Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,694 members, 7,802,033 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (786631 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (1065) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 8:50pm On Feb 18, 2020
I think she's done she won't get in the team too much attacking players for super falcons and they are all still young
Schemerkhiz:
*Nigeria Superfalcons Striker Ebere Orji Sign for Swedish giant Linköping FC*

Nigerian player Ebere Orji joins from Umeå IK and has previously represented Mallbackens IF and Umeå IK once again. Orji scored eleven goals in last year's edition of the Elite and was a strong contributing cause of Umeå's advancement to OBOS Damallsvenskan. - Linköpings FC is a big club in Damallsvenskan and it has been a dream to play there, a dream that has now become true and it will be so exciting, says Ebere Orji. I will do my best, collaborate with my teammates and work hard to win multiple titles.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 8:52pm On Feb 18, 2020
Alaba won't displace oluehi or nnadozie we need a young goalkeeper to take her role
Schemerkhiz:

Tochukwu Oluehi have been a good goalkeeper right from day one...Her lost of form before the FIFA Women's World Cup Last Year in France, Really baffled me, anyway we now have Chiamaka Nnadozie who's doing great at her tender age!!!
it will be good to have a competition among them for who's going to be the First Choice, either she's wins her Spot back as the First Choice goalie or Chiamaka Nnadozie continues to retain it because she currently seems to be unstoppable..

We also have Alaba Jonathan, our 2016 AWCON heroines in Cameroon...

Onyinyechi Okeke 22yrs old Goalkeeper currently playing for Bayelsa Queens is still one Promising Goalkeeper during her U17 days in 2014... before moving to the U20 in 2016, She is taller than Chiamaka Nnadozie and was very good then..
So many of the followers of the Women football game thought she was going to be the next Superb goalkeeper for the Superfalcons of Nigeria but haven't lived up to Expectations and Chiamaka Nnadozie is already ahead of her in the perking order.....
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:03pm On Feb 18, 2020
isan:
I think she's done she won't get in the team too much attacking players for super falcons and they are all still young
I don't think so at 27years she still have a lot to offer considering her experience, skills and pace...her abilities to play any of the positions upfront is something the Coaches would always be happy of...She uses both feets effectively and i can gladly remember her pairing with Oparanozie upfront during their U20 day's..

With her Statistics, she's one player capable of Scoring a goal in every two game which isn't bad for a Striker..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:08pm On Feb 18, 2020
If you watch her play during the U20 and the 2011 FIFA Women's World Cup in Germany you wouldn't doubt her Capabilities and what she can bring to the Superfalcons....By the way signing for Linköping FC which is one of the strongest Club in the OBOS DAMALLSVENSKAN in Sweden will also do a great job in her career...

Faith Ikidi is the other Nigerian that have played for Linköping FC and she also won the League with them in 2009..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:13pm On Feb 18, 2020
isan:
Alaba won't displace oluehi or nnadozie we need a young goalkeeper to take her role
By June 1st Alaba Jonathan will be 28years are you saying she's older than Tochukwu Oluehi who is 32yrs or she's no Longer good enough for the National Team??

Don't forget she was one of our stand out player during the 2016 AWCON in Cameroon, Her performance contributed to the Superfalcons victory in Cameroon especially the Final game against Cameroon.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:17pm On Feb 18, 2020
If you currently look at the Nigeria Women Football League i can't lay hands on any other Goalkeepers better than Tochukwu Oluehi, Chiamaka Nnadozie and Alaba Jonathan...

Onyinyechukwu Okeke who's over 1.82cm tall hasn't leaved up to Expectations though she's still doing fine..
Christy Ohaeriaku can't displaced the above named goalies or you want to bring in Ibubeleye Whyte
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by CoolJulian: 9:39pm On Feb 18, 2020
lakesidepapa:

Yes she has pace just like asissat, Asissat nobi alien from another world na.

I'm stating CLEARLY that players with Oshoala's pace and power in present times are EXTREMELY rare... Oshoala's pace is her greatest asset, and I have often stated that if she is fully developed(she is presently not), NO FEMALE player can match her... Yeah! Oshoala is an alien, because her type is extremely rare.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by CoolJulian: 9:45pm On Feb 18, 2020
[quote author=Schemerkhiz post=86678496]
She's Fast but not as Fast as Oshoala or Ordega[/quote

I agree with you, that girl is not as fast as Ordega, let alone Oshoala. Anyone who is more objective would know this.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by CoolJulian: 9:54pm On Feb 18, 2020
Schemerkhiz:

By June 1st Alaba Jonathan will be 28years are you saying she's older than Tochukwu Oluehi who is 32yrs or she's no Longer good enough for the National Team??

Don't forget she was one of our stand out player during the 2016 AWCON in Cameroon, Her performance contributed to the Superfalcons victory in Cameroon especially the Final game against Cameroon.

Alaba is a very good keeper, she is so confident.. I remember her display at the 2016 AWCON. She helped us beat Cameroon.

I just think that Oluehi is more experienced, and Nnadozie is much younger, with greater potentials. She (Nnadozie) should be able to achieve a lot in a not too distant time.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:30pm On Feb 20, 2020
FIFA U-17 Women World Cup Qualifiers Friendly
Flamingoes Vs Naija Ratels FC
FT: Flamingoes 5⃣ Naija Ratels FC 0⃣
Yemisi Samuel 17" 26" ⚽⚽
Taiwo Lawal 22" ⚽
Ebube Ngadi 47" (OG) ⚽
Esther Oyenezedie 82" ⚽
#FIFAU-17WWCQualifierFriendly #Flamingoes #NaijaRatels. #FLANAI

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:50pm On Feb 21, 2020
Official: Paris FC Confirms Signing of Nigerian Goalkeeper

opera.com

Feb 21, 2020 8:50 PM

It is now official that Super Falcons goalkeeper, Chiamaka Nnadozie is now a Paris FC goalkeeper. The goalkeeper has been officially unveiled. 

The 19-year-old goalkeeper moved to Paric FC on trial and was later signed full time. Her contract runs for 18 months. It will end in 2021. Nnadozie caught the attention of the world with her superlative performance in France at the last FIFA Women's World Cup in France. 
The former Rivers Angels goalkeeper has represented Nigeria at the U-17 women's world cup in Jordan and at the U-20 women's world cup in France.
She is an African Women's cup of Nations winner and also an African Games Gold medalist. She will wear the number 40 jersey for the Paris Club

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 5:43am On Feb 22, 2020
Schemerkhiz:
FIFA U-17 Women World Cup Qualifiers Friendly

Flamingoes Vs Naija Ratels FC

FT: Flamingoes 5⃣ Naija Ratels FC 0⃣

Yemisi Samuel 17" 26" ⚽⚽

Taiwo Lawal 22" ⚽

Ebube Ngadi 47" (OG) ⚽

Esther Oyenezedie 82" ⚽

#FIFAU-17WWCQualifierFriendly
#Flamingoes
#NaijaRatels.
#FLANAI

In previous friendlies, they beat two local sides 3-2 and 6-1. Are they now ready to face Guinea?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 12:57pm On Feb 22, 2020
solonnachi:

In previous friendlies, they beat two local sides 3-2 and 6-1. Are they now ready to face Guinea?

I will say they're 40% ready to face Guinea... They should face Premier League teams likes Nasarawa Amazon,, Confluence Queens,, Adamawa Queens first to know how ready the team is...Naija Ratels are from the Pro-League side which is not enough to rate how ready the team is.

If they can defeat or hold the likes of Almighty River's Angel, Bayelsa Queens to a draw then i can say they're good enough to qualify for the World Cup..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 1:51pm On Feb 22, 2020
OK now Asisat oshoala is just something else she just completer her hatrick today

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:56pm On Feb 22, 2020
With her hat trick Oshoala now has as many la liga goals (20) as Hermoso.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 2:24pm On Feb 22, 2020
Asisat Oshoala is on Fire!!!!

NFF should please name a coach for the Superfalcons and give them quality grade a game's to play to Boost her chance of winning Global Awards

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by jimmyiovine: 2:39pm On Feb 22, 2020
solonnachi:

Omo. We will find out next weekend. If any of our junior females don’t qualify for world cup, all blame goes to NFF. Poor organisation in naming coaches and organising camp. Till now we don’t know u20 coaches and the current U17 head coach is being referred to as interim
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 3:56pm On Feb 22, 2020
Asisat and her teammate hermoso are not only competing for the top scorer award in laliga they are also competing for European golden boot award

Europe Top scorer

Harder of Wolfsburg - 21 goals
Asisat of Barcelona - 20 goals
Hermoso of Barcelona - 20 goals

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:14pm On Feb 22, 2020
Oparanozie scored in a loss to PSG. She was a 71st minute sub
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 7:59pm On Feb 22, 2020
jimmyiovine:

Omo. We will find out next weekend. If any of our junior females don’t qualify for world cup, all blame goes to NFF. Poor organisation in naming coaches and organising camp. Till now we don’t know u20 coaches and the current U17 head coach is being referred to as interim

May be NFF want to experiment with the coach Bankole Olowookere-in the Guinea game before appointing him or sacking him. But really someone has to be in charge and be held responsible for the teams outcome.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 8:02pm On Feb 22, 2020
Schemerkhiz:

I will say they're 40% ready to face Guinea... They should face Premier League teams likes Nasarawa Amazon,, Confluence Queens,, Adamawa Queens first to know how ready the team is...Naija Ratels are from the Pro-League side which is not enough to rate how ready the team is.

If they can defeat or hold the likes of Almighty River's Angel, Bayelsa Queens to a draw then i can say they're good enough to qualify for the World Cup..

True talk. But were the U17 Flamingo players selected from the Premier league teams or Pro-league sides? Do you have that info?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 8:05pm On Feb 22, 2020
Schemerkhiz:

NFF should please name a coach for the Superfalcons and give them quality grade a game's to play to Boost her chance of winning Global Awards

This has now become a prayer point. Even the U17 female team do not have a head coach a week from their game with Guinea. What a country!!!!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:37pm On Feb 22, 2020
solonnachi:

True talk. But were the U17 Flamingo players selected from the Premier league teams or Pro-league sides? Do you have that info?
There are players from the Premier League,Pro-League, and the Amateur side..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by jimmyiovine: 9:51pm On Feb 22, 2020
solonnachi:

May be NFF want to experiment with the coach Bankole Olowookere-in the Guinea game before appointing him or sacking him. But really someone has to be in charge and be held responsible for the teams outcome.

Experiment ke?! If Guinea beats us over two legs, experiment don end be that and we wont be going to U17 women’s world cup for the 2nd time in a row
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by jimmyiovine: 9:53pm On Feb 22, 2020
Schemerkhiz:

Honestly. This lady is a super star. NFF should be doing everything possible for her to be seen as top 3 on the world stage. A whole super falcons don’t have a coach. Nigeria’s most successful national team
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:20pm On Feb 23, 2020
Superfalcons to be Full Back/Winger Patricia George in action for her Club B.V.C Cloppenburg in Germany....

They won 2nil, and she scored both goals

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by jimmyiovine: 10:15am On Feb 26, 2020
[url][/url] https://punchng.com/nff-shortlists-two-local-coaches-for-falcons-job/

Technical Director of the Nigeria Football Federation, Bitrus Bewarang, says two local coaches have been shortlisted for the vacant Super Falcons coaching job.

In a chat with our correspondent, Bewarang also revealed that seven other coaches have also been listed for the roles of goalkeeper trainer and assistant coach.

“Other teams’ appointment will be announced soon. The NFF has commissioned a company to do some of the work, we are just trying to step in because some of the teams have competitions that are very close; that is why we are doing what we are doing.

“We made recommendations and until I have approval before I can present to the public,” he added.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:22pm On Feb 26, 2020
It's Rita Chikwelu Vs Uchenna Kanu and Tony Payne in SPAIN: Copa de la Reina Women

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:37pm On Feb 26, 2020
Barcelona against Deportivo game was so tough...!
Deportivo were so compact, defensively stable just the last minute goal from Hamraoui header....Nice delivery from Mariona...
Asisat Oshoala wasted some clear chances!! Graham Hansen and Lieke Martens crosses from both wings were poor today!!

Congratulations � to FC Barcelona Femenino

Kudos to RC Deportivo they fought till the last minute.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by jimmyiovine: 4:51pm On Mar 02, 2020
So both the women's U17 and U20 are being led by first assistants coaches. Why is it soo difficult to just appoint head coaches and have a proper structure

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:48am On Mar 06, 2020
Hmmm

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (1065) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.