Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,425 members, 7,800,909 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (785462 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (1064) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 3:35pm On May 22, 2019
olapluto:

Actually this is more like what we will see in France. Except Oshoala for Kanu and Anam Imo keeps her place. Ordega will probably be a sub.
Uchenna Kanu is a good sub too. I wish the team could play a good friendly few days to the start so the can test their tactics.
Do you think Anam IMO will hold on to that Right wing back position ahead of Alice Ogebe??
Because Alice Ogebe performance at the WAFU Cup was top notch
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 3:36pm On May 22, 2019
Pictures from the Superfalcons Camp in Austra

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 4:55pm On May 22, 2019
Super Falcons Arrive Austria For Pre-World Cup Training Camp (Photos)
https://www.nairaland.com/5202285/super-falcons-arrive-austria-pre#78621667
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 5:42pm On May 22, 2019
Schemerkhiz:

Do you think Anam IMO will hold on to that Right wing back position ahead of Alice Ogebe??
Because Alice Ogebe performance at the WAFU Cup was top notch
Actually I prefer Alice over Anam. However looking at club forms I will actually play Okobi in that position and play Ajibade in the attacking midfield position. Okobi plays like that for her club and Ajibade is a better attacking midfielder for now.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 5:45pm On May 22, 2019
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 5:47pm On May 22, 2019
Schemerkhiz:
Pictures from the Superfalcons Camp in Austra
Missing from the pic...
Ikidi...arriving after her game with Piteå
Ihezuo
Oshoala....close by in Spain. Should join by weekend too.
Cecilia Nku
Chukwunonye Josephine.
Onome Ebi
Coach should drop 4 players by weekend so they have a full week to tighly master the tactics.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 6:01pm On May 22, 2019
olapluto:

Missing from the pic...
Ikidi...arriving after her game with Piteå
Ihezuo
Oshoala....close by in Spain. Should join by weekend too.
Cecilia Nku
Chukwunonye Josephine.
Onome Ebi
Coach should drop 4 players by weekend so they have a full week to tighly master the tactics.

Oshoala is currently in Nigeria (Lagos and Abuja), but she says that she's only staying in Nigeria for 2 days.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:35pm On May 22, 2019
Schemerkhiz:
This was the coach last formation against Canada.....3-5-2
With the presence of Ordega and Oshoala now...!
How will the formation look like?
And as for Uchenna Kanu what will be the coaches options about her...

Evelyn Nwabouku, Ogebe, Ordega and Oshoala should break into the side.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 8:11pm On May 22, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Evelyn Nwabouku, Ogebe, Ordega and Oshoala should break into the side.
Rita Chikwelu fitness is key. Will the coach be bold to drop her now that she's not the captain?
Also making Oparanozie captain means she's rightly first choice forward.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:32pm On May 22, 2019
olapluto:

Rita Chikwelu fitness is key. Will the coach be bold to drop her now that she's not the captain?
Also making Oparanozie captain means she's rightly first choice forward.

You know the whole story. I honestly think Okobi's position would also be under threat. Her performances lately have not been at her standard and we would need more grafting in the middle so we might have to do without a number 10.

I have been trying and I still can't explain to myself why Ordega shouldn't start but I also feel she can do great off the bench. Mehn, this team is jam packed in the forward department.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:05pm On May 22, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

You know the whole story. I honestly think Okobi's position would also be under threat. Her performances lately have not been at her standard and we would need more grafting in the middle so we might have to do without a number 10.

I have been trying and I still can't explain to myself why Ordega shouldn't start but I also feel she can do great off the bench. Mehn, this team is jam packed in the forward department.

Okobi position can't be in threat at all
She's the most skillful player in the team. And have the ability to deliver defence splitting passes.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 9:31pm On May 22, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Actually, you're right about the being blessed with good attackers. However, I think we're more solid with the experienced defenders. We have a good blend,but the main problem is the midfield link.
Okobi has not been shining and honestly, I wont be surprised if she's dropped. It all depends on how well they master their positions in coming weeks.

The coach is somehow confident and I hope that goes through the whole team.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 9:33pm On May 22, 2019
Schemerkhiz:

Okobi position can't be in threat at all
She's the most skillful player in the team. And have the ability to deliver defence splitting passes.

Believe me, Okobi's not in form. I was not happy watching her game for Eklistuna where she's a wing back. She still has it in her, but we need more than that. Ajibade can do better and she's quicker.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:16pm On May 22, 2019
olapluto:

Actually, you're right about the being blessed with good attackers. However, I think we're more solid with the experienced defenders. We have a good blend,but the main problem is the midfield link.
Okobi has not been shining and honestly, I wont be surprised if she's dropped. It all depends on how well they master their positions in coming weeks.

Yes our defenders are good and experienced but this 3 at the back leaves a few questions to be asked about the wingback position. We have so many offensive players that some might trickle in there.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:53am On May 23, 2019
olapluto:

Ajibade is good but can't really offer what Okobi does in the midfield.....The likes of Halimatu Ayinde, Rita Chikwelu, Evelyn Nwabuoku are more confident playing alongside her due to her attacking attributes and defence splitting passes..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:57am On May 23, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Yes our defenders are good and experienced but this 3 at the back leaves a few questions to be asked about the wingback position. We have so many offensive players that some might trickle in there.

Experience is going to work in the Favor of our 3 Center Backs and as for Faith Ikidi that's the position she has been playing for her Clubside which i think Thomas Dennerby is also Using in her Favour...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:54am On May 24, 2019

Football Latest 

FIFA Women World Cup: Cameroon Final 23 Squad List

May 24, 2019  Edefe Evelyn  0 Comments #Cameroon, #Football

The Federation Of Cameroon Football, FECAFOOT has released final list of 23 players going to the FIFA Women World Cup in France next month:

Goalkeepers

Annette Ngo Ndom – (Amazones FAP, Cameroon)
Isabelle Mambingo – (AS GREEN CITY, Cameroon)
Ongmahan Marthe-( AS AWA FF,  Cameroon,)

Defenders

Augustine Ejangue Siliki- (Arna-Bjørnard, Sweden)
Manie Christine – (AS Nancy Lorraine, France)
Marie Awona – (FC Dijon , France)
Leuko Chibosso -( Strasbourg, Vauban France)
Meffometou Tcheno – +Guingamp, France)
Isis Sonkeng – (Amazones FAP, Cameroon)
Estelle Johnson – (Sky Blue, USA)

Midfielders

Feudjio Raissa – (Granadilla Tenerife Spain)
Jeannette Ngock Yango – (Saint Malo ,France)
Marlyse Ngo Ndoumbouk – (AS Nancy ,France)
Abena Therese – Louves MinProff, (Cameroon)
Meyong Menene Charlene – (Louves MinProff, Cameroon)
Ngo Mbeleck Genevieve – (Amazones FAP, Cameroon)

Forwards

Enganamouit Gaelle – Unattached
Aboudi Onguene Gabrielle – (CSKA Moscow, Russian)
Ajara Njoya – (Valerenga IF ,Sweden)
Ngono Mani Michèle – (Ambily, France)
Abam Michaela – (Paris FC, France)
Takounda Engolo – (Éclair de Sa’a Cameroon)
Akaba Edoa Michèle -( Amazones FAP ,Cameroon)
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 11:14am On May 24, 2019
Training Continue

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 11:15am On May 24, 2019
Superfalcons

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 12:18pm On May 24, 2019
More pics

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by SexynSerious(f): 3:29pm On May 24, 2019
Halimat Ayinde and Rita Chikwelu are like men sha! I would say 'good afternoon, sir' if I pass them on the street.

LOL grin

naptu2:
The players have been posting pictures and videos of their reunion all afternoon.

Left to right) Chinaza Uchendu, Halimat Ayinde, Ngozi Okobi, Rita Chikwelu and Anam Imo.

2nd picture) Desire Oparanozie

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by SexynSerious(f): 3:30pm On May 24, 2019
Ordega a sub? How is that possible? She was arguably our best player at the last Woman AFCON.

Who do you think is going to take her position?

olapluto:

Actually this is more like what we will see in France. Except Oshoala for Kanu and Anam Imo keeps her place. Ordega will probably be a sub.
Uchenna Kanu is a good sub too. I wish the team could play a good friendly few days to the start so the can test their tactics.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 4:30pm On May 24, 2019
SexynSerious:
Ordega a sub? How is that possible? She was arguably our best player at the last Woman AFCON.

Who do you think is going to take her position?

The coach cannot play the 3 of Oshoala, Oparanozie and Ordega in a 3-5-2 formation, else he is looking for imbalance, except if Ordega plays as a wing back, and that will involve a lot of tracking back.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by SexynSerious(f): 4:59pm On May 24, 2019
Got it. But why do we have to play 3-5-2 when our 3 best players are forwards?

Why can't we play 3-4-3 or 4-3-3?

olapluto:

The coach cannot play the 3 of Oshoala, Oparanozie and Ordega in a 3-5-2 formation, else he is looking for imbalance, except if Ordega plays as a wing back, and that will involve a lot of tracking back.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:14pm On May 24, 2019
SexynSerious:
Got it. But why do we have to play 3-5-2 when our 3 best players are forwards?

Why can't we play 3-4-3 or 4-3-3?

The Coach should be the one answering this question because i see no reasons to play 3-5-2 when you have deadly strikers upfront...
how will Ordega, Oparanozie, Oshoala and even Kanu have playing time...
Benching any of the O trio is probably not a good idea.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by SexynSerious(f): 5:16pm On May 24, 2019
I totally agree!

Schemerkhiz:

The Coach should be the one answering this question because i see no reasons to play 3-5-2 when you have deadly strikers upfront...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 5:43pm On May 24, 2019
Schemerkhiz:

We lose defensive discipline easily, so we can sacrifice attacker for defensive solidity. Attackers win you matches, defenders win you tournaments.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:28pm On May 24, 2019
OFFICIAL: 23 SUPER FALCONS FOR 8TH FIFA WORLD CUP FINALS
Goalkeepers: Tochukwu Oluehi (Rivers Angels) Alaba Jonathan (Bayelsa Queens); Chiamaka Nnadozie (Rivers Angels)

Defenders: Osinachi Ohale (Vaxjo DFF, Sweden) Ngozi Ebere (Arna Bjornar, Norway) Onome Ebi (Henan Huisanhang, China) Faith Michael (Pitea IF, Sweden) Chidinma Okeke (FC Robo)

Midfielders: Rita Chikwelu (Krstianstand DFF, Sweden); Ngozi Okobi-Okeoghene (Eskiltuna United, Sweden); Evelyn Nwabuoku (Rivers Angels); Ogonna Chukwudi (Djurgardens IF, Sweden); Halimatu Ayinde (Eskiltuna United, Sweden); Amarachi Okoronkwo (Nasarawa Amazons)

Forwards: Desire Oparanozie (En Avant Guingamp, France); Anam Imo (Malmo FC Rosengard, Sweden); Asisat Oshoala (FC Barcelona, Spain); Chinaza Uchendu (SC Braga, Portugal); Uchenna Kanu (Southeastern University, USA); Rasheedat Ajibade (Alvadsnes IL, Norway); Francisca Ordega (Shanghai W. FC); Alice Ogebe (Rivers Angels); Chinwendu Ihezuo (Henana Huisanhang, China)

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:30pm On May 24, 2019
Christy Ohaeriaku, Josephine Chukwunonye, Cecilia Nku, Ini Umotong were dropped....

Josephine Chukwunonye is my Surprise exclusion here, probably because of injury
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 7:35pm On May 24, 2019
Very good list. Really painful to see Chukwunonye miss out. I am also surprised Cecilia Nku was dropped.
Bright future for the Superfalcons with the young players like Okeke, Nnadozie, Amarachi Okoronkwo, Anam Imo and Ajibade. An exciting squad that can hold its own.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 7:46pm On May 24, 2019
umotong being dropped is a shocker to me
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:56pm On May 24, 2019
[quote author=olapluto post=78687586]Very good list. Really painful to see Chukwunonye miss out. I am also surprised Cecilia Nku was dropped.
Bright future for the Superfalcons with the young players like Okeke, Nnadozie, Amarachi Okoronkwo, Anam Imo and Ajibade. An exciting squad that can hold its own. [/quote

Amarachi Grace Okoronkwo (born December 12, 1992) 26yrs is a Nigerian footballer who currently plays for Nasarawa Amazons in the Nigerian Women Premier League and the Nigeria women's national football team . She previously played for Kokkola F10 in Finland
she has been in the Superfalcons set up since 2010 AWCON

The young (Under23)players in the team are
Chiamaka Nnadozie 18yrs
Chidinma Okeke 18yrs
Rasheedat Ajibade 19yrs
Anam IMO 18yrs
Alice Ogebe
Uchenna Kanu 21yrs...but will be 22 during the WCup.
Chinaza Uchendu 21yrs
Chinwendu Ihezuo 21yrs

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (1064) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.