Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,974 members, 7,806,831 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:53 AM

What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? (16135 Views)

What Are The Career Option For Biochemistry Graduate / What Are The Career Opportunities For A Nutrition And Dietetics Graduate / The Career Advice I Wish I Had At 25 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 10, 2016
Hi, I need ideas Please.

Anybody in the House .
Let's learn from each other.
Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by 1afrika: 10:52pm On Oct 10, 2016
Basically mass media (both print and electronics) and academics. There are career opportunities in law too, !with further studies.
Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by CassetteBoy(m): 5:53am On Oct 11, 2016
Foreign affairs(embassy, UNICEF, etc) Human resource management Administrator of art functions/galleries

1 Like

Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 11, 2016
Intelligentdude
Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Oct 11, 2016
CassetteBoy:
Foreign affairs(embassy, UNICEF, etc)
Human resource management
Administrator of art functions/galleries
with the knowledge of other languages right

1 Like

Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Oct 11, 2016
1afrika:
Basically mass media (both print and electronics) and academics. There are career opportunities in law too, !with further studies.
hmmmm
Thanks
Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 11, 2016
Secondary school teacher

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Oct 11, 2016
ellacute45:
Secondary school teacher
chai embarassed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 11, 2016
MissHatey:
chai embarassed

What's wrong na cry

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Oct 11, 2016
ellacute45:

What's wrong na cry
teacher shocked

1 Like

Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 11, 2016
MissHatey:
teacher shocked

Lol can't you teach? cheesy smiley

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Oct 11, 2016
ellacute45:

Lol can't you teach? cheesy smiley
I prefer lecturing grin

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 11, 2016
MissHatey:
I prefer lecturing grin

Maybe you can go for Masters in any related course

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 11, 2016
ellacute45:

Maybe you can go for Masters in any related course
sure, that's the plan. Masters first

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by CassetteBoy(m): 3:27am On Oct 12, 2016
MissHatey:
with the knowledge of other languages right

not necessarily. these organizations are very broad, several positions could recruit an eloquent English speaker. You just have to make contact with them at least.

if you could, try weekend french classes... could be an asset
Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by Nobody: 4:43am On Oct 12, 2016
CassetteBoy:

not necessarily. these organizations are very broad, several positions could recruit an eloquent English speaker. You just have to make contact with them at least.

if you could, try weekend french classes... could be an asset
I'm actually learning Spanish but I think I will change to French now. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by CassetteBoy(m): 6:19am On Oct 12, 2016
MissHatey:
I'm actually learning Spanish but I think I will change to French now. Thanks

hol'up... Spanish is great. virtually all south Americans speak it. All depends on your destination

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by xmileeasy: 11:05pm On Oct 12, 2016
There are several opportunities for an English graduate. Like 1afrika stated the mass media is an area to exploit, the education sector is another place. With the kind of English youths speak and write presently, I think there are dearth of linguists in some schools. Learning a new language will give you an edge working with foreign missions.French, Spanish and Mandarin are great languages to learn.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by winkmart: 6:45am On Oct 14, 2016
Teasha.

Lesson Teasha.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by riddler4real(m): 6:47am On Oct 14, 2016
Copywriting

I am sure very few people know about this Vocation. Here in Dubai a copywriter earns at least 12,000aed thats 12,000 * 120= N1.44 Million per month.

You can also become a creative writer

They are so many mouth watering opportunities in the media business. depending on how creative you are......

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by agulion: 6:48am On Oct 14, 2016
he might get employment to teach Buhari how speak good English since he was not a good student
Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by allansie(m): 6:48am On Oct 14, 2016
You can be a receptionist in a bet9ja shop

1 Like

Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by LOVEGINO(m): 6:50am On Oct 14, 2016
It's to become a Politician. Use English to deceive and confuse the masses. Simple!

1 Like

Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by samx4real(m): 6:50am On Oct 14, 2016
From teaching to gossiping

Thank me later grin

1 Like

Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by Olukokosir(m): 6:54am On Oct 14, 2016
Don't let dem deceive u dat u can work 4 embassy, UNO, UN nd d likes ooo ... International relation students dey der ooo

Na Teacher u go do

Teacher

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by flyca: 6:59am On Oct 14, 2016
If you
Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by Daniel058(m): 7:00am On Oct 14, 2016
To sabi Manipulate word na something . Atleast any intimidation coming ur way must surrender once they hear say you read english 4 school.IF YOU doubt am , Ask warri people nah.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by joezy23(m): 7:06am On Oct 14, 2016
minister of finace grin

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by DonJupo(m): 7:06am On Oct 14, 2016
Sent you a DM. Check your inbox for details.
Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by BossDanniee(m): 7:06am On Oct 14, 2016
OP thanks 4 this topic..I'm also an English undergraduate under faculty of education..I think its lecturing

1 Like

Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by orlarbissy(f): 7:07am On Oct 14, 2016
Lecturing, mass media and a writer

1 Like

Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by idu1(m): 7:08am On Oct 14, 2016
Detecting grammatical blunder of nairalanders.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? / Proposal For The Supply Of Ago(diesel) / 11,000 Rivers Civil Servants Forged Their Ages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.