Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,739 members, 7,802,250 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:35 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (241) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (786738 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (1065) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 4:33pm On Sep 21, 2021
CornOak:

There's nothing spectacular about this South African side.

The two goals clearly came from our players' mistakes.

Aside from this, the Super Falcons have dominated the game all day long.

I believe we'll come from behind to win the game. wink

Thank you for the plain Truth...
Nothing Spectacular about them our errors cost us those two goals...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 4:37pm On Sep 21, 2021
Kanu should have passed there!!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 4:44pm On Sep 21, 2021
0-3 shocked
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 4:45pm On Sep 21, 2021
This is unbelievable..... Nigeria (0)-(3) South Africa
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by marvin906(m): 4:45pm On Sep 21, 2021
Some of these old ladies need to go
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 4:47pm On Sep 21, 2021
marvin906:
Some of these old ladies need to go
Especially Rita Chikwelu
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 4:48pm On Sep 21, 2021
No style of play just hoof the ball to the top
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 4:51pm On Sep 21, 2021
How many opportunities with oparonozie need to score... Azizat is absent... Alozie is not a natural right back from the way she plays.... Great lesson for super falcons ahead of qualifiers and afcon... Also time for the coached to make bold moves, some playets time at the national team should come to an end or atleast move to the bench...

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 4:51pm On Sep 21, 2021
PDPGuy:

Especially Rita Chikwelu
... Yeap...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 4:52pm On Sep 21, 2021
PDPGuy:

Especially Rita Chikwelu
... Since the usa summer series, she has slowed down much..

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 4:53pm On Sep 21, 2021
A weakened Ghanaian team? Ghana didn't concede 3 goals in the first half.
Like I said, we may be withnessing a dramatic changing of the guard in African women's football.
South Africa has played and is playing the BEST football in this tournament. Its not about gra-gra (Nigeria), its about playing intelligently and taking your opportunities (South Africa). That's how you become a world class team. Kudos to Desire Ellis who has built a very strong SA team over the years.

Nigeria is still relying on the likes of Chikwelu, Oparanozie, Ordega who are not only tired legs, but have been scouted for years by other African teams, to the extent they know their every singular move. Time to change out the old guard.

Lets hope this doesn't end up worse, as nothing stops the SA team from scoring more goals
CoolJulian:

They are playing the best football cos they defeated that weakened Ghanaian team? From the highlights I watched, I did not notice anything special in their play, or... You watched the full match?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 4:54pm On Sep 21, 2021
Schemerkhiz:
This is unbelievable..... Nigeria (0)-(3) South Africa

it is believable bros, there is no cohesion, no urgency, no nothing in the playing patterns,

worst still the front line is not helping matters, Desire, Oshoala, and Many, are playing as if there were on a training practice, in fact the whole team, save the keeper is shit
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by justicechichex: 4:56pm On Sep 21, 2021
justicechichex:
South Africa's
female football is improving by the day. 9ja should watch out for them. See the way they torn apart this Ghanaian Ladies.

I said it oh and it's happening. Those SA gals are playing beautiful football and I think they're taking over from Nigeria in terms of giants of women football in Africa.. I'm not wasting my precious data in watching that 2nd half mbok...

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 4:56pm On Sep 21, 2021
Looking at some of the first half key stats:
Shots on target (Nigeria (0) - (6) South Africa)
Corner Kicks (Nigeria (2) - (3) South Africa)
Goalkeeper Saves (Nigeria (3) - (0) South Africa)

The SA keeper was pretty much on holidays. Talk about a dominating performance by SA, in our own backyard!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 5:04pm On Sep 21, 2021
I had said this many months ago that the likes of Oparanozie, Ordega, Chikwelu, Okobi and several of the old guard need to be dispensed with. People here were arguing.
Hope y'all now see what's happening - SA has refreshed its team with the likes of Salgado, Magaia, Kgatite and other new faces, who have blended and integrated into the team seamlessly and made them even stronger. Nigerians were fighting and loosing sleep over Oparanozie being left out.
Nigerians always love living in the past.
carbonado:
How many opportunities with oparonozie need to score... Azizat is absent... Alozie is not a natural right back from the way she plays.... Great lesson for super falcons ahead of qualifiers and afcon... Also time for the coached to make bold moves, some playets time at the national team should come to an end or atleast move to the bench...

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 5:06pm On Sep 21, 2021
Vivian Ikechukwu pulls one back from a brilliant cross from Gift Monday. New, younger players.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by CornOak(m): 5:12pm On Sep 21, 2021
AkinDS:
Vivian Ikechukwu pulls one back from a brilliant cross from Gift Monday. New, younger players.

She pulls another sensational one back.

Nigeria 2 - 3 South Africa

I maintain my stance, we'll come from behind to win this game. cheesy
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 5:13pm On Sep 21, 2021
Fantastic goal from Obianuju Ikechukwu (Vivian). Fantastic goal!!!
Young player, again.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by marvin906(m): 5:25pm On Sep 21, 2021
This coach needs to brutal with he's decisions..
It's time for most of these players to leave the team..
We need young blood..
If this team jam the Zambia of Olympics na God go save us

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Tolulopefinest(m): 5:26pm On Sep 21, 2021
Is it that Oshoala can't be substituted?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 5:29pm On Sep 21, 2021
Looks like Regina Otu that's injured. Darn!
Tolulopefinest:

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 5:30pm On Sep 21, 2021
Oshoala has been a complete joke in this tournament.
Very mediocre performance by her.
Tolulopefinest:

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 5:40pm On Sep 21, 2021
Okobi, dribbling unnecessarily and losing the ball.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 5:43pm On Sep 21, 2021
This woman has been short 1 since she came in.
AkinDS:
Okobi, dribbling unnecessarily and losing the ball.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by otokx(m): 5:51pm On Sep 21, 2021
Disappointed at what I am seeing on TV, South Africans are simply dominating
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by otokx(m): 5:52pm On Sep 21, 2021
CornOak:

She pulls another sensational one back.

Nigeria 2 - 3 South Africa

I maintain my stance, we'll come from behind to win this game. cheesy

Na so

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by samtol4(m): 5:53pm On Sep 21, 2021
otokx:

Na so
hahaha
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by CornOak(m): 5:54pm On Sep 21, 2021
otokx:

Na so

Naso my brother. grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by marvin906(m): 5:56pm On Sep 21, 2021
AkinDS:
Oshoala has been a complete joke in this tournament.
Very mediocre performance by her.

When she's on the national team..
She becomes below average..
What happened to Ariyo,Esther okonkwo, Patricia goerge we need young bloods
And for heaven sakes play alozie in her position
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Divepen1(m): 5:57pm On Sep 21, 2021
:PI started watching from the second half. Luck was on the side of the South Africans.

Our girls need to learn how to tactically penetrate defense and not just trying out the flanks.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by CornOak(m): 6:02pm On Sep 21, 2021
Divepen1:
:PI started watching from the second half. Luck was on the side of the South Africans.

Our girls need to learn how to tactically penetrate defense and not just trying out the flanks.

There were also too many long balls.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Wizzzzmike: 6:10pm On Sep 21, 2021
Nigerians you talk to much lol...when SA beat Ghana. You guys was all over insulting weak Ghanaians. Now first half u chop 3 full time you chop 4-2 lol grin grin grin grin grin. Ghana no chop 3 goal in first half lol with our weak team lol

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (1065) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.