Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:41 AM

See Peter Obi’s Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire (A Must Read) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Peter Obi’s Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire (A Must Read) (475 Views)

"Buhari In 2019 Or We Set The Zoo Ablaze!!!" - Dauda Umar Potiskum / Ex-Gov. Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire / Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

See Peter Obi’s Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire (A Must Read) by Shawntops(m): 9:12am On Oct 11, 2016
“To you young people, Take Back your Country…it is your future they are toying with”. – Peter Obi

“I reduced my convoy to 5 vehicles and you cannot buy fuel unless I am in the car”.- Peter Obi

“If I sleep in a hotel and have to pay N250k a night, I will be awake all night…feeling like I was robbed”. – Peter Obi

“You know there are many big men in Anambra state, so when they want to see me, I say to them I will come to you instead”.- Peter Obi

“We handed schools back to Churches and by 2013, we were number one in WAEC.”- Peter Obi

“I beg you to participate more in politics, the society we help them abuse today will take its revenge tomorrow”.- Peter Obi

“The only way out of recession is to spend for growth. You can only spend for growth either from savings or from borrowing.
The question is: what are you borrowing for?
Are you borrowing for consumption or for production?
When you borrow for consumption, you are heading for disaster.”

— Peter Obi.

” I had to stop the Presidential lodge in Anambra… A project awarded at 400million. I had to close down state house in lagos and Abuja… Because I felt we dont need it…. Even when other states had.”

” They said President Obasanjo is coming… I went to borrow the kind of cars they wanted… Instead of spending millions… From a neigbouring state.”

“I requested Obasanjo to spend the nights in my lodge Since they said he must sleep over… I asked my wife to pack out of my bedroom… We went opposite to lodge in a hotel (name mentioned) for the week, we paid N30,000 instead of N100,000.”

“I used the 150million for 2 bullet proof cars to buy almost 50 Peugeot cars at 3 million each.. gave 17 to JUDGES and 18 to permanent Secretaries (because i discovered they did not have cars) and kept 10 for govt house… which I used as Governor… I did not use bullet proof cars as Governor.”

“They said we should attend world Igbo Congress in U. S…. That the budget WAS cut from 40 to 32million…. I asked them why… That only one person should go and come and tell us what was discussed.”

“Instead of paying 30,000 for each security personnel (about 30) per night in Abuja, I told IG to give me Police whenever am in Abuja….I travel alone… Ppl complained…. The 15 drivers lodged in Abuja state house…who come to airport to cause confusion, i asked to go, kept only 3. The others to go back to Akwa or look for job… I asked the cook to go back to Akwa instead of giving him 30,000 per plate.”

“When Governors lodge and Govt house was burnt before I came… With budget of 400million and 300 million, I repaired them for 42 million and 80million respectively. They wanted to impeach me that I did not spend by due process… Following the awarded Contracts and contractor…. I saw a table.. That my predecessor used, they said its old… I asked them to renovate it… That all i needed was a table to write as Governor… ”

” So so so I was able to save money and made sure that ANAMBRA HAS THE BEST ROAD NETWORK THAN ANY OTHER STATE IN NIGERIA…..”

♡♡♡♡♤♤♤♤ PETER OBI….WORDS ON MARBLE! ”

The former Governor of Anambra state, Peter Obi made some staggering revelations on how most states are run.

He made this revelation while speaking at The Platform, a program organised by Covenant Christian Center.

The former Governor also called on Nigerians to stop celebrating criminality, adding that there is enough money for development in Nigeria.

Obi, who spoke on the topic: Cutting cost in governance, said he saved over N75b for Anambra state.

Obi said he saved $50m and N7b in Access bank, $55m and N10b in Fidelity bank, and $155.4m in Diamond bank.

According to him, the over-bloated spending habit of most governors is what is causing poverty.

Obi also added that the states can still function on their income and still save money.

The former Governor called on Nigerians to question the commitments of the leaders who they voted into office.

He also slammed religious leaders for not speaking up against corruption, especially when they know the person has not viable source of income.

Speaking on calls to borrow money to boost the economy, Obi said “There is nothing wrong with borrowing. The crisis we are facing is that we do not know what we are using the money we are borrowing for.”

Highlighting ways on how Governors can save money, he said:

1. Governors spend N600 – N800b to run their office and sponsor their aides.

2. Initiate competitive procurement.

3. Do away with unconstitutional office of the first lady which is run with N2b.

4. Reduce Governor’s cars to 2, instead of 6 bullet-proof cars.

5. Reduce Govt house jeeps instead of 25 jeeps.

He revealed to the audience that it used to cost him and his contingent, 10m per trip to Abuja when he travels.

Obi said he had to cut down the expenses, because he found out that over 30 people who had nothing to do in Abuja were going with him.

“When Ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo wanted to come to Anambra state, they were supposed to used N500m to construct a presidential lodge, but I asked the President to sleep in my house through-out his stay,” he said.

Finally, the former Governor asked Nigerian youths to take back their future by joining politics.

Peter Obi is a recipient of numerous national awards and recognition as a result of his exemplary tenure as governor

Source:http://www.shawntops.com/2016/10/see-peter-obis-quotes-that-set-internet.html
Re: See Peter Obi’s Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire (A Must Read) by yeyeboi(m): 9:18am On Oct 11, 2016
Ok

(1) (Reply)

People Are Causing Divisions Within APC – Aisha Buhari / Police Recover N2.7m Bribe Money From Assistant Commissioner Of Police / ONDO ELECTION; Jegede And The Heavy Yoke Of Ibraheem's Judgement-by Tope Tomeku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.