Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,194 members, 7,807,659 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:56 PM

Mtn 4g Speed!!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn 4g Speed!!! (4916 Views)

Glo 4g Speed In Imo State / Airtel "4g" Speed Test / Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn 4g Speed!!! by phantom(m): 8:59pm On Oct 10, 2016
okay so i get to MTN office at 1st artillery this afternoon to get my hands on the 4G sim,very eager to test out the speed.
changed my regualr 3g line to a 4g and bought 2 new 4G sims....one for the samsung galaxy tab A and the other for my sprectranet 4G modem when and if i succeed in unlocking it.... wink wink

so i get them go home and begin the test. refer to my old thread HERE, where i compared the 3G speeds on my htc 816 to my samsung and spectranet.
was getting an average of 2.5Mb/s on my HTC and 1.8Mb/s on my samsung (all on 3G) so you can imagine my eagerness to test the new "4G" sim in my area which has very good MTN network.

RESULTS: my HTC didnt perform any different which was expected considering its a 3.75G enabled phone. No LTE! But i insisted on converting it to 4G to test the hypotheses by some guys here on nairaland that a 4G sim in a 3G phone will pull the maximum speed the 3G can offer. not true from my tests. no difference at all.

the samsung on the other hand really pulled some nice speeds even though i was disappointed. was expecting up to 5Mb/s which other people may get in some areas in PHC.

we are not yet there as regards internet access but we are getting there gradually. if data becomes so cheap,get ready to say bye bye to entertainment as we know it. videos will be watched on PCs or mobile......games will be played online effortlessly...indeed our productivity as a nation will increase with improvement in internet access believe it or not.
If my HTC was an LTE device,my speed with it would put my samsung to shame....now i'm eyeing the HTC M9 small small..... grin grin
below are the screenshots.....1.HTC IDM speed and speedtest 2.samsung IDM speed and speedtest 3. spectranet speedtest

Re: Mtn 4g Speed!!! by phantom(m): 9:04pm On Oct 10, 2016
spectranet speed test............for sometime now spectranet has been messing up in my area....not as fast as it was when it came into PH. i guess more and more people are coming on board and their network is getting overloaded and sluggish but they have no choice but to up their game.
no USP(unique selling proposition anymore). The 4G they boast of is now everywhere.....smile,mtn,etisalat and glo. soon airtel will join the pack.
competition is a beautiful thing! the fear of NTEL is the beginning of wisdom. everybody is falling in line. the hustle is real..... grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Mtn 4g Speed!!! by Nobody: 9:08pm On Oct 10, 2016
Please will the normal subscription work on 4G LTE
Re: Mtn 4g Speed!!! by phantom(m): 9:19pm On Oct 10, 2016
fados4sure:
Please will the normal subscription work on 4G LTE

of course.....na 1.5gig i buy with 1k.......they even gave me extra 1.5gig. double data for the next 6 months.

2 Likes

Re: Mtn 4g Speed!!! by Phantom2(m): 10:08pm On Oct 10, 2016
it's really amazing

Re: Mtn 4g Speed!!! by leuelliot(m): 11:02am On Oct 11, 2016
JUST GOT MY MTN 4G SIM OMO I have more 4G Reception than 3G in my house, i don download half of google in 10min the tin fast die

2 Likes

Re: Mtn 4g Speed!!! by PunterTim(m): 11:28am On Oct 11, 2016
leuelliot:
JUST GOT MY MTN 4G SIM OMO I have more 4G Reception than 3G in my house, i don download half of google in 10min the tin fast die
Hehe,half of google!
Re: Mtn 4g Speed!!! by jayjay2016: 2:38pm On Oct 11, 2016
Omo na so GLO SEF be here oh! Glo's 4G speed in just too good to be true!
Re: Mtn 4g Speed!!! by FellaL: 2:59pm On Oct 11, 2016
Every heard of Cyberspace 4G?
Re: Mtn 4g Speed!!! by lalas2016: 3:27pm On Oct 11, 2016
Abeg which one be cyberspace again? Glo 4g lte takes me to cyberspace nah and in great speed sef

1 Like

Re: Mtn 4g Speed!!! by phantom(m): 11:32pm On Oct 23, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin.........................decided to drop this one here.....this evening with my samsung tab...... speed has improved.
i jus dey wonder the kin speed wey samsung galaxy S7 go dey pull if my ordinary samsung tab A dey pull this kain speed.
i bought 10gigs for 5k yesterday,got 20gigs as per double data. i don blow the 20gigs finish embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed and currently resisting the temptation to buy another 20gigs........omo,who know NTEL people? Tell them dem need enter PH fast.....the kain speeds wey person don dey see these days,na unlimited data na im we need to finally enter "online nirvana"....... grin grin shocked

Re: Mtn 4g Speed!!! by Baroba(m): 1:03am On Oct 24, 2016
Make una wait till people enter 4 G wella.. all those speed go drop grin grin
Re: Mtn 4g Speed!!! by glounitedfan(m): 1:50am On Oct 24, 2016
UK used samsung galaxy J5, 1.5gb ram and 16gbrom.Dual sim. Gold color and 13mp camera. 1month waranty. Very clean and strong.contact 08107433680
Re: Mtn 4g Speed!!! by Horlaarsco: 5:30am On Oct 24, 2016

Re: Mtn 4g Speed!!! by directonpc(m): 6:04am On Oct 24, 2016
2mb/s na 3g speed na
Re: Mtn 4g Speed!!! by Dam5reey(m): 6:49am On Oct 24, 2016
Horlaarsco:
Spectranet unlocked 4G Mifi for sale @ and adorable price of 10k contact me @ 08149583661

Which model abeg and supported bands...?
Re: Mtn 4g Speed!!! by Dam5reey(m): 6:51am On Oct 24, 2016
Baroba:

Haters... Na u want to drop am... 3G speed still rocking at 10Mbps so you think 4G will drop... Nawa oo

1 Like

Re: Mtn 4g Speed!!! by Horlaarsco: 9:47am On Oct 24, 2016
Dam5reey:

Which model abeg and supported bands...?

E5372
Re: Mtn 4g Speed!!! by FunkyMetahuman: 10:24am On Oct 24, 2016
Baroba:
it will only drop if there is no competition..

How many people have 4compatible phones like 3g
How many people have 4g phones compatible with a particular band the network is using.

Despite traffic on 3g, speed didn't reduce unless during down times, you now expect 4g that will never have same traffic as 3g to drop.
Re: Mtn 4g Speed!!! by FunkyMetahuman: 10:25am On Oct 24, 2016
I'm getting my mtn 4g sim today cheesy

1 Like

Re: Mtn 4g Speed!!! by Neurovics321: 7:35pm On May 19, 2017
Mtn 4g speed test
Device-tecno camon cx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcWQPTyZ71g

(1) (Reply)

How to change Font on Redmi 7, Note 7, Redmi 8, Redmi Note 8 (No Root) / Can I Upgrade My Tecno F7? / MTN SME Data Testimony Thread...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.