Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,841 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

Nigerians Warned To Stay Off MMM 'scam' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Warned To Stay Off MMM 'scam' (8755 Views)

Bakare: Buhari Did Nothing About Benue Genocide Though Warned 18 Months Earlier / Amaechi Vs Abe: Wike Warned Me — Senator Abe / EFCC Replies "Stay Off Patience Jonathan" Protesters in Port Harcourt (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Warned To Stay Off MMM 'scam' by oikirodah(m): 8:37pm On Oct 10, 2016
Sequel to the crash of the Mavrodi Mondial Moneybox scheme in Zimbabwe popularly known as MMM, the UK Independent newspaper has warned Africans against investing their money into the Ponzi Scheme.

There are similarities about this scheme in Zimbabwe and Nigeria, as it follows the same model.

Both countries are also experiencing an economic crisis and many of its citizens have turned to the MMM Global as a means of livelihood.

An excerpt from The Independent’s article stated; Read more: http://www.ireporteronline.com/36306_nigerians-warned-to-stay-off-mmm-scam
Re: Nigerians Warned To Stay Off MMM 'scam' by atakamus: 9:56pm On Oct 10, 2016
Chief tell them oo. Na only MMM I de hear this day. If you take this one, U will get this one. I don tire.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Warned To Stay Off MMM 'scam' by Franchise21(m): 10:07pm On Oct 10, 2016
kiss
Re: Nigerians Warned To Stay Off MMM 'scam' by Mailthaddeus(m): 10:47pm On Oct 10, 2016
@OP

MMM didn't crash in Zimbabwe. It's interest was reduced from 100% to 20%, no one lost money. Get ur facts well abeg.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Warned To Stay Off MMM 'scam' by babyfaceafrica: 10:50pm On Oct 10, 2016
Mailthaddeus:
@OP

MMM didn't crash in Zimbabwe. It's interest was reduced from 100% to 20%, no one lost money. Get ur facts well abeg.
MMM agent here

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Warned To Stay Off MMM 'scam' by APCLyingBastard: 11:05pm On Oct 10, 2016
The real scammers are the nigerian banks who take your money and charge you more on useless services than they will charge interest on your saving only to turn around and lend at exorbitant rates

I have studied the MMM scheme and even though it has all the hallmarks of a ponzi scheme it is still far better than putting your money in a bank under the prevailing high inflation rate and ridiculous low interests paid on your savings.

In short, having money in your account is stup1d as everyday your money loses value.

Even investing in nigeria today is a big risk since the economy is stagnant and declining rapidly. Property values have basically crashed so investing in land or property is only good for the long term in the hope the economy will improve and not as a short term venture like what we witnessed in the past 5yr boom periods.

Importers and Producers alike have it even worse off as they can't access forex and the very low liquidity has made retailing of services and goods suffer a more devastating deflation just as in the property sector.

Shares and bonds are totally not the way to go as the market keeps crashing daily . Ask Dangote, he has taken major hits below the belt on his gross net worth and it is all tied to the crashing stock market all thanks to the recklessness and ineptitude of Buhari's useless fiscal policy.

The only viable alternative in nigeria today is to convert all your earnings and savings to forex. If at the beginning of the month after you get your pay cheque, convert all your money to dollars and see how by the end of the month your money would have grown instead of shrank if it were lying fallow and losing money in the bank.

That aside, the only people against MMM is the organised banking sector , stock market and economy who are fast losing depositor funds to MMM and having a lot of merchants bypassing them for MMM.

The govt has no clue on how to shut it down, since MMM has no office in nigeria only their website and the govt can't block it since they don't control the Internet provision other than their useless snail paced galaxy.

I have figured how these guys make their money but I won't reveal it here because I want the MMM stuff to keep going as they will definitely force the banks and CBN to adjust lending rates.

Cryptic hint on how MMM makes their money : BVN.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Warned To Stay Off MMM 'scam' by PaulIdu: 11:06pm On Oct 10, 2016
Mailthaddeus:
@OP

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Warned To Stay Off MMM 'scam' by Nobody: 11:10pm On Oct 10, 2016
Been hearing it alot more often as the economy bites harder and people look for options. Dunno tho'
Re: Nigerians Warned To Stay Off MMM 'scam' by APCLyingBastard: 11:14pm On Oct 10, 2016
To show how popular this stuff is, I know a guy who makes daily over 500k in commissions paid into his account by MMM.

The guy has introduced big time importers from the SE into the scheme and these guys are committing individually on a monthly basis 10 -20million naira each!

Just imagine getting 5% of all that money daily.

The MMM stuff just like every ponzi scheme is no different than stock market where eventually somebody will eventually lose money but the way these guys were able to package the scheme and their timing in entering Nigeria (ponzi schemes boom during recession) shows these guys have done their homework well.

As I said earlier I know how they make their money but won't say because I don't want the scheme to fail even though I haven't registered yet.

And by failure, I mean govt narrowing in on their agents in nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Warned To Stay Off MMM 'scam' by glacswhite: 11:40pm On Oct 10, 2016
my brother whether is real or unreal...I got alert of N32,000 today...it paid me...so u better open Ur eyes come out of Ur closet and join the mk moving train....I know how they make their money...

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Warned To Stay Off MMM 'scam' by glacswhite: 11:42pm On Oct 10, 2016
my brother whether is real or unreal...I got alert of N32,000 today...it paid me...so u better open Ur eyes come out of Ur closet and join the moving train....I know how they make their money...(MMM pays) chai 1st in my life

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Warned To Stay Off MMM 'scam' by Nobody: 11:51pm On Oct 10, 2016
Mynd44, seun if is me that post this thing u will take it to crime how u took the one I posted people should be aware of this fake CBN messages. It now comes like a pop up. u carry am go crime Oya see ds one

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Warned To Stay Off MMM 'scam' by Nobody: 11:53pm On Oct 10, 2016
APCLyingBastard:
To show how popular this stuff is, I know a guy who makes daily over 500k in commissions paid into his account by MMM.

The guy has introduced big time importers from the SE into the scheme and these guys are committing individually on a monthly basis 10 -20million naira each!

Just imagine getting 5% of all that money daily.

The MMM stuff just like every ponzi scheme is no different than stock market where eventually somebody will eventually lose money but the way these guys were able to package the scheme and their timing in entering Nigeria (ponzi schemes boom during recession) shows these guys have done their homework well.

As I said earlier I know how they make their money but won't say because I don't want the scheme to fail even though I haven't registered yet.

And by failure, I mean govt narrowing in on their agents in nigeria.
your post is full of lies, the maximum to donate is 10000 dollars which is 4 million now so how come they donate 10million. There is no way you can make that daily in mmm probably monthly. Please always make your points with facts

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Warned To Stay Off MMM 'scam' by APCLyingBastard: 11:54pm On Oct 10, 2016
intbizoil:
your post is full of lies, the maximum to donate is 10000 dollars which is 4 million now so how come they donate 10million. There is no way you can make that daily in mmm probably monthly. Please always make your points with facts

Implying only one account ?

what of those with 3-4 accounts?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Warned To Stay Off MMM 'scam' by Nobody: 12:16am On Oct 11, 2016
APCLyingBastard:

Implying only one account ?

what of those with 3-4 accounts?
you mean one person with 3 or 4 accounts, it can never happen the system would detect. many have been blocked because of this

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Warned To Stay Off MMM 'scam' by YOUNGKAHUNA: 3:34am On Oct 11, 2016
glacswhite:
my brother whether is real or unreal...I got alert of N32,000 today...it paid me...so u better open Ur eyes come out of Ur closet and join the moving train....I know how they make their money...(MMM pays) chai 1st in my life
how much did u PH for u to get that amount? Please help a brother
Re: Nigerians Warned To Stay Off MMM 'scam' by ewosk: 4:25am On Oct 11, 2016
iSlayer2:
Been hearing it alot more often as the economy bites harder and people look for options. Dunno tho'

Bro you should try it...whatsapp me for more details...the number is below grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Warned To Stay Off MMM 'scam' by blackpanda: 5:35am On Oct 11, 2016
APCLyingBastard:
The real scammers are the nigerian banks who take your money and charge you more on useless services than they will charge interest on your saving only to turn around and lend at exorbitant rates

I have studied the MMM scheme and even though it has all the hallmarks of a ponzi scheme it is still far better than putting your money in a bank under the prevailing high inflation rate and ridiculous low interests paid on your savings.

In short, having money in your account is stup1d as everyday your money loses value.

Even investing in nigeria today is a big risk since the economy is stagnant and declining rapidly. Property values have basically crashed so investing in land or property is only good for the long term in the hope the economy will improve and not as a short term venture like what we witnessed in the past 5yr boom periods.

Importers have it even worse off as they can't access forex and the very low liquidity has made retailing of services and goods suffer a more devastating deflation just as in the property sector.

Shares and bonds are totally not the way to go as the market keeps crashing daily . Ask Dangote, he has taken major hits below the belt on his gross net worth and it is all tied to the crashing stock market all thanks to the w recklessness and ineptitude of Buhari's useless fiscal policy.

The only viable alternative in nigeria today is to convert all your earnings and savings to forex. If at the beginning of the month after you get your pay cheque, convert all your money to dollars and see how by the end of the month your money would have grown instead of shrank if it were lying fallow and losing money in the bank.

That aside, the only people against MMM is the organised banking sector who are fast losing depositor funds to MMM and having a lot of merchants bypassing them for MMM.

The govt has no clue on how to shut it down, since MMM has no office in nigeria only their website and the govt can't block it since they don't control the Internet provision other than their useless snail paced galaxy.

I have figured how these guys make their money but I won't reveal it here because I want the MMM stuff to keep going as they will definitely force the banks and CBN to adjust lending rates.

Cryptic hint on how MMM makes their money : BVN.

Una no go hear now. Be there proving all smart and scientific till all your savings and earnings are wiped away before your very eyes. A word is enough.
Re: Nigerians Warned To Stay Off MMM 'scam' by apriko(m): 6:01am On Oct 11, 2016
My own bank na Bet9ja so all this mmm stunt they are talking over my head..... Lol

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Warned To Stay Off MMM 'scam' by tdbankplc: 6:08am On Oct 11, 2016
No matter how much negative thread u create for mmm, positive feedback will always outshine the negative feedback. It's like promoting it the more cos people are cashing out and balling.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Warned To Stay Off MMM 'scam' by Nobody: 6:16am On Oct 11, 2016
What's mmm biko?
Re: Nigerians Warned To Stay Off MMM 'scam' by uchedum(m): 6:28am On Oct 11, 2016
✔I Pledge to MMM my Community, ✔To be faithful and Honest in my dealings in the community! ✔To continue to help my Brother in need, ✔To create a fair financial world. ✔To distribute the Money between the less privileged ✔To be a Helper of the Community not a Parasite, ✔To make the community grow! ✔To continue to spread the true Ideology of the community, ✔Not to be Selfish but bring more people into the community in order to liberate them from financial Slavery ✔Together we Grow, ✔So help me God.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Warned To Stay Off MMM 'scam' by APCLyingBastard: 6:30am On Oct 11, 2016
intbizoil:
you mean one person with 3 or 4 accounts, it can never happen the system would detect. many have been blocked because of this

Which system?

The beautiful thing about BVN is I can walk into any bank and open an account with just my BVN number.

I can also choose whatever name I want as my account name.

Only me, the bank and CBN knows who really owns the account.

So how will mmm know if I registered with another name account? Do they have a system in place to track BVN?

Think for once!

Besides most people register their family and friends under the system and use their account details to invest in mmm.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Warned To Stay Off MMM 'scam' by Nobody: 6:32am On Oct 11, 2016
As long as they are all still making money, sure they cant stop.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Warned To Stay Off MMM 'scam' by APCLyingBastard: 6:37am On Oct 11, 2016
blackpanda:

Una no go hear now. Be there proving all smart and scientific till all your savings and earnings are wiped away before your very eyes. A word is enough.

MMM takes about 30% out of your initial deposit and reserves it for you till some one joins and pays you the additional balance. 5% goes to the individual who registered you.

If within 3 days of being requested to "help " a member you fail to meet up your pledge, th system automatically deletes you from the service.

Unlike ponzi scheme, your investment only last month unless you choose to leave it lying fallow.

The risk is far lower than past ponzi schemes and also far much rewarding than leaving your money in the bank.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Warned To Stay Off MMM 'scam' by Nobody: 6:38am On Oct 11, 2016
blackpanda:

nonsense! keep ur advice to yourselves. what did ur govt do about the crashing stock value in the NSE, with investors losing billions ?

punchng.com/investors-lose-n432bn-stocks-value-drops/

MMM is getting stronger and stronger everyday, while the govt systems are falling and crashing everyday, and some mumu will still be listening to the govt. Nonsense

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Warned To Stay Off MMM 'scam' by chieveboy(m): 6:46am On Oct 11, 2016
Ok
Re: Nigerians Warned To Stay Off MMM 'scam' by Nobody: 6:48am On Oct 11, 2016
Mailthaddeus:
@OP

One of them spotted. Retrace your steps back or else, it's Heartattack loading............. .. 60%
Re: Nigerians Warned To Stay Off MMM 'scam' by APCLyingBastard: 6:55am On Oct 11, 2016
abuayman:

One of them spotted. Retrace your steps back or else, it's Heartattack loading............. .. 60%

How can the system fail?

The system is basically like a financial co-operative bringing people together to borrow money from each other.

Note : most ponzi schemes collapsed because govt shut it down as it was diverting much needed cash flow from stock markets, bank deposits and direct investment into the economy.

The system can only thrive where the economy is on recession just like back in 1985 when Umana investments sprang up on the heels of a recession caused by the ineptitude of this same foolish buhari.

IBB closed it down and from there was forced to begin deregulation of the banking system.

All I know is that govt can't shut it down because they have no physical address or cooperate account they can trace.

At the end of the day, the FG will have to sit up and do a serious revamp on the banking sector, economy and stock market to get Nigerians investing back in the economy.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Warned To Stay Off MMM 'scam' by Compliance(m): 6:58am On Oct 11, 2016
Why are you people wasting your time criticising mmm? It's very easy to do, your money don't stay there for long, you credit some accounts today, they credit you two days after. All you work with is an invincible cash, you're not tieing down your money weeks, you only tie an invincible cash, and the moment it becomes visible, just in 2 or 3 days you have your cash.

It's May be risky for reckless players. Living in Nigeria is far more risky.

12 Likes

Re: Nigerians Warned To Stay Off MMM 'scam' by ewosk: 7:12am On Oct 11, 2016
SirJeffry:
What's mmm biko?

MMM is a platform a community of people helping one another. They grow their spare cash by 30% monthly..

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Warned To Stay Off MMM 'scam' by photoshoot(m): 7:17am On Oct 11, 2016
Compliance:
Why are you people wasting your time criticising mmm? It's very easy to do, your money don't stay there for long, you credit some accounts today, they credit you two days after. All you work with is an invincible cash, you're not tieing down your money weeks, you only tie an invincible cash, and the moment it becomes visible, just in 2 or 3 days you have your cash.

It's May be risky for reckless players. Living in Nigeria is far more risky.

Please tell them, I get very sick when I hear people say that, they would run with our money, sad thing is most of them don't understand how the MMM works.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dan-musa Steps Down For Olawepo-hashim In Race For ANN Presidential Ticket / Guess! Which Governor Is Building This Houses? Photos / Enugu Boosts Digital Business With WiFi Franchise Model

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.