Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,113 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:21 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (540) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (792789 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) ... (1068) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:16pm On Oct 06, 2022
Turkey �� Women's Super League , first division

https://tff.org/default.aspx?pageID=1000

Turkcell Women's Football Super League 2022-2023 Season Groups Declared

Group A

Hatayspor
Black Sea Ereğli Municipal Sports
Hakkarigüsports
Dudullu sport
Fatih National Sports
Altay
Alot track
Beşiktaş Vodafone
Wulfz Fatih Karagümruk

Group B

Adana Sports and Sports
Ankara Formget
Amed Sports activities
Lime Nose
Ataşehir Municipal Sports
Host Municipal Sports
Trabzon dispute
Fenerbahçe Petrol Office
Galatasaray Petrol Office
Bitexen 1207 Antalyaspor
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:18pm On Oct 06, 2022
do4luv14:
The Japanese are pacy and Ruthless, the Japanese will flog us, The Japanese dis, dat,

Yet it took two helping from the Ref, For them to beat us,

yet Randy must go, Waldron, must fly, dis, day,
it's few months to the WC for crying out loud, we no go learn

Randy Waldrum can’t do more than this…. He must gooooooo…. If it was one of the Ex-internationals or One of the Nigerian based Coach that is losing up and down… His or her letter wouldn’t be printed sef, na from match Venue e go gone Houx

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 5:20pm On Oct 06, 2022
do4luv14:
The Japanese are pacy and Ruthless, the Japanese will flog us, The Japanese dis, dat,

Yet it took two helping from the Ref, For them to beat us,

yet Randy must go, Waldron, must fly, dis, day,
it's few months to the WC for crying out loud, we no go learn

You're missing out on the big picture... The essence of friendly games isn't entirely to win.. It is for experiments.. To test certain players,formations and tactics... Can you sincerely say that Randy has made good use of all the friendlies he has taken charge of with the girls? What positives can you derive so far?

Sacking him now would do us a lot of good ..

It's like you don't realize how bad the super falcons have become of late...

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:26pm On Oct 06, 2022
Danielnino00:

You're missing out on the big picture... The essence of friendly games isn't entirely to win.. It is for experiments.. To test certain players,formations and tactics... Can you sincerely say that Randy has made good use of all the friendlies he has taken charge of with the girls? What positives can you derive so far?

Don’t mind that guy…. Randy Waldrum is the team major problem right now…!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 5:42pm On Oct 06, 2022
Deltamani:

Randy Waldrum can’t do more than this…. He must gooooooo…. If it was one of the Ex-internationals or One of the Nigerian based Coach that is losing up and down… His or her letter wouldn’t be printed sef, na from match Venue e go gone Houx

No cap...We pamper foreign coaches too much in this country.....
In the first place, Randy wasn't qualified to coach a team like the super falcons...The most successful national team in Africa for that matter!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 5:43pm On Oct 06, 2022
Deltamani:

Don’t mind that guy…. Randy Waldrum is the team major problem right now…!

Oshare I don become that guy abi, issoky
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 5:45pm On Oct 06, 2022
Danielnino00:

Ok, my major point is that I don't want Another AE again, that's why I weather he took them there, then after it should be labor, fired
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 5:52pm On Oct 06, 2022
do4luv14:

Ok, my major point is that I don't want Another AE again, that's why I weather he took them there, then after it should be labor, fired

Eguavon appointment was Pinnick's fault.. You admitted it yourself that Pinnick failed woefully in the area of appointing coaches.. He did the same with the super falcons when Dennerby was sacked and Chris Danjuma was appointed to coach the girls for the Olympics qualifiers...Danjuma that has no tangible record or achievement in coaching.. it's the same way he retained Salisu Yusuf in the coaching crew even after the corruption ban.. Let's not forget the likes of Imama and Aigbohun...

Eguavon had no business coaching the team..Even though he failed to deliver the target, we still saw some improvement in our overall performance under him ..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 5:55pm On Oct 06, 2022
Danielnino00:

Eguavon appointment was Pinnick's fault.. You admitted it yourself that Pinnick failed woefully in the area of appointing coaches.. He did the same with the super falcons when Dennerby was sacked and Chris Danjuma was appointed to coach the girls for the Olympics qualifiers...Danjuma that has no tangible record or achievement in coaching.. it's the same way he retained Salisu Yusuf in the coaching crew even after the corruption ban.. Let's not forget the likes of Imama and Aigbohun...

Eguavon had no business coaching the team..Even though he failed to deliver the target, we still saw some improvement in our overall performance under him ..

Wait, I don't think Thomas Dennerby was Sacked, did he not resigned to take up Indian national coaching Job
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 6:18pm On Oct 06, 2022
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew....nonsense......
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:47pm On Oct 06, 2022
do4luv14:

Wait, I don't think Thomas Dennerby was Sacked, did he not resigned to take up Indian national coaching Job

He resigned, due to some interference from some strong headed person’s

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:51pm On Oct 06, 2022
Danielnino00:

I can only clamour for a top notch Foreign Coach with a World Class CV, if they can’t get that, they should go for Superfalcons Ex-internationals who are Coaching especially those based abroad…

I can’t clamour for the likes of Edwin Okon and Chris Danjuma
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:27pm On Oct 06, 2022
Florence Omagbem —— USA
Mercy Akide Udoh ——- USA
Perpetual Nkwocha —— Sweden
Ayisat Aromira Yusuf —— Finland

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:28pm On Oct 06, 2022
#FIFAWWCbuildup

Wolfsburg playmaker Eva Pajor nets long-range opener; meanwhile, Egypt lead at the break courtesy of Mahira Ali's goal (good to see even the non World Cup-bound sides like Egypt observe the inter'nl break).

HT: Poland 1-0 Morocco

HT: Egypt 1-0 Jordan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sACDXmiUvtQ

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 7:47pm On Oct 06, 2022
Deltamani:

CC: Danielnino
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 7:47pm On Oct 06, 2022
Deltamani:

CC: Danielnino
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 8:14pm On Oct 06, 2022
Edwin Okon
What better football are you talking about? 3-3 tie with Sweden? That was the highlight of his career. He flubbed big time against Australia and of course, lost to the US. How can you be a 'good coach', yet, according to you, be tactically unsound? The performance was more individual input and performance on the part of the girls. Lets be objective, please.

Florence Omagbemi
Can't know how good she was, as she really only had continental opposition which, for all intents and purposes, was average at best at the time. I am basing this on the performances of the African teams at the World Cup which, for me, is really the benchmark to measure against. I believe her success was also based on her riding the wave of a previously dominant Nigeria women's football on the continent. That dominance has since been challenged, especially with the significant investments made by countries like Zambia, Morrocco and South Africa in women's football. Not sure she would make a difference, if any, on our current team and their performance. Also, has she increased her knowledge of the game, which has since evolved significantly since 2016? Not sure.

So called 'World Class' coach
For the umpteenth time, Nigeria will not get a Pia Sundhagen or any other supposed 'WC coach'. Why? Nigeria cannot afford such a coach. Pinnick was right in ignoring the recommendations you made (which you sighted in a previous comment). You cannot pay your players or your local coaches for months and you want to hire a WC coach who would cost millions of dollars? That makes absolutely NO sense at all.

Waldrum
As Waldrum stated, he has created a deeper and much more competitive team, compared to ALL his predecessors. Nigerian women's football have NEVER had the quality of depth it possesses at this point in time, thanks to Randy. For years, we kept playing the same old players over and over again - now they are mostly burned out. These friendlies are to test, especially your new players, against quality opposition and they have availed themselves very well. I thought they dominated proceedings against Japan in this match. For the record, Japan is ranked 11th in the world. Win or lose, as far as I am concerned, Randy's approach has been very successful. I am very optimistic that this team will do well or better than previous performances. Nigerian's need to stop looking for instantaneous gratification and learn to patiently build a team.
Deltamani:

Play terrible like how?

Edwin Okon played better football with the Ladies, just that he wasn’t that tactically Sound…

Florence Omagbemi was better, pacy football and knowing when to punish their opponents but she didn’t stay long….

If they can’t get us a Coach like the Moroccan side coach, let them bring in Omagbemi and Mercy Akide or either of the two…

Enough of Randy Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 8:24pm On Oct 06, 2022
Saboteurs everywhere.. lol

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by labas370(f): 8:41pm On Oct 06, 2022
Oh my God... I can't believe someone with his right senses will be bold and proud to defend this useless thing this coach have been doing and also supportive of all the stupid coaches NFF have been hiring. AkinsDS, this is not a matter of everyone have his or her own opinion.

This you just put up there, is calling black white. I'm sorry, it's either you are benefitting from the NFF/coach corruption or you are Pinnick.

For God sake, how can someone be supportive of this coach?

Paying coaches and players is very easy to do. Just admit it that corruption in NFF which you are supporting is what is hindering it.

AkinDS:
Edwin Okon
What better football are you talking about? 3-3 tie with Sweden? That was the highlight of his career. He flubbed big time against Australia and of course, lost to the US. How can you be a 'good coach', yet, according to you, be tactically unsound? The performance was more individual input and performance on the part of the girls. Lets be objective, please.

Florence Omagbemi
Can't know how good she was, as she really only had continental opposition which, for all intents and purposes, was average at best at the time. I am basing this on the performances of the African teams at the World Cup which, for me, is really the benchmark to measure against. I believe her success was also based on her riding the wave of a previously dominant Nigeria women's football on the continent. That dominance has since been challenged, especially with the significant investments made by countries like Zambia, Morrocco and South Africa in women's football. Not sure she would make a difference, if any, on our current team and their performance. Also, has she increased her knowledge of the game, which has since evolved significantly since 2016? Not sure.

For the umpteenth time, Nigeria will not get a Pia Sundhagen or any other supposed 'WC coach'. Why? Nigeria cannot afford such a coach. Pinnick was right in ignoring the recommendations you made (which you sighted in a previous comment). You cannot pay your players or your local coaches for months and you want to hire a WC coach who would cost millions of dollars? That makes absolutely NO sense at all.

Waldrum
As Waldrum stated, he has created a deeper and much more competitive team, compared to ALL his predecessors. Nigerian women's football have NEVER had the quality of depth it possesses at this point in time, thanks to Randy. For years, we kept playing the same old players over and over again - now they are mostly burned out. These friendlies are to test, especially your new players, against quality opposition and they have availed themselves very well. I thought they dominated proceedings against Japan in this match. For the record, Japan is ranked 11th in the world. Win or lose, as far as I am concerned, Randy's approach has been very successful. I am very optimistic that this team will do well or better than previous performances. Nigerian's need to stop looking for instantaneous gratification and learn to patiently build a team.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:42pm On Oct 06, 2022
Morocco managed to largely contain Wolfsburg playmaker Ewa Pajor & Co. in the opening half but two quick goals after the break buried the game. Morocco meet Canada (who were also in action today) next: Monday, 10/10

FT: Poland 4-0 Morocco
Pajor 33'
Padilla-Bidas 52'
Wrobel 57'
Karczewska 87'

FT: Canada 2-0 Argentina
Santana 69' (OG), Cloe 87'
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:47pm On Oct 06, 2022
AkinDS:
Edwin Okon

Florence Omagbemi

Waldrum

Is this Coming from you or Someone else typed this using AKinDS??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 8:50pm On Oct 06, 2022
Deltamani:

Is this Coming from you or Someone else typed this using AKinDS??

I'm surprised you're surprised at his submission. AkinDS has consistently held brief for Randy Waldrum and for whatever reason have a negative bias towards local coaches. His arguments sadly isn't based on fact, he probably believes it has to be white to the right.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:52pm On Oct 06, 2022
COPIED

Five Observations from Nigeria’s 2-0 defeat to Japan

By Tope Adefala

Tanaka scoring her second goal
If you were expecting the Super Falcons to beat Nadeshiko, you were asking for too much.
I mean, how do you go into a friendly against the 11th-ranked team in the world in their home stadium without real training as a group?

In the first training, only eight players participated, the second training only 15 players participated.

The team eventually got 19 players, but 4 players arrived after the team concluded their training.

Apart from the incomplete squad, and not training together as a team, here are five other observations by SportsRation from Nigeria’s 2-0 loss to Japan.

1. Chiamaka Nnadozie remains the best in Africa
Chiamaka didn’t get a clean sheet as she has been doing at her club but she gave 100% effort against Japan.

If not for her, the Super Falcons’ scoreline would have been worse.

She made three important saves in the first half including a 1v1, she was solid in the second half as well.

But was beaten by a training ground routine freekick and penalty – she shared no blames for both goals.

2. Ifeoma Onumonu is not offering much
Only coach Randy Waldrum understands his decision to always play Ifeoma, even when she is tired or not offering much to the team.

Again, she was on the pitch the entire match when she was clearly not helping the team as a focal point.

While it is true that she didn’t get too many balls, when got them, she did nothing with the balls.

She was constantly bullied off the ball and looked tired every time.

If the coach will always play her, she needs to step up and be a focal point indeed, right now, she is not offering anything to the team.

3. Wasting Uchenna Kanu on the flanks
Coach Randy Waldrum understands why he prefers to always play Ifeoma Onumonu as the central forward over Uchenna Kanu even when the latter has shown to be the better striker.

Uchenna Kanu playing on the flank when she can do a better job than Ifeoma Onumonu as the number 9 is baffling.

To me, it is wasting a talented striker on the flank. She would link up better, and be sharper in front of the goal but Waldrum keeps using her on the flanks.

4. Waldrum substitutions were poor
Before Christy Ucheibe’s injury, Nigeria were very much in the game. Though Japan were the only team close to scoring a goal, the Falcons were still competing.

When she got injured, coach Waldrum replaced her with Vivian Ikechukwu, and told Rasheedat Ajibade to move from the flanks into the midfield.

Ikechukwu replaced Ajibade on the flanks, but she was very poor. Ikechukwu didn’t help the team as she kept turning over the ball.

Taking out Ngozi Okobi is understandable considering she joined the team less than 15 hours into the friendly game.

Her replacement, Peace Effih didn’t offer much and this left the team exposed it wasn’t a coincidence that Japan got their first goal shortly after.

The second two minutes later.

No room for either Esther Onyenezide or Flourish Sabastine.

5. This team has not improved
I believe most people didn’t expect Nigeria to beat Japan, but at least show passion, and string good passes.

Play just like they did in the second friendly against the USA, it just looked like the team was bereft of ideas.

Like no technical input and they just do whatever they like on the pitch.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:41pm On Oct 06, 2022
Chiamaka Nnadozie have established herself as one of the best players in the world in her position. A consistent keeper, Considered to be one of the best goalkeepers in the world by several pundits, Nnadozie is a tall, athletic, and physically strong keeper. She is mainly known for her quick reflexes, and agility, as well as her reading of the game, and in particular, her excellent handling and ability to come off her line and collect crosses, which enables her to excel in the air and command her area effectively. She has also been praised in the media for his work-rate, outstanding positioning, footwork, shot-stopping abilities, and composure in goal, as well as her overall consistency, leadership, and ability to instill a sense of confidence in her team's back-line.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:23pm On Oct 07, 2022
Nigeria's Flamingoes have arrived in Goa, after a five-hour stopover in Mumbai.

The players and officials have settled at Grand Hyyat Hotel ahead of India 2022 FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 4:41pm On Oct 07, 2022
Deltamani:
Nigeria's Flamingoes have arrived in Goa, after a five-hour stopover in Mumbai.

The players and officials have settled at Grand Hyyat Hotel ahead of India 2022 FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup.

I believe they'll do better than the Falconets. Rooting for them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:38pm On Oct 07, 2022
Deborah Abiodun's performance vs Japan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqQVRGK4iFc

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Matrixlord2021: 5:59pm On Oct 07, 2022
There is something with the super falcons.
They can't score from open play!
Why are we having this problem,no player can take a long range shot from outside the box.
They lack options connecting dangerous set pieces and startling opponents !
Why always these things?
Is it because there is no play maker or there is no one to think about what to do when going forward?
The last u20 never lacked scoring options from open play but lacked defense when it mattered most.
I noticed the super falcons sometimes don't know what to do and no one is willing to go forward and to tackle or steal passes from opponents and take advantage of it.
This is just the thing I have noticed.
When last did any one score from a header,a free kick or from open play or from a defensive error from their opponents ?
Why did we concede two goals ?
We fail to read passes of our opponents and to know what they think and how they place themselves.
These are the things I noticed and it seems there is no way it can stop because it is a mentality
Ifeoma onumonu is not scoring as before and it's just the same issue.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 8:06pm On Oct 07, 2022
USWNT VS ENGLAND is on at the moment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 8:14pm On Oct 07, 2022
ENGLAND 1 :USWNT 0..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 8:20pm On Oct 07, 2022
USAWNT look so ordinary so far half way into the 1st half of the match.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 8:34pm On Oct 07, 2022
1:1 game on...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) ... (1068) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.