Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,518 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:58 PM

No Regrets Writing Petition Against Aregbesola – Osun Judge - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Regrets Writing Petition Against Aregbesola – Osun Judge (10604 Views)

Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi / 15 Communities Protest Against Aregbesola Over 'illegal' Land Acquisition(pics) / No Regrets Writing Petition Against Aregbesola – Osun Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Regrets Writing Petition Against Aregbesola – Osun Judge by Kswiss001(m): 6:11pm On Oct 10, 2016
A former judge of the Osun State High Court, who was recently retired by the National Judicial Council, Justice Olamide Oloyede, has said she has no regrets writing the petition against Governor Rauf Aregbesola and his deputy, Mrs. Titi Laoye-Tomori.

The retired judge said this while featuring on a radio programme, Frank Talk, aired by Rave FM and monitored by our correspondent in Osogbo on Monday.

Oloyede, however, apologised to the governor and the deputy for using certain words which she ought not to have used in the petition but stressed that she was convinced beyond doubt that she did no wrong by writing the petition where she asked the members of the House of Assembly to impeach Aregbesola and Laoye-Tomori.

She explained that she had no animosity against the governor, adding that she did not violate any section of the constitution for talking about the issues affecting the people of the state.

Oloyede said, ” I have no regrets writingthat petition, but I think in retrospect I have come to realise that perhaps, I didemploy some words or language in respect of Mr. Governor and his deputy, which I ought not to have and so, today I am tendering an unreserved apology, public apology for the choice of certain words which I would not repeat.

“However, as far as the substance of that petition is concerned, I remain resolute and I am convinced that my actions were done in fidelity to my office and to the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigerian , which I swore to uphold and out of love for my country.

“As we say in law, the fact speaks for itself and as I said earlier, the petition speaks for itself. I would rather not go over the content of the petition, which I believe is in the public’s possession. My reason for writing is clearly stated there. I am a person known for my own conviction and the only regret I have, I have said it, every other thing I said I meant it word for word.

”She stated that some believed that the judiciary should only be seen and not heard even if the country was collapsing, but Oloyode said she did not belong to this class of people.

http://punchng.com/no-regret-writing-petition-aregbesola-judge-sacked-njc-says/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Regrets Writing Petition Against Aregbesola – Osun Judge by LORDOFAFONJAS: 6:13pm On Oct 10, 2016
Would come back to edit when buhari kicks bucket soonest

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Regrets Writing Petition Against Aregbesola – Osun Judge by dunkem21(m): 6:14pm On Oct 10, 2016
You no go keep kwayet na .. dem go arrest you join o lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: No Regrets Writing Petition Against Aregbesola – Osun Judge by funnynation(m): 6:20pm On Oct 10, 2016
I think less about Nigeria politics..

Jokes loading...........
*Nairaland official comedian*
Re: No Regrets Writing Petition Against Aregbesola – Osun Judge by agabusta: 6:38pm On Oct 10, 2016
I come dey pity the woman sha. Wailers beware oh. It is the NJC that recommended her retirement.

It is not Buhari oh! Because I know the dull wailers will soon flood this place screaming Buhari is a dictator.

Your darling NJC that you have been advocating for, are the ones that disciplined the woman.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Regrets Writing Petition Against Aregbesola – Osun Judge by bayelsaowei(m): 6:45pm On Oct 10, 2016
dunkem21:
grin grin..you and keep kwayet these days....

Guy make the judge talk ooo....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Regrets Writing Petition Against Aregbesola – Osun Judge by kings09(m): 8:41am On Oct 11, 2016
Ok
Re: No Regrets Writing Petition Against Aregbesola – Osun Judge by Nobody: 8:42am On Oct 11, 2016
Go do the time if found guilly.
Re: No Regrets Writing Petition Against Aregbesola – Osun Judge by Toeyoursea(m): 8:43am On Oct 11, 2016
LORDOFAFONJAS:

Ti won ba mu eni, Ola lo ma mu.
100 years, e no go happen.

4 Likes

Re: No Regrets Writing Petition Against Aregbesola – Osun Judge by Exponental(m): 8:43am On Oct 11, 2016
Watching..... Judiciary will sit up now.

1 Like

Re: No Regrets Writing Petition Against Aregbesola – Osun Judge by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:43am On Oct 11, 2016
dunkem21:

grin grin
Re: No Regrets Writing Petition Against Aregbesola – Osun Judge by Lastborn12(m): 8:45am On Oct 11, 2016
O Y O because Afonjas will and most come after you for criticizing they APC man
Re: No Regrets Writing Petition Against Aregbesola – Osun Judge by shaddoww: 8:46am On Oct 11, 2016
She is rich already n are two daughters are doing fine, so she should enjoy her retirement in peace.
Re: No Regrets Writing Petition Against Aregbesola – Osun Judge by anonimi: 8:47am On Oct 11, 2016
Madam Judge, there should not be any regret for criticising the fridge repairer ruling ruining our people from Bola Ige House, Osogbo.
You did right and we hope & pray that others will be encouraged by your bold, courageous move to also speak out against TYRANTS.
Bravo!
Kudos!!
E go on soun, ma!!!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4263972_candidate168717520150430101652_jpeg5d095e7c3dfe8b5bf465a64450383689

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2042395_b7fvnpiiaabroh_jpeg81b2c4466e71003dbe03de8be0975de0

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Regrets Writing Petition Against Aregbesola – Osun Judge by richidinho(m): 8:47am On Oct 11, 2016
Na Osun people i dey pity

3 Likes

Re: No Regrets Writing Petition Against Aregbesola – Osun Judge by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 11, 2016
I don't reach DAT shii,,,,I don't care to knw either,,,,none of my biznezz

Re: No Regrets Writing Petition Against Aregbesola – Osun Judge by djWALE(m): 8:49am On Oct 11, 2016
Aregbesola..the slayer of osun..if we were to rewind the election,even a mad person wont vote u in..

1 Share

Re: No Regrets Writing Petition Against Aregbesola – Osun Judge by kingphilip(m): 8:50am On Oct 11, 2016
Well I never went through the said letter but I'm still surprised why the governor hasn't resigned yet for how he governed the state of osun

I shouldn't be surprised sha because this is Nigeria where even the most incompetent doesn't know the honorable thing to do

But the judge fine sha

1 Like

Re: No Regrets Writing Petition Against Aregbesola – Osun Judge by Young03(m): 8:51am On Oct 11, 2016
wats now her point

1 Like

Re: No Regrets Writing Petition Against Aregbesola – Osun Judge by saintkel(m): 8:52am On Oct 11, 2016
E don tey wey I hear Argbe name for news
Re: No Regrets Writing Petition Against Aregbesola – Osun Judge by MrAboki: 8:52am On Oct 11, 2016
O Wow!!
Re: No Regrets Writing Petition Against Aregbesola – Osun Judge by maasoap(m): 8:53am On Oct 11, 2016
LORDOFAFONJAS:
Many people may actually kick the bucket before Buhari's turn, you inclusive. Be careful what you wish for others.

1 Like

Re: No Regrets Writing Petition Against Aregbesola – Osun Judge by kyrios: 8:54am On Oct 11, 2016
I don't think as a judge you are allowed to write a petition against a sitting governor it's unprofessional

1 Like

Re: No Regrets Writing Petition Against Aregbesola – Osun Judge by anonimi: 8:54am On Oct 11, 2016
richidinho:

So tey no landlord want rent house give the workers owed so many months of salary. angry embarassed
The stomach infrastructure of odourless fufu don expire.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-phyaGgNy0Sk/U-DIUmiwLaI/AAAAAAABNqA/Oi4ky_esKd4/s1600/osun4.png[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2885358_img20150922174134_jpeg0fdff65c2baa2dc29d70b69a4da476f6

2 Likes

Re: No Regrets Writing Petition Against Aregbesola – Osun Judge by Mrdecent(m): 8:54am On Oct 11, 2016
That is the spirit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Regrets Writing Petition Against Aregbesola – Osun Judge by AngryNigerian(m): 8:56am On Oct 11, 2016
This is a rare breed...

1 Like

Re: No Regrets Writing Petition Against Aregbesola – Osun Judge by afla: 8:57am On Oct 11, 2016
NJC retired her for speaking the truth to aregbesola. But they ignored the mountains of corruption before them. The constitution has to be reviewed. NJC should not sit as judge in their own case. Eg CJN mahmud is the head of a very corrupt cabal in the supreme court yet he is supposed to preside over NJC to discipline erring judges, how is that possible?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Regrets Writing Petition Against Aregbesola – Osun Judge by anonimi: 8:57am On Oct 11, 2016
saintkel:
E don tey wey I hear Argbe name for news

He is tired of kicking the heads of our people around like football. embarassed angry undecided
His paparazzi propaganda expert, Eko Ile aka aresa, has also moved on to greener pastures.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2630622_cjlpxmiwsaap2su_png84e6ed0c16cc1a142bc93d7da71a34a9

anonimi:
[size=14pt]Aregbesola Owes salary to workers etc[/size]

1 Like

Re: No Regrets Writing Petition Against Aregbesola – Osun Judge by Aminat508(f): 8:58am On Oct 11, 2016
richidinho:
Lol
Re: No Regrets Writing Petition Against Aregbesola – Osun Judge by higherpower: 8:58am On Oct 11, 2016
This woman that used her position to snatch another woman' husband has no integrity. Who knows if what she is going through is as result of the cry of that poor woman n her children?
Re: No Regrets Writing Petition Against Aregbesola – Osun Judge by anonimi: 9:00am On Oct 11, 2016
AngryNigerian:
This is a rare breed...

Very rare!
There should be more of us speaking up like her!!
So our communities, towns, LGAs, states and country improve!!!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4160990_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Buhari Congratulates Victorious Super Eagles / 2019: First Term Governors Begin Moves For Re- Election Bids / FG To Earn $2bn From New Cash Call Policy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.