Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story (47205 Views)

You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio / Showers Of Mercy - True Life Story / Where Is The Guy I Married?....... A Short Christian Romance Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 1:33pm On Oct 14, 2016
CONTD....

Fearfully Lucy insisted she hold her, she started to pray for her speaking in tongues together with Alice praying too, while the rest of the medical team watched on panicky as precious minutes slipped by which could benefit the baby through the right medical attention, but this was a private hospital. Immediately she had a divine inspiration; she opened her daughter's mouth and breathed in to her as led by her spirit. A second later the baby gasped and opened her eyes, she stared at Lucy as if wondering who she was and then started to cry. The medical team jumped out of their stupor and sprang into action, everyone glad and wondering how the second baby could have been missed.

Just then Lucy's mobile rang; it was Matt he explained he'd been unable to reach his mobile and asked how she was, wishing he was there. Too tired to be angry, Lucy shocked him into silence as she told him the great news, he was a proud father of twins!

Hello, Hello Matt are you there? She asked

Matt can you hear me? She asked again

Michael Peters woke up hungry and in need of attention determined to get it he cried as loudly as his lungs could take and just when he was about to give up hope, loving warm hands carried him into the sweet embrace of his mother's bosom, where he desperately latched on to his source of food, happy and at peace.

His mother watched him feed lovingly caressing his face as she took in his features similar to that of his father, anyone who'd seen Matt knew this baby was an exact copy. His sister Michelle woke up, her cot next to her brother's, and started playing by herself, almost nine months old she was beginning to develop her individuality which bore a striking resemblance to her mother's. Lucy watched her put her leg in her mouth laughing as she did this, and wondered why Matt was never around to experience this treasured moments.

Few hours earlier, they'd woken up peacefully. He just got back from his travel again and Lucy was hoping he would spend some quality time with them. At least that seemed to be the plan, when he'd gone into the nursery and picked up Michael who was already awake, and in need of a diaper change. She saw him squeeze his face at this revelation, and watched him gently put him back, reaching instead for Michelle who was okay. Lucy felt disgusted with him as she watched him unknown to him, just then Michael decided he wasn't too happy with the switch and decided to express his feelings by crying.

IT CONTINUES....PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT

2 Likes

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by stainless239(f): 4:08pm On Oct 14, 2016
Hmmmmm!!!! Matt abeg ooo

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by virtuedagirl(f): 5:47pm On Oct 14, 2016
i'm present sir thanks for the mention.Your stories is always great,thanks for sharing

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 11:17am On Oct 17, 2016
virtuedagirl:
i'm present sir thanks for the mention.Your stories is always great,thanks for sharing

Am glad you love this smiley
Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 11:39am On Oct 17, 2016
CONTD...

Lucy watched her ill equipped husband ignore his son's tears and walked away out of the nursery carrying his daughter, while he shouted for her to go attend to 'the boy'. Feeling upset she asked him to give Michelle to her, while he went back and righted the wrongful injustice his son was feeling however young he might seem. Matt refused saying he wasn't in the mood to sooth a crying baby, as he'd had a busy week.

Just then Michelle decided to start up her own torrent of tears and the whole house became a wailing nightmare. Matt in that instant dumped Michelle on Lucy grabbed his keys and stormed out of the house. Complaining about needing peace of mind, as he needed to relax, and ordered Lucy to ensure the kids were out of the way when he came back. With that he stormed out leaving her to deal with it all. Lucy cuddled her daughter surprising herself as tears slipped down her face unawares. Her daughter stopped there and then surprised at the change in her mother. Lucy could have sworn she saw a fleeting expression of sympathy pass over her face as she fell quiet.

Together they went back to the nursery to deal with her brother whose wails had increased in tempo with every minute he felt ignored. Backing her daughter on her back she kept her firmly there with a length piece of cloth she tied round herself just as her mother taught her. She then lifted up her son and went to the bathroom to change him.

IT CONTINUES STILL....

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 2:58pm On Oct 17, 2016
CONTD...

Few hours later there was finally peace with everybody's needs eventually satisfied for the moment, the kids bathed and fed, and Lucy having time to herself to tidy up.

The main door slammed as Matt stepped into the house, jolting Lucy out of her reverie. He was carrying some flowers and a box of chocolate with an apologetic look on his face.

Hi Lu. He greeted

Hi. Lucy replied

I'm sorry for the way I stormed out earlier, please forgive me. I know they are both our responsibility and you have also had a stressful week dealing with them, so I had no excuse to make my week sound more special. Lu I'm sorry can you forgive me.

Lucy smiled. Times like this she saw a shadow of the Matt she married and it made her feel loved. Accepting his flowers and the box of chocolate, she dropped them on the centre piece and carried the twins to the room. She'd learned today that Matt needed more time to adjust to fatherhood. It took a while but Lucy learned that her husband was quite good with buying her gifts but not with dealing with his kids. She learned from then on to take advantage of the grandparents.

Lucy dashed out of the house carrying a car seat comfortably seating Michael; Matt was right behind her carrying the other car seat, with Michelle their daughter while he tried to lock the door.

They were late for the Sunday service as usual, this lateness was one of the things they were both trying to adjust to with their new status as parents for almost a year now, even though her mother and Matt's had offered to move in to assist she'd declined preferring them to baby sit instead.

IT CONTINUES...

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 3:00pm On Oct 17, 2016
CONTD.....

Opening the door to the Range Rover Jeep, she carefully tucked in Michael her sweet caramel skinned son who looked just like his father, praying he wouldn't wake up for he loved and demanded attention, unlike his sister Michelle who everyone said was the spitting image of her, with her peanut butter skin revealing promises of the 'bronze toned smoothness' eventually going to spring forth in her teenage years, oh! She's so beautiful, she whispered to Matt as she watched him tuck her in on the other side.

Fighting back the tears of joy she felt as a mother every time she looked at her family, she felt truly fulfilled and grateful to God for making her dreams come true, He truly was a great God. Carefully closing the door, she slid into the front seat beside Matt who'd started the jeep, shutting the door, they slowly as one moved in one accord to church.

Matt sat next to his wife in the nursing mother section in the sanctuary, completely tuned off, he knew he had no right to look God in the eye and ask forgiveness for something he was going to do again. He couldn't help himself, he had it all, a beautiful wife, two amazing kids who made him feel proud, and you would think he would be contented with that but no! He had to go and put his hands in fire, and now he was knee-deep in it, but he just couldn't back out. He looked beside him at Lucy, who was listening attentively to the sermon. They were quite good friends with the pastor, Ibi who was an African, very eloquent and explicit in his sermons. He remembered the days of his marriage counseling when the man equivocally told them that divorce was not an option for Christians. He had even stated it clear not even in the case of infidelity

But Moses in Old Testament allowed for this to happen. Matt countered

Ibi smiled at him and said, 'why do people always say that when this topic comes up. Moses gave the people of Israel the option of divorce because of their stubborn and stiff-necked ways even Jesus confirmed it in the new testament, when he was talking to the philistines, and he said ' but from the beginning it was not so'

So Matthew, you need to think about this issue of marriage deeply, it is till death do you part. Would you rather be divorced and remarry against God's commandment or wouldn't you rather think carefully about it before you go into it, God is ready to walk with you in this journey, it's a call to serve one another, and to serve God but you have to come into it with the right heart, it's not about sex only, emotions and feelings will change over the years, but what will keep you two together?

Before I got married to Abby, I thought about it and became convinced in my heart that there was nothing she would do, that would make me stop loving her, nothing! And by dealing with those issues in my heart before we got married I gave no room for the devil to toy with me, and I did not limit my affections for her only to when things were rosy. Matthew that's what marriage is all about, you need to go home, search yourself and determine what your point of tolerance is, because there will be times when you will be offended or hurt but if you learn to focus on your love for her, you will find out that your home would be peaceful.

It's all in the heart Matthew, it's all in the heart.'

Casting his mind back to the present, he looked at the man on the podium preaching his heart out and wished he had an iota of control he had. He'd thought about what he said to him that day and he'd asked God to help him to apply it, but never in his wildest dreams did he think that he would be the one to cross the line. He shook his head with regret at his actions casting a side glance at Lucy again, wondering if she would ever forgive him, for what he'd done to her and their vows. It wasn't that they were not happy, because for the past two years they'd been, and even though he'd not being there, because he'd been off-shore regularly sometimes for weeks and even for 6 months at a stretch, she'd been so understanding about it all.

She was so dedicated to this marriage, it was sometimes frightening, to see her commitment, to her business, to him, to the children, even to her looks, she wanted to be the best, and he mentally applauded her because she was almost perfect. After giving birth to the kids, she'd struggled to diet and exercise, while dealing with the business and the kids, pushing herself for God knows why. He'd had to specially call the grandmothers to arrange a time in the week where they took charge of the kids to ease the guilt of his being away, and despite her insistence Lucy eventually agreed to it.

After the birth of the kids they'd decided that two was enough and she would have to take things gradually, although he won't be there to find out if she did. He would be somewhere else with another woman as usual, even through the whole birth experience, when Alice was trying to reach him, to tell him that he was about to be a father he'd been with Beth. Sitting down here in church he cried inside, wondering how he got into this mess.

He prayed, God please take away this guilt from me, please my family is the best thing in my life, being an only child I've always wanted to have my own family, and now I do, I'm tearing it down with my own hands, please God have mercy on me, forgive me, I promise to stop, I promise! Please save my marriage. I can't bear to tell my wife that I've been unfaithful to her, over and over again through the past one year she was carrying our children, she thinks the world of me, although I don't know why. So please let's keep this between us, I will tell her someday, but not today. Please God help me. He cried.

The sermon was ending, and the Pastor had asked for everyone to rise up, looking at him Matt suddenly felt this strong conviction in his heart to speak with him. Knowing it was God urging him to reach out; he made a mental note to do so.

After the service ended, he looked at Lucy who was tending to his son, who just woke up few minutes ago, crying the whole place down, people say the child was the spitting image of him, including his own mother who'd even brought his baby pictures to confirm, looking at him now being bottle fed by his mother, he suddenly realized they were right. This was his son, and he was his father, his Father. God! He couldn't afford to ruin this.

Looking up Lucy smiled at him giving him a quizzical look that asked Matt, what's on your mind?

He realized himself and glanced at Michelle, who was widely awake and had been throughout the service quietly taking in her surroundings. Now this one he believed, she was exactly her mother both in looks and in attitude, and he could see that he was going to have to barricade his house when the time came for her to start noticing boys, for she was truly a budding beauty. Looking up he saw some church members already making their way towards them, greetings began and glad that Lucy had companions to talk with for a few minutes, he excused himself hurriedly gave her a look saying 'I'll be right back', and went in search for Ibi.

He had to wait his turn and eventually he was in the front line, after a few pleasantries, he whispered to him quietly so his PA, who was right behind him wouldn't hear.

I need to speak with you urgently, nodding his head to show how serious it was.

Ibi looked at him and knew something was troubling him and although he would have liked to spend the evening with his family there was always room for God's children in his schedule anytime. He suggested that Matt come to see him around sixish in the evening at the church office.

Matt agreed instantly grateful, asked about the family and quickly went back to Lucy.

His excitement about the meeting and the possible solution to his adulterous existence made him so happy that the shock of seeing her with his wife, did not register on time and when it did he thought he would pass out from the sudden surge of adrenaline that pumped up to his heart. Walking closer he could her some bits of their conversation

So Friday is a good time right? Beth asked

Yeah! is 12pm alright with you? Lucy asked

Of course! That's great Beth replied

Lucy looked to her right and saw Matt coming towards her with a fixed smile on his face; she wondered what he had been discussing with the pastor.

Guess we have to be going? So see you on Friday Beth. She bent down to put Michelle back in her car seat, totally missing the look that passed between Matt and Elizabeth.

Matt bent down to pick Michael up too, grateful that Lucy hadn't bothered to introduce them, wondering why too?

Together they walked towards the main door, each carrying a car seat, as they tucked the twins into the car, Lucy said to Matt I can't wait to have lunch I'm really hungry, widening her eyes for emphasis as she said so, thereby answering Matt's question of why he and Beth were not introduced for when Lucy was hungry, she barely thought straight, but he wouldn't let it go, later he would still ask her how she knew Beth, and when he eventually saw Beth he was going to 'be really upset with her'.

It Continues Still...

SOURCE:
http://gospelbreed.com/2016/09/mercy-said-no-episode-6/

Lalasticlala, fynestboi, seun, mynd44 smiley

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by stainless239(f): 9:45pm On Oct 17, 2016
Hmmm!!!!

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Nmaglit: 4:30am On Oct 18, 2016
I love this story
Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 1:14pm On Oct 18, 2016
Nmaglit:
I love this story

Am glad you do smiley
Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 1:20pm On Oct 18, 2016
Episode 7

The earlier joy and peace had been drained as a result of the events of the past few hours, he'd managed to make it past lunch without slipping up, and he'd done his share of watching the kids, while Lucy cooked. Once finished she served him his meal first, which he ate while he held on to Michelle feeding her slowly with the bottle. Lucy had to breast feed Michael first since he'd rejected the bottle, Michelle also was acting up with the bottle feed and it just wasn't fair that her brother had to go first but she was always a great spot about it, still Matt watched TV with her to keep her busy, while Lucy breast fed Michael.

Now he understood how she lost all the weight, breastfeeding and nursing two kids could do that to you. Michelle had her turn, and she was surprisingly hungrier than usual. Lucy realized she really had to start watching her daughter closely for she rarely gave away her emotions, it bothered her to think that she'd been so focused on giving Michael all the attention while his sister had been hungry the whole time, and had being quiet about it too, knowing that mummy would come around to her eventually.

Just thinking that almost made her tearful; she couldn't bear the thought of not being a good mother, favouring one kid over another! She was an only child like Matt too, and although it was lonely she knew how it felt having all the attention of her loving parents on her. Shaking her head she knew she had to work on her nurturing skills as a mother, these were destinies in her hands, one wrong move and it could have a catalytic effect on the future. Watching her daughter feed, she prayed earnestly in her heart for God to bless her with the wisdom to understand and raise this kids according to his will, she prayed fervently as if that was all that mattered, she cried to God in her heart begging for help with His children and she believed He heard her cry and answered her prayer.

Matt drove down to the church, admiring the signs that indicated that the town was really gearing up for the Christmas season, even though it was just November, Union Street the main city centre was already ablaze with wonderful Christmas lights depicting images of Santa Claus and his train of elves, if only this townspeople would pay much attention to God as they did to celebrating a season, they had practically zero understanding about.

IT CONTINUES STILL.....
Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 2:13pm On Oct 18, 2016
CONTD...

It was just another holiday as far as they were concerned, but who was he to judge, considering his current actions, in the eyes of God he was just on the same level with them. He had to stop this thing with Beth, the fact that she dared to come close his family in spite of his warnings to her that they keep this thing out his personal life and most especially the church, spoke volumes about this dangerous relationship. The following year he vowed was going to be a spotless one in terms of his fidelity, 2003 was a going to be a good year he vowed.

Driving to church took longer now since they'd moved to Stone haven when they'd found out they were going to be having kids, it wasn't planned at all, but they had to adjust. Based on the doctor's calculations she had conceived during their wedding night, sometimes he wondered if he wouldn't have crossed the line if Lucy hadn't gotten pregnant, or very sick during the first few weeks making it difficult for them to be together, or even after wards when she'd gotten better and they'd realized they were pregnant, he'd felt very awkward making love to his wife.

Even though their doctor had explained to him how safe it was and gave him a few tips position wise, which he'd managed to listen to without going red in the face! He still couldn't adjust his thinking, and Lucy in the end had understood deciding that they would wait till he was comfortable, then he'd grabbed the chance to go off shore for about 20 weeks. He tried to call regularly to ease the guilt of leaving her alone and of the affair he had by that time started.

Pouring his heart to his friend, he spoke of how it had started with Beth. Back at the main office in Aberdeen, he'd realized he was attracted to her, while he was still engaged to Lucy, and she on the other had had no scruples about his engagement, and constantly showed him the green light, in words, looks, and her whole body language, which was enough to drive any man crazy especially he who was struggling with his relationship with God. He'd let her know in many ways and words that he wasn't available, brought Lucy's pictures and of both of them together looking happy to his office desk setting it in an angle that could not be missed by anyone.

He'd let it known to her in their conversations that he was a Christian and premarital sex was considered a sin. But he had to admit, he wasn't really as convincing as he should have been, he could have avoided all contact with her like applying for a role outside his department. There were always in-house vacancies available, but he didn't think all these then, for Beth was truly an attractive woman, and a surprisingly decent person, she'd felt so bad when things eventually happened between them, crying constantly about how she respected marriage and how she didn't want to be the other woman but that she just couldn't help her feelings for him.

IT CONTINUES STILL......
Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 2:43pm On Oct 18, 2016
CONTD....

All the while Ibi listened, urging him to keep talking, giving nothing away. Matt continued talking, 'during the dry spell he'd developed in his sex life, he'd really missed being with his wife, constantly wishing he could work on getting past the awkwardness of harming the baby and of Lucy's bumpy and ever growing stomach in bed with them. He'd gone off shore on an emergency at one of the drilling sites and realized that he and Beth were the only engineers scheduled to be on duty throughout the period. He'd realized later on that instead of 12 weeks he would have to be there longer than expected so as to constantly monitor things before somebody else came to take over from him, his boss pleaded with him. He realized he would have to muster enough control to last him throughout with Beth being around him all the time.

After the first 4 weeks, one night he'd started work on Friday morning only to realize that Beth hadn't been on duty throughout the night shift, checking with his co-workers, he was relieved to hear that nothing had gone wrong. Angry at her for not even having the decency to notify him of her absence so he could cover for her he stalked off to her room. Knocking on the door, he heard her ask who it was, he answered and she told him to come in, he walked in to find her still in bed, making an effort to put some space between them, he questioned her briskly about why she hadn't showed up for her shift, while trying to put out images in his head of how she looked under those covers out of his head.

She sounded surprised at his question and she told him, telling him that she'd called Tony one of their colleagues and asked him to cover for her and also notify him, which obviously he didn't do.

Well I wasn't called during the night at all. He replied sheepishly

Have you seen him this morning? She asked

No I haven't. He admitted feeling all the anger draw out of him, he was in the habit of showing up an hour early before his shift, which meant if he'd showed up on his starting time he might have seen Tony leaving and got the message.

So what's wrong with you? He asked

Instead of answering she'd gotten out of bed without even asking him to turn around, wearing just her briefs and her bra, apologized for her state, grabbed her jeans and top and stalked off to the bathroom. Keeping him waiting she had a quick shower which was obviously too quick because in her hurriedness she hadn't bothered to properly dry up , instead she came out with her top clinging all over her and it was obvious to Matt she wasn't wearing a bra. Then she apologized for keeping him waiting and explained that she'd had a terrible migraine and decided it was best to stay in bed rather than for her to show up all grumpy and in a bad mood, which wouldn't do well for team spirit. She'd planned to check in on them every hour and in case of a no show she had asked Tony to cover for her as a precaution if she felt too dizzy from the cold and flu medicine she took, and that was the whole story.

She was tidying up her room while she spoke and all he found himself thinking was the angles and curves of her body as she moved about the room. Turning to face him she raised both her hands to pull her wet black hair into a pony tail giving him the full size view of her boobs practically bursting through the seams of her top and that was when he lost it.

He remembered walking up to her and kissing her, and grabbing her all over at once and she doing the same, and it was as if time stood still until eventually he backed off, realizing what he'd done. Apologizing to her he practically ran out of the door leaving behind his things. Barely making it back to work, he tried to concentrate but couldn't , playing everything all in his head over and over, from the supple lightness of her moves, to the pleasure of the kiss, to the guilt of breaking his vows, and back again to the start.

IT CONTINUES STILL....

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 3:25pm On Oct 18, 2016
CONTD....

Each time he got to the end he thought of Lucy, loyal, faithful and understanding, and he would crumble inside all over again. Thinking of God was just too much for him, he felt as if he would crumble under the burden of guilt that enveloped him. Then he found himself rationalizing and justifying what happened, it was just a kiss, and that was all it was. Lucy didn't have to know, and God would forgive him. He kept telling himself over and over, it was just a kiss!

That night he'd finished his shift, and gone to bed, feeling a bit okay. He'd even managed to act like nothing happened when Beth came in for her shift just as he finished for the day. Grabbing a quick dinner he'd gone up to his room determined to spend more time than usual talking to Lucy.

After about an hour of talking, she felt sleepy, then they said goodbye and clicked off. Feeling sleepy also, he drifted off. There was a knock on the door he woke startled thinking he imagined it, and then he heard it again. Jumping off, he turned on the lights and without thinking flung open the door. And there she was standing there, carrying his work bag.

Did I wake you up? She asked

No! Not really. He said feigning indifference even though he was panicky inside

She then explained to him that she just came to drop his bag and she really had to get back to work. Handing the bag to him

He made to take it, but grabbed her hand instead. It's funny now that he thought about it but that one touch was all it took to trigger the long ticking time bomb that had been set to detonate years ago.

IT CONTINUES STILL.....

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 3:39pm On Oct 18, 2016
CONTD....

So what happened afterwards? Ibi asked, fighting the compulsive need he felt, to box Matt between his ears. But the situation didn't demand that yet! The man wanted to talk and he would let him, they were friends. He'd been married for 14 years, and as a pastor and a counselor he could confidently say he'd heard it all. So he allowed him to continue.

Matt continued refusing to look his friend in the eye, if you meant that night, Yes! we did it, and not just once, every other night we managed to sneak in between shifts to be together, that was how the whole 6 months we were together was spent. I thought it would end once we got back, but it's like one part of me feels married to Lucy and I play that part so well, giving nothing away, and then when I'm away from her, I'm this other person constantly looking forward to the house call I'm going to make at Beth's before I go home to my family.

What about at work? Ibi asked sitting back

At work, we are strictly professional, it's important to both of us to keep things outside work, especially with me being a self proclaimed Christian and all. But something happened today in church that shook me.

What happened? Ibi asked

After I spoke to you, I turned to go back to Lucy, and right there speaking with her was Beth, apparently Lucy does her hair.

Wait a minute, the pastor asked shocked, you mean Beth attends this church?

Sometimes she comes now and then because I have always tried to invite my colleagues to work but I don't know for a fact that she's a regular member, besides I'm really not happy with her right now, argh! He exclaimed holding his heads in his hands.

So let me get this straight, Ibi continued you and Lucy have been married for almost two years and three months, August this year making it two, and few months in your marriage your wife got pregnant, four months into the pregnancy you had to go off-shore and there you started an affair with a woman who was out to get you from the moment she set her eyes on you, before you were married?

Matt tried to talk, now that you put it that way it sounds like it was planned and manipulative but No! You've got it wrong; Beth is not that kind of person.

Ibi raised his hand to stop him and went on analyzing the facts as they were. Believe what you want to believe Matt, but let me finish. The twins are a year and a half old, which means that not only did you miss your first Christmas together as a couple, you missed the birth of your only children, if what Lucy says is true about you guys not wanting more kids.

You've been having an affair for the past 19 months of your marriage, so out of the 24 months of your married life, you've only been faithful to Lucy literally for about 5 months! Literarily because you entered that marriage with a desire for another woman in your loins, and as far as I'm concerned you were never faithful to Lucy, because the Bible teaches that if man lust at a woman in his heart, he might as well have committed the sin. Ibi stated

Ibi continued, Hm! I know I've asked you before but I still need to be sure. Matt, did you and Lucy ever have sex before you got married?

What! Mat exclaimed Of course not Lucy would never have allowed me get that far not even once, I didn't realize she was a virgin until our wedding night, she never told me.

IT CONTINUES STILL...

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 4:01pm On Oct 18, 2016
Make una come read oh

Onemansquad Psalmology Lildrizzle Bluestarry macpetrus. Uthman51 stuff46 seunviju kceemart kingsley18 nceedaga therealbabe Costlybabe prettydiva89 Rounakid IdyRaph kingphilip Otupeluv heemah will007 aprilwise demmy66 KOLITE93 missfaviy 1sikiru1 MhizTemmie Missmossy lovingangel Mimikathy JulietAKK faithomoh24 cheskabiney Sirfrederick labaski Harmonyemerald ayodijex Fembleez1 MissMalia mismore .
Omotayelolu Sanmix2007 kenoz shoyemiayodeji
boladegreat shegs2009 ixora3 Kruzilano Tholuwani michaelmo11 Noela12 hadease sherryshitt lhateaphart21 MsKaffy Feyikemi12 Maryofficial Tuljaking underage nceedaga abbiey Queening missuniverse EllaGold35 Orlolahdey Klare fam24 loshybab clemz88 qhutetomsel jaymomma nimat158 tizblink sheyflixy1 Israel23 lilbethlars merasnipes
deslim Lobolintin bumsiee teelord1 ngona Chivee latbas rotluv famora d4real890 soniachuks
Niwdog amyvals SweetyZinta niffy102 Ormorlehwah Frankzamani OlufemiWhit ChyEndowed jeremie97 bamgbalaot leosmaria Chimdim silverx teeman10 awesomebabe sbyna omobola200 ArrowAssassin Preeteeshir GATED IamYhudii adeh39 chinedumo adeodunsimilolu akugbemike Aipete2 Hicea1 Ashiat39 rollex4ever ritzeluv slimport Uthman2senior mercydaniel loveyP tizblink Felinize folake25 princessadeola girly2020 umahi69 BlizzydoDo Dahprech Dahprech SPDAZZY Shoelace1 mimicious gunners160 Rajosh Fumzybabe Brozo1 will007 Coolfaze Omoalhaja7 Ronke001 Slingkey FIDELITY24
chiboyo rhoseti1 totalhouse adefunke62 temilade20
jecigold happinessa517 pweetyoge donziller gabrisunate emtebe blossomic fabulousbrainzz Holuwadharah Executiveti loshybab GiftedAgwu juliejames sodson11 Angelina996 Mj45 Airies Yungdamsel folalek Godwinfriz kemmyp michaelmo11 Damzy997 MrKIDO raffyreuz Damiewonder uniqueflash oluwasolajames PEZMAN Upnepaa GodWisdom Ashraf123 Itzemmyzone Kakabliss Pukka36 meekmiki6.

tongue tongue tongue
Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 4:05pm On Oct 18, 2016
CONTD....

Ibi's eyes widened at Matt's revelation, not because of Lucy's sexual inexperience but because she hadn't felt comfortable enough to tell him and even then most men would have guessed or broached the subject with the espoused at some point, besides any woman would be eager to share that sort of news with her husband to be, and Matt not been aware at all on any level, bothered Ibi greatly. It revealed that there was never the required level of openness and oneness that was to be expected in engaged couples at that stage, and he their marriage counselor had failed to notice it.

Also as a Pastor he felt bothered by this revelation, because it meant that there was a possibility that Matt did not really know his wife and neither did Lucy, and as he and his wife had been in charge of their marriage counseling he felt largely responsible for Matt's actions. Speaking up in an anguished voice he continued 'Matt I discussed this issue with you and Lucy at the marriage counseling, I particularly called you aside as a friend to further explain the vows of marriage to you and how divorce was not an option, why didn't you confide in me about this then? I actually sensed something in you which was why I called you aside, I wasn't sure what it was,but now I wish I had probed further.

Matt looked anguished too, the words of his friend piercing through him like a whip, he knew this was what he needed to stop, somebody to tell him the truth as it was, without mincing words, but his friend feeling guilty on his behalf now that felt worse.

If Beth set out to seduce him from the start, well she won! Because he never really had a chance did he? He felt like a fool, he felt used, he felt guilty. Looking at his friend, he asked meekly what can I do Ibi? I want to stop; I want to save my marriage. Please?

Ibi nodded understandingly and said first let us pray? Holding hands he prayed for God's mercy to be upon Matt, asking for Him to forgive him and cleanse him with the precious blood of Jesus. He committed the marriage into His hands, asking God to take control over the couples' relationship with each other, that He should surround them with His Love and give them the grace to make it through this trying time.

Matt felt the peace of God overwhelm him as he said Amen.

Then Ibi looked up and told him in a serious tone 'Matt you have to tell Lucy.'

On hearing that, Matt started to shake his head. No! No!

Ibi spoke earnestly 'Listen you cannot afford not to tell your wife, marriage is all about pureness and honesty. Remember Adam and his wife stood naked before one another and they were not ashamed. You cannot have a Christian marriage without total openness. For God to dwell in your home as the Head and Foundation there has to be purity. His Spirit cannot dwell where there isn't any of these factors, remember the bible says if we hide iniquity in our hearts, God cannot see us.

I believe Lucy has been quite prayerful and closer to God through these times, that's why your home has not been totally destroyed by this act, but how long can that grace endure? May be forever I'm not God, besides His ways are not our ways neither are His thoughts. But I advise you as your friend and your spiritual Leader as you are my responsibility, and God is going to ask me to account for your soul when we get to heaven, so listen to me'. Ibi demanded

'Go to your wife and confess to her, it's not going to be easy I understand, but in the long run it would be worth it, because you will truly be able to overcome and end that adulterous relationship with Beth. And Beth will keep her claws off you once she knows your wife is aware, and that will be an indication to her that you intend to keep your marriage and not break it apart like you've been doing, it's all about what kind of message you pass across Matt, you are not the first man to get tempted and you would not be the last, but what makes one victorious is due to a direct effect of the things you consciously surround yourself with, your foundation in God, your marriage etc and above all the grace of God to flee. When Beth sees this, she would back off and I know she might want to try a few attempts to break your resolve but with your wife's support and your love stronger, she will back off eventually.

You can further strengthen your resolve by working on getting that transfer out of your department like you suggested earlier, do anything to stay away from her and don't see it as acting cowardly, because the bible did not instruct us to fight, it said Flee from all appearances of evil and that was where you made the mistake Matt. Ibi pointed out

Go home and talk to your wife, you've done the right thing first, you've confessed to God and asked for his forgiveness, now He has made your burden lighter, He has taken it over by bearing it for you, so go now and talk to Lucy tonight, don't leave it any longer, the longer you delay, the weaker your resolve and the bigger the chance of the devil taking advantage.

Also if I may point out, I sense that the closeness between you and Lucy is not as deep as it appears on the surface, Matt nodded in agreement. Ibi noted this, glad to know he was right all along, he then suggested to Matt, focus on your wife, try to know her as a person and let her try to know you as a person, rediscover yourselves all over again, you've got the rest of your lives to be together, remember that and start enjoying the time you have from now on.'

Ask Lucy to call me tomorrow and the both of you can come and see me at the Church on Wednesday at 6pm, you can drop the kids off with Abby, I will let her know you are coming and that's all I will be telling her. Ibi emphasized.

Understandingly Matt nodded allowing the impact of Ibi's words to sink in, knowing every single word he spoke was true.

As for Beth, Ibi continued, I will speak to her in church, I think I recognize her, she's one of the new members that come in now and then but just to be sure I will confirm her identity with the church records. What's her surname?

Morgan. Elizabeth Morgan Matt replied finally speaking up 'thanks pastor I will speak to my wife tonight I just hope she forgives me, and I will let Beth know tomorrow at work that it's over.'

That's a good plan Ibi answered, 'don't worry about Lucy's reaction for now, focus on doing your part, the road to recovery is fraught with pain so focus on the healing and welcome the pain that is going to come hm! It's only for a while but it will make you stronger! Call me every day from now on anytime you feel these urges to think about Beth, or you're worried, sad or just anything at all just call me. I'm a phone call away' Let us pray. Praying once again Ibi committed the plan to God's hands and asked Him to see it to the end.

Amen. Matt answered.

Later that night Beth glanced briefly at the window while she watched weekend TV, instantly she glanced back again surprised as she saw Matt come out of his Jag which he packed by the side road, wearing a forlorn expression. She knew there and then that something wasn't right; they hadn't planned on seeing tonight, so why was he here? Her mind desperately searched for missing signals from the last time they'd met, her actions this afternoon sprang back to mind, oh! This does not feel good she said to herself. Quickly a plan formed in her mind one she knew had never failed her, whatever Matt was coming up to do, she Elizabeth Morgan had no intention of accepting it.

It Continues.... (Please Leave a Comment behind)

Source:: http://gospelbreed.com/2016/09/mercy-said-no-episode-7/

2 Likes

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 10:53am On Oct 19, 2016
Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 5:41pm On Oct 19, 2016
Anyone following still
Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by stainless239(f): 7:43pm On Oct 19, 2016
yea!!!!......

kontinue

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by damsel14(f): 9:29pm On Oct 19, 2016
Yh m following
Would ve commented since but can't log in
Continue pls hope m forgiven cry

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 8:48am On Oct 20, 2016
damsel14:
Yh m following
Would ve commented since but can't log in
Continue pls hope m forgiven cry

Just what I needed grin..Thanks for the encouragement
Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 8:49am On Oct 20, 2016
stainless239:
yea!!!!......

kontinue

Thanks dear smiley
Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 10:17am On Oct 20, 2016
Episode 8

FOUR MONTHS LATER....

Ibi sighed again frustrated as the call he was making rang on and on till it went to voicemail, the receiver refusing to pick up. It was Matt and ever since that day, he'd refused to make contact with him. As a Pastor, Ibi was scared, scared for one of his flock who he'd married with the wrong assumptions, he couldn't believe he ignored the signs that were so out there for him to see, he'd allowed his friendship to blindside his spiritual responsibility, and now he felt responsible.

Constantly asking God for mercy to right this wrong he'd allowed under his authority, the sad part was, he had no one to talk to about it. Meanwhile Abby and Lucy had met and compared notes and now it was obvious to them that his relationship with Matt was getting estranged. Matt refusing to pick up his calls or call him back even when Lucy delivered his messages.

A part of him wanted to make excuses for his friend, maybe he was too busy with work and with Lucy, but there was this constant awareness in him that told him what Matt was really up to.

Abba Father have mercy of him, please for the sake of Lucy and the twins Lord have mercy and restore this marriage back on the right foundation. Which is You.

Ibi never realized how pained he was until the tears stared to spill, God please give me a chance to make it right, he cried. Make a way for me Lord, help me please to set this son of yours back on track.

IT CONTINUES.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 10:46am On Oct 20, 2016
CONTD.....

Matt finished work at 6.00pm, and walked towards his car with Beth right behind him. They looked like two innocent people having a conversation. They stopped by his Jag to make evening plans and just then Matt heard Ibi call his name.

He turned and saw his friend walking towards him, he felt cornered not sure of what to really do.

Hi Matt, Hi Beth, Ibi greeted following his spirit's revelation regarding the woman next to Matt.

Beth greeted recognizing Ibi from the Church, which she hadn't attended in a while upon Matt's insistence.

Matt stood there, unsure of what to say knowing he'd been caught, deciding to go on the offensive, he spoke gruffly to Ibi

Ibi what are you doing here? He demanded

Ibi smiled, not surprised at his friend's reaction, it was his usual tactic to launch and offence once he felt cornered.

I came to see for myself what steps you've taken since we last spoke Ibi stated

Ibi I don't know what to say to you except this is not what it looks like really, Beth and I are in love Matt declared

What? Ibi asked

Yes! We are in love. Beth confirmed happily.

IT CONTINUES STILL...

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 10:49am On Oct 20, 2016
CONTD....

Ibi raised his voice suddenly angry Matt are out of your senses, what about Lucy and the twins, aren't you even scared of God's judgment. What is wrong with you Matt, open your eyes this is not you. Ibi spoke frustrated

Matt told Beth to excuse them and after she'd gone far ahead out of hearing range, he smiled defiantly at his pastor and said, Ibi if loving Beth is wrong then I don't want to be right, I'm through with your God and I have no further business with him, this is my life I ask politely that you butt out and mind your own business hm!

Mind my own business or what Matt, even if you want to avoid God you can't avoid me forever, our families are connected and even you know that you can't tear that kind of bond apart without giving a reason to your wife. What do you want to tell Lucy hm!? Ibi asked amused

A vein threatened to pop out from Matt's neck as Ibi's words sank through him. Look Pastor I thank you for your concern and everything but I promise a lawsuit that will drag from now till kingdom if you tell my wife what I haven't asked you to. Mind your business do you hear me, He shouted. Butt out this does not concern you Ibi, go and follow after your other flock and leave me alone to live my life the way I please.

Matt it doesn't have to be this way, we can still be friends I'm always here for you, you know that. The church is there for you to come in to, don't shut out everything you've known all your life because of this woman, please. Ibi pleaded

That's the whole point Ibi, everything that I've believed rejects the whole idea of what I have with Beth, and I can't be a part of that world any longer. Matt said matter of fact

Okay, okay I will try to understand that, but what about your family; surely you don't think you can get away with this for that long Ibi said

I can and I will so mind your business and leave me alone you old gizzard. Matt shouted at Ibi, as he entered his car and drove off leaving his shocked friend behind.

Ibi went home that day, more determined than ever not to leave the issue alone, this had become his business and he would see to it that something went right for Lucy for once. Getting on his knees he prayed for the Peters family asking God and his angels to guide and protect them from all plans of the enemy to wreck what he had blessed in heaven.

Amazingly he never knew he would have to pray this prayer diligently for years before a miracle would happen.

IT CONTINUES STILL.....PLEASE HANG ON wink

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 11:07am On Oct 20, 2016
CONTD....

FOUR YEARS LATER...

Oh! Matt, the woman moaned you're the best. That was great, giving him a kiss, she ran into the shower. She was due to return back to work few hours ago. Smiling at her reflection in the mirror, she was pleased to see the years have been good to her, at age 30 she still had a great body. She Elizabeth Morgan had it all, she had her career, her own house, her own money safely tucked away in the bank and grounded in lucrative investments. Not only that she could have any man she wanted without the strings, she wanted something that she could have whenever she wanted no demands attached, and that was where Matt came in.

He was a great catch she would admit and she was never going to let go, until she was ready to seal the deal forever, then all she had to do was turn on those water taps, apply the pressure in every way and get him to divorce his wife. She knew she could do that, she had him safely wrapped around her hands, and yes! It sounded strange but she loved him, really! That's why she couldn't let him go not even to that pathetic wife of his who she still allowed to make her hair however expensive, Lucy had one of the best hair salons in town and she Elizabeth paid big bucks to have Lucy make her look beautiful for her husband! Beth laughed aloud at the irony of it, She curled her hair in her hands remembering her last appointment, for her own satisfaction she always insisted on Lucy doing her hair even though the other stylist could equally do the job...

Hi there Lucy called; you're back in town again.

Yeah! She replied airily. Not wanting to give more details about her job as always.

So what do you want to do with your hair today? Lucy asked going through Beth's hair and removing extensions. Wow! You've really had a rough time with this one all the curls are out.

Laughing at the irony of it, Beth replied what can I say? My boyfriend is a very naughty boy.

Getting the message, Lucy smiled and changed the subject briskly; she hated it when women gave too much detail about their sex life. She just wanted to make small talk for God sakes, and this client in particular was always too eager to tell it all, and sometimes it felt like she was being mocked. But nobody knew how chaste her sex life had been for the past six years. How could they, she played the perfect charming wife.

Beth quickly answered Lucy's question regarding her hair style, responding to the change in her tone, knowing that she'd hit a nerve once again for Lucy wasn't getting any at home, she would know because she kept her husband so busy, that when he got home he was too tired to do anything but sleep! Laughing at the memory she jumped into the shower. Women like Lucy were good for one thing only no two and that was breeding and being good faithful housewives, they should leave the business of handling their men to women like her.

IT CONTINUES STILL....

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 12:06pm On Oct 20, 2016
CONTD....

Matt rolled on his back, listening to Beth's shower running. Knowing her she'd probably take longer than expected, she loved having long showers and sometimes he got so frustrated waiting for her to come out that he ended up jumping in with her and taking it to another level as a result. But he wasn't going to give in today all he wanted was to stay in bed and just sleep. This time around they were in Europe far away from Lucy and the kids, away from Ibi and most especially from God.

At that he grimaced, he no longer felt guilty any longer, he'd soon accepted the facts as they were and that was that. He was a married man having an affair with not just any woman, but with one he believed he was in love with and who loved him back. Did that mean he didn't love his wife, not at all, he did, or maybe he once did?

When she was his queen and he was her knight in shining armour, when he courted her dutifully and treated her with the respect a woman like her deserved. When he looked forward to making her his, and spending days and nights just thinking of her over and over again. He'd loved the anticipation and expectation, the way he'd felt when he looked forward to their wedding night. The nights after that night were special to him and he would always treasure them.

But then she had to go and ruin it by getting pregnant, and that was when things changed. He grew bored being with her and he stopped caring, he lost the desire to be around her, making every legitimate excuse he could to be a way from the image of perfection Lucy was turning into. The worse he became, the more perfect she acted, smiling and loving him giving nothing away, and she prayed, always prayed, too much, making him feel like a sinner.

Even his children behaved different around him, they used to be excited to see him, when they were younger but now even though they were still quite young they acted almost older. They looked through him, especially his daughter she was just like her mother, quiet and watchful. His son Michael would run to greet him always but his daughter Michelle, she would stand there waiting for him to come to her and only then would she smile and give him a kiss on the cheek. One time when she pecked him he swore she said Bad Daddy! When he turned to look at her she just smiled at him innocently.

He felt guilty knowing he was missing a huge part of their lives, but he was providing for them and that had to count for something right? Sometimes he felt sorry for himself. Deep down in his heart when all chips were down and his demeanor sober, when he really felt alone and by himself, he regretted it all, he wished he'd listened to what his friend Ibi had told him that day. The peace he'd felt that day was so overwhelming that he was ready to go home and confess everything to Lucy. He'd thanked Ibi and dashed out of the church into his jag as he drove back home, he started to rehearse the words he was going to say, he had it all planned. He would pick up his mum at his parents' place to come and stay with the kids, he would pick her up at home and take to a neutral place where she could think rationally probably the Skene House hotel.

IT CONTINUES STILL.....

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 12:16pm On Oct 20, 2016
Contd....

He hoped they had a room at such short notice, he wasn't even bothered about the cost, all he wanted was to save his marriage, all he wanted was to take her to a place where she had no choice but to listen him and most importantly where there were no sharp objects! He'd never see his wife angry before but he'd seen her upset, in fact for some reason he would never understand she never got angry with him visibly, she held it in and smiled through it all very stubborn about it.

The only memory he had of her being visibly upset was that day at church when she was with Logan, again he wondered what that guy did to upset her, for she never really told him till date their relationship had faded into the background till he left for the states and he never really knew why, he'd thought she would but she never did remembering they'd had a fight at the Pizza Hut that day, which must have been the reason why she forgot to tell him.

Well that fateful night, he'd meant to drive back home, but for some reason, he felt it would be better if he first went to see Beth and explain to her rationally why they couldn't see each other again then he could go home on a clean slate. He felt she deserved that after all she wasn't some bimbo he'd picked off the streets, she was a decent person who'd fallen innocently into this web with him and she deserved to be treated as such, less he incurred more than her love remembering the proverb about the woman scorned... So he drove to her house on king street, composing himself he'd meant to press the buzzer so she could let him in or even come out to see him but a neighbor was coming in so he came in with him instead. He knocked on the door as she lived on the ground floor.

He heard her come up to the door and peep through the peep hole then realizing who it was she hastily opened the door, asking him everything was okay, she was fully clothed this time around he'd noticed finding himself being quickly ushered in to the flat. He turned around and bumped into her embrace, she held tightly comforting and soothing him, thinking something was bothering him since they weren't planning to see that night, he found himself holding her back with much gusto too, inhaling her sweet body scent, he remembered she'd smelled fruity and he'd narrowed it down to strawberry, but he'd later found out it was passion fruit. She pulled back and kissed him slowly almost as if she knew he needed to be convinced about something then she looked up into his eyes and told him she loved him, shocked he looked back at her finding himself at loss for words. She continued

'Yes! I've been in love with you for a while now matt, I know what you're thinking but if you'll just listen to me first. Stepping back she brought him into the living room and made him sit down, kneeling down in front him she confessed her love for him in the most erotic manner that ever was, she said things he never thought he'd heard, how he made her feel, how she could make him feel, she told him she didn't want him to leave his wife that he could stay with her for as long as he wanted, even forever!, but he shouldn't cut her out of his life, she told she would play it his way, and wouldn't tell a soul it would be their secret. By now she was crying softly.

He listened watching the tears slipping down her face baring her heart to him and gradually he felt his resolve slip away, and along with it every guilty feeling he'd associated to being with her, he took them all and threw them out of the window. He started to process Beth's line of reasoning finding himself warming up to it what was so wrong with loving another woman? People did it all the time in between juggling their home life and work life, He thought of his friend and knew he would never be comfortable around him again let alone even in church knowing what he'd told him and instantly regretting it. He decided he would avoid Ibi and his God from now on.

Pulling Beth up he kissed her passionately, telling her he loved her too, knowing it had to be true, it must be, he would never had broken his vows for any other reason. They kissed each other for a while, professing their love for each other then he carried her in his arms moved to her room, and there he laid her on the bed and turned off the lights.

The shower had stopped which meant Beth had finished, he pretended to be asleep knowing what she would do when she came in. As predicted she came into the room, seeing matt was asleep knew he was pretending for he never could abide noise, another reason why he never stayed at home.

Tiptoeing to his side of the bed, he was already smiling unknown to him, and as she reached down to tickle him, he laughed knowing what she was about to do, but that didn't stop her anyway she tickled him over and over and she didn't stop until she saw that look in his eyes that told her he was in the mood for something else.

To Be Continued....

Source:
http://gospelbreed.com/2016/09/mercy-said-no-episode-8/

CC: Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by evemeshma(f): 3:53pm On Oct 20, 2016
Amaizing story, kudos to d author.

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by stainless239(f): 8:11am On Oct 21, 2016
Na wa ooooooo!!!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Blind Love / Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter / Love In A Circle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 268
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.