Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,635 members, 7,801,833 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (235) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (786317 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) ... (1065) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 4:41pm On Sep 04, 2021
GeneralDae:

I don't understand this. Is Faith Ikidi still active? Still, about 25% of the players that were called to the training camp in July are missing, and where is the in form Ify Onumonu?

Faith Ikidi 34yrs is very much active, She's the heartbeat of Pitea IF Defence..

She alongside Anam IMO Plays for Pitea IF

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 5:08pm On Sep 04, 2021
Maybe she's injured , she didn't make leceister team today
PROVERBZ:
Ashley plumptre wasn't invited or she didn't want to play??

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 5:09pm On Sep 04, 2021
Can u tell what happen with onumonu , zogg and plumptre
Schemerkhiz:

Faith Ikidi 34yrs is very much active, She's the heartbeat of Pitea IF Defence..

She alongside Anam IMO Plays for Pitea IF

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:32pm On Sep 04, 2021
Ajibade Start as Atletico Madrid Femenino take on Rayo Vallecano

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:35pm On Sep 04, 2021
Ajibade scores

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:21pm On Sep 04, 2021
isan:
Can u tell what happen with onumonu , zogg and plumptre

Administrative reasons...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 10:24pm On Sep 04, 2021
How the heck is an old mama like Faith Ikidi still being considered for international call ups? Someone that has not even featured for Nigeria in over 3 years? What the heck is Ordega doing on the list?
Who on earth are these jokers recommending over the hill players to Randy Waldrum, when we should be building for the future? Nigerians want to watch exciting new and youthful players, not 40 something year old women. Faith Ikidi? I mean, seriously
Schemerkhiz:
Nigeria name 23-woman provisional list for tournament

Head Coach Randy Waldrum has named a 23-woman provisional list for the maiden edition of the Aisha Buhari Invitational Women’s Tournament, taking place in the City of Lagos, 13th – 21st of this month.

The list includes first choice goalkeeper Chiamaka, defenders Onome Ebi and Osinachi Ohale, midfielders Ngozi Okobi-Okeoghene and forwards Asisat Oshoala, Francisca Ordega and Rasheedat Ajibade.

THE FULL LIST

Goalkeepers: Tochukwu Oluehi (Maccabi Kishronot Hadera, Israel); Chiamaka Nnadozie (Paris FC, France); Yewande Balogun (California Storm, USA)

Defenders: Onome Ebi (Minsk FC, Belarus); Glory Ogbonna (Umea FC, Sweden); Osinachi Ohale (Deportivo Alaves, Spain); Faith Ikidi (Pitea DFF, Sweden); Michelle Alozie (Houston Dash, USA); Akudo Ogbonna (Edo Queens); Oluwatosin Demehin (Rivers Angels)

Midfielders: Rita Chikwelu (Madrid CFF, Spain); Ngozi Okobi-Okeoghene (Eskilstuna United, Sweden); Tony Payne (Sevilla FC, Spain); Regina Otu (Minsk FC, Belarus); Goodness Onyebuchi (Edo Queens); Joy Bokiri (AIK Sweden FC, Sweden)

Forwards: Asisat Oshoala (FC Barcelona, Spain); Rasheedat Ajibade (Atletico Madrid, Spain); Francisca Ordega (CSKA Moscow, Russia); Gift Monday (FC Robo Queens); Uchenna Kanu (Linkopings FC, Sweden); Desire Oparanozie (Dijon FC, France); Esther Okoronkwo (Saint Etienne, France)

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 10:28pm On Sep 04, 2021
Roosa Ariyo debuts for UD Tenerife Grandilla against Barcelona.
Came on in the 59th min.
Full Match here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT5hal5BaU8

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 11:02pm On Sep 04, 2021
AkinDS:
How the heck is an old mama like Faith Ikidi still being considered for international call ups? Someone that has not even featured for Nigeria in over 3 years? What the heck is Ordega doing on the list?
Who on earth are these jokers recommending over the hill players to Randy Waldrum, when we should be building for the future? Nigerians want to watch exciting new and youthful players, not 40 something year old women. Faith Ikidi? I mean, seriously

Faith Ikidi is just 34yrs and she's at least younger than 1 player in the List and of thesame age group with about 5 of them present in the list..
She Plays regular 90minutes in the Swedish Obos DAMALLSVENSKAN for Pitea IF..

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Olulong(m): 11:20pm On Sep 04, 2021
Schemerkhiz:

Administrative reasons...

Can you explain further pls. Because I thought they already played for us so what administrative issues if I may ask
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Banuso99: 1:13am On Sep 05, 2021
Desire Oparanozie scored for Dijon DCO against GPSO 92 Issy in the 49th mins.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 12:02pm On Sep 05, 2021
Can upload ajibade goal ?
AkinDS:
Roosa Ariyo debuts for UD Tenerife Grandilla against Barcelona.
Came on in the 59th min.
Full Match here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT5hal5BaU8
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by marvin906(m): 1:24pm On Sep 05, 2021
I guess most of their clubs won't release them

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 4:15pm On Sep 05, 2021
Olulong:

Can you explain further pls. Because I thought they already played for us so what administrative issues if I may ask

Ifeoma Onumonu is out for Personal reasons...

As For Ashleigh Plumptre, She is not injured. she can't play for us yet. The matches (Aisha Buhari Invitational Tournament) are fifa approved matches and her clearance is not sorted yet. So, she's got to wait. However, the process will be sorted before October, according to NFF authorities. The biggest challenge was her passport which has now been sorted

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by marvin906(m): 4:54pm On Sep 05, 2021
Schemerkhiz:

As For Ashleigh Plumptre, She is not injured. she can't play for us yet. The matches (Aisha Buhari Invitational Tournament) are fifa approved matches and her clearance is not sorted yet. So, she's got to wait. However, the process will be sorted before October, according to NFF authorities. The biggest challenge was her passport which has now been sorted

What about zogg and Ariyo..
Is it because of their recent change of teams
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:20pm On Sep 05, 2021
Osinachi Ohale

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 5:23pm On Sep 05, 2021
Schemerkhiz:

My dancing Ashley

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Olulong(m): 5:57pm On Sep 05, 2021
Schemerkhiz:

Alright thanks boss

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:42pm On Sep 05, 2021
Evelyn Ijeh and Glory Ogbonna

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:49pm On Sep 05, 2021
Sc Sand Wing mistress waiting to get fit for games after recovering from a Leg (Tibia and Fibula) Fracture

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 11:49pm On Sep 05, 2021
Vicky Lopez Felix debuted today in Spanish league with Madrid CFF, who lost home 0-2 againt Athletic Bilbao. Vicky is just 15 ( the youngest player to play in the Spanish Iberdrola league of all time)

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 11:48pm On Sep 06, 2021
Aisha Buhari Cup gets new kickoff date

The maiden Aisha Buhari Invitational Women’s Football Tournament (Aisha Buhari Cup) early scheduled to officially kick-off on Monday, September 13 will now commence effectively on Wednesday, September 15 till Tuesday, September 21, 2021.

The slight shift in kick-off date is necessitated by two key factors, namely an expressed request by the participating teams that their foreign-based players would not be able to arrive in Lagos for the football showpiece any time earlier than Tuesday, September 14 and the world football governing body, FIFA’s Type 1 window stipulation that teams shall play two matches each with two full rest days between each match to possibly allow for players’ recovery in case of injury.

Accordingly to the Director of Organisation for the Aisha Buhari Cup, Aisha Falode the LOC acceded to the teams’ request and FIFA’s requirement due to the committee’s respect for the nation’s First Lady, Dr. (Mrs.) Aisha Buhari in whose name the high profile football showpiece wishes to honour as well avail the teams the necessary ambience and opportunity to hit the tournament venues with their various best legs.

“There is a slight change in kickoff date for the Aisha Buhari Cup, the invitational tournament will now run from September 15 – 21 against an early commencement schedule date, September 13 – 21, 2021. This is in compliance with the force majeure article in the tournament’s regulation – chapter 4, article 4.3.4. and article 51.1. Teams and their members of official delegation are to arrive in Nigeria on 13 September 2021.

“The participating teams requested for the slight change after they realised that their foreign-based players would not be able to arrive in Lagos earlier than Tuesday, September 14.

“The teams want to have their best legs available for the tournament especially as almost the teams are using the invitational tournament as preparations for the upcoming qualifiers for the Nation’s Cup.

“Again, there is the FIFA’s Type 1 window requirement that stipulates that teams shall play two matches each with two full rest days between each match to allow for players’ recovery from possible injury.

“The LOC has utmost respect for the nation’s First Lady, Dr. (Mrs.) Aisha Buhari in whose name and honour the invitational tournament is instituted and will key into measures and requests toward making it big for the teams,” said the renowned broadcast journalist.

The Aisha Buhari Foundation’s Future Assured Programme (FAP) focuses on women and girl-child as well as vulnerable people like widows, orphans and the disabled across the country. The programme involves training for entrepreneurial skills and provision of starter packs, conditional and unconditional cash transfers and provision of business tools.

The Aisha Buhari Cup is in honour of Nigeria’s First Lady, Dr. (Mrs.) Aisha Buhari and will be played by Africa’s powerhouses namely hosts, Nigeria, Cameroun, Ghana, South Africa, Mali and Morocco from September 15 – 21 in two stadia in Lagos, Mobolaji Johnson Arena, Onikan and the ‘Soccer Temple' Agege.

1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 11:50pm On Sep 06, 2021
Organizers announce MTN as Platinum Sponsor for Aisha Buhari Cup

The all-yellow fluorescence of Nigeria’s football firmament shone even brighter on Monday as the Local Organizing Committee announced that t...

https://onwardnews24..com/2021/09/organizers-announce-mtn-as-platinum.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:41am On Sep 07, 2021
Top Scorers in the US NWSL: Ifeoma Onumonu

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 9:48am On Sep 07, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Top Scorers in the US NWSL: Ifeoma Onumonu
Do you think this Ifeoma Onumonu is really interested in the super falcons? I mean like the likes of Alozie and Plumptre?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:53am On Sep 07, 2021
She has played for us already. 'Was at the US summer series. Schemerkhiz has been giving her Mentions page by page naa. She is one of us.

GeneralDae:

Do you think this Ifeoma Onumonu is really interested in the super falcons? I mean like the likes of Alozie and Plumptre?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 9:56am On Sep 07, 2021
She has played for nigeria but only friendlies , still eligible for usa
GeneralDae:

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 10:22am On Sep 07, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
She has played for us already. 'Was at the US summer series. Schemerkhiz has been giving her Mentions page by page naa. She is one of us.

I know, but I am speaking of her interest in the national team. For example, she seem not to really care much nor does she seem so enthusiastic. Maybe I'm just the one overthinking things sha.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 10:23am On Sep 07, 2021
isan:
She has played for nigeria but only friendlies , still eligible for usa
I know she played in the summer series.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:41am On Sep 07, 2021
Well, we have one in here who works closely with the team, Schemerkhiz. I read where he said she opted out of the Aisha buhari cup list for personal reasons. So I am not so sure. I believe he should have more info on if Ifeoma still has Nigeria in mind for future engagements.

And I understand your fears. You thinking maybe with her doing so well in the NWSL, she could maybe be considering the US option right? Well, time will tell.

GeneralDae:

I know, but I am speaking of her interest in the national team. For example, she seem not to really care much nor does she seem so enthusiastic. Maybe I'm just the one overthinking things sha.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 11:12am On Sep 07, 2021
Oluwashina Okeleji @oluwashina

Ex-England youth star Ashleigh Plumptre picked up Nigerian passport as she prepares to fly with @NGSuper_Falcons. Tim Plumptre: “A very complicated process. The most difficult task to navigate through. I’ve now ensured that our Nigerian heritage link will continue past my life.”

https://mobile.twitter.com/oluwashina/status/1433133825622749189

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 11:13am On Sep 07, 2021
More

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) ... (1065) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: solonnachi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.