Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (692) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (792811 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) ... (1068) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 1:26pm On Jun 10, 2023
Even the NFF, as corrupt as they are, wouldn't be that stupid to drop Echegini for some nobody who has no zero influence on the team.
As much as I like Debbie Ajibola and believe she is one for the future, she is not anywhere close to the class Echegini brings to the midfield.
isan:
I fear player like Echegini might not make the list , since she hasn't been in the team for long NFF can easily replace her with an home base players

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:03pm On Jun 10, 2023
AkinDS:
Even the NFF, as corrupt as they are, wouldn't be that stupid to drop Echegini for some nobody who has no zero influence on the team.
As much as I like Debbie Ajibola and believe she is one for the future, she is not anywhere close to the class Echegini brings to the midfield.

Was wondering all the hype that’s surrounding Debbie, they forgot so soon that Christy Ucheibe is just 22yrs same as Echegini and will definitely get better and stay long in the game if they keep up with their form.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 2:43pm On Jun 10, 2023
Deltamani:

Was wondering all the hype that’s surrounding Debbie, they forgot so soon that Christy Ucheibe is just 22yrs same as Echegini and will definitely get better and stay long in the game if they keep up with their form.

Christy needs more challenging adventure. She's won everything there is to win in Portugal, not sure staying there will ultimately help improve her game. (She just signed a new deal till 2026 BTW).

A deal to Spain or England would have been more ideal. She probably should have waited till after the world cup to sign a new deal.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 2:47pm On Jun 10, 2023
AkinDS:

You underestimate the NFF. A system devoid of accountability does not care. These guys literally insisted on Shehu Abdullahi going to the nation's cup against way better options. If they can do that to the Super Eagles, then they can anywhere.

The most important thing is for Randy to be circumspect with how he picks his squad. No matter the influence NFF will have, they will at least let him pick 18/19 of the final squad without influence. He has to pick his best 19 and that should include Onyi.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 3:22pm On Jun 10, 2023
do4luv14:

chaii FIFA for keep the Announcement a secret, The wahala wey this announcement go cause for our list ehn

secondly, the fee should be paid directly6to the players, cos our dear NFF no be am ooo

na for this type of Announcement corruption take dey tie wrapper enter Stadium 😁😁😁

Either way, e go still cause wahala for selection. Direct or not.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 3:24pm On Jun 10, 2023
lovewins:

Christy needs more challenging adventure. She's won everything there is to win in Portugal, not sure staying there will ultimately help improve her game. (She just signed a new deal till 2026 BTW).

A deal to Spain or England would have been more ideal. She probably should have waited till after the world cup to sign a new deal.

WSL would have been a new adventure. English league seeing UCheibe would be sweet. Maybe no offers sha. But i notoce we don't have much players there.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 3:25pm On Jun 10, 2023
lovewins:

Spot on, She’s probably comfortable and enjoying her stay there.. By the way I was even surprised with Esther Okoronkwo signing for UDG Tenerife too, I was expecting that after the World Cup Proper, cause an excellent performance from them the big Clubs will come calling for them.. Anyway it’s their Choice and that of their management to make.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 3:30pm On Jun 10, 2023
daveP:

WSL would have been a new adventure. English league seeing UCheibe would be sweet. Maybe no offers sha. But i notoce we don't have much players there.

I don’t think Benfica will even let her go like that as she’s one of their key player, Playing multiple positions for them from center Back to the midfield.

The WSL fits her more though as she would have dominated the middle with her Physical side of the game…

Again Ucheibe is also very good at popping up in the Box 18 but tends not to Finnish those chances when they arrive, she really needs to work on that. she might leave there before 2026 as she would be 25+ by then.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 3:32pm On Jun 10, 2023
Will the National Women's Soccer League get a new top striker? According to Relevo on Twitter, Gotham FC is interested in Spanish international Esther 🇪🇸 from Real Madrid. She has already announced her departure.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 3:38pm On Jun 10, 2023
Deltamani:

Spot on, She’s probably comfortable and enjoying her stay there.. By the way I was even surprised with Esther Okoronkwo signing for UDG Tenerife too, I was expecting that after the World Cup Proper, cause an excellent performance from them the big Clubs will come calling for them.. Anyway it’s their Choice and that of their management to make.

It appears UG terenife is making major signings sha. They are letting go of players and building a new squad. They could just compete very well next season. That obviously doesn't discount from the point that signing after the world cup would probably have made more sense.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 3:43pm On Jun 10, 2023
daveP:

Asides offers, playing esle where for female players is just better. Women's football do not pay very well, now ads that to the tax regime in England? It's why they probably have mostly domestic players. Only top clubs that can afford a little more for those players have them.

It makes financial sense to play in Spain, France or Germany then England.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Odogwujayy: 5:10pm On Jun 10, 2023
AkinDS:

So you've forgotten so soon how she was dropped for the last set of friendly matches... But was later invited coz a certain player(forgotten her name) pulled out. So just dey play.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 5:27pm On Jun 10, 2023
Odogwujayy:

So you've forgotten so soon how she was dropped for the last set of friendly matches... But was later invited coz a certain player(forgotten her name) pulled out. So just dey play.

I think AkinDS already explained why that happened. I'll rather give the benefit of doubt as the explanation seem plausible

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 8:37pm On Jun 10, 2023
do4luv14:

chaii FIFA for keep the Announcement a secret, The wahala wey this announcement go cause for our list ehn

secondly, the fee should be paid directly6to the players, cos our dear NFF no be am ooo

na for this type of Announcement corruption take dey tie wrapper enter Stadium 😁😁😁

My understanding is that FIFA will pay the players directly, but it would only be after the WC
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 8:48pm On Jun 10, 2023
PDPGuy:

My understanding is that FIFA will pay the players directly, but it would only be after the WC

Not directly. Funds still go to the players through their various FA's. FIFA will monitor though.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 11:31pm On Jun 10, 2023
Deltamani:

I don’t think Benfica will even let her go like that as she’s one of their key player, Playing multiple positions for them from center Back to the midfield.

The WSL fits her more though as she would have dominated the middle with her Physical side of the game…

Again Ucheibe is also very good at popping up in the Box 18 but tends not to Finnish those chances when they arrive, she really needs to work on that. she might leave there before 2026 as she would be 25+ by then.

Benfica no fit hold her sha. Any of the top 4 teams would fit her easily. I hope she works on her shooting this break time. It will turn heads her way. We need another Falcon shinning in European media after zee and Rash.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 11:32pm On Jun 10, 2023
lovewins:

Asides offers, playing esle where for female players is just better. Women's football do not pay very well, now ads that to the tax regime in England? It's why they probably have mostly domestic players. Only top clubs that can afford a little more for those players have them.

It makes financial sense to play in Spain, France or Germany then England.
heard they're working on that. I hope they do fast. It's making the league somehow. Germany still looking sweet for internationals to go than WSL. They better wise up.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:45am On Jun 11, 2023
ZSIC General Insurance has announced a K2.3 million (about $115,000) travel insurance sponsorship to the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup bound Zambia Women’s National Team.

The insurance will cover any emergency costs that the Copper Queens may incur in their preparatory matches in Germany and each member of the delegation will enjoy up to $44,000 in travel medical cover.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:08am On Jun 11, 2023
Zambia held their last training session at Woodlands stadium on Saturday afternoon. They face Tanzania in a World Cup send off friendly on Sunday at Woodlands stadium. K/O 15h00.

By the way this wasn’t the Plan Randy discussed about sometime ago, He said the Falcons are to Camp in Nigeria for sometime with the Provisional Squad and then move to Australia to round up thing.. It’s 11/06/23 already, we’re waiting.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Alfryd: 8:19am On Jun 11, 2023
From a reliable source
NFF reject Wandrum list
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BankyGee(m): 8:40am On Jun 11, 2023
Alfryd:
From a reliable source
NFF reject Wandrum list
Ha 😭
And we wan win World Cup? Make we just dey play!
NFF wan turn our joy givers Super Falcons 🦅 into the Super Eagles!
E get the kind list wey I go see, I no go watch any of their matches... Fvvck NFF and their lackadaisical attitude towards Nigerian football ⚽
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 8:44am On Jun 11, 2023
Alfryd:
From a reliable source
NFF reject Wandrum list

Don't know how true, but just read a similar story now. The story alleges that they wanted Randy to include in his provisional squad, an homebase player that has never played for Randy before. The story also reports that Randy refused and plans are underway to sabotage the teams preparation for the world cup.

Again, can't verify the accuracy of the story, but knowing NFF most likely true.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:37am On Jun 11, 2023
lovewins:

Don't know how true, but just read a similar story now. The story alleges that they wanted Randy to include in his provisional squad, an homebase player that has never played for Randy before. The story also reports that Randy refused and plans are underway to sabotage the teams preparation for the world cup.

Again, can't verify the accuracy of the story, but knowing NFF most likely true.

You’re not far from the truth. Just confirmed from a reliable sources. This inclusion of the Home based player is literally the major reason the SuperFalcons have not resumed Camp.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:53am On Jun 11, 2023
All this post you see Randy make on twitter are cause of the situation on ground.. NFF just da frustrating and FIFA just added monetary trouble to it..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BankyGee(m): 10:58am On Jun 11, 2023
Deltamani:
All this post you see Randy make on twitter are cause of the situation on ground.. NFF just da frustrating and FIFA just added monetary trouble to it..
Just when our team started performing well... I haté Nigeria 🇳🇬😡🤦🏾‍♂️
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:08am On Jun 11, 2023
I just hope the SuperFalcons qualifies for the Olympic Games, cause with the way things are going Randy will definitely leave after the World Cup and a New Coach coming in to set things up in few weeks before the qualifying games might not go well..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 11:11am On Jun 11, 2023
Deltamani:

You’re not far from the truth. Just confirmed from a reliable sources. This inclusion of the Home based player is literally the major reason the SuperFalcons have not resumed Camp.

I'm glad Waldrum is putting his foot on the ground on this. It's sad the media is silent on this sha. If we've had multiple stories on this the NFF would have been forced to play defence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 11:22am On Jun 11, 2023
Deltamani:
I just hope the SuperFalcons qualifies for the Olympic Games, cause with the way things are going Randy will definitely leave after the World Cup and a New Coach coming in to set things up in few weeks before the qualifying games might not go well..

Considering the incompetence the current NFF board has shown so far, I really hope Randy doesn't leave after the world cup. We are better off with Randy at the helms than the calamity they hope to impose on us should he resign. My major grouse with Randy has been his tactical deficit but he's shown great improvement the last couple of games.

Trust me, with what Gasau has shown so far in handling both the Eagles and the Falcon's, we are better off with Randy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BankyGee(m): 11:25am On Jun 11, 2023
lovewins:

Considering the incompetence the current NFF board has shown so far, I really hope Randy doesn't leave after the world cup. We are better off with Randy at the helms than the calamity they hope to impose on us should he resign. My major grouse with Randy has been his tactical deficit but he's shown great improvement the last couple of games.

Trust me, with whY Gasau has shown so far in handling both the Eagles and the Falcon's, we are better off with Randy.
Factos 💯
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 12:13pm On Jun 11, 2023
He already said he will be focusing 100% on his Pitt job and will step aside after the WWC.

Nigeria will be coached by Danjuma for the Olympics qualifiers, so you can expect a repeat of what happened during the last time, especially when you have a useless coach in charge.
lovewins:

Trust me, with what Gasau has shown so far in handling both the Eagles and the Falcon's, we are better off with Randy.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 12:15pm On Jun 11, 2023
AkinDS:
He already said he will be focusing 100% on his Pitt job and will step aside after the WWC.

Nigeria will be coached by Danjuma for the Olympics qualifiers, so you can expect a repeat of what happened during the last time, especially when you have a useless coach in charge.

Can you reference where he said this?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 1:24pm On Jun 11, 2023
It’s a long and informative interview, which I would encourage all here to watch when they have the time.
However, in answering your question, focus on minutes 44 thru 50. He also discusses the challenges with the Nigerian setup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKc_8nVTeEM

lovewins:

Can you reference where he said this?

(1) (2) (3) ... (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) ... (1068) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: naijaseeker and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.