Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,343 members, 7,808,209 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:46 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (479) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (792832 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) ... (1068) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by COOL10(m): 3:30am On Aug 12, 2022
Deltamani:

FLOURISHE SABASTINE

Alright, cool.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 3:30am On Aug 12, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Increase the volume for those at the back. This is what makes this Victory quite huge for our girls. They played against actual pros in some of the best sides in the women's game in Europe.

Plus the French girls are European Champs.

Increase thy volume.... although it's not eureka yet. But still Increase am. grin
grin grin grin

We gats Buganate!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 3:31am On Aug 12, 2022
#U20WWC | Flourish Sabastine (joint top-scorer in the African qualifiers) extends fine form, scoring a late winner to lift the Falconets past France in World Cup opener. Fine start that.

FT: FRA 0-1 NGA [Sabastine 85']

NGA's next group matches
14/08 vs Korea Republic
17/08 vs Canada

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by COOL10(m): 3:31am On Aug 12, 2022
mostob:
.... Anyhow you called it boss.... anyhow cheesy

All join cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 3:32am On Aug 12, 2022
COOL10:

Is everything properly resolved now?
Since none of the two are listed anyway. Then it seems so. None can lay claim to her right now or after this WC.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 3:33am On Aug 12, 2022
mostob:
she gave him wine? Oops... Hesgoal just went off immediately after the whistle.
No o. I just add am aspa french culture ni o grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Pidginwhisper: 3:34am On Aug 12, 2022
Deltamani:
Statistics
Na only foul dem carry pass us grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 3:35am On Aug 12, 2022
daveP:
Since none of the two are listed anyway. Then it seems so. None can lay claim to her right now or after this WC.

If there are Offers on the way to Flourish Sabastine, I'm very much certain non between Bayelsa Queens and Edo Queens have right to her, Maybe her guardian (Management) might get the little tip( Sign on fee) if any.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by COOL10(m): 3:35am On Aug 12, 2022
daveP:

That's good. I want to see her in Europe after this tournament.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Pidginwhisper: 3:36am On Aug 12, 2022
mostob:
grin grin grin Guy.... Wtf
You no see as she hold am tight grin. She see fine boy she fog! grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 3:36am On Aug 12, 2022
During the rain break, i was chanced to see the usa vs Ghana game. The quality is low o. Usa are poor defensively. Their gk still try small. Ghana na otubfor back.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 3:39am On Aug 12, 2022
Schemerkhiz:

If there are Offers on the way to Flourish Sabastine, I'm very much certain non between Bayelsa Queens and Edo Queens have right to her, Maybe her guardian (Management) might get the little tip( Sign on fee) if any.
Most likely. She can join Ucheibe or Rasheedat. Or Barca. She's really really impressive.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 3:39am On Aug 12, 2022
hatakekakashi:

I think they are. The commentator also mentioned that we and them are favorites to qualify from the group.
Canada doesn't feel like joke to me and South Korea have won it twice before. Another thing is these teams change quickly.

But you're right. France was in pot 1. So that's a good thing.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 3:41am On Aug 12, 2022
COOL10:

That's good. I want to see her in Europe after this tournament.
The commentators couldn't even hide their excitement about her style of play throughout. Tricky, fast, composed. A big club will definitely turn eyes after this big win. They'll want to see how we did it again some of the top girls of European club football.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 3:41am On Aug 12, 2022
Pidginwhisper:
You no see as she hold am tight grin. She see fine boy she fog! grin
grin grin grin grin chai.... Wetin you expect? The weather was cold then.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 3:42am On Aug 12, 2022
daveP:
No o. I just add am aspa french culture ni o grin
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 3:44am On Aug 12, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Canada doesn't feel like joke to me and South Korea have won it twice before. Another thing is these teams change quickly.

But you're right. France was in pot 1. So that's a good thing.

Not cos we won france, but forget that history aspect. See how Columbia schooled Germany days back? Time and quality has passed under this bridge o. Lol. It felt like u17 to me, i won't like. I'm so used to the Oshoala and Dike set of u20-intensity and all, that it's hard to accept this is currently u20.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:47am On Aug 12, 2022
Falconets: The Ball Playing Jugglers

In this game, The Falconets outpassed the French team. We recorded 295 passes as against the French's 259 passes.

Also, our passing accuracy was 57% as against the French's 54%.

Ball possession: Nigeria's 54% vs France's 46%.

Not yet eureka, but another fine generation of ball passers and ballplaying marvels are coming up strong.

Hoping for even better performances from the lasses in subsequent games.

Shoutout to other less mentioned ladies like Bashirat Amoo (#11), another hardworker and fine passer in the middle and towards to left midfield channel and Joy Jerry (#20), ball carrier on the wings (esp the RW) who also put in decent shifts today.

As for this lass below.... she is surely going to the top.

FIFA+ commentators and analysts rightfully termed her, "....the finest finisher in Africa at this level"

See you all in the next game. wink

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 3:53am On Aug 12, 2022
These koreans though

How dem dey take see?

Is that coach male or female cos.....

Smith is the key player for canada. Energetic. Korea sabi this positioning. We gats respect them truly.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 3:56am On Aug 12, 2022
Deltamani:

Ramat Imuran… LB
Rosin Demehin… CB
Deborah Abeodun… B2B
Esther Onyenezide… AM
Flourishe Sabastine… LW

Joy Jerry, Mercy Idoko, Blessing Okpe, Chinyere Kalu can also be a major surprise to us..!

You can also take a look at Monle Omini, who I see as a low budget Alaba Jonathan

This 5 Players i singled out didn’t disappoint at all, they played to expectations and they will definitely do more as the tournament progresses…

Mercy Idoko was the major Surprise among my surprise packages…

Goalkeeper Monle Omini really need a good stepping up to do, I’m not expecting any goalie from this Squad in the Superfalcons set up anytime soon…

But the U17 will definitely provide one if not the two for the future later this year (First and Second Choice) with their excellent heights..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 4:02am On Aug 12, 2022
Flourish still put Bayelsa queens on her twitter bio though.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:14am On Aug 12, 2022
The Canadian side are the better side to me with 40minutes home… South Korea not doing badly too
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 4:29am On Aug 12, 2022
Good win for the Falconets!

They’ve now won 7 out of 8 competitive games from the beginning of the WC qualifiers last September.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 4:52am On Aug 12, 2022
The Falconets next game v. South Korea, on Sunday, kicks off at 9pm Nigerian time
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 4:54am On Aug 12, 2022
Just 10 minutes before kickoff and i slept off just to wake up this morning cheesy
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by maidaboi(m): 8:27am On Aug 12, 2022
isan:
Just 10 minutes before kickoff and i slept off just to wake up this morning cheesy
lol the delay help me to watch the second half
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 8:31am On Aug 12, 2022
daveP:
Flourish still put Bayelsa queens on her twitter bio though.

It would be good if Bayelsa queens can get her and Gift Monday to be part of their CAF champions league campaign... It won't make sense for us to be dominating women football at the national level but can't do same at club level ..
At least, Monday and Sabastine still have plenty of time before they move to Europe...

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Samueltemi337(m): 8:43am On Aug 12, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

In this game, The Falconets outpassed the French team. We recorded 295 passes as against the French's 259 passes.

Not yet eureka, but another fine generation of ball passers and ballplaying marvels are coming up strong.

Shoutout to other less mentioned ladies like Bashirat Amoo (#11), another hardworker and fine passer in the middle and towards to left midfield channel and Joy Jerry (#20), ball carrier on the wings (esp the RW) who also put in decent shifts today.

FIFA+ commentators and analysts rightfully termed her, "....the finest finisher in Africa at this level"

This Flourish Sabastine looks like Monday gift facially
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 8:43am On Aug 12, 2022
Gift monday has gone back to her club Robo fc
Danielnino00:

It would be good if Bayelsa queens can get her and Gift Monday to be part of their CAF champions league campaign... It won't make sense for us to be dominating women football at the national level but can't do same at club level ..
At least, Monday and Sabastine still have plenty of time before they move to Europe...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 8:44am On Aug 12, 2022
How do u stream with FIFA+ i tried it with the south Korea match all i got is live update
TheSuperNerd:

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 8:45am On Aug 12, 2022
isan:
Gift monday has gone back to her club Robo fc

If Bayelsa are smart, they would work on getting her back..She was the main reason they won the super 6 in the first place...Won't make sense not to be part of the champions league
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 8:46am On Aug 12, 2022
I don't think Monday would would fancy it though she will want to play in Europe now
Danielnino00:

If Bayelsa are smart, they would work on getting her back..She was the main reason they won the super 6 in the first place...Won't make sense not to be part of the champions league

(1) (2) (3) ... (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) ... (1068) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.