Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,223 members, 7,807,747 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (792378 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (1068) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 4:51pm On Nov 21, 2018
Finally, an attempt on target from Ebi
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by sanpipita(m): 5:10pm On Nov 21, 2018
How do people still believe in this team
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 5:15pm On Nov 21, 2018
sanpipita:
How do people still believe in this team
Oparanozie’s goal makes us believe cheesy
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 5:19pm On Nov 21, 2018
oshoala needs to stay onside , she has the pace and power to recover ASAP
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by sanpipita(m): 5:22pm On Nov 21, 2018
PDPGuy:
Oparanozie’s goal makes us believe cheesy
Hope they can score more, I'm bit disappointed
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 5:23pm On Nov 21, 2018
This team is hurting. I am impressed with defensive organisation though. However, midfield to attack connection is still missing. We also miss the overlapping wing backs.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 6:04pm On Nov 21, 2018
and rasheedat prove us right with thunder strike
BascoVanVeli:

grin I see
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by sanpipita(m): 6:17pm On Nov 21, 2018
Chinese league seems to be affecting oshoala
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 6:26pm On Nov 21, 2018
unbelievable!! oshoala doing a Lukaku
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:34pm On Nov 21, 2018
isan:
and rasheedat prove us right with thunder strike

See shot!!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 6:36pm On Nov 21, 2018
OK. I am looking for Duru1 to come and apologise to 19 year old superstar in making, Rashidat Ajibade. Every touch of Ajibade today was excellent.
Okobi is the difference we've missed. Good game. Thank you Super Falcons for this game. 3 more wins and we lift the cup.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 7:20pm On Nov 21, 2018
That 2nd half display by the Super Falcons is a template for their play on Saturday!

The connection between the midfield and attack improved, but there is still room for improvement. At times, the likes of Ayinde or Okobi should hit one-time passes instead of taking the extra touch.

The team’s defensive organization was excellent, especially on set-pieces. That’s the one area coach Dennerby is an upgrade on the past coaches of the team.

I expect the Equatorial Guineans to set up in an 8-1-1 formation after watching Oshoala, Ordega and Ajibade bearing the Zambians for pace. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 7:39pm On Nov 21, 2018
By the way, the Super Falcons have how had 42 attempts on goal at this tournament. 18 attempts against Zambia, and 24 attempts against South Africa.

But the team has only 8 attempts on target.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:53pm On Nov 21, 2018
Super Falcons Player Ratings: Ordega The Brightest; Ajibade Promising; Oparanozie Torments; Oshoala Selfish; Ebi Solid; Okobi Sparkles
Published: November 21, 2018
Defending champions Nigeria got their Africa Women's Cup of Nations (AWCON) campaign back on track with a 4-0 thumping of Zambia in Cape Coast on Wednesday evening.
Allnigeriasoccer.com has a lowdown on how the Super Falcons fared in the Group B game.
The Starters
Tochukwu Oluehi: The Rivers Angels goalie didn't have much to do. When she was called upon, the former Medkila star proved herself. 6/10
Faith Michael: Faith Michael showed some degree of composure when attacking. She also defended very well before injury forced her off at half time. 6/10
Ebere Ngozi: The Barcelona defender was solid as usual at the left back position when attacking and proved strong when defending. Her timing runs on the flanks proved to be Nigeria's weapon on the day. 7/10
Onome Ebi: The ex-Minsk star was rock-solid at the heart of defence. She dealt well with the threat of Grace Chanda. 7/10
Osinachi Ohale: Ohale complimented the efforts of Ebi at the heart of defence with assured display. She took the simple options in the game hence was largely untroubled. 6.5/10
Halimatu Ayinde: The Asarum enforcer was Nigeria's silent cleaner in the middle of the park with her tenacious display. She covered more grounds than any other Nigerian on the day. 7/10
Rita Chikwelu: It was another commanding display from the Kristiansand player who bossed the midfield with her strength and skills. 6/10
Francisca Ordega: She was deservedly voted player of the match. The Washington Spirit forward was once again Nigeria's most enterprising player as she the took initiative without fear and she created the team's opening goal. Her dribbling skills made her a stand out performer for the side, not to talk of her sweet pass to Desire Oparanozie to score the first goal. Her goal was world class, a smart touch from Oparanozie's pass before firing the ball to the top corner. 8.5/10
Ngozi Sonia Okobi: She displayed great skills and mobility at the middle. Her inclusion was complimented with a great show. 7/10
Desire Oparanozie: After some many hit and miss performances in the opening game, Oparanozie finally opened her account in the tourney by hitting one goal against Zambia. She also provided an assist in the game. 8/10
Asisat Oshoala: The former Arsenal and Liverpool forward was full of running in the game. She was anxious to score and missed three easy chances in the game instead of passing to better positioned teammates. The FC Robo Queens product was a positive influence for the eight-time African champions with an assist that resulted in Rasheedat Ajibade's goal. She was also involved in Ordega's strike. 6.5/10
The Substitutes
Josephine Chukwunonye: The hard tackling defender was deployed as a makeshift right back and passed with flying colours as she used her marauding runs to create problems for the opponents. 7/10
Rasheedat Ajibade: The FC Robo Queens goal poacher needed just six minutes to announce her presence on the pitch. The manner in which she took her goal was a delight to watch. 7.5/10
Amarachi Okoronkwo: The Nasarawa Amazons midfielder clearly showed that she is a real midfielder with the way she struck the team's fourth goal from 21 yards. 7.5/10
Abayomi Ademetan.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by peacengine(m): 8:20pm On Nov 21, 2018
Schemerkhiz:

Super Falcons Player Ratings: Ordega The Brightest; Ajibade Promising; Oparanozie Torments; Oshoala Selfish; Ebi Solid; Okobi Sparkles
Published: November 21, 2018
Defending champions Nigeria got their Africa Women's Cup of Nations (AWCON) campaign back on track with a 4-0 thumping of Zambia in Cape Coast on Wednesday evening.
Allnigeriasoccer.com has a lowdown on how the Super Falcons fared in the Group B game.
The Starters
Tochukwu Oluehi: The Rivers Angels goalie didn't have much to do. When she was called upon, the former Medkila star proved herself. 6/10
Faith Michael: Faith Michael showed some degree of composure when attacking. She also defended very well before injury forced her off at half time. 6/10
Ebere Ngozi: The Barcelona defender was solid as usual at the left back position when attacking and proved strong when defending. Her timing runs on the flanks proved to be Nigeria's weapon on the day. 7/10
Onome Ebi: The ex-Minsk star was rock-solid at the heart of defence. She dealt well with the threat of Grace Chanda. 7/10
Osinachi Ohale: Ohale complimented the efforts of Ebi at the heart of defence with assured display. She took the simple options in the game hence was largely untroubled. 6.5/10
Halimatu Ayinde: The Asarum enforcer was Nigeria's silent cleaner in the middle of the park with her tenacious display. She covered more grounds than any other Nigerian on the day. 7/10
Rita Chikwelu: It was another commanding display from the Kristiansand player who bossed the midfield with her strength and skills. 6/10
Francisca Ordega: She was deservedly voted player of the match. The Washington Spirit forward was once again Nigeria's most enterprising player as she the took initiative without fear and she created the team's opening goal. Her dribbling skills made her a stand out performer for the side, not to talk of her sweet pass to Desire Oparanozie to score the first goal. Her goal was world class, a smart touch from Oparanozie's pass before firing the ball to the top corner. 8.5/10
Ngozi Sonia Okobi: She displayed great skills and mobility at the middle. Her inclusion was complimented with a great show. 7/10
Desire Oparanozie: After some many hit and miss performances in the opening game, Oparanozie finally opened her account in the tourney by hitting one goal against Zambia. She also provided an assist in the game. 8/10
Asisat Oshoala: The former Arsenal and Liverpool forward was full of running in the game. She was anxious to score and missed three easy chances in the game instead of passing to better positioned teammates. The FC Robo Queens product was a positive influence for the eight-time African champions with an assist that resulted in Rasheedat Ajibade's goal. She was also involved in Ordega's strike. 6.5/10
The Substitutes
Josephine Chukwunonye: The hard tackling defender was deployed as a makeshift right back and passed with flying colours as she used her marauding runs to create problems for the opponents. 7/10
Rasheedat Ajibade: The FC Robo Queens goal poacher needed just six minutes to announce her presence on the pitch. The manner in which she took her goal was a delight to watch. 7.5/10
Amarachi Okoronkwo: The Nasarawa Amazons midfielder clearly showed that she is a real midfielder with the way she struck the team's fourth goal from 21 yards. 7.5/10
Abayomi Ademetan.

Baba this your analysis is on point
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 9:32pm On Nov 21, 2018
FT: South Africa 7-1 Equatorial Guinea.

With a +7 goal differential, South Africa are virtually through to the semifinals

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 9:35pm On Nov 21, 2018
SA beat Equitorial Guinea by 7-1. If we play like our 2nd half today, then we beat Equatorial Guinea by a big margin, and Zambia beat South Africa, then we top our group.
Equatorial Guinea side is terribly unfit and out of shape. Oshoala will have a field day against them.

In Group A, I fear for Ghana. Mali will almost certainly beat Algeria. If Ghana do not beat Cameroon, they're out. If they beat Cameroon by 1 goal, they're still out if Mali win. They need a big goal margin against Cameroon.
Looking forward to Nigeria vs Cameroon next Tuesday already.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 9:51pm On Nov 21, 2018
olapluto:
SA beat Equitorial Guinea by 7-1. If we play like our 2nd half today, then we beat Equatorial Guinea by a big margin, and Zambia beat South Africa, then we top our group.
Equatorial Guinea side is terribly unfit and out of shape. Oshoala will have a field day against them.

In Group A, I fear for Ghana. Mali will almost certainly beat Algeria. If Ghana do not beat Cameroon, they're out. If they beat Cameroon by 1 goal, they're still out if Mali win. They need a big goal margin against Cameroon.

I imagine Oshoala is licking her lips already cheesy
The Super Falcons should beat Equatorial by at least a 6-goal margin.
But the SA v Zambia game is highly unpredictable. The South Africans would take it easy knowing that a draw is sufficient for them to win the group. However, a lackadaisical approach from SAncould open the door to Zambia dominating the game and nicking a 1-0 win.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by khunz: 9:59pm On Nov 21, 2018
Does anyone know how the under listed factors will be ranked assuming we have 3 teams with 6points in our group?

A.goals for
B.goals against
C.goals difference
D.head to head

Thanks
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 10:05pm On Nov 21, 2018
khunz:
Does anyone know how the under listed factors will be ranked assuming we have 3 teams with 6points in our group?

A.goals for
B.goals against
C.goals difference
D.head to head

Thanks
In this order:
1. Goals difference
2. Goals for

No head to head.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lakesidepapa(m): 10:25pm On Nov 21, 2018
olapluto:

I foresee NG VS CAM or NG VS SA or SA VS CM in the final
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 10:59pm On Nov 21, 2018
lakesidepapa:

You dont see Ghana making the finals. Same here.
However, IF Nigerian manages to get to the final, then it is coming home. The 2nd half today was impressive, and I hope they build from that.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:11pm On Nov 21, 2018
olapluto:
OK. I am looking for Duru1 to come and apologise to 19 year old superstar in making, Rashidat Ajibade. Every touch of Ajibade today was excellent.
Okobi is the difference we've missed. Good game. Thank you Super Falcons for this game. 3 more wins and we lift the cup.

You are not alone Kind Sir.... Lol

Meanwhile I think I have spotted him... He is hiding behind that last long table.... See am peeping... ***Duru1 right now***

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:13pm On Nov 21, 2018
I forsee a NGA vs RSA final. A rematch is on the cards and South Africa will make it to their first Women's World cup.

lakesidepapa:

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:14pm On Nov 21, 2018
olapluto:

You dont see Ghana making the finals. Same here.
However, IF Nigerian manages to get to the final, then it is coming home. The 2nd half today was impressive, and I hope they build from that.

Say no more....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 11:15pm On Nov 21, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
I forsee a NGA vs RSA final. A rematch is on the cards and South Africa will make it to their first Women's World cup.

Me too, I also want to see SA qualify for a first ever world cup.
Even if they don't make it to the final, I'll be backing them to beat their opponent in the bronze medal match (provided that opponent is not Nigeria cheesy)

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:18pm On Nov 21, 2018
PDPGuy:

I imagine Oshoala is licking her lips already cheesy
The Super Falcons should beat Equatorial by at least a 6-goal margin.
But the SA v Zambia game is highly unpredictable. The South Africans would take it easy knowing that a draw is sufficient for them to win the group. However, a lackadaisical approach from SAncould open the door to Zambia dominating the game and nicking a 1-0 win.

Spot on. Oshoala will open her goals rain with the Guineans. Her speed, power, athleticism and skills will be over too much for them not to mention the attributes of the others...

And yes, SA vs Zam could go either way but I give it to SA shaa....

But truly ehn... Wetin Oshoala go do those Guineans ehn... E go be like the return of the Jedi...obi wan Kenobi... grin

Oshoala will bring her light saber that day and unleash it!!

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:20pm On Nov 21, 2018
Ahhhh... Abeg oooo... No third place for us abeg. And SA Berra beat whoever they face in that semi because I want to meet them again. Let it be a repeat of AWCON 2002 with Ghana. You don't beat the Falcons in the group stage and go Scot free... Mbanu!

PDPGuy:

Me too, I also want to see SA qualify for a first ever world cup.
Even if they don't make it to the final, I'll be backing them to beat their opponent in the bronze medal match (provided that opponent is not Nigeria cheesy)

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:24pm On Nov 21, 2018
I know all the accolades must go to the likes of Ordega, Wonder kid Ajibade, Oshoala (despite her misses), Oparanozie and Okobi but I also got to give special mention to Halimatu Ayinde... What that lady does in the middle is close to World class. Very neat and very business like... Super effective in the DM role and assured in passing too. Abeg, she is one of the most important players in this team. She is class.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 11:39pm On Nov 21, 2018
Fun facts_

- The Super Falcons have scored 161 AWCON goals in its present format (since 1998); and Ajibade scored the 160th goal today. cool

- If the 1991 and 1995 tournaments are included , the total goals scored rises to 208. In both tournaments, Nigeria played six matches in each one of them.

- Altogether, Nigeria has played 64 AWCON matches (when you include the 91' and 95' tournaments).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by StyleAfos(m): 11:52pm On Nov 21, 2018

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (1068) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.