Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,721 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:56 PM

Best Time To Start Planting Watermelon - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Best Time To Start Planting Watermelon (655 Views)

I Need Assistance For Ugwu Seeds To Start Planting / Start The New Planting Season With Our Cheap And Genuine Farmland / Photos From My Small Watermelon Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Best Time To Start Planting Watermelon by hipinnacle: 1:54am On Oct 10, 2016
Greeting to all farmers in the house. the weather had being unpredictable, can we still plant n cultivate watermelon this month?
Re: Best Time To Start Planting Watermelon by Nobody: 6:03am On Oct 10, 2016
hipinnacle:
Greeting to all farmers in the house. the weather had being unpredictable, can we still plant n cultivate watermelon this month?

unless you have irrigation facilities, don't try it. we are heading towards the dry season. we gonna be experiencing less rain, both in intensity and frequency. watermelon is best planted with may-september. it takes about 100 days to harvest. if you plant now, when you need rain the most, which is most likely next month, you won't get it. its either you adopt irrigation or you plant a crop that doesn't require too much rain to get a bumper harvest by December/January.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Regular Supply Of Eggs / 3 Acres Cleared Ready For Early Planting. / We Have The Following Fish Health Care Products For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.