Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (682) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (793405 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (679) (680) (681) (682) (683) (684) (685) ... (1068) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:51pm On May 29, 2023
Deltamani:

It’s always not easy to see a Goalkeeper keep that consistency from the U17 level to the SuperFalcons.. I just hope the Young Goalie of now emulates Chiamaka Nnadozie..

Onyinyechi Okeke was such a good goalkeeper during her U17 to U20 days but right now we can’t say same thing about her as didn’t keep up with the performances..

Omilana should be on the team. The world cup was not that long ago. I can understand not taking all the U17 outfield players but Faith as a keeper should have made this team. Even if we are talking 3rd gk.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:58pm On May 29, 2023
naptu2:
https://twitter.com/U20wafu2023/status/1663118044091039744/photo/1

I hope you guys are keeping tabs on Chinyere Mercy Kalu…. The Defensive Midfielder!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 2:13pm On May 29, 2023
She can shoot
Deltamani:

I hope you guys are keeping tabs on Chinyere Mercy Kalu…. The Defensive Midfielder!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:58pm On May 29, 2023
isan:
She can shoot

I really Love her shot from distance, one thing I like about this U20 set again is their ability to use both feet’s… Almost all of them are using both feet’s…

NFF better keep this squad together prior to the 2024 U20 World Cup cause the more they play together the more they gel..

Coach Danjuma still need to improve on himself tactically, especially when it comes to the bigger stage. NFF wha I know nor go send am go improve e Coaching abilities, He should try as much as possible to get abreast with the modern game…

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 4:44pm On May 29, 2023
naptu2:
https://twitter.com/U20wafu2023/status/1663118044091039744/photo/1
Kalu is good. She is also one of the big revelations of this team.
But my fingers are crossed sha...the calibre of opponent in this tourney is not valuable enough to judge.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 4:51pm On May 29, 2023
mostob:
Kalu is good. She is also one of the big revelations of this team.
But my fingers are crossed sha...the calibre of opponent in this tourney is not valuable enough to judge.

It's why I am sometimes amused when we are quick to ask that certain players be included in the Super Falcons. The quality of opposition is not the same.

You'll even notice that the girls struggled a bit yesterday cause Burkina Faso is the strongest team they've played so far.

What I expect the NFF to do is take them to invitationals with teams that have better pedigree or organize top friendlies for them. It's from these we can now begin to see who can easily fit into the falcons as is.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:59pm On May 29, 2023
🇳🇬 Asisat Oshoala holds the record for the most African Women’s Footballer of the Year awards! ⭐️

How many more will she add?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:08pm On May 29, 2023
Deltamani:
🇳🇬 Asisat Oshoala holds the record for the most African Women’s Footballer of the Year awards! ⭐️

What sup with this Zambians Recheal Kundananji?
What did she achieve this year that the Zambians won’t allow everyone rest?? For scoring 25goals??

Did she win any trophy? NO
Did she win the League golden Boot? No
Did her Performance take her Club to the top3 in Laliga? No

Performance for Zambia this season? Still not enough yet, awaiting the FWWC

All this Zambians should just keep calm..

Tabitha Chawinga won the Golden Boot in Italy with 23goals..

Rasheedat Ajibade is also there with 9League goals this season and won Laliga Copa de la Reina.

Asisat Oshoala already Won Super Cup, Laliga awaiting the Champions League Trophy..
Finished 3rd in the top scorer log with 21 goals with 3goals
Scored 2 cup goals
Scored 5 Champions League goals and 3 Assists
World Cup is there to play…

Who else performance beat Asisat Oshoala Please guys educate me.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:30pm On May 29, 2023
2 more.

Deltamani:

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:54pm On May 29, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
2 more.

Yeah 2 but might get to 3 ooo
she would be 29years old this year…
Still have more than 5years to play except she decides to retire earlier than expected.

We already have rising stars that can continue( Ajakaye, Sabastine and Co)
While seasoned players like Rasheedat, Kanu, Echegini can compete too
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by yinkeys(m): 8:21pm On May 29, 2023
Deltamani:

Perpetua Nkwocha no longer holds the record
Oh my
Time flies
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:24pm On May 29, 2023
yinkeys:

Perpetua Nkwocha no longer holds the record
Oh my
Time flies

Lol 😂
Where have you being😂
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by yinkeys(m): 8:38pm On May 29, 2023
Deltamani:

Lol 😂
Where have you being😂
Won’t be surprised if a South African wins this year tbh
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:55pm On May 29, 2023
yinkeys:

Won’t be surprised if a South African wins this year tbh

South Africa Wetin?
From where to where, talk another thing joor..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 2:55am On May 30, 2023
Lego has launched a new campaign with Sam Kerr, Megan Rapinoe, Asisat Oshoala and Yuki Nagasato.

https://twitter.com/abbieherway/status/1663352778553700358

https://www.instagram.com/p/Csvmr8_NC9s/
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:40am On May 30, 2023
Asisat Oshoala in Doubt for UEFA Women’s Champions League Final

4 Days to goooo

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:28am On May 30, 2023
CAF Women's Olympic Qualifying draw

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 12:06pm On May 30, 2023
Deltamani:

All things being equal

Nigeria potential has to beat Cameroon and South Africa to qualify for the Olympics.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BankyGee(m): 2:43pm On May 30, 2023
Deltamani:
I'm not seeing Nigeria 🇳🇬
Or na Garri dey confuse me?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:09pm On May 30, 2023
Coach Mercy Akide Udoh and her Steel United elite U17 girls

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TVTM2023: 5:03pm On May 30, 2023
Ajakaye and imuran are my babes,the New captain and the goal keeper.i can marry them all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:22pm On May 30, 2023
lovewins:

All things being equal

Nigeria potential has to beat Cameroon and South Africa to qualify for the Olympics.

On the other hand, Ghana, Zambia, CIV and Morocco are fighting for one slot
With Nigeria, Cameroon and South Africa the other slot..

Anyway I will rather have Ghana and Nigeria play at the Olympics but Ghana is still rebuilding🤦‍♂️

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 5:35pm On May 30, 2023
Deltamani:

On the other hand, Ghana, Zambia, CIV and Morocco are fighting for one slot
With Nigeria, Cameroon and South Africa the other slot..

Anyway I will rather have Ghana and Nigeria play at the Olympics but Ghana is still rebuilding🤦‍♂️

I think we'll easily beat Cameroon. South again remains the puzzle we must solve. Hopefully the girls rise to the occasion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 6:38pm On May 30, 2023
lovewins:

I think we'll easily beat Cameroon. South again remains the puzzle we must solve. Hopefully the girls rise to the occasion.
...its not about the girls,its about the coaching, we have more than enough talent to beat them, talent for talent, we are more stacked,can not say the same for coaching.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:29am On May 31, 2023
Algeria 🇩🇿

The secretary general of the FAF was fired after forgetting to register the national women's team for the 2024 Olympics qualifiers.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 8:53am On May 31, 2023
Deltamani:
Algeria 🇩🇿

The secretary general of the FAF was fired after forgetting to register the national women's team for the 2024 Olympics qualifiers.
.......wonderful, he had one job.....Why do theses things keep happening in Africa(different sports though).

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 8:54am On May 31, 2023
U20 WAFU B Nigeria vs Benin @5pm today
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 11:16am On May 31, 2023
Hmmmmn , maybe he's a sexist or fanatic , he believed women shouldn't participate in sports
carbonado:
.......wonderful, he had one job.....Why do theses things keep happening in Africa(different sports though).
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BankyGee(m): 11:19am On May 31, 2023
mostob:
U20 WAFU B
Nigeria vs Benin @5pm today
NGA (3) - (0) BEN
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 11:44am On May 31, 2023
isan:
Hmmmmn , maybe he's a sexist or fanatic , he believed women shouldn't participate in sports
.. Yhen he has no biz in sports, maybe he should turn in an imam.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:15pm On May 31, 2023
mostob:
U20 WAFU B
Nigeria vs Benin @5pm today

7:30

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 1:13pm On May 31, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

7:30

I don't understand, is this not the benin we beat 3-0,

(1) (2) (3) ... (679) (680) (681) (682) (683) (684) (685) ... (1068) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.