Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,267 members, 7,780,600 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:17 PM

What Do We Really Think About Ourselves? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do We Really Think About Ourselves? (780 Views)

Should We Really Ignore Dysfunctional Families? / 3 Most Important Things Men Think About - Bamisepeters' Blog / My Sis Is Always Having Mood Swing We Really Cant Say Why This Is[kind Advice] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do We Really Think About Ourselves? by missjo(f): 2:34pm On Oct 10, 2016
So I came across this topic just a few minutes ago,
https://www.nairaland.com/3399398/10-things-mother-never-told

And this part got me thinking:
5. She knows she’s not perfect.
She is her own worst critic. She knows all her flaws and sometimes hates herself for them. She is hardest on herself when it comes to you, though. She wanted to be the perfect mom, to do
nothing wrong — but because she is human, she made mistakes. She is probably still trying to forgive herself for them. She wishes with her whole heart that she could go back in time and do things differently, but she can’t, so be kind to her, and know she did the best she knew how to do.

Are there actually people who think they are perfect? In case you didn't know, the answer is YES. It's not really that these people see themselves as 100% perfect, it is that they don't see their flaws as imperfections.

My flaws include -
1. I'm sweet natured to a fault and many people have taken advantage of this, I would have loved to be more mean in certain situations.
2. I cry over the littlest things, I shouldn't be doing this but I can't help it.
3. I get caught in a lie everytime, I suck at it. YES I consider this a flaw, I should be able to lie convincingly sometimes tongue

Okay that's all I can think of at the moment.
Now the floor is open to you all, list out the thing(s) you consider your flaws. No specific number.
This isn't meant to embarrass no one, just some light-hearted fun if you're the kind of person who is not afraid to make fun of yourself and doesn't take yourself way too seriously. cool

1 Like

Re: What Do We Really Think About Ourselves? by budaatum: 12:38pm On Aug 22, 2019
budaatum:

Nice hot water in the shower one day when the showerhead says, "buda, you a perfectionist".

"Me?" Asked buda, hot water washing down face.

"Yeah you", says showerhead. "buda, you are a perfectionist".

buda look at the showerhead nice hot water washing off head and goes, "You're tripping. I ain't no perfectionist! I ain't never done anything perfectly in my life!"

Showerhead goes, "exactly". And kept showering hot water on buda head.

It took a while, but buda eventually realised buda didn't do anything because buda wasn't perfect.

10 whiles later and flaws are buda perfections.
Re: What Do We Really Think About Ourselves? by missjo(f): 11:42pm On Aug 22, 2019
budaatum:

10 whiles later and flaws are buda perfections.
cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do We Really Think About Ourselves? by Magnoliaa(f): 11:12pm On Oct 24, 2020
-ego
-procrastination
-overthinking
-sponge-like (in an immensely mega way...)

How are you, Jo? ( cc: missjo )
Re: What Do We Really Think About Ourselves? by anthonyuncle(m): 2:38am On Oct 25, 2020
am a fault finder

(1) (Reply)

As A Girl From A Different Culture, Is Denying A Child Normal In This Culture? / First Muslim Gay Wedding Holds In The Uk (photos) / Gf's Mom Talks Way Too Much

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.