Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,140 members, 7,807,458 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:47 PM

Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr (19153 Views)

World Cup: Rohr Reacts As Okocha Criticizes 4-2-3-1 Formation / 2018 World Cup: Rohr Warns Girls Not To Visit Super Eagles Players / Enyeama Will Return If We Qualify For World Cup – Rohr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by Akinwerndey: 11:06am On Oct 11, 2016
Zceesneh:
onazi was everywhere in that match, his passings and his interceptions were brilliant, he was one of the reasons we won, watch the highlight in youtube if u didn't watch the match abegi
well aint got time to argue with you, but those wey sabi evaluate performance go agree with I point out...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by martineverest(m): 11:08am On Oct 11, 2016
daveP:
so 8 points from a possible 15 is now the target. no no no! I don't agree.

that's like saying win 2, draw 2 and lose 1

overall W D L
3 2 1

I guess that lose is for Algeria ba?

hmm
libya

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by proeast(m): 11:11am On Oct 11, 2016
cyril700:
Those 3 IPOB(iwobi,kelechi,mikel) will help us qualify so never to worry. Has anyone noticed that almost all football legends in nigeria are IPOB?
Biafra will be a power house in football.
Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by Nobody: 11:18am On Oct 11, 2016
I think Omeruo did an average job. The worst Nigerian player for me was Wilfred Ndidi. I guess he was often mistaken to be Kenneth Omeruo.
Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by Phi001(m): 11:20am On Oct 11, 2016
We need 2 wins and 4 draws to place second
We need 3 wins and 2 draws and 1 loss to place first.
Lemme predict the final points table.

Team GP W D L Points
1 Nigeria 6 3 2 1 11
2 Algeria 6 2 3 1 9
3 Cameroon 6 2 2 2 8
4 Zambia 6 1 1 4 4

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by Nobody: 11:25am On Oct 11, 2016
All we need to do is to win three straight matches coming up, that is from the game against Algeria and we'll be through to the mundial.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by robosky02(m): 11:28am On Oct 11, 2016
a good coach begins his permutations from the beginning

unlike before we wait at the end for somebody to lose for us to qualify

good one

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by seyoops4u: 11:28am On Oct 11, 2016
techinfong:
Quote me later when you get up to that 13

That's impossible,the highest in the group will be 9
lol... 9 points.
Maybe, you dont know, it's home and away. And it remains 5 matches ( 15 points ) for grab.
Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by Mysticluv(f): 11:32am On Oct 11, 2016
Please what's the time for the match? I can't afford 2 miss it
Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by Caseless: 11:51am On Oct 11, 2016
obawaleobaking:
I think we need 13 point to qualify. All we need is to win all our home game and draw one away game. Because if any team in our group win 4 out of remaining 5 game it will be difficult for us to qualify. But 3home win and a draw outside is enough for us to make to world Cup with our point now
when we have 11 points, no team can say it has won 4 games again in the group. All he's saying is , from 2 remaining away games, we need just 2 draws and win at least , 2 of our home games with one draw.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by sapientia1(m): 11:53am On Oct 11, 2016
Mysticluv:
Please what's the time for the match? I can't afford 2 miss it
Lol, there's no match for now until November. They recently played a match against Zambia.
Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by Nobody: 11:54am On Oct 11, 2016
techinfong:
Quote me later when you get up to that 13

That's impossible,the highest in the group will be 9

I don't agree that the highest would be 9 points. Home form will be the most important determinant. If Nigeria wins all her home games (which is quite tough, but very possible) we would be up to 12 points even if we lose away games to Algeria and Cameroon.

If Algeria also wins all her home games and beats Zambia away they would have 13 points. I am pretty sure either Algeria or Nigeria would have more than 9 points at the end of the day.
Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by Caseless: 11:55am On Oct 11, 2016
Phi001:
We need 2 wins and 4 draws to place second
We need 3 wins and 2 draws and 1 loss to place first.
Lemme predict the final points table.

Team GP W D L Points
1 Nigeria 6 3 2 1 11
2 Algeria 6 2 3 1 9
3 Cameroon 6 2 2 2 8
4 Zambia 6 1 1 4 4

nairaland did not help your post-it disorganized it and made it more confusing. But upon quoting you, I realized it's well laid out
Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by popsyleo1: 12:06pm On Oct 11, 2016
The coach is only saying that we need 11points more plus the 3points we got in Zambia making it a total of 14points to qualify Nigeria for the world cup.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by LaClickLaBend: 12:08pm On Oct 11, 2016
KingsCity:
11 Points may not be enough. He should target to win the three home matches and also pick at least 2 more away points. 14 points will guarantee qualification
sigh that's 11points do the maths again
Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by JUBILEE2000: 12:11pm On Oct 11, 2016
Akinwerndey:
If we want to qualify, Omerou and Elderson should be on the bench o.... Onazi should be dropped completely and John Ogu should pair mikel in the midfield.

Infact you took those words out of my mouth. Omeruo, Elderson, and the young man that played right full back on Sunday have no business in that team. We need to shop for good replacements for them from the local league or Europe asap. Watching Elderson in particular was a nightmare for me on Sunday. Again Brown Ideye needs to improve on his confidence level, i still prefer him over Ighalo. We need a good defensive midfielder that will be doing the "dirty" jobs behind Mikel but definitely not ONAZI.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by funnynation(m): 12:14pm On Oct 11, 2016
Franchise21:
Bhet, shey u know say u no dey funny at all grin
e go take amadioha grace to be funny at dis recession time..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by Akinwerndey: 12:18pm On Oct 11, 2016
JUBILEE2000:

Infact you took those words out of my mouth. Omeruo, Elderson, and the young man that played right full back on Sunday have no business in that team. We need to shop for good replacements for them from the local league or Europe asap. Watching Elderson in particular was a nightmare for me on Sunday. Again Brown Ideye needs to improve on his confidence level, i still prefer him over Ighalo. We need a good defensive midfielder that will be doing the "dirty" jobs behind Mikel but definitely not ONAZI.
thank God you could see what I saw too... Someone was just arguing blindly with me on this same thread... Kudos man!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by P0intBlank(m): 12:28pm On Oct 11, 2016
jerrythafinisher:
I don't think 11 point can guarantee a world cup ticket, what if any team in group wins all their remaining matches? I think a minimum of 13 point is good to go.
If we were to get 11 points, the only team that could amass 15pts would be Zambia. Which is very unlikely. That would mean Zambia beating Algeria and Cameroon Home and Away.
Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by P0intBlank(m): 12:32pm On Oct 11, 2016
12 or 13 pts should be the aim. Win all home matches and 1-1 draw away in Algiers (à la USA 1994)
Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by VictorRomanov: 12:32pm On Oct 11, 2016
jerrythafinisher:
I don't think 11 point can guarantee a world cup ticket, what if any team in group wins all their remaining matches? I think a minimum of 13 point is good to go.

If we have 11 points, Then the other teams can't win all their remaining matches. 11 points is equals to winning 3 games, and getting two draws.
Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by P0intBlank(m): 12:34pm On Oct 11, 2016
VictorRomanov:

If we have 11 points, Then the other teams can't win all their remaining matches. 11 points is equals to winning all ur home games, and getting two away draws.

Since we've already won away from home, 11 pts would mean losing or drawing a home game
Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by VictorRomanov: 12:37pm On Oct 11, 2016
P0intBlank:

Since we've already won away from home, 11 pts would mean losing or drawing a home game

The 11 points should be in addition to the 3 we already have. So 3 home wins and 2 away draws.
Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by P0intBlank(m): 12:39pm On Oct 11, 2016
VictorRomanov:

The 11 points should be in addition to the 3 we already have. So 3 home wins and 2 away draws.

Is that what he (Rohr) said or is that what you hope he said?
Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by Aarenasbaba(m): 12:42pm On Oct 11, 2016
jerrythafinisher:
Hahahahahahah....are you also victor ikpeba?
Can't you see that Algeria and Cameroon has shared a point already.....
Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by P0intBlank(m): 12:44pm On Oct 11, 2016
tonquendo4u:
You cant get 13 points when 1 team gets 11,statistically.I think 11 is wonderful

Bro, you can
Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by ROCE: 12:50pm On Oct 11, 2016
cyril700:
Those 3 IPOB(iwobi,kelechi,mikel) will help us qualify so never to worry. Has anyone noticed that almost all football legends in nigeria are IPOB?

Every thing is not about tribe Oga. From Balogun to Odegbami to Yekini to Finidi George to Babangida or Yaro, no one cares except that they are Nigerians. FYI, football is made up of a team and is one of the few things that brings Nigerians together. SO, shove that nonsense somewhere else please. #BigotAlert

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by Phi001(m): 12:54pm On Oct 11, 2016
Caseless:
nairaland did not help your post-it disorganized it and made it more confusing. But upon quoting you, I realized it's well laid out
Yh I know... I was like after all my hard work...
Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by Samiceman: 1:12pm On Oct 11, 2016
cyril700:
Oga, football is like the only thing bringing Nigerians together. Don't ruin that too please.
Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by Mobidot(m): 1:13pm On Oct 11, 2016
Algeria already drew at home now. So no three home win for them again.
adeaks:

I don't agree that the highest would be 9 points. Home form will be the most important determinant. If Nigeria wins all her home games (which is quite tough, but very possible) we would be up to 12 points even if we lose away games to Algeria and Cameroon.

If Algeria also wins all her home games and beats Zambia away they would have 13 points. I am pretty sure either Algeria or Nigeria would have more than 9 points at the end of the day.
Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by Franchise21(m): 1:36pm On Oct 11, 2016
funnynation:

e go take amadioha grace to be funny at dis recession time..
Lol. What has recession got to do with yhu being funny? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Banyana Banyana Defeat Super Falcons 4-2 To Lift The Aisha Buhari Cup In Lagos / Georges Leekens: Stopping Iwobi And Iheancho Is The Secret To Win Super Eagles / Ejuke Wins CSKA Moscow Player Of The Month Award Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.