Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,892 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:12 AM

As A Nairalander, Knowing These Cool Tricks Will Save Your Life One Day! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / As A Nairalander, Knowing These Cool Tricks Will Save Your Life One Day! (751 Views)

Dolapo Badmus: Dating Yahoo Boys Is The Fastest Way To Lose Your Life / "I Slept With 18 Men In One Day" - 19-Year-Old Libyan Returnee / Why I Dumped My One-Day-Old Baby - Mother (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Nairalander, Knowing These Cool Tricks Will Save Your Life One Day! by Okekefaith55: 9:36am On Oct 10, 2016
Life is full of uncertainties. from armed robbers, to strangers walking around street corners. here are some self-defense moves that will help you fight your way out of trouble…

#1. Raise the alarm with a few choice words
Whistles and alarms are useful, but they aren’t as alarming as you might think. Yelling phrases such as “FIRE” and “EVERYBODY GET OUT” will draw attention to your plight, causing witnesses to dial 911.

#2. Give up your wallet willingly.
When you’re aware a thief is after your money, throw your wallet at them and run. The chances are, they’re not after your life, those muggers want your cash.

#3. Leave your worldly goods.
We’re all guilty of loving our iPhones too much. However, if you’re facing a mugger who wants your worldly goods, leave them and run. The evidence you leave may even help investigators find the criminal!

#4. Go in headfirst.
Did you know that your head accounts for 8 percent of your entire body mass? As the hardest, heaviest, and most solid part of your body, it causes some serious damage. When you’re facing an attacker head on, send a quick blow to the base of the nose to leave their eyes in tears.

#5. Run for the kitchen.
Looking for a place that’s full of potential weapons? If it’s pointy and shiny, it’s living in your kitchen.

#6. Place them under pressure.
If you’re willing to adopt the kind of skills that will outsmart any attacker, learn about the body’s most dangerous pressure points. With just a couple of fingers, you could disarm them quickly and easily.

#7. Remember, there’s always safety in numbers.
If you feel like you’re being followed, calmly head to the nearest public place.
When a stalker is pursuing you while you’re in your vehicle, drive to a police station ASAP!

#8. Think outside the box on the jewelry front.
Even the weakest of punches could destabilize an attacker with a ring.
Not a ring wearer? Plant a key between your fingers for the same effect.
SOURCE: http://www.onyitex.com/2016/10/crime-alert-if-you-find-coin-jammed-in.html

Re: As A Nairalander, Knowing These Cool Tricks Will Save Your Life One Day! by chocolateme(f): 9:37am On Oct 10, 2016
Its all good. I will try it one of these days though i pray nothing will warrant it to happen because i an this person that goes to sleep every night with a very rugged pointed clean knife, always beside the edge of my bed. Its not for kitchen use though.
Re: As A Nairalander, Knowing These Cool Tricks Will Save Your Life One Day! by youngboi(m): 9:57am On Oct 10, 2016
chocolateme:
Its all good. I will try it one of these days though i pray nothing will warrant it to happen because i an this person that goes to sleep every night with a very rugged pointed clean knife, always beside the edge of my bed. Its not for kitchen use though.

Re u a Sambisa university student?
Re: As A Nairalander, Knowing These Cool Tricks Will Save Your Life One Day! by chocolateme(f): 10:00am On Oct 10, 2016
youngboi:

Re u a Sambisa university student?
lol.. i am a civilian that ups her security consciousness
Re: As A Nairalander, Knowing These Cool Tricks Will Save Your Life One Day! by BiafranBushBoy: 10:01am On Oct 10, 2016
chocolateme:

keep lying...

Re: As A Nairalander, Knowing These Cool Tricks Will Save Your Life One Day! by youngboi(m): 10:10am On Oct 10, 2016
chocolateme:
lol.. i am a civilian that ups her security consciousness

Kinda funny, when u upgrade now u will start using cutlass ni?

1 Like

Re: As A Nairalander, Knowing These Cool Tricks Will Save Your Life One Day! by chocolateme(f): 10:16am On Oct 10, 2016
BiafranBushBoy:

keep lying...
what else could you have perceived with such large nose of yours if not lies. Lol
Re: As A Nairalander, Knowing These Cool Tricks Will Save Your Life One Day! by BiafranBushBoy: 12:10pm On Oct 10, 2016
chocolateme:
what else could you have perceived with such large nose of yours if not lies. Lol

you can't even kill fly talk more of stabbing someone..
Re: As A Nairalander, Knowing These Cool Tricks Will Save Your Life One Day! by chocolateme(f): 1:39pm On Oct 10, 2016
BiafranBushBoy:

you can't even kill fly talk more of stabbing someone..

lol but you know desperately situations attracts desperate measures especially in a situation of saving one's life.. i can do it
Re: As A Nairalander, Knowing These Cool Tricks Will Save Your Life One Day! by BiafranBushBoy: 2:22pm On Oct 10, 2016
chocolateme:
lol but you know desperately situations attracts desperate measures especially in a situation of saving one's life.. i can do it

lol... funny you...

Don't kill ooo... the memory is not sweet...

1 Like

Re: As A Nairalander, Knowing These Cool Tricks Will Save Your Life One Day! by olumaxi(m): 2:28pm On Oct 10, 2016
It al depends on d situation.....but taking bible to a gun fight might be sucidal

(1) (Reply)

Corper Covered In Blood Takes Selfie After Surviving Road Accident / NYSC Corps Member Who Bragged About MouthAction With Minor Arrested / 9-yr-old Boy Lured With N20, Turned Into Sex Machine In Katsina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.