Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,279 members, 7,780,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:20 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (202) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (757052 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (1031) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 3:08am On Jun 17, 2021
dex711:
Not impressed at all. The team is not good at all. Midfield is so bad that the defense is looking horrible. Asisat probably touched the ball 10 times in this match. I don't know why they do a throw-in the same way.
... Lol... We are playing against No 1 in the world, we are no 37 in the world... Trust me, in the books of the US womens team, they should be up by 2 or 3 at half time...Well i give the SF some credit, that goal was simply lack of experience and awareness. Also these team have improved every game in this summer series, thank God we did not play U.S first.. Na calamity e for be...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 3:09am On Jun 17, 2021
Aside from the goal, I must commend the defense line for doing a good job. The much maligned Okeke has probably played her best half in this Summer series; while Alozie’s pace has largely frustrated Rapinoe
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by dex711: 3:09am On Jun 17, 2021
Schemerkhiz:

Hahaha, In the morning you can go to the Supermarket and but some impression from there.....
What do you mean? the grammar no make sense.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 3:11am On Jun 17, 2021
At least the Super Falcons did well in having 30% of the possession, unlike Sweden that only had 15% of the possession at half time in their game vs Spain at the Euros cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naijaseeker: 3:11am On Jun 17, 2021
They have already scored against us? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by dex711: 3:12am On Jun 17, 2021
PDPGuy:
Even if you wanna play a low block, the midfield must still be able to hustle the opposing midfielders. For the majority of that 1st half, the midfield did nothing to protect the defense, exposing the back to incessant raids from Rapinoe, Press, Dunn and Mewis. That has to change in the 2nd half.

Moreover, the players need to be way more confident on the ball and know when to release a pass early. Too many times in that first half, the likes of Ordega, Okoronkwo and Chikwelu held onto the ball for far too long, allowing the US players to easily dispossess them off the ball. I don’t know why our players think they’re up against the likes of Sudan or Mali that would allow you to get away with such casualness on the ball.
This guy is reading the game, good feedback
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:12am On Jun 17, 2021
To put it more accurately. We have actually defended better in this game. We should have had a goal if our players could switch plays quickly and find each other with good runs and openings.

Towards the end of the first half, Okeke was free on the right.. all alone. A simple unexpected switch of play via a sweet long pass would have caused serious danger for the Americans.

Our girls need to up their spatial awareness in the final third.

Clint02:
Well I can say that they've played better in this game, compared to the previous games.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Clint02(m): 3:13am On Jun 17, 2021
PDPGuy:
At least the Super Falcons did well in having 30% of the possession, unlike Sweden that only had 15% of the possession at half time in their game vs Spain at the Euros cheesy
cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 3:13am On Jun 17, 2021
dex711:

This guy is reading the game, good feedback
You’re welcome
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 3:17am On Jun 17, 2021
PDPGuy:
... Lol... And i do not think spain is even no 1 in the world atm... We need to give this girls some credit o... Hope they stay in it the 2nd half...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by labas370(f): 3:17am On Jun 17, 2021
In this particular game, all the players have collectively played well including ogbonna.. I will not fully blame her because she lack lacks some experience but so has done well.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 3:18am On Jun 17, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
To put it more accurately. We have actually defended better in this game. We should have had a goal if our players could switch plays quickly and find each other with good runs and openings.

Towards the end of the first half, Okeke was free on the right.. all alone. A simple unexpected switch of play via a sweet long pass would have caused serious danger for the Americans.

Our girls need to up their spatial awareness in the final third.

Very accurate on the bolded.. it’s as though the SF think all there is to attacking play is to beat the opponent on the dribble, before attempting a shot on target.
It’s really frustrating to watch
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Joanney: 3:20am On Jun 17, 2021
Schemerkhiz:

She and your Onome Ebi na mate ooo

Anyway Onome Ebi is the Best Defender in Africa...
No other woman goes...
They are not mates unless you are referring to their birth years.
Onome Ebi=5 world cups no quarter final.

Carl Lloyd= 4 world cups,4 semis and two championships including a final hat trick.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 3:27am On Jun 17, 2021
I don’t know why the Americans are way FITTER than the SF.. it’s like the US team has 10x the energy of our players

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by labas370(f): 3:28am On Jun 17, 2021
grin grin grin
Joanney:
They are not mates unless you are referring to their birth years.
Onome Ebi=5 world cups no quarter final.

Carl Lloyd= 4 world cups,4 semis and two championships including a final hat trick.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by labas370(f): 3:53am On Jun 17, 2021
Abeg, we get better keeper...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by labas370(f): 4:01am On Jun 17, 2021
Our keeper is my WOTM

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 4:04am On Jun 17, 2021
Seems they cutted of the broadcast
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 4:05am On Jun 17, 2021
When you consider the fact that the SF were missing 5-6 key players, I’ll give the team an overall pass mark for this match.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by labas370(f): 4:05am On Jun 17, 2021
Lessons so far, our team lost concentration at each of the added time. They should have that strong mentality till the final whistle.
Our defence did perfectly good.. I will give them 90%.

It's sad that we didn't qualify for the Olympics but this tournament and the one in Turkey are enough to cover for the girls fitness...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Clint02(m): 4:06am On Jun 17, 2021
That Tochukwu Oluehi good pass our SE keeper sef. smiley
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 4:06am On Jun 17, 2021
labas370:
Our keeper is my WOTM
Agreed! Some of her runs prevented this game from being a whitewash in favor of the US.

This Summer series has virtually stamped Oluehi’s place at the next Nations Cup and World Cup, fitness permitting

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 4:07am On Jun 17, 2021
Should be over by now, all in all, i am proud of the defense of our ladies, they really improved match by match... I think the coach has to work on how to counter a team...infact, there is a lit to work on, however, kudos ladies.. Una do well..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by drDoom3(m): 4:08am On Jun 17, 2021
Our lack of attacking threat, midfield and tactics is too poor. I feel like our players can actually harm this US team. We have shown that we are stronger than them in aerial and ground duels, but nothing else asides that.

Tactically, if I was the coach, I would have fixed Oshoala in the US half. She shouldn't backtrack or make her defend. Once we get the ball, loop it over to her, with her strength, height and pace she can torment those US defenders.

Our subs were piss poor. One thing I noticed was that our local players have no football sense. The number 6 that came in was consistently trying to dribble and hug the ball. Very foolish. Our tactics coming in were quite good at the beginning of the game. Press, but sit back. Keep the ball in their half as long as possible. Our game collapsed when we decided to stop pressing upfront and just go into full on bus parking.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naijaseeker: 4:10am On Jun 17, 2021
PDPGuy:
When you consider the fact that the SF were missing 5-6 key players, I’ll give the team an overall pass mark for this match.

Or the key players ought to have retired. I just think they missed only Ihezuo and Chinaza. Maybe Nnadozie. Tochukwu is good but she loses her breath. She is not too fit.

Okobi is getting less motivated and Oparanozie is, well old.

Okay, I forgot Ngozi Ebere and Ohale.

Honestly, the team needs to be rejigged and definitely, Payne and Ifeoma should become regulars.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by drDoom3(m): 4:10am On Jun 17, 2021
Asides our keeper and Ebi, then maybe Alozie, the rest were really disappointing. I expected Oshoala to be better at reading games, considering her experience. Coach looks 30% good tactically, 70% clueless.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by labas370(f): 4:11am On Jun 17, 2021
There are teams that we need to be playing each international break.. Romania, Serbia, Wales, Ukraine, Poland, Czech Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, Belarus etc will all be willing to have double friendlies with our SF..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by labas370(f): 4:13am On Jun 17, 2021
I don't think its same match we all watched.. this team that played today, I'd the had played like this against Jamaica, we would have trashed Jamaica..
All of them have good account of themselves.. I'm very proud of this team and very proud of the coach. He is tactically and technically better than rohr...

drDoom3:
Asides our keeper and Ebi, then maybe Alozie, the rest were really disappointing. I expected Oshoala to be better at reading games, considering her experience. Coach looks 30% good tactically, 70% clueless.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Clint02(m): 4:15am On Jun 17, 2021
labas370:
I don't think its same match we all watched.. this team that played today, I'd the had played like this against Jamaica, we would have trashed Jamaica..
All of them have good account of themselves.. I'm very proud of this team and very proud of the coach. He is tactically and technically better than rohr...

I don't think we would have trashed them. We simply would have played an all nil draw.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naijaseeker: 4:15am On Jun 17, 2021
labas370:

Maybe we expect so much from Oshoala. She is after all a single human being and yes, this is the US, she might not have even made their team so what exactly was she supposed to do?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by labas370(f): 4:22am On Jun 17, 2021
Dude, we would have trashed them... our defence is solid. What we miss in the midfield is a player like kante and we have that person in Payne's sister... she can charge for the ball. I would have preferred Gift to ifeoma. Okeke did well.. what we lacked at that game against Jamaica was defence organisation.. Ebi tried to do that against Portugal but wasn't that so perfect, but today, there was tremendous improvement.

Clint02:
I don't think we would have trashed them. We simply would have played an all nil draw.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by labas370(f): 4:25am On Jun 17, 2021
Men, Alozie was on fire. Lot of energy...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (1031) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.