Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,871 members, 7,802,805 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (787242 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (1065) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by DerideGull(m): 12:55pm On Feb 18, 2019
Schemerkhiz:
Handball

Karate

Taekwando

Volleyball

About Us

Privacy Policy

BREAKING NEWS

Why Evelyn Nwabuoku Can not Be Invited To Super Falcons – Investigations 18/02/2019, by Niyi Busari.

More facts emerged at the weekend on why former national Women team captain Evelyn Nwabuoku may not be invited to the camp by team Head Coach Thomas Dennerby.

www.bsnsports.com.ng investigation reveals that Thomas Dennerby had told the midfielder the reason why he cannot extend an invitation to her for now.

A national team coach revealed to www.bsnsports.com.ng reasons Super Falcons coach, Thomas Dennerby cannot extend an invitation to Evelyn Nwabuoku to the Super Falcons as the senior national team prepares for the FIFA Women World Cup in France.

The source believes that Nwabuoku who was the captain of the team is a good player but her style of play may not suit the coach pattern and formation.

According to the national team coach who preferred his name not mentioned said, Evelyn knew why she was dropped from the national team in Lagos before they left for Abidjan ahead of the African Women Nations Cup in Ghana, adding that she is not the type of player(s) Dennerby needs ahead of the world cup in France. He admitted that the Super Falcons need players to improve the performance of the Nigeria women national team.

He stated unequivocally that Nwabuoku is 33 years and going by what the whole world witnessed at the 2018 African Women Nations Cup in Ghana, it was obvious that the Super Falcons need young, fast and talented players to beef up the squad and not a 33-year-old player. Super Falcons in the semi-final and final against Cameroon and South Africa respectively, were seen for the first time having least ball possession and were lucky to win on both occasions through penalty shoot-out

This, according to him, is not unconnected to the ‘aging’ players who need to be replaced by younger footballers.

Aside from the fact that age is not on her side, he continued, Dennerby was quoted to have told her before she was dropped from Falcons’ camp in Lagos that she is ‘old’, slow and hardly creates a scoring opportunity for attackers.

“Every coach Thomas Dennerby inclusive has their pattern of play and the type of players they invite to camp. Her style of play may not suit the coach pattern. This was why he told her reason for excluding her name from the squad for the African Women Nations Cup in Ghana and she knew why she will not be invited.

“Falcons need young, fast players as they prepare for the world cup. A midfielder who through her skills creates scoring opportunities for the attackers.” The source said.

Though, he admitted that she is a good player but coaches have a different pattern of play which determines the kind of players they need in a team.

Evelyn Nwabuoku, 33, is a Nigeria footballer who plays as a midfielder for Rivers Angels and have also played for En Avant de Guingamp in the French First Division1 Feminine and Nigeria women national team.

Nwabuoku played previously for BIIK Kazygurt in Kazakhstani women’s football championship and both Bayelsa Queens and Rivers Angels in the Nigeria Women Premier League.

Why Evelyn Nwabuoku Can not Be Invited To Super Falcons – Investigation February 18, 2019.

Copyright © BSN Sports.

She is a one-time failure with BIIK Kazygurt in Kazakhstani. They one player left out that should be on the team is Ugo Njoku. I honestly think that she has been blackmailed due to what happened in USA when the Falcons faced the team from Australia.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 3:51pm On Feb 18, 2019
DerideGull:

The worst player I have ever watched in Falcon's uniform. This lady was regrettable during the World Cup tournament in USA.
You mean the tournament in Canada?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:17pm On Feb 18, 2019
DerideGull:

I hope you do not have a favorite African or Nigerian player because most of them fall into this category.
Esther Sunday should have been our Women Messi if she had maintained her skills and intelligence with the Ball...she has the abilities to get past 3 player's at once but faded off.......
if you watched her very well during her U20 days From 2010 to 2012 ... you could see how terrific and difficult for a defender to mark her... I think playing in the Belarusian, Turkish League really depreciated her game....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:20pm On Feb 18, 2019
DerideGull:

She is a one-time failure with BIIK Kazygurt in Kazakhstani. They one player left out that should be on the team is Ugo Njoku. I honestly think that she has been blackmailed due to what happened in USA when the Falcons faced the team from Australia.
Ugo Njoku has been without a club ever since june last year when she returned from the French division 2 clubside...
her fitness rate should be 10%
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:24pm On Feb 18, 2019
I think EBERE ORJI should be brought back.....
she is doing fine in Sweden, uses both feets effectively and can play in any position upfront...

As for Oparanozie she is currently undergoing fitness training.... I hope she gets fit ASAP

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:26pm On Feb 18, 2019
DerideGull:

Evelyn Nwabuoku @ 33 is not a bad player...
she is the natural Defensive Midfielder the team currently Lack
if Thomas Dennerby is not ready to bring her back...he should just change the Positions between Ayinde and Chikwelu...
Chikwelu is strong, a little bit fast...Versatile, and has Experience.she has the ability to play long balls upfront...
Ayinde is very creative and naturally a center/attacking Midfielder... she is good at one touch and shot passes.... she doesn't know how to give Long passes
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 5:26pm On Feb 18, 2019
Schemerkhiz:
I think EBERE ORJI should be brought back.....
she is doing fine in Sweden, uses both feets effectively and can play in any position upfront...

As for Oparanozie she is currently undergoing fitness training.... I hope she gets fit ASAP

I beg to disagree sir. She is not doing great in Sweden. We need Ugo Njoku back. The attack is looking OK. Our problem is more of midfield and wing backs.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:35pm On Feb 18, 2019
olapluto:

I beg to disagree sir. She is not doing great in Sweden. We need Ugo Njoku back. The attack is looking OK. Our problem is more of midfield and wing backs.
I watched some of her games last season... She is currently with Umea IK...
how can you bring back Ugo Njoku who is without a Club for over 7months now... She is Rusty...she needs to undergo 100% fitness and also get a club to play for ASAP...by the way she is not on Thomas Dennerby plans right now
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:36pm On Feb 18, 2019
Schemerkhiz:

I watched some of her games last season... She is currently with Umea IK...
how can you bring back Ugo Njoku who is without a Club for over 7months now... She is Rusty...she needs to undergo 100% fitness and also get a club to play for ASAP...by the way she is not on Thomas Dennerby plans right now

I think the question now should be why she is getting black balled by the league? A player of her quality should not have to search long for a club.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:17am On Feb 19, 2019
By the way.. Coach Thomas Dennerby has extended invitations to US based Wing back...who just graduated from Illinois University. She is currently undergoing a trial in Sweden for Växjö DFF Osinachi ohale present club.
Her name is Patricia George 22yrs...she is very fast and skillful.....
She is the younger sister to Regina George the 400M champion of Nigeria.

you can search for her videos on YouTube...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 1:20pm On Feb 19, 2019
Cyprus cup comes up in about a week. Hope the ladies attend and do well. I had planned to go there and watch the ladies, but family issues wont let me.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by DerideGull(m): 11:06pm On Feb 19, 2019
Schemerkhiz:

Ugo Njoku has been without a club ever since june last year when she returned from the French division 2 clubside...
her fitness rate should be 10%

Even Rivers Angel or Abia Divas!!!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by DerideGull(m): 11:13pm On Feb 19, 2019
Most Nigerian female players are very timid simply because of their looks. I must tell these girls that no female is ugly as long as the girl maintains solid grooming. If you are in this class, please I plead with you to cheer up and be brash.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 11:54pm On Feb 19, 2019
DerideGull:
Most Nigerian female players are very timid simply because of their looks. I must tell these girls that no female is ugly as long as the girl maintains solid grooming. If you are in this class, please I plead with you to cheer up and be brash.
Exactly how are they timid?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:54am On Feb 20, 2019
Reports says that the Presidential Election is behind the delay of the Superfalcons ability to resume camp for the Cyprus Cup.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 4:05pm On Feb 20, 2019
Schemerkhiz:
Reports says that the Presidential Election is behind the delay of the Superfalcons ability to resume camp for the Cyprus Cup.
This is not supposed to be. They should have booked the bulk flights long before. I hope we dont miss out on this tournament because it will make other organisers to avoid inviting us.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by DerideGull(m): 1:25am On Feb 21, 2019
PDPGuy:

You mean the tournament in Canada?

I meant USA for the world cup not U20 women.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by DerideGull(m): 1:30am On Feb 21, 2019
Schemerkhiz:

Esther Sunday should have been our Women Messi if she had maintained her skills and intelligence with the Ball...she has the abilities to get past 3 player's at once but faded off.......
if you watched her very well during her U20 days From 2010 to 2012 ... you could see how terrific and difficult for a defender to mark her... I think playing in the Belarusian, Turkish League really depreciated her game....

Esther Sunday is one my favorite female players out of Nigeria. A very skillful and talented girl however she seems selfish and prone to blunders.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:07am On Feb 21, 2019
olapluto:

This is not supposed to be. They should have booked the bulk flights long before. I hope we dont miss out on this tournament because it will make other organisers to avoid inviting us.
80% of the Squad members are foreign based player's..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:09am On Feb 21, 2019
DerideGull:

Esther Sunday is one my favorite female players out of Nigeria. A very skillful and talented girl however she seems selfish and prone to blunders.
After dribbling and making some wonderful moves she will end it with blunder passes or misses.
Fransisca Ordega is currently ahead of her Big time...
Having played in Sweden, Australia, Spain and her experience playing in th US give her more node ahead..Ordega is very Strong, fast, deadly in front of goal and gat some technique in getting past her Marker.... I found it difficult to differentiate between her two feet which is the strongest..

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:20am On Feb 21, 2019
The Left Wing Forward is currently stocked with so many Left footed player's but those using both feets would enjoy it better.
Fransisca Ordega
Chinwendu Ihezuo
Chinaza Uchendu
Uchenna Kanu....

probably Oghonna Chukwudi
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 12:46pm On Feb 21, 2019
is the squad list out
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:59pm On Feb 21, 2019
Superfalcons Cyprus Cup Squad
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:01pm On Feb 21, 2019
Cyprus Cup Squad

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 9:28pm On Feb 21, 2019
Formidable squad there, but Patricia George should have been invited.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:17pm On Feb 21, 2019
PDPGuy:
Formidable squad there, but Patricia George should have been invited.
I really do miss her name... but she just returned back to the US From Sweden few days ago...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 11:05am On Feb 22, 2019
in the their youth days Esther Sunday was far better than ordega but ordega has worked very hard and left Esther Sunday behind long time ago(
Schemerkhiz:

After dribbling and making some wonderful moves she will end it with blunder passes or misses.
Fransisca Ordega is currently ahead of her Big time...
Having played in Sweden, Australia, Spain and her experience playing in th US give her more node ahead..Ordega is very Strong, fast, deadly in front of goal and gat some technique in getting past her Marker.... I found it difficult to differentiate between her two feet which is the strongest..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:53pm On Feb 22, 2019
isan:
in the their youth days Esther Sunday was far better than ordega but ordega has worked very hard and left Esther Sunday behind long time ago(
Esther is naturally a gifted player, but I think she got carried away. while Fransisca Ordega is an hardworking player....who has kept on working harder..
Esther Sunday has played in Turkey, Belarus and Sweden lower division side...
Fransisca Ordega is currently playing in the US, has played in Russia, Spain, Sweden and Australia..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:56pm On Feb 22, 2019
Dennerby releases Cyprus Cup list

Super Falcons head coach, Thomas Dennerby,
will today make public the list of 24 players
who will fly Nigeria’s flag at the 2019 Cyprus Women’s Cup, Bestchoicesports understands.

The tournament billed to kick off from, 27 February to 6 March 2019, will be the 12th edition of the invitational 12-nation women’s football competition held annually in Cyprus, Middle East.

Daily Sun sports enquires revealed that coach Dennerby, is sticking to the 2018 AWCON winning squad as there were little changes to the list of players selected.

The nine-times African champions, will depart for Cyprus on Sunday, with their first match against Austria, next Wednesday.

Ranked 39th in the world, Falcons will also fight to overcome Belgium ranked 21st and Slovakia ranked 45th in group C to stand a chance of reaching the knockout stages of the annual invitational tournament.

Falcons recently played in four -nation tournament in China which featured Romania and South Korea as part of their preparation for the 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup in France.

The full list of the players:

*Goalkeepers* : Tochukwu Oluehi (Rivers Angels); Christy Ohiaeriaku (Confluence Queens); Chiamaka Nnadozie (Rivers Angels)

*Defenders* : Glory Ogbonna (Ibom Angels); Ngozi Ebere (Barcelona FC, Cyprus), Faith Michael (Pitea IF, Sweden); Onome Ebi (Henan Huisanhang, China); Osinachi Ohale (Vaxjo DFF, Sweden); Josephine Chukwunonye (Asarum AIF, Sweden)

*Midfielders* : Ceclia Nku(River Angels),
Amarachi Okoronkwo (Nasarawa Amazons); Ngozi Okobi (Eskiltuna UTD, Sweden); Rita Chikwelu (Krstianstand DFF, Sweden); Halimat Ayinde (Asarum AIF, Sweden).

*Forwards* : Anam Imo (Nasarawa Amazons); Rasheedat Ajibade (Avaldsnes IL, Norway); Asisat Oshoala (FC Barcelona ), Francisca Ordega (Washington Spirit, USA); Desire Oparanozie (En Avant Guingamp, France); Chinaza Uchendu (SC Braga, Portugal); Chinwendu Ihezuo (Biik Kazygurt, Kazakhstan), Ini-Abasi Umutong (Brighton& Hove Albion, England) and Uchenna Kanu (Orlando Kicks, USA), Alice Ogebe ( Rivers Angels) .

The Sun sourced.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:56pm On Feb 22, 2019
@NGSuper_Falcons second preparatory tournament ahead of 2019 @FIFAcom Women's World Cup in France. Nigeria play opening match against Austria on Wednesday Feb 27 and Slovakia on March 1st. Final group game against Belgium on March 4.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:57pm On Feb 22, 2019
Players and officals will arrive Abuja on Friday February 22. The delegation will depart Nigeria on Sunday evening with a layover in Egypt and arrive Larnaca on Monday.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 4:53pm On Feb 22, 2019
My expectation for Cyprus cup is that I want to see a more cohesive attack play. Lets see if the coach can improve the midfield to attack connection. We should do well against these teams as we are now more organised. Oshoala will have a lot of joy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (1065) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.