Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:48 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (793216 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (1068) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 4:30pm On Dec 09, 2018
There is no easy group here. I am okay with the draw because I always knew that we will have to play (against) the best teams. That is what you do at the World Cup.

“The French team is, of course, world-class, and I know we would have to fight very hard against them.

“The Koreans are very technical and have pace, but we will confront them with our physical strength, ability and pace of our own and we have a great chance in there.

“I know the Norway team, more than they know us or can hope to know us. At the end of the day, it would come down to preparations.

“We must prepare very hard and then take it one match at a time during the finals

These are the word's of Coach Thomas Dennerby.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 4:31pm On Dec 09, 2018
olapluto:

This is really unfair on Ajibade the way some people talk about her here. Actually, maybe one or two people. She is very very good, and I stand by that. Her first touch, and ball sense is probably the best in the falcons team as at today.
Ajibade is a victim of her own success. At U20 level, the coach put too much on her. Still she took the team to quarter finals at last U20 world cup.

Even in Ghana, we saw what she did. Her beautiful goal, and commanding performances. She's DEFINITELY going to France if she's fit.
how can I forget those defence splitting passes. Her touch and shooting accuracy is topnotch. But I want her to impose herself more and work hard.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 4:33pm On Dec 09, 2018
Schemerkhiz:
President of the Nigeria Football Federation, Amaju Pinnick, said: “It is a draw that tells us that we have to do everything we can to prepare the team well for the competition.

“Presently, we have lined up two tournaments in China and Cyprus for the team, and we are talking with a few countries and organisers for matches and tournaments.

“We will give the Head Coach and his team the necessary support to prepare the team adequately for the competition.”

These are the word's of the NFF president..
I think this man is one of the best thing to have ever happened to Nigerian football. Two tournaments in China and Cyprus coupled with friendly matches is a welcomed development.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 4:35pm On Dec 09, 2018
We should comfortably beat Norway because that is our Assistant Coach Maureen Mmadu second Country..she Played and Coached there for over 10yrs, She knows them very well and should be able to help us out with some vital informations...
Faith Ikidi and goalkeeper Tochukwu Oluehi(2016) have also played in Norway too.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 4:36pm On Dec 09, 2018
olapluto:
The team should try to start working on Fitness from now on. Our girls were all heavy in Ghana. I really really hope to hear news of Friendly matches from NFF before Christmas. By January, most serious teams would have been playing high quality friendlies.

Sadly, this NFF is for Super Eagles only, and the world cup coincides with Nations cup, so, I fear for the girls.
I do get jealous of those south African babes,they look fit and sharp. Regaining fitness should be one of the SF priorities especially Desire,Rita and Oshoala
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 4:36pm On Dec 09, 2018
He should execute all this plains first before praising him.
mostob:
I think this man is one of the best thing to have ever happened to Nigerian football. Two tournaments in China and Cyprus coupled with friendly matches is a welcomed development.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 4:37pm On Dec 09, 2018
Schemerkhiz:
We should comfortably beat Norway because that is our Assistant Coach Maureen Mmadu second Country..she Played and Coached there for over 10yrs, She knows them very well and should be able to help us out with some vital informations...
Faith Ikidi and goalkeeper Tochukwu Oluehi(2016) have also played in Norway too.
. sir,how do you see our coach? Is he really good.?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 4:51pm On Dec 09, 2018
mostob:
You don't know Pinnick then. He has mouth but hardly delivers.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 6:58pm On Dec 09, 2018
olapluto:

You don't know Pinnick then. He has mouth but hardly delivers.
. let's just wait and see
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naijaseeker: 11:32pm On Dec 09, 2018
Schemerkhiz:
I wish we could lay hand on Chioma Ubogagu...
Our 3 regular starters need competition from other strikers for starting berth...
Oghonna Chukwudi, Ebere Orji have been there before, they should be look into.
I can't include Sarah Michael right now, she has been playing with a knee guard over 1 year now. She can't possibly give all because she needs to protect her Left knee from injury.

Unfortunately I doubt this. England is really using her on trials, she does not want to miss the World Cup and England cashed in first. Further she is banging in the goals for them most likely she will make their team. Even if she does not, the Nigerian coach may not get any opportunity to try her again.

Ajibade is good, she is skilled but frankly, she is still a junior player. She was scared in the last competition. She was hesitent and too tentative. Except Ihezuo has lost form, Ihezuo has more confidence and maturity and scores better

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 11:53pm On Dec 09, 2018
she's only 19 she will get better
mostob:
how can I forget those defence splitting passes. Her touch and shooting accuracy is topnotch. But I want her to impose herself more and work hard.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 12:18am On Dec 10, 2018
I am happy that the coach has realised that he needs to work hard on the midfield and strikers.

I think Nwabuoku should be recalled and should the the firm defensive midfielder, with Halimatu Ayinde playing with her. Okobi is attacking mid.
At the world cup, I will play a 4-4-2 and not our usual 4-3-3. Let Ajibade play slightly ahead of Okobi,and we have Oparanozie and Oshoala. Our 4-3-3 is becoming quite ineffective.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 8:22am On Dec 10, 2018
olapluto:
I am happy that the coach has realised that he needs to work hard on the midfield and strikers.

I think Nwabuoku should be recalled and should the the firm defensive midfielder, with Halimatu Ayinde playing with her. Okobi is attacking mid.
At the world cup, I will play a 4-4-2 and not our usual 4-3-3. Let Ajibade play slightly ahead of Okobi,and we have Oparanozie and Oshoala. Our 4-3-3 is becoming quite ineffective.
. you can't bench ordega.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 1:17pm On Dec 10, 2018
Sports Journalist Calls Out Pinncik. Reminds Him Of Promise To The Super Falcons

https://www.nairaland.com/4895874/sports-journalist-calls-out-pinncik#73717069

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naijaseeker: 9:41pm On Dec 10, 2018
mostob:
. you can't bench ordega.

I still maintain there were better legs at the bench than Ajibade, who are also young and should rather be introduced. Ihezuo fights for the ball and she also scores. Chinaza has more confidence and better ball skills.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 10:52pm On Dec 10, 2018
ihezuo i watched in final got nothing on ajibade
naijaseeker:

I still maintain there were better legs at the bench than Ajibade, who are also young and should rather be introduced. Ihezuo fights for the ball and she also scores. Chinaza has more confidence and better ball skills.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 8:41am On Dec 11, 2018
naijaseeker:

Ajibade is still not there yet but those players you mentioned were not better at AWCON. I still remember the chance Ihezuo blasted over the bar.Ajibade is good ,though she needs a bit of sharpening.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 8:43am On Dec 11, 2018
isan:
ihezuo i watched in final got nothing on ajibade
same thing have been saying. We need Ajibade at WWC next year hopefully she gets some things right before then.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daejoyoung: 8:59am On Dec 11, 2018
mostob:
Ajibade is still not there yet but those players you mentioned were not better at AWCON. I still remember the chance Ihezuo blasted over the bar.Ajibade is good ,though she needs a bit of sharpening.
lhezuo is usually better than that though, she at her youth level like Ajibade was very technical, she was also part of the exciting u20 2014 squad ( with oshoala) and still one of the top scorers at the fifa u17 world cup.
l think the girls only need more friendlies to properly decide who is who.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 10:29am On Dec 11, 2018
Daejoyoung:

lhezuo is usually better than that though, she at her youth level like Ajibade was very technical, she was also part of the exciting u20 2014 squad ( with oshoala) and still one of the top scorers at the fifa u17 world cup.
l think the girls only need more friendlies to properly decide who is who.
It all comes down to fitness and team dynamics. The longer they stay in camp, the fitter they become. Ihezuo plays in UEFA champions league and should be capable. I think the camp should be thrown open from next month. Let every capable player come, and the coach should work with them for a month before choosing.
Players like Osas Igbinovia, or even Aminat Yakubu could find their way in. We need to pick the best players, not the biggest names.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daejoyoung: 11:21am On Dec 11, 2018
olapluto:

It all comes down to fitness and team dynamics. The longer they stay in camp, the fitter they become. Ihezuo plays in UEFA champions league and should be capable. I think the camp should be thrown open from next month. Let every capable player come, and the coach should work with them for a month before choosing.
Players like Osas Igbinovia, or even Aminat Yakubu could find their way in. We need to pick the best players, not the biggest names.
Yeah but rather than Aminat Yakubu, I'd prefer a Joy Bokiri or Tessy Bhaiwo.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 10:19pm On Dec 11, 2018
FIFA are reportedly considering using VAR at the WC next year. Already, the officials selected to officiate at ten World Cup will be trained on the use of the technology this month, at a referee training program.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 11:28pm On Dec 11, 2018
PDPGuy:
FIFA are reportedly considering using VAR at the WC next year. Already, the officials selected to officiate at ten World Cup will be trained on the use of the technology this month, at a referee training program.
Forget. Officiating at Women world cup is cult like. Na dem dem with those female refs.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:50pm On Dec 12, 2018
I have to ask who is our penalty taker now? I was going Onome Ebi until she also missed. I could also hand it back to Oshoala for confidence sake
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 10:57pm On Dec 12, 2018
Is there going to be a qualification round for the 2019 all Africa games football event? CC: Bascovanveli Schmerkiz Olapluto Daejoyoung
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 11:05pm On Dec 12, 2018
BascoVanVeli:
I have to ask who is our penalty taker now? I was going Onome Ebi until she also missed. I could also hand it back to Oshoala for confidence sake
Ngozi Ebere
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 11:05pm On Dec 12, 2018
Danielnino00:
Is there going to be a qualification round for the 2019 all Africa games football event? CC: Bascovanveli Schmerkiz Olapluto Daejoyoung
Usually not.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 11:11pm On Dec 12, 2018
olapluto:
Usually not.
How are the participating teams usually determined??
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:56am On Dec 13, 2018
olapluto:

Ngozi Ebere

You know she actually went to get that ball before Oshoala grabbed it.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naijaseeker: 12:59pm On Dec 13, 2018
olapluto:

Ngozi Ebere

I can recall she also takes free kicks. She scored in 2014 with one. However, if Oparanozie is playing, I think Oparanozie takes the kicks. She is the best in the team.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 12:59pm On Dec 14, 2018
Dennerby,Ebi,Ordega and super falcons in the race for CAF award..

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 4:47pm On Dec 14, 2018
oshoala might just win the African best again this award is popularity award and she's the most popular female footballer in Africa right now with many endorsement deals her brands might just buy it for her .

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (1068) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.