana:

Correct yourself sir...it is Gani Fawehinmi not Gani Adams!
It is evident what kind of critic you are....
Mr man, no man is above mistake. Afterall Adams is not dead....
Re: The Action Of DSS On The Corrupt Judges Is Legal-jiti Ogunye by LORDOFAFONJAS: 10:07pm On Oct 09, 2016
The afonja lawyer was amused when SAN mike reminded him that sometime in July they argued abt the saraki case and he told him that saraki case would be strikes out. Today, saraki is a free man...
Re: The Action Of DSS On The Corrupt Judges Is Legal-jiti Ogunye by SuperS1Panther: 10:08pm On Oct 09, 2016
Grundig:

How did he came out on top? By quoting old law or by reciting his literature book or by mentioning the names of Mobutu, Bokasa, Louis IV, Idi Amin.

A whole SAN quoting outdated law is an embarrassment to the legal profession and a disgrace to the committee of SANs. DId he ever quote any relevant law to nullify the section of the ACJ Act Jiti rightful quoted.

1 Like

Re: The Action Of DSS On The Corrupt Judges Is Legal-jiti Ogunye by Doyin2(m): 10:15pm On Oct 09, 2016
LORDOFAFONJAS:
The afonja lawyer was amused when SAN mike reminded him that sometime in July they argued abt the saraki case and he told him that saraki case would be strikes out. Today, saraki is a free man...

And of what relevance is that to the issue at stake?

Is this a defense for a so called SAN,quoting an old law?

Saraki/Ekweremadu's case was withdrawn(not struck out) by the prosecutors because of a similar case by another court.It has nothing to do with the facts of the case. Ozekhome is a total disgrace!

3 Likes

Re: The Action Of DSS On The Corrupt Judges Is Legal-jiti Ogunye by kahal29: 10:17pm On Oct 09, 2016
Re: The Action Of DSS On The Corrupt Judges Is Legal-jiti Ogunye by duro4chang(m): 10:19pm On Oct 09, 2016
Shame on judiciary and all supporters of corruption.

3 Likes

Re: The Action Of DSS On The Corrupt Judges Is Legal-jiti Ogunye by omofunaab(m): 10:23pm On Oct 09, 2016
Ozekhome is a disgrace to all SANs. ...imagine a junior lawyer like ogunye lecturing him on television.

This jiti ogunye is very intelligent.. He took Ozekhome to cleaners ...a whole SAN quoting old laws.. .No wonder the judiciary is in shambles

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

PHOTOS: President Buhari Shows His Swag As He Rocks A Face Cap / Former President Goodluck Has Uploaded Excerpt From Reno Omokiri Book: / Throwback Photo Of Atiku Abubakar Before He Resigned From Customs In 1989

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.