Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,577 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (793422 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (1068) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 9:21am On Mar 22, 2019
rasheedat Ajibade in her new club in Norway the season start tomorrow

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:00pm On Mar 22, 2019
Schemerkhiz:
According to International Federation of Football History and Statistics (IFFHS) the world Best Women playmaker in 2018 is Dzenifer Marozsan of Germany.
Who is Superfalcons playmaker of the year!..
Give your reason please!

I have to admit that Okobi has been underwhelming. I would have to select Ordega as my best playmaker, she has been the most consistent in finding solutions for the team. I believe she can play behind the striker and do way more than she has done so far.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:54pm On Mar 22, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

I have to admit that Okobi has been underwhelming. I would have to select Ordega as my best playmaker, she has been the most consistent in finding solutions for the team. I believe she can play behind the striker and do way more than she has done so far.
Ordega has been consistent with her top performance but will always tell you that Ngozi Sonia Okobi remain the Best playmaker we have... check out her U17, U20 performance and 2014 to 2016 you will see the difference.. The Truth is that she has lost a lot of Form and really need to recover as soon as possible... He defense splitting passes remains one of Superfalcons most dangerous weapon.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:58pm On Mar 22, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Just Last week here Desire Oparanozie remembered Okobi on Instagram of her terrific form in 2016 AWCON...
All Okobi could reply was that she needs that Form back...... She knows she's not at her Best.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:38am On Mar 23, 2019
Schemerkhiz:

Ordega has been consistent with her top performance but will always tell you that Ngozi Sonia Okobi remain the Best playmaker we have... check out her U17, U20 performance and 2014 to 2016 you will see the difference.. The Truth is that she has lost a lot of Form and really need to recover as soon as possible... He defense splitting passes remains one of Superfalcons most dangerous weapon.

I thought that the question was whom has been our best? If so I will stick with Ordega. I already know what Ngozi Okobi has to offer but she has not brought any of that lately
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:00pm On Mar 25, 2019
Oshoala and Messi

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:44am On Mar 29, 2019
Super Falcons Vs Canada Friendly Good Preparation For World Cup – Dennerby

By Schemerkhiz

Super Falcons coach Thomas Dennerby has said he is looking forward to the big challenge Canada will offer his team in a friendly next month in Spain.

The nine-time African champions will take on Canada on April 8 as well as a club from Iceland as part of their build-up to the Women’s World Cup in France.

“Canada will be a really good challenge for us because they are in the top-five teams in the world,” Dennerby said.

The Falcons, who have already featured in invitational tournaments in China and Cyprus, will also set up a training camp in Austria leading up to the World Cup.

It is the same camp the Super Eagles used prior to the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

The Falcons are drawn against hosts France, Norway and Korea at the 2019 World Cup in June.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:52am On Mar 29, 2019
Dennerby Identifies Two Strengths, Three Weaknesses Of Super Falcons Heading Into The World Cup
Published: March 29, 2019
Super Falcons manager Thomas Dennerby has identified three flaws in the team heading into this summer's Fifa Women's World Cup in France after admitting that he does not like the fact that the players find it difficult to create scoring chances, defend set-pieces and there are concerns about their build-up play.
Assessing the Super Falcons' strengths, the Swede praised their defensive play and ability to launch quick counter attacks.
''If I look at the team and the games we've played already this year, we still defend very good. It is hard to create scoring chances from that point of view,'' said Dennerby.
''We still have some work to do when we defend on set pieces and we are very good on quick counter attacks but we need to work a little bit on build-up play and trying to create chances also from passing all over the field - from defenders to midfielders to forwards - to really send quality passes to forwards to go for finishing.
''I think we have time and there's still a few more games before the World Cup starts.
''We can have a good team, the preparation is nothing to complain about, it's really good and we have time.''
The Super Falcons will face Canada in a pre-World Cup friendly on April 8 and have also lined up a friendly with an unnamed club from Iceland next month.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:57am On Mar 29, 2019
SuperEagles Coach, Gernot Rohr was a surprise guest at the Superfalcons training this morning #SoarSuperFalcons

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 11:03am On Mar 29, 2019
Schemerkhiz:
Dennerby Identifies Two Strengths, Three Weaknesses Of Super Falcons Heading Into The World Cup
Published: March 29, 2019
Super Falcons manager Thomas Dennerby has identified three flaws in the team heading into this summer's Fifa Women's World Cup in France after admitting that he does not like the fact that the players find it difficult to create scoring chances, defend set-pieces and there are concerns about their build-up play.
Assessing the Super Falcons' strengths, the Swede praised their defensive play and ability to launch quick counter attacks.
''If I look at the team and the games we've played already this year, we still defend very good. It is hard to create scoring chances from that point of view,'' said Dennerby.
''We still have some work to do when we defend on set pieces and we are very good on quick counter attacks but we need to work a little bit on build-up play and trying to create chances also from passing all over the field - from defenders to midfielders to forwards - to really send quality passes to forwards to go for finishing.

''I think we have time and there's still a few more games before the World Cup starts.
''We can have a good team, the preparation is nothing to complain about, it's really good and we have time.''
The Super Falcons will face Canada in a pre-World Cup friendly on April 8 and have also lined up a friendly with an unnamed club from Iceland next month.

Chikena! This coach has figured out the team. For me, he has summarized our super falcons and how we've been playing for years. I really pray he can work on the set pieces. As for creating chances from field play, I expect him to find ways to either help Okobi or draft cecilia Nku or Ajibade so we play a 4-4-2. Otherwise, Ordega can be drafted to midfield if her speed start to drop.

I am very happy this coach now understands our team much better. We need good midfielders that are mobile and creative. We have a lot of them at youth level, and we will be fine in coming years. Okobi just needs to step up, maybe move from Swedish league to Spain.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 6:47am On Apr 01, 2019
The NFF-Aiteo Nigerian football awards takes place at 7:30pm today. Check out the nominees for player of the year, young player of the year, etc. below.

NFF-Aiteo Nigerian Football Awards Holds Today At 7:30pm 
https://www.nairaland.com/5109699/nff-aiteo-nigerian-football-awards-holds#77159858

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 5:39am On Apr 02, 2019
List of all the winners at the NFF-Aiteo football awards.
https://www.nairaland.com/5111634/list-all-winners-nff-aiteo-football
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 2:26pm On Apr 02, 2019
The super falcons are billed to play a friendly against Canada next Monday. The friendly will be in Spain as the ladies continue camping. So far, the fixture is looking shaky, but I will be glad if they can play.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:32pm On Apr 03, 2019
Ahead France 2019: Super Falcons in Spain for two games
A delegation of the Super Falcons of Nigeria, including 24 players, has fully settled down in Spain as the African champions continue their preparations for the 8th FIFA Women’s World Cup finals in Spain this summer. A number of the players left on Monday night while the rest of the delegation departed Nigeria on Tuesday. Having already taken in two matches at the China Tournament in Meizhou in January and four matches at the Cyprus Women’s Cup in February, the Falcons will play two matches in Spain, including a high-profile clash with the Canada Women National Team. They first play a first division club, UMF Selfoss on Thursday, 4th April, before the potentially –explosive encounter with the Canadians on Monday, 8th April. The matches will hold in the city of Murcia. After their exploits in Spain, the nine –time African champions will prepare to take part in the eight –nation WAFU B Women’s Tournament in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire in May. Organizers announced on Tuesday that the tournament will hold 8th -18th May in the Ivorian capital, with the senior women teams of hosts Cote d’Ivoire, Nigeria, Ghana, Mali, Senegal, Togo, Burkina Faso and Niger Republic taking part. The draw ceremony for the WAFU B Tournament has been scheduled for Tuesday, 16th April. After the WAFU Cup tourney, the Super Falcons will move to the Avita Resort in Bad Tatzmannsdorf in Austria – the same facility that hosted the Super Eagles ahead of their flight to Russia for the FIFA World Cup finals last year summer. From Austria, the Falcons will fly into France, where they take on Norway, Korea Republic and tournament hosts France in the group stage of the 8th FIFA Women’s World Cup finals, holding 7th June – 7th July. 24 SUPER FALCONS IN SPAIN

Goalkeepers : Tochukwu Oluehi; Alaba Jonathan; Chiamaka Nnadozie

Defenders: Faith Michael; Onome Ebi; Osinachi Ohale; Josephine Chukwunonye; Ngozi Ebere; Patricia George

Midfielders: Ngozi Okobi; Rita Chikwelu; Halimatu Ayinde; Cecilia Nku; Ogonna Chukwudi

Forwards: Asisat Oshoala; Rasheedat Ajibade; Anam Imo; Chinaza Uchendu; Courtney Dike; Desire Oparanozie; Ini-Abasi Umotong; Alice Ogebe; Antionette Oyedupe Payne; Uchenna Kanu

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 9:58pm On Apr 03, 2019
Schemerkhiz:
A delegation of the Super Falcons of Nigeria, including 24 players, has fully settled down in Spain as the African champions continue their preparations for the 8th FIFA Women’s World Cup finals in Spain this summer. A number of the players left on Monday night while the rest of the delegation departed Nigeria on Tuesday. Having already taken in two matches at the China Tournament in Meizhou in January and four matches at the Cyprus Women’s Cup in February, the Falcons will play two matches in Spain, including a high-profile clash with the Canada Women National Team. They first play a first division club, UMF Selfoss on Thursday, 4th April, before the potentially –explosive encounter with the Canadians on Monday, 8th April. The matches will hold in the city of Murcia. After their exploits in Spain, the nine –time African champions will prepare to take part in the eight –nation WAFU B Women’s Tournament in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire in May. Organizers announced on Tuesday that the tournament will hold 8th -18th May in the Ivorian capital, with the senior women teams of hosts Cote d’Ivoire, Nigeria, Ghana, Mali, Senegal, Togo, Burkina Faso and Niger Republic taking part. The draw ceremony for the WAFU B Tournament has been scheduled for Tuesday, 16th April. After the WAFU Cup tourney, the Super Falcons will move to the Avita Resort in Bad Tatzmannsdorf in Austria – the same facility that hosted the Super Eagles ahead of their flight to Russia for the FIFA World Cup finals last year summer. From Austria, the Falcons will fly into France, where they take on Norway, Korea Republic and tournament hosts France in the group stage of the 8th FIFA Women’s World Cup finals, holding 7th June – 7th July. 24 SUPER FALCONS IN SPAIN

Defenders: Faith Michael; Onome Ebi; Osinachi Ohale; Josephine Chukwunonye; Ngozi Ebere; Patricia George

Midfielders: Ngozi Okobi; Rita Chikwelu; Halimatu Ayinde; Cecilia Nku; Ogonna Chukwudi

Forwards: Asisat Oshoala; Rasheedat Ajibade; Anam Imo; Chinaza Uchendu; Courtney Dike; Desire Oparanozie; Ini-Abasi Umotong; Alice Ogebe; Antionette Oyedupe Payne; Uchenna Kanu

Baring any injuries, I think this is going to be 90% of the team going to the world cup. Really happy that Alaba Jonathan has made it. I think only Ordega will be added to this team and I dont see anyone gatecrashing anymore.
Its time to start gelling as a team. Most leagues will finish mid May and we should have a closed camp of 4 weeks intensive before going to France. I am quite optimistic with this list.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 10:32pm On Apr 03, 2019
ASisat is injured Courtney dike is not active and dupe Payne is not cleared yet i know the team is in Spain but this list is fake
Schemerkhiz:

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 11:29am On Apr 04, 2019
isan:
ASisat is injured Courtney dike is not active and dupe Payne is not cleared yet i know the team is in Spain but this list is fake
I just saw Courtney Dike in the training pix.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isaiah9(m): 1:54pm On Apr 04, 2019
olapluto:

pls post the pix
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 2:26pm On Apr 04, 2019
isaiah9:
pls post the pix

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 3:20pm On Apr 04, 2019
OK
olapluto:

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:53am On Apr 05, 2019
Super Falcons get two additional foreign coaches

By Editor

05 April 2019  

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) yesterday announced that it has approved two additional foreign coaches for the Super Falcons, saying it is part of the efforts to ensure adequate preparations for the team ahead of the Eighth FIFA Women’s World Cup finals in France.

The coaches are Per Harlsson, who is now the team’s conditioning coach, and Matti Demegard, who will work as video analyst for the nine–time African champions before and during the World Cup finals.

The federation said both were recommended by Head Coach Thomas Dennerby.

These additions come on the back of two preparatory tournaments in China and Cyprus, an ongoing one in Spain, scheduled participation in the WAFU B Tournament and final camping programme in the world –renown Avita Resort in Austria, making the Class of 2019 perhaps the most –prepared Super Falcons for any FIFA World Cup finals since the competition was launched 28 years ago.

Explaining the relevance of the new staff to the team, Dennerby said: “The analyst collects clips on players, processes them and the players can come to the analyst a day after the game to see the different situations they were into. We also do it on team base so that we can see defending line, midfield, build up play, finishing and so on. This is very important for the education of the players and technical understanding.

“Then we have the conditioning coach who is building the endurance of players as well as speed muscles. His role is to help our players to get quicker and better stamina.

He is also a really important part of the team.”

Falcons will play Icelandic top division side, UMF Selfoss today before facing Canada Women National Team on Monday.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 10:37am On Apr 05, 2019
See the clear difference between local coach and foreign coach. Foreign coach will force the hands of NFF to do things right. I am happy the players are getting education as it relates to how to play and what to do on the pitch. There will be less chaos in our play and hopefully, we can maximise our strengths.
If my knowledge serves me right, this is the first time we have a dedicated video analyst for the Super falcons.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 2:59pm On Apr 05, 2019
Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 3:03pm On Apr 05, 2019
Soon, we kick off vs UMF Selfoss. Good to get something like 6-0.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naijaseeker: 3:35pm On Apr 05, 2019
Schemerkhiz:
Super Falcons get two additional foreign coaches

By Editor

05 April 2019  

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) yesterday announced that it has approved two additional foreign coaches for the Super Falcons, saying it is part of the efforts to ensure adequate preparations for the team ahead of the Eighth FIFA Women’s World Cup finals in France.

The coaches are Per Harlsson, who is now the team’s conditioning coach, and Matti Demegard, who will work as video analyst for the nine–time African champions before and during the World Cup finals.

The federation said both were recommended by Head Coach Thomas Dennerby.

These additions come on the back of two preparatory tournaments in China and Cyprus, an ongoing one in Spain, scheduled participation in the WAFU B Tournament and final camping programme in the world –renown Avita Resort in Austria, making the Class of 2019 perhaps the most –prepared Super Falcons for any FIFA World Cup finals since the competition was launched 28 years ago.

Explaining the relevance of the new staff to the team, Dennerby said: “The analyst collects clips on players, processes them and the players can come to the analyst a day after the game to see the different situations they were into. We also do it on team base so that we can see defending line, midfield, build up play, finishing and so on. This is very important for the education of the players and technical understanding.

“Then we have the conditioning coach who is building the endurance of players as well as speed muscles. His role is to help our players to get quicker and better stamina.

He is also a really important part of the team.”

Falcons will play Icelandic top division side, UMF Selfoss today before facing Canada Women National Team on Monday.

Who are these two ladies please
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naijaseeker: 3:44pm On Apr 05, 2019
olapluto:

Baring any injuries, I think this is going to be 90% of the team going to the world cup. Really happy that Alaba Jonathan has made it. I think only Ordega will be added to this team and I dont see anyone gatecrashing anymore.
Its time to start gelling as a team. Most leagues will finish mid May and we should have a closed camp of 4 weeks intensive before going to France. I am quite optimistic with this list.

How about Chinwendu Ihezuo, I would have also liked a Sarah Nnodim i the dfence and Ugo Njiku
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 5:38pm On Apr 05, 2019
Friendly ongoing. Nigeria leading by 5-1. Its like we lent them Alaba to stay in goal.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 7:17pm On Apr 05, 2019
Super Falcons Defeats Icelandic Side Selfloss 6-1 (+ a video by Ini Umotong).

https://www.nairaland.com/5118683/super-falcons-defeats-icelandic-side
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isaiah9(m): 7:23pm On Apr 05, 2019
[quote author=olapluto post=77259723][/quote] wow my girl is back cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isaiah9(m): 7:31pm On Apr 05, 2019
So Courtney dike scored a hat trick tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 8:13pm On Apr 05, 2019
all three new striker scored today

Courtney dike x3
INI umotong x2
uchenna kal x1

oparanozie go chop bench o
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 8:17pm On Apr 05, 2019
this link has been hijacked by tribalism
naptu2:
Super Falcons Defeats Icelandic Side Selfloss 6-1 (+ a video by Ini Umotong).

https://www.nairaland.com/5118683/super-falcons-defeats-icelandic-side

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (1068) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: ThePresenceWtf, PDPGuy and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.