Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,633 members, 7,801,825 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) (964053 Views)

PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel. / United In Betrayal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (142) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by DTOBS(m): 5:45pm On Oct 25, 2016
Angelinastto:
Goodevening guys, so so sorry i wont be able to deliver tonight. Sort of emotionally wrecked. The story will continue tomorrow Insha Allah. Goodnight people!
Emotional wrecked? Am I reading something in something else's form here? grin

Well, just be strong dear and come out stronger!!!
Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by Angelinastto(f): 8:24pm On Oct 25, 2016
CONTINUATION

I was about to sleep that day when Jordan called. I rejected his call severally and he ended up sending a text "Swidy,am so sorry for not coming to pick you up as promised. My car brooke down and i had a flat battery. Am sure you were able to sit for the exam. I know you are angry with me, i promise to make it up to you
and always remember that i love you so dearly. (Jordan)" that was the message content. I was stil contemplating on trusting Jordan or not when he called again. I accepted his incoming call and i could hear him breathe a sigh of relief. He told me he was very worried when i did not accept his calls and he went on and on to apologizing for not keeping to his promise. I accepted Jordan's apology and he made new promises, to be there for me and stand by me through thick and thin. I felt love again and was happy to have Jordan by my side in the absence of Kelvin and Khole.
The week went on with me continuing my normal routine as an errand girl. It was not a good thing to do but i was beginning to get use to my duty. On sundays we do no open the supermarket, so it was a free day for me. On our way to church the following day, Lizzy told me the jamb result was out and she would check for mine when we come back from just. I went to church feeling anxious. I used all my strength to pray and dance in church,hoping for a good result.
Immediately we came back from church, we met uncle mike and his wife in the living room, we greeted them and went to lizzy's room. I told lizzy to check my result for me but she said her period just started and she was out of pad, so she needed to get herself a pack of always immediately. Lizzy went out to get the pad and i decided to make lunch for myself in a bid to keep myself bussy. I was about to go to the kitchen when i saw aunty Nike cooking, she looked at me and said " have you checked your jamb result? Or you have failed thats why you have refuse to tell us?" I told her i was yet to check it and she said "I knew you will lie but am ready for you this afternoon, go and get me your sit number and examination center number, i have the scratch card with me" my heart skipped a bit and i was confused. Though i was anxious to know what my score was, i wanted to find out before anybody in the house inorder to prepare for the worst if i should fail. I prayed to have a high score with the whole of my heart as i went to get my sit and examination center number.
I came back to the living room where my uncle and his wife were sitted. I gave aunty nike the requested numbers and she got bussy with her system. My heart was beating fast as she checked for my score. I knew it will be a thing of joy for her if i fail, so i prayed to put her to shame. I did not write well during examination but i was hoping a miracle will bail me out. "Yes! I knew it! I knew you would fail. Come and see with your eyes, your score is not even up to average. Useless, thats what you are! Come here and check your score!" aunty nike's voice brought me back to reality, but i was hoping everything she was saying was a lie as i slowly moved towards her to see things for myself. I got to her and she pointed at the screen where my score was boldly written.
Literature-42
Mathematics-45
English-45
Government-44
Total score=176
Immediately i saw my score my heart brooke into a million pieces, this was my last hope. How will i gain admission into the university without an average score? I asked myself as tears rushed out of my eyes. To make matter worse, i would have to continue to slave for my uncle's wife for another year.
As if the pain i was feeling because of my failure was not enough, my uncle stood up with full force and gave me a slap. My eyes went blur for a minute. I was not expecting the slap. Before i could come out of the shock of the first slap, he gave me a second one and i lost my balance. I fell on a couch close to me. Uncle mike did not stop at that, he continued to hit me all over as aunty nike sang him praise song for what he was doing. Lizzy was not home and their was nobody to save me. I was loosing my strength and if i should receive the beating without running for my life, i might end up loosing my dear life. 'No, i cant die now! I must make it in life and write my success story someday!!' i thought. I remembered my parents and the thought of making them proud someday as kelvin told me gave the the strength to escape. I pushed uncle mike with the whole of my strength and he landed on his bare ass. I could not go back inside since it would warrant more beating, the only option was for me to run outside. I quickly unlocked the door and ran to the gate. I could hear aunty nike screaming my name and accusing me of killing her husband as i unlock the gate. I got out of the house and i ran as fast as my legs could carry me, far, far, far away from home.

END OF CHAPTER.

5 Likes

Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by Babsopey(m): 8:47pm On Oct 25, 2016
Sorry for the jamb score, we can protest it. Lols. Nice one
Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by elskillful: 9:00pm On Oct 25, 2016
Angelinastto,see how you shift your jamb score to nancy. still watching u in 5D. good update,let d suffering continue.

1 Like

Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by Angelinastto(f): 9:18pm On Oct 25, 2016
DTOBS:

I'm sowie... But why didn't you also ask of me? grin

Anyways, how re you doing?
lol see accusation?? Am good. You? What happened yesterday? your wife collected your phone abi?
Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by Angelinastto(f): 9:20pm On Oct 25, 2016
DTOBS:
Emotional wrecked? Am I reading something in something else's form here? grin
Well, just be strong dear and come out stronger!!!
Lol me i does'nt knew o. Thank dear. I believe i can fly now!
Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by Angelinastto(f): 9:21pm On Oct 25, 2016
Babsopey:
Sorry for the jamb score, we can protest it. Lols. Nice one
Lol. Really?
Thanks
Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by Dhanidhamy(m): 9:23pm On Oct 25, 2016
ok,ive read many stories,but this really touched and made me emotional.Great job.
Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by Angelinastto(f): 9:23pm On Oct 25, 2016
elskillful:
Angelinastto,see how you shift your jamb score to nancy.
still watching u in 5D.
good update,let d suffering continue.
Haaaaaa! You ehn? Me that i score 395 in jamb. Lemme not open your secret here sha.
Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by Dhanidhamy(m): 9:24pm On Oct 25, 2016
ok,ive read many stories,but this really touched and made me emotional.Great job Angelisnatto
Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by Angelinastto(f): 9:27pm On Oct 25, 2016
Dhanidhamy:
ok,ive read many stories,but this really touched and made me emotional.Great job.
Thanks dear. Welcome on board.
DTOBS will serve you cookies while elskillful will follow with fruit juice.
Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by elskillful: 9:28pm On Oct 25, 2016
Angelinastto:

Haaaaaa! You ehn? Me that i score 395 in jamb. Lemme not open your secret here sha.
395:3+9+5=17/400
oya open secret.
Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by Angelinastto(f): 9:34pm On Oct 25, 2016
elskillful:
. 395:3+9+5=17/400 oya open secret.
lol. You go stil beg me for ikoro (secret) and you will be making mouth here.
Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by Peterkeyz: 1:08am On Oct 26, 2016
Come and continue...am loving this but am suspecting those two#Nelly and jordan..great work anyways
Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by DTOBS(m): 11:18am On Oct 26, 2016
Angelinastto:

lol see accusation?? Am good. You? What happened yesterday? your wife collected your phone abi?
Lol...Watch out DSS are on their way? grin
Nothing happened yesterday except that it was a Tue and it rained here.
Yea, she said that she want to read the story too grin grin
Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by DTOBS(m): 11:19am On Oct 26, 2016
Angelinastto:

Lol me i does'nt knew o.
Thank dear. I believe i can fly now!
Good to read that... Well-done!!!
Tell him not to go so that you wont feel like this again! *winks*
Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by DTOBS(m): 11:20am On Oct 26, 2016
Angelinastto:

Thanks dear. Welcome on board.
DTOBS will serve you cookies while elskillful will follow with fruit juice.
grin grin Oya now, what angle are we starting from?
Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by elskillful: 11:35am On Oct 26, 2016
DTOBS:
grin grin Oya now, what angle are we starting from?
ehm...no fruit juice just dry gin mixed with roots,barks&herbs
Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 11:46am On Oct 26, 2016
Dear Angelinastto,

The storyline is really beautiful and heartrending and I like the element of reality in it. Obviously, you've improved a lot. Thanks to Danhumprey and your consistency. Many wouldn't be willing to take emendations, I've witnessed it a lot. My comments might no longer come, that's me. I feel too lazy to comment, often. However, if there's anytime you need a turn, I'll try to help you determine if it's a right or a left. Don't expect much though, I'm just as good as you are.

I've no favorite character yet sha. A beg, introduce a likeable niggah. Also, I don't know why I feel Khole is being left out, maybe because I was falling for her.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by youssylee: 1:33pm On Oct 26, 2016
why is khloe bn left out..., make Nancy run away from auz jare..,dat Jordan na real legbere
Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by Angelinastto(f): 2:34pm On Oct 26, 2016
Peterkeyz:
Come and continue...am loving this but am suspecting those two#Nelly and jordan..great work anyways
Though shall not suspect your neighbour! Thanks
Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by Angelinastto(f): 3:40pm On Oct 26, 2016
CHAPTER 5

I stopped to run when my legs could no longer carry me. I looked behind me and i could no longer see my house, i was far away from home. I looked at the signpost in front of me and i saw "The Apostolic church of Nigeria", A church was the last place i wanted to be, because i believed that the same God i danced and prayed to wholeheartedly in church some minutes ago made me fail my examination but the sun was shining too brightly and i could no longer take the effect on my skin. I slightly pushed the door to the church open and i entered into the church. The church was quiet since i was the only one there. I sat on one of the chairs and the event that took place few minutes ago with uncle mike came to my mind. The cause of the trouble was my failure, i looked at the image of Jesus on the Altar and i asked the image, why he did not perform a miracle and make me have a high score in the examination. I continue to think about my life, The adorable days i had with my family and the days of agony i was having without a family. Tears filled my eyes and i did not hold the tears back, it rushed down freely on my cheek.
I stayed in the church for more than an hour, i found peace and comfort there but i could not stay there forever. I knew going back to uncle mike and his wife was not an option, so i decided to call khole and aunty oyinkan. I placed my hand into the pocket of my jean trouser to get my phone,but i could not find anything in my pocket apart from a squeezed #20. I was stranded again without a phone. Going to khole's house would take me more than three hours, if i should trek down, so it was not an option for me. Jordan's house was closer to my present destination and i should be there in the next one hour on foot. I stood up from the chair and said my prayer before leaving the church premises.
It was not eassy to journey on foot but i was able to get to Jordan's house weak and tired. I knocked on the huge gate and i heard a voice say "Who be that? I dey come o" from inside the house. I leaned on the gate and not long after, the gate man opened the smaller gate. He greeted me and i could tell he was surprise to see me. I thought it was because of my appearance but i was wrong. The gateman said "welcome aunty Nancy, when you con go change cloth again, shebi nah now you enter?" i did not understand what he was saying, i just asked if Jordan and his parent were home. "Oga Jordan never comot ever since you come nao and i don tell you before say mommy and daddy done travel" From his statement, the only thing i could deduce was that, Jordan's parent were not again but Jordan was home. I was grateful for this because he was my last hope. I was hoping he would take me to khole's house if i could not stay with him.
I pushed the door to the main building open and it gave way. I entered the living room and called Jordan but i did not get a response. I stil remembered his room from the party, so i went upstairs to check for him, probably he will be in his room, i thought as i climbed the stairs. I was almost at the door of Jordan room when i heard voices, one of it sounded like the person was moaning. I moved closer to the door and i heard a female voice clearly. "Yea.... I cant believe you are this good baby...where have you been all my life....faster baby.....ohhhh....faster....i love you Jordan...." That was it! My heart started to beat fast. I came here to get a comforting shoulder but now my heart is breaking into a million pieces. I wanted to run out of the house but my spirit stopped me. My inner spirit wanted me to find out if he was really cheating or not. Who could he be cheating with? I asked myself and i suddenly remembered the gateman's statement. He was insisting i was here before. O.M.G could it be Nelly? No..... It cant be. I thought of how betrayed i would feel if i should catch Jordan cheating with Nelly and i almost ran out of the house for my eyes not to see such act of Betrayal. But stil i wanted to find out the truth. I moved to the door and slowly opened it. I was a lady underneath Jordan, both nude.I looked closely and it was Nelly.I did not know when i screamed "Jesus!!!" and jordan jump off her, i could see his huge dick when he faced me, i did not have the time to look at Nelly as i ran out of the house. I ran outside and rushed to the gate, i could hear Jordan calling my name from behind but i did not stop. He has always been a disappointment and today he brooke my love and trust with his art of betrayal with a friend i once call sister. I kept on running even when i got outside their compound and i was too blind to see the car coming with full speed. I was in the middle of the road already and unable to reverse my step. Before i could say 'Jerk!' something bigger than me hit me from behind like a big rock and i felt my body brooke down into pieces. The last thing that came to my mind before going out of this world was "Men are simply Evil!!!"
T.B.C

4 Likes

Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by DTOBS(m): 3:44pm On Oct 26, 2016
elskillful:

Lol grin
Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by DTOBS(m): 3:45pm On Oct 26, 2016
elskillful:

Lol grin ; grin
Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by DTOBS(m): 3:51pm On Oct 26, 2016
Hmmmmm.... Are men really evil?
Angelinastto, come and answer me... grin
Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by Angelinastto(f): 3:58pm On Oct 26, 2016
DTOBS:

Lol grin ; grin
you self see say elskillful nah drink addict. See as him dey call drinks name without thinking twice.

1 Like

Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by Angelinastto(f): 3:59pm On Oct 26, 2016
DTOBS:
Hmmmmm.... Are men really evil?
Angelinastto, come and answer me... grin
Lol. Shey i lie. My sisters Jagugu88li and missmossy will help me answer.

1 Like

Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by Angelinastto(f): 4:02pm On Oct 26, 2016
youssylee:
why is khloe bn left out..., make Nancy run away from auz jare..,dat Jordan na real legbere
Khole is in school. What is lagbere o?
Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by Missmossy(f): 4:03pm On Oct 26, 2016
Chai such betrayal. Nancy is such a victim of many unpleasant circumstances. I know she won't die.

Some men are evil especially those ones with sugar coated tongues @ Angelinastto and DTOBS.

2 Likes

Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by Angelinastto(f): 4:04pm On Oct 26, 2016
OluwabuqqyYOLO:
Dear Angelinastto,

The storyline is really beautiful and heartrending and I like the element of reality in it. Obviously, you've improved a lot. Thanks to Danhumprey and your consistency. Many wouldn't be willing to take emendations, I've witnessed it a lot. My comments might no longer come, that's me. I feel too lazy to comment, often. However, if there's anytime you need a turn, I'll try to help you determine if it's a right or a left. Don't expect much though, I'm just as good as you are.

I've no favorite character yet sha. A beg, introduce a likeable niggah. Also, I don't know why I feel Khole is being left out, maybe because I was falling for her.
Awwwwn thanks alot. Please please please comment more often!
Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by Angelinastto(f): 4:06pm On Oct 26, 2016
DTOBS:
Lol...Watch out DSS are on their way? grin Nothing happened yesterday except that it was a Tue and it rained here. Yea, she said that she want to read the story too grin grin
Lol. Heeya weather for two. Am catching cold.

1 Like

Re: IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) by Angelinastto(f): 4:07pm On Oct 26, 2016
Missmossy:
Chai such betrayal. Nancy is such a victim of many unpleasant circumstances. I know she won't die.

Some men are evil especially those ones with sugar coated tongues @ Angelinastto and DTOBS.
Gbam. Missmossy you are the best! Especially DTOBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (142) (Reply)

Tradition - A Story / Number 225 Katakata Street / Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.