Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,706 members, 7,802,101 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:14 AM

IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) (964079 Views)

PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel. / United In Betrayal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (142) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by mrklock(m): 10:26am On Oct 21, 2016
chinedumo:

no offense
i dont see anything faboulus about Nancy yet
Stick around
Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by chinedumo(m): 10:48am On Oct 21, 2016
mrklock:

Stick around

mr rude vs mr clueless
Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by mrklock(m): 10:55am On Oct 21, 2016
chinedumo:

mr rude vs mr clueless
Read and ignored
Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by lawal59(m): 10:58am On Oct 21, 2016
Thumbs up bro keep it coming

1 Like

Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by chinedumo(m): 11:01am On Oct 21, 2016
mrklock:

Read and ignored
oga no vex o. Abeg. No mind me
Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by elskillful: 11:09am On Oct 21, 2016
[quote author=chinedumo post=50384075]

at this point of death this is what you are thinking?

Kelvin vs jordan
nancy vs nelly.
Ok,lets read and see,only 2days and nancy will move on without her mum so long kelvin/jordan stands with her.
love is crazy 4rm d love xpert.

1 Like

Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 21, 2016
Nice writeup, started reading some minutes ago and truth you got me craving to read more. Keep it coming ma'am.

I think you need to always proofread before posting so as to avoid the mistakes you'vr been making.

I see Nancy's got a lot coming her way, nelly&jordan iish and her mom's death. Kelvin will be by her side when she is depressed which will make her fall fir him

Do mention me in your next update
Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by Angelinastto(f): 11:38am On Oct 21, 2016
presido997:
This Story is superb, i sight u op!
lol. Your eyes ehn?
Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by Angelinastto(f): 11:39am On Oct 21, 2016
Olamilanre:
Nice writeup, started reading some minutes ago and truth you got me craving to read more. Keep it coming ma'am.

I think you need to always proofread before posting so as to avoid the mistakes you'vr been making.

I see Nancy's got a lot coming her way, nelly&jordan iish and her mom's death. Kelvin will be by her side when she is depressed which will make her fall fir him

Do mention me in your next update
Thanks alot. You have finish the story. Lol
Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by Angelinastto(f): 11:41am On Oct 21, 2016
[quote author=elskillful post=50386497][/quote] chai! All you know is love. I think i need to listen to your love story. Lol
Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by Angelinastto(f): 11:43am On Oct 21, 2016
lawal59:
Thumbs up bro keep it coming
Lol am a lady o abii girl sef.
Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by Angelinastto(f): 11:46am On Oct 21, 2016
DTOBS:
Hmm............ Wowww
I see Nancy going through a lot in the coming years Jordan and Nelly hooking up Kelvin standing strong for Nancy and the rest will be history as they do say grin
Angelinastto, well done dear
lol thank you. You get jazz o
Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by Angelinastto(f): 11:48am On Oct 21, 2016
chinedumo:

mr rude vs mr clueless
chinedumo:

no offense
i dont see anything faboulus about Nancy yet
mrklock:

Me grin
Me
Lol. Can't stop laughing
Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 21, 2016
Angelinastto:
Thanks alot. You have finish the story. Lol
Really?? Waiting patiently as the mystery unfolds
Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by elskillful: 12:33pm On Oct 21, 2016
Angelinastto:

chai! All you know is love. I think i need to listen to your love story. Lol
sadly i don't have any to tell.am not yet ready 4 dat.
Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by sashishalom(f): 12:36pm On Oct 21, 2016
Wonderful story...keep it coming
Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by Mercielove(f): 12:47pm On Oct 21, 2016
at this point, Nancy's life will turn around because her uncle ( mother's brother) Will claim all the wealth because Nancy is not up to 18. she might not have the chance to further her studies any longer and I believe that is only Kelvin that will stand by her.
Nancy's mother also died hiding the truth from her cause she and Nelly are twins.
Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by oluwatymylehyn(m): 1:02pm On Oct 21, 2016
You have carved a niche for yourself in writing a captivating story like this, we all hope to see more of you. Keep it up, the sky is the starting point for you... I pity Nancy, she has never prepared for this sudden change of scenario. I'm not sure things would ever be rosy for her again. Keep it rolling, we want to see what becomes of Nancy. Good job.
Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by Nobody: 3:11pm On Oct 21, 2016
I think its nor right to enjoy the story and not press share, or like for that matter.

Nancy, I pity you kiddooo

1 Like

Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by patjane(f): 4:01pm On Oct 21, 2016
Keep it up dear
Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by nawtielizzie(f): 4:51pm On Oct 21, 2016
who else believes in miracle.... plz update nd dont forget 2 mention me... More ink 2 ya pen.....

#following
Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by swaggzDawg: 4:57pm On Oct 21, 2016
Angelinastto:

Thanks. Yes o. I was born and brought up there.
Same here
D tori dey sweet me.... Keep it coming dear
Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by Erinola057(f): 7:13pm On Oct 21, 2016
Can someone pls help me tell this ma'am to come and finish what she start abeg I wan knw wetin go apun nxt.. Hmmmmm uncle Mike ooo
Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by Angelinastto(f): 7:47pm On Oct 21, 2016
CONTINUATION

I was together with khole and jordan as we waited for the doctor to come out of the E.R. I prayed,hoped and prayed again. I got tired of praying while sitting so i went on my kneels and prayed,hoping my new position will hasten the miracle. I stood up immediately i saw the doctor coming toward us,i rushed to him and asked after my mom. The doctor held my hand and said "Time of death 5:30pm. Am sorry ma'am" and he left. The doctors' words were simple but too difficult for me to decode. I held khole and asked her what the doctor said but she did not respond,i moved closer to kelvin, tap him on his shoulder and said "Kelvin what was he talking about,i asked after my mom not a dead body" kelvin held me close to himself and looked away without a response. I could see the tears he was trying to hide. The truth was right before me but i was so blind to see it. Everywhere became dark suddenly and the last thing i remember before i passed out was my mom's last statement "My baby....Nancy....Be strong".
I did not know for how long i have been unconscious but i finally opened my eyes on a hospital bed. When i became fully conscious,i saw khole,aunty Oyinkan,kelvin and jordan beside me. I made to sit upright and aunty oyinkan rushed at me, she held my hand and said "Nancy... my dear, i am here for you,we are here for you, be strong for us" i could feel the sadness and pity in her voice but that was not what i needed, all i ever wanted was my mom,my world,my everything and my mentor. Aunty oyinkan urged me to say something and all i could say was "Aunty where is my mom?" She did not respond, she only buried her head in her hands and i could hear her weep. I did not have the strength to ask further questions so i turned to the wall and thought about my life, my mom and my future. Everywhere was silent.
I woke up the following day to the sound of argument, jordan was the only one with me and he was sitting close to my bed. Few minutes later i could hear the voice of my uncle arguing with the doctor and aunty oyinkan. He was requesting for me to be discharged,in order for the burial arrangements to commence. At the mention of burial,the truth i was not willing to accept became real to me, so mom is dead and she would be buried soon. I could not fight back my tears. Jordan held my hand and kissed then in a bid to console me,he told me everything will be alright and he promised to be there for me. Though i knew nothing will be alright, i was consoled by his words.
I was discharged the same day and aunty Oyinkan took me home. I arrived my compound and saw cars everywhere as alot of people came to pay there last respect. I could not respond to people's greeting as i walked into the main building ,it will only make me break down. Immediately i entered my house i went to my mom's room and requested to be alone. Everybody honoured my request and i locked the door behind me. Mom's room was still as i left it and her scent was everywhere. I took some of her clothes and sniffed it,her scent filled my noise and i wished for death. This is the woman i have lived with all my life, a true mother, a friend and a teacher. Why mom? The torture her scent was giving me was too much for me so i dropped her clothes and took her picture from the wall. Mom was smilling beautifully in the picture and i wondered if she would stil smille now without realising the pains she left behind. I was still in tears when I heard a knock on the door and i reluctantly open up,kelvin came in and informed me that my presence was needed downstairs, he did not wait for a reply before leaving. I took one of my mom's dress with me and left the room.
I got to our living room and i saw most of my mom's relative gathered, i sat on the floor and held my mom's dress close to my nose. Mr. Ikebe, the oldest man in my mom's family cleared his throat and said " i greet you all my children, i know that our gathering here today is that of pain and sorrow but this meeting is a very important one. The late Lillian was a daughter, a mother, a sister and a cheerful giver. We all loved her when she was alive. She honoured us during her days on earth which is the reason why we will honour her now that she is dead by giving her a befitting burial. As we all know Nancy is the only child left behind by the deceased but she is too young to step into her mother's shoe, which is the reason why we have decided that Mike, who is the late Lillians' only brother will step into her shoes. He wil take over from where lillian stopped and he wil take care of her burial, her business,her property and her daughter. This is the family decision,ones again i greet you all" Mr.Ikebe ended his speech and i could hear murmuring everywhere but i could not stand a minutes more with them. I left for my mom's room and waited for the worst. Life is full of ups and down! Sweet and Sour!! Happiness and Sadness. I wish i was dreaming.

4 Likes

Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by DTOBS(m): 8:37pm On Oct 21, 2016
Angelinastto:

lol thank you. You get jazz o
Lolll grin
Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by Angelinastto(f): 9:10pm On Oct 21, 2016
CONTINUATION

The D-day was saturday, the day my mom was buried. I woke up sad but i gathered all my strength and i tried to stay strong. I was able to hide my tears as we all left our compound dressed in white, heading to the cemetery to burry my world. I thought i was strong,i thought i gathered enough strength until when my mom's coffin was brought out of the ambulance, i wanted to go crazy. I released myself from jordan's grip and ran to the coffin, i screamed,requesting to see my mom's lifeless body but nobody listened to me, i cried my eyes out, if only mom was there, she would have listen to me, she always listen to me!! I shouted. Kelvin carried me away from the coffin and consoled me. I was calm for a while and when the coffin was taken away, i became more calm.
We got to the space provided for my mom to be buried and the coffin was brought out again. My mom was lowered to the ground as the priest ended his sermon with "From dust we were made and to dust we will return". I was called upon to pour sand on her coffin and i could not bear it any longer. It was so difficult, so difficult for me to see my mom,my world, my present and my future been buried while i stay put. I wanted to jump into her grave but kelvin and jordan were too strong for me to escape their grip. what wil be my reason for staying behind when the reason for my existence was been buried? Just like yesterday, dad was been buried but mom was here for me and she gave me a shoulder for me to cry on, now that she is gone, on whose shoulder will i cry on? My mom the most loving Mrs.williams was covered up with sand and that was the last i saw of her.
After the burial, a flamboyant ceremony was organised, people ate and drank as if mom's death was been celebrated. I stayed in her room throughout the ceremonial period. Khole,kelvin,aunty oyinkan,jordan and nelly took turn to visit me but none of them could feel what i felt,i lost a mother while they lost a family friend.
By the third week of my mom's death,most of the visitors left and the house was empty. I was left with kelvin and the other workers. Kelvin did alot for me and he tried all his possible best to console me but my mom is irreplaceable.
On monday afternoon of the fourth week My uncle seek to meet with the workers and myself. We all settled down in the living room and my uncle said " I greet you all for honouring my invite and am greatful for your support during my late sister's burial. Without beating about the bush, My reason for calling this meeting is to inform u all that your appointment with this family has been terminated, you all have been relived of your duties. The sum of a hundred thousand will given to all of you now and you are to vacate this premises latest tomorrow evening. Ones again Goodafternoon". My uncle ended his speech and he left. I looked at kelvin and he looked back at me, i did not know what to feel anymore as tears rushed down my cheek. I met with my uncle and pleaded with him to allow kelvin stay but he refused and said,this is now his house and his bussiness. He is the only determinant of who leaves and who stays. I left in tears and rushed to mom's room.
I felt a tap on my shoulder and i looked up, kelvin was infront of me. He smilled at me and asked if i was crying because i wont find a great cook like him. I forced a smille and he sat beside me. Kelvin took my hands and said "Nancy, i want to offer you my penny, please listen attentively. You need to be strong but you should not fight for yourself Nancy. Look around you, everybody is hungry for you mom's wealth, if you play hard, they will end up using you as a stepping stone. Sometimes you have to play the fool to win the world. Now is not the time to fight for yourself, just watch, play along and learn..." kelvin ended his piece of advice and i went into his arm. He released himself from my grip and i offered to help him pack his bag.
Early tuesday morning, kelvin and all the workers were ready to leave, they all offered their condolences and promised to check on me. Kelvin was the last person to leave and before he left he took my hand and dropped some naira note and said "this is fifty thousand naira,you will need it, remember be strong and i will keep intouch". I could not hold back my tears when kelvin left, the sacrifice he made got me emotional. Even though he was brooke,he gave me half of his pay off.
End of chapter3

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by Angelinastto(f): 9:19pm On Oct 21, 2016
Olamilanre:

Really?? Waiting patiently as the mystery unfolds
Lol. Hoping you wil be available throughout d ride.
Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by Angelinastto(f): 9:23pm On Oct 21, 2016
Erinola057:
Can someone pls help me tell this ma'am to come and finish what she start abeg I wan knw wetin go apun nxt.. Hmmmmm uncle Mike ooo
lol over here ma'am
Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by Angelinastto(f): 9:24pm On Oct 21, 2016
elskillful:
. sadly i don't have any to tell.am not yet ready 4 dat.
I hear but i do not believe
Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by Angelinastto(f): 9:26pm On Oct 21, 2016
Mercielove:
at this point, Nancy's life will turn around because her uncle ( mother's brother) Will claim all the wealth because Nancy is not up to 18. she might not have the chance to further her studies any longer and I believe that is only Kelvin that will stand by her.
Nancy's mother also died hiding the truth from her cause she and Nelly are twins.
my sis has finished my story before me. Thanks
Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by Angelinastto(f): 9:27pm On Oct 21, 2016
nawtielizzie:
who else believes in miracle.... plz update nd dont forget 2 mention me... More ink 2 ya pen.....

#following
Lizzie!!!!!! Where art thou
Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by Angelinastto(f): 9:29pm On Oct 21, 2016
oluwatymylehyn:
You have carved a niche for yourself in writing a captivating story like this, we all hope to see more of you. Keep it up, the sky is the starting point for you... I pity Nancy, she has never prepared for this sudden change of scenario. I'm not sure things would ever be rosy for her again. Keep it rolling, we want to see what becomes of Nancy. Good job.
thanks alot!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (142) (Reply)

Tradition - A Story / Number 225 Katakata Street / Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.