Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

Judges Boycott Courts In Abuja To Protest Arrest Of Colleagues - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Judges Boycott Courts In Abuja To Protest Arrest Of Colleagues (22636 Views)

What Muhammad Abu-Ali Told His Colleagues Before Boko Haram Killed Him / Judges Boycott Courts In Abuja To Protest Arrest Of Colleagues / Invasion Of Judges’ Homes: Adegboruwa Asks NBA To Boycott Courts Indefinitely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Judges Boycott Courts In Abuja To Protest Arrest Of Colleagues by NaijaMutant(f): 10:05pm On Oct 10, 2016
Judges in Nigeria’s Federal Capital Territory (FCT) on Monday abandoned their various duty posts to protest last weekend’s arrest of their colleagues in different parts of the country on allegations of corruption.
BY SAHARA REPORTERS, NEW YORKOCT 10, 2016

Judges in Nigeria’s Federal Capital Territory (FCT) on Monday abandoned their various duty posts to protest last weekend’s arrest of their colleagues in different parts of the country on allegations of corruption.

The Department of State Security (DSS), which carried out the arrests, claimed to have found incriminating documents and foreign currencies in the homes of the affected judicial officers.

The journalists who besieged the Magistrate court located at the Life Camp in Abuja as early as 8:00 am to cover the arraignment of the arrested judges waited endlessly as the case neither came up nor did the judges appear.

It was gathered that some of the judges boycotted the courtroom in solidarity with their colleagues, and were attending a meeting at the FCT High Court in Maitamawhere a position will be taken either to declare a total boycott of the courts or to maintain a neutral posture in the matter.

One of the lawyers who spoke to journalists, Princewell Ebubedike berated the action of the judges saying it would amount to aiding and abetting corruption in the judiciary, which is the last hope of the common man, thereby eroding public confidence in the justice system. He condemned the manner in which the security agents made their arrests without proper recourse to procedure.

DSS Agents

http://saharareporters.com/2016/10/10/judges-boycott-courts-abuja-protest-arrest-colleagues

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Judges Boycott Courts In Abuja To Protest Arrest Of Colleagues by NaijaMutant(f): 10:08pm On Oct 10, 2016
Buhari has now become both the Executive and Judiciary, it remains the legislature,and he's gradually getting there.
As soon as he also becomes the legislature after ousting Saraki and Ekweremmadu. Then Nigeria will be the first country to practice Militocracy.

Congratulations Zombies
Pls cheer him on.

168 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Judges Boycott Courts In Abuja To Protest Arrest Of Colleagues by Colynho3d(m): 10:11pm On Oct 10, 2016
I love my country

3 Likes

Re: Judges Boycott Courts In Abuja To Protest Arrest Of Colleagues by onomeasike: 10:53pm On Oct 10, 2016
When you fight corruption (the judges), corruption (judges) fight back. They know what they are doing, it's not for the love of country

146 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Judges Boycott Courts In Abuja To Protest Arrest Of Colleagues by cktheluckyman: 11:00pm On Oct 10, 2016
Buhari will regret this move. This judges would surely deal with him.The funny thing is that after their Gestapo operation, the DSS would still come back to these judges for the trial of their colleagues. O wonder if Buhari or any of his advisers have any common sense

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Judges Boycott Courts In Abuja To Protest Arrest Of Colleagues by cktheluckyman: 11:01pm On Oct 10, 2016
onomeasike:
When you fight corruption (the judges), corruption (judges) fight back. They know what they are doing, it's not for the love of country
You are fighting corrupt judges yet idiots like Okon Abang was not affected.Story for the gods

154 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Judges Boycott Courts In Abuja To Protest Arrest Of Colleagues by omokab: 11:02pm On Oct 10, 2016
If they like they should tear their certificate and close down all schools dealing with law. Bunch of thieves supporting corruption. If they find a common man stealing a tuber of yam English will finish from inside dictionary. And they will instantly give a judgment but when it come to where their pocket will be full with dollars and pounds they will be talking of technicality. How do we expect this country to be great like others when we don't have good leaders.

126 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Judges Boycott Courts In Abuja To Protest Arrest Of Colleagues by cktheluckyman: 11:07pm On Oct 10, 2016
omokab:
If they like they should tear their certificate and close down all schools dealing with law. Bunch thieves supporting corruption. If they find a common stealing a tuber of yam English will finish from inside dictionary. And they will instantly give a judgment but when it come to where their pocket is full with dollars and pounds they will talking of technicality. How do we expect this country to be great like others when we don't have good leaders.
Nigeria is not a banana republic, there are procedures. Buhari was accused of Waec forgery yet he was allowed to contest and win elections!!!! His case was still in court and he was assumed innocent (even though we all know he is as guilty as hell).The rule of the law is supreme.

There is no evidence to prove those judges are corrupt.Even when a judge misbehaves the proper thing to do is to go through the NJC

145 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Judges Boycott Courts In Abuja To Protest Arrest Of Colleagues by CowHard: 5:01am On Oct 11, 2016
onomeasike:

Since you guys have many evidence of corruption against the judges, why not summarily execute them like your mentor Idi Amin

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Judges Boycott Courts In Abuja To Protest Arrest Of Colleagues by tit(f): 5:05am On Oct 11, 2016
shoooot all the judges!
set up check point.
if you see any car,
look at the man in the owner corner,
ask him if he is judge.
if he is judge,
drag him outside,
shot him there and throw him inside the gutter.
they are corropt.
then search the next car.
the judichary is corrupt.
too much!

next to come is lawyer.
i hate them
and engineer,
and doctor!
hmmmmmm!
those wan?
have they give you injection before?
in the yansh!
is that not corruption?
chaai!
my left yansh is still pain me till today.
if not that i is a soldier,
i for fall that day.
doctors are very corropt to the masses.
if you go to military hospital,
you cannot see doctor!
if they treat you sef,
somtimes na die be that.
talk true,
how many of your uncle don die for hospital?
after them go talk say na rong medicine them give am!
corroption is too much in nigeria

#fireonbaba!

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Judges Boycott Courts In Abuja To Protest Arrest Of Colleagues by sdindan: 5:09am On Oct 11, 2016
tit:
shoooot all the judges! set up check point. if you see any car, look at the man in the owner corner, if he is judge, drag him outside, shot him there and throw him inside the gutter. they are corropt. then search the next car. the judichary is corrupt. too much!
Bokoharam spirit.
Are u one of the Chibok girls?

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Judges Boycott Courts In Abuja To Protest Arrest Of Colleagues by tit(f): 5:13am On Oct 11, 2016
sdindan:

Bokoharam spirit.

Are u one of the Chibok girls?

see as you be.
you must be very corropt.
baba will deal with you

17 Likes

Re: Judges Boycott Courts In Abuja To Protest Arrest Of Colleagues by modath(f): 5:15am On Oct 11, 2016
cktheluckyman:

Nigeria is not a banana republic, there are procedures. Buhari was accused of Waec forgery yet he was allowed to contest and win elections!!!! His case was still in court and he was assumed innocent (even though we all know he is as guilty as hell).The rule of the law is supreme.

There is no evidence to prove those judges are corrupt.Even when a judge misbehaves the proper thing to do is to go through the NJC

You forgot to add zoo, and in the jungle there are no rules, survival is the main thing and Pa Chuks, Nigeria must survive by any means necessary!! cool cool

You expect to get fair and balanced resolution when the arbitrator is in the cesspit?!!! 3/4 of NJC are circling same drain, so how can you if you don't have malice and angst in your heart tout such unrealistic point?

Why do you lots bastardize every expression you latch on to? Why? Rule of law, right? But where was rule of law when a judge collected 200m bribe and the NJC only retired him with "full benefits" and only mandated him to return the money in instalments?

Pa Chuks, think of the children and the kind of values you are imparting on them!! Try and do right...

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Judges Boycott Courts In Abuja To Protest Arrest Of Colleagues by sdindan: 5:19am On Oct 11, 2016
tit:

see as you be. you must be very corropt. baba will deal with you
You're beautiful when u are crying too!
Re: Judges Boycott Courts In Abuja To Protest Arrest Of Colleagues by vedaxcool(m): 5:20am On Oct 11, 2016
One of the lawyers who spoke to journalists, Princewell Ebubedike berated the action of the judges saying it would amount to aiding and abetting corruption in the judiciary, which is the last hope of the common man, thereby eroding public confidence in the justice system. He condemned the manner in which the security agents made their arrests without proper recourse to procedure.

God bless princewell who means well ... we know judges like him will sentence corrupt judges to where they belong.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Judges Boycott Courts In Abuja To Protest Arrest Of Colleagues by vedaxcool(m): 5:24am On Oct 11, 2016
modath:

You forgot to add zoo, and in the jungle there are no rules, survival is the main thing and Pa Chuks, Nigeria must survive by any means necessary!! cool cool

You expect to get fair and balanced resolution when the arbitrator is in the cesspit?!!! 3/4 of NJC are circling same drain, so how can you if you don't have malice and angst in your heart tout such unrealistic point?

Why do you lots bastardize every expression you latch on to? Why? Rule of law, right? But where was rule of law when a judge collected 200m bribe and the NJC only retired him with "full benefits" and only mandated him to return the money in instalments?

Pa Chuks, think of the children and the kind of values you are imparting on them!! Try and do right...

kai kai kai ohh no be me go use my eyes witness modath destroy chukwudi CRYEER. ... haba you go teach persin sense with force?

Oya Einstein baba agba tell chukwudi44 where he life fall short

7 Likes

Re: Judges Boycott Courts In Abuja To Protest Arrest Of Colleagues by babdap: 5:36am On Oct 11, 2016
I hope no work no pay rule will apply to them, or are they have immunity?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Judges Boycott Courts In Abuja To Protest Arrest Of Colleagues by winkmart: 6:00am On Oct 11, 2016
They are sick in the brain, no wonder their children got the craziest of diseases.

5 Likes

Re: Judges Boycott Courts In Abuja To Protest Arrest Of Colleagues by kingphilip(m): 6:00am On Oct 11, 2016
This is what you get when laid down rules and procedures isn't followed in the discharge of one's duties

Expect more of this in coming days but I can also assure you that this is just good for our judiciary in that it'll help in curbing favoritism for the government by not been intimidated by any case the government brings before it

Last bullet: all corrupt officers in whatever government position should be flushed out despite all odds but let it be done with the rule of law as guiding principle

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Judges Boycott Courts In Abuja To Protest Arrest Of Colleagues by yeyeboi(m): 6:01am On Oct 11, 2016
Ok
Re: Judges Boycott Courts In Abuja To Protest Arrest Of Colleagues by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:01am On Oct 11, 2016
Okay
Re: Judges Boycott Courts In Abuja To Protest Arrest Of Colleagues by tdayof(m): 6:01am On Oct 11, 2016

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Judges Boycott Courts In Abuja To Protest Arrest Of Colleagues by awa(m): 6:03am On Oct 11, 2016
We would form an APC compliant court soon where only Saints would be presiding over cases. If you don't have APC background in Nigeria then your second name is corruption.

Baba would use men of Daura to form the new APC Bar Association possibly coming up soon because most Judges currently working in Nigeria worked during GEJ.

New Nigeria is coming tomorrow where one party system would be our portion. Baba is indeed a true Democrat according to what I read sometimes ago.

N/B:
The man below me is still asking for Certificate when most Nigerians are just begging for square meal on their table.
Baba pls keep your certificate just give us food don't mind the man below me. Who certificate don epp....

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Judges Boycott Courts In Abuja To Protest Arrest Of Colleagues by EternalTruths: 6:04am On Oct 11, 2016
angry

Buhari show us your certificate or resign angry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Judges Boycott Courts In Abuja To Protest Arrest Of Colleagues by Eden007(m): 6:05am On Oct 11, 2016
The solidarity continues....
Re: Judges Boycott Courts In Abuja To Protest Arrest Of Colleagues by personal59: 6:06am On Oct 11, 2016
tit:
shoooot all the judges!
set up check point.
if you see any car,
look at the man in the owner corner,
ask him if he is judge.
if he is judge,
drag him outside,
shot him there and throw him inside the gutter.
they are corropt.
then search the next car.
the judichary is corrupt.
too much!
next to come is lawyer.
i hate them
and engineer,
and doctor!
hmmmmmm!
those wan?
have they give you injection before?
in the yansh!
is that not corruption?
chaai!
my left yansh is still pain me till today.
if not that i is a soldier,
i for fall that day.
doctors are very corropt to the masses.
if you go to military hospital,
you cannot see doctor!
if they treat you sef,
somtimes na die be that.
talk true,
how many of your uncle don die for hospital?
after them go talk say na rong medicine them give am!
corroption is too much in nigeria
#fireonbaba!
Hmmm
Ur English teacher is also guilty of corruption, what do u suggest we do?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Judges Boycott Courts In Abuja To Protest Arrest Of Colleagues by nijanigga: 6:08am On Oct 11, 2016
cktheluckyman:
Buhari will regret this move. This judges would surely deal with him.The funny thing is that after their Gestapo operation, the DSS would still come back to these judges for the trial of their colleagues. O wonder if Buhari or any of his advisers have any common sense
this dude just like to use the word gestapo, you don't really know what it means, do you?

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Judges Boycott Courts In Abuja To Protest Arrest Of Colleagues by Hardeysolution(m): 6:09am On Oct 11, 2016
What the hell has APC and PDP have to do with this issue? What has Buhari or Jonathan have to do with this case? Aren't you just sensible enough to know that all organs can work and independently and the security agencies are also given the mandate to carry out their operations? What is wrong with us Nigerians? Can't we just give up on sentiment and continue to give necessary support? Oh Lord, when shall love and unity reign in Nigeria? When shall we have better brains? Must we be with black brains like we are black? Some started yarning Buhari, Nigeria! Nigerians! Hummmm.

13 Likes

Re: Judges Boycott Courts In Abuja To Protest Arrest Of Colleagues by SalomonKane: 6:09am On Oct 11, 2016
I still can't figure out why they're protesting. If they know what their colleagues did is bad and supports corruption, which is in fact, corrupt, why the protest.

If they believe the way and manner the DSS executed the arrests is bad, then I'll let them know if they who are judges have been screaming against the massive 'Rambo' style arrest the DSS and other security agencies have been making, perhaps their colleagues wouldn't have been bundled like Okotie-Eboh was bundled.

Believe me, it's my pleasure to say "Justice is served" cos those who keep mute in the face of injustice will get a visit from injustice.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Judges Boycott Courts In Abuja To Protest Arrest Of Colleagues by francis247(m): 6:10am On Oct 11, 2016
They should continue so they can be replaced. The judiciary needs total cleansing.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Judges Boycott Courts In Abuja To Protest Arrest Of Colleagues by DesChyko: 6:10am On Oct 11, 2016
They are all corrupt in that case.

DSS make the raid at 2am this time.

And call all networks to switch off at that point.

I don't want any obstruction of 'my' justice.

[How President Buhari's brain works]

6 Likes

Re: Judges Boycott Courts In Abuja To Protest Arrest Of Colleagues by AntiWailer: 6:10am On Oct 11, 2016
Sack them and appoint new judges.

Can all bankers quit work because some bankers are under investigation for corruption ?

Can Nigeria Medical Association boycott work because some doctors were arrested interrogated and released on self recognition ?

Crazy nation with brain dead supporters.

What DSS did was constitutional.

1. Warrant of arrest was obtained.

2. The constitution is clear that such arrest can be made any time of the day

3. There are provisions in the constitution for breaking ur door forcefully if you dnt give access

4. DSS can make arrest is it affects National security. Bribery in the judiciary can lead to anarchy.

Changing leaders is a short term solution. The long term solution is revamping the education sector so that youths can have a functional brain to call their own. Instead of being tossed here and there cos I keep asking myself :

What reasonable youth defends a judge that 35million naira Cash was found in his apartment.

Only a brain dead youth will.

19 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Postpones Population Census To May / Army To Launch Operation Crocodile Smile In Lagos – Buratai / Southern Governors, Leaders Begin Fresh Moves To Get Kanu Out From Detention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.