Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,394 members, 7,808,383 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (109) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (792910 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (1068) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:06pm On Jun 16, 2019
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 8:58pm On Jun 16, 2019
BascoVanVeli:
Nigeria press conference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B3BdekMmK8
Coach wants to set up for a draw. I pity him.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by semid4lyfe(m): 10:34pm On Jun 16, 2019
Francesca Ordega is bae. She's fine and eloquent.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by semid4lyfe(m): 10:54pm On Jun 16, 2019
olapluto:

Coach wants to set up for a draw. I pity him.

Best approach in my opinion. There's no way we're gonna boss the midfield and control possession.

The players don't play close enough to each other, press high enough and their marking is poor as they leave pockets of spaces for opposing players to run into.

Containment should be our first priority with counter attacks being used with Ordega and Oshaola serving as the outlets.

If we can be defensively solid, we can get a draw or a shock victory.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 12:53am On Jun 17, 2019
semid4lyfe:

Best approach in my opinion. There's no way we're gonna boss the midfield and control possession.

The players don't play close enough to each other, press high enough and their marking is poor as they leave pockets of spaces for opposing players to run into.

Containment should be our first priority with counter attacks being used with Ordega and Oshaola serving as the outlets.

Amen
Though I don't think France is as powerful as we make them look.
I'm a bit concerned that the same person in charge of VAR when we played Norway is in charge tomorrow. I don't expect any favours.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 4:10am On Jun 17, 2019
semid4lyfe:

Well said.

A 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1 formation would suit the team right. Any attempt to try to out-possess the French would be fatal (football-wise of course).
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Horus(m): 9:24am On Jun 17, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwT1NMNHGZs

Women’s World Cup - Nigeria & Barcelona Striker Asisat Oshoala
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 9:33am On Jun 17, 2019
PDPGuy:

Well said.

A 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1 formation would suit the team right. Any attempt to try to out-possess the French would be fatal (football-wise of course).
We need not change our formation just because we want a draw. We were compact enough against Korea and frustrated their attacks a lot of the time. If we do the same against France, we will be OK. Same formation for me, but Ajibade has to come in for Okobi. Or Ajibade comes in and Okobi drafted to replace Uchendu.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ykalhaji(m): 12:21pm On Jun 17, 2019
olapluto:

Amen
Though I don't think France is as powerful as we make them look.
I'm a bit concerned that the same person in charge of VAR when we played Norway is in charge tomorrow. I don't expect any favours.

Not only do I not expect any favours, I hope the girls are psychologically prepared for biased officiating even from the on field referees, we are playing the home team so a lot of unnecessary fouls will be called against us.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 5:23pm On Jun 17, 2019
This is where we stand!

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 5:36pm On Jun 17, 2019
Bad finishing is the only factor preventing Germany from scoring 4-5 goals in this first half. South Africa’s defending has been awful
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by tck2000(m): 6:01pm On Jun 17, 2019
Go Falcons

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 6:04pm On Jun 17, 2019
Spain and China both trying hard to keep it as a draw. Spain should score 2 goals to make things interesting for China.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 6:53pm On Jun 17, 2019
And SA are the first team to be officially eliminated from the World Cup
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 7:00pm On Jun 17, 2019
PDPGuy:
And SA are the first team to be officially eliminated from the World Cup
They leave with 1 goal and 0 points.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:01pm On Jun 17, 2019
Starting XI

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 7:06pm On Jun 17, 2019
Welcome to Nigeria matchday...
Team news> Only one change from the last game. Uchendu is benched for the hardworking Halimatu Ayinde. Coach wants to pack midfield like olden days sardine. France make 4 changes, with one in each part of the field. Both sides retain their goalies.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 7:07pm On Jun 17, 2019
BascoVanVeli:
Starting XI
I dont know which player is Ajayi? Except if Amarachi Okoronkwo has changed name.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Dedetwo(m): 7:32pm On Jun 17, 2019
BascoVanVeli:
Starting XI

https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/9649845_cdatausersdefappsappdatainternetexplorertempsavedimagesd9rrcgxyaahb04_jpege725f5f7a25528b52259efbb5ae95488

This lineup shall be lucky with 2-0 down in the first quarter. Ayinde who could not complete a simple pass even if her life depended on it and Okobi who has clearly lost a step for a reason best reserved. To engage France in a game of wit and skill, the coach should have employed the services of Amarachi, Uchendu and Kanu in the first half.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daejoyoung: 7:45pm On Jun 17, 2019
Dedetwo:

This lineup shall be lucky with 2-0 down in the first quarter. Ayinde who could not complete a simple pass even if her life depended on it and Okobi who has clearly lost a step for a reason best reserved. To engage France in a game of wit and skill, the coach should have employed the services of Amarachi, Uchendu and Kanu in the first half.
My brother me sef nor understand this coach o, na sidon look we dey so.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 7:56pm On Jun 17, 2019
Nigerian national anthem. We also wearing our lucky jersey. Today will be good!

French anthem going on and they look like they want to fight.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 7:58pm On Jun 17, 2019
3 of our players on yellow, so they miss next match if they get a yellow. As if we go play next match...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 7:59pm On Jun 17, 2019
Chidinma Okeke saying prayer like our Imam. She's looking fearless.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 8:01pm On Jun 17, 2019
Kick off and France launch an attack to set the tone. Looks like we playing 5-3-2 on average.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 8:02pm On Jun 17, 2019
First corner to Nigeria after Okeke breaks out of defence with a pass to Ordega.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 8:04pm On Jun 17, 2019
We're playing well. Almost scored from the corner. Not respecting France at all.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 8:07pm On Jun 17, 2019
Okeke break outs are causing France trouble. They cant attack down that flank.

Norway score and enter 2nd spot. As it stands, Nigeria qualify.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 8:08pm On Jun 17, 2019
I rewatched that 8-0 beating and we were a match for France for most of the match. Defensive naivity cost us a lot on that day.

So far, we're compact. 8 minutes played.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 8:09pm On Jun 17, 2019
First corner for France. Heartbeat going pooompooompooom.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 8:10pm On Jun 17, 2019
France try Norway's short corner type. We don learn and we clear it with ease.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 8:11pm On Jun 17, 2019
Oshoala loses the ball casually. France get another corner. No protection for our keeper with our zonal marking. We get away with it.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 8:14pm On Jun 17, 2019
Sloppy play for past 3 minutes by Nigeria. Another set piece for France.

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (1068) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.