Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,224 members, 7,807,755 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

Yobo Sues Complete Sports Paper; Asks For N500m Damages - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Yobo Sues Complete Sports Paper; Asks For N500m Damages (36782 Views)

Gideon Yobo And Wife Welcome Baby (photos) / Odemwingie & Complete Sports Editor Fight On Twitter / Yobo Sues Complete Sports Paper; Asks For N500m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yobo Sues Complete Sports Paper; Asks For N500m Damages by eldee(m): 1:28pm On Oct 21, 2009
alexchiny:

My question is,
is this the right time for this?
Cant he wait until after qualifications? i think he is trying to divert our minds,we can neva forget the embarrasing results he and his colleagues churned out against Tunisia and Mozambigue. make him go rest jo!!!!!!!!!!

Is this the right time for this?? Let's first ask, is this the right time for Complete Sports to shatter the moral of a player in the Super Eagles??
They obviously did it in the spur of the moment to milk the anger Nigerians had as mch as possible.
And he's only suing so they can stop printing lies and start reporting news as soon as possible too.
Re: Yobo Sues Complete Sports Paper; Asks For N500m Damages by eldee(m): 1:37pm On Oct 21, 2009
adefash:

N500m for damage??
which damage,dem damage his leg
if it works like that complete sport should come and do same to me every week and pay me same.
N500m ko make im go sidon joooooooo

What damages?? It's prolly for the money they made off selling the papers and also the amount of marketing deals he'll lose when Nigerians start pinpointing him as the cause of the failure of the Super Eagles to qualify.
He's the captain of the Super Eagles and a premiership star, he most definitely makes more than £2mil a year in marketing.

A damages claim against you will not be up to that . . . why?? Because you're not losing nothing from getting your face on paper for allegedly organising a party.
He's probablygoing to lose his major source of income because of that.
Re: Yobo Sues Complete Sports Paper; Asks For N500m Damages by timpaker(m): 4:47pm On Oct 21, 2009
embarassedIs he broke? embarassed
Re: Yobo Sues Complete Sports Paper; Asks For N500m Damages by mrperfect(m): 7:09pm On Oct 21, 2009
Let him have a rethink
Re: Yobo Sues Complete Sports Paper; Asks For N500m Damages by baslone: 7:49pm On Oct 21, 2009
What kind of rethink, I would have done the same!
Re: Yobo Sues Complete Sports Paper; Asks For N500m Damages by meine: 8:00pm On Oct 21, 2009
:oI tire for some Nairalanders oooo, because Nigeria lost a world cup match does it mean Joseph Yobo should be stripped of his right to defend himself for whatever reason best known to him? If he feels aggrived he has taken the right step by suing for damages and that doesnt mean the judge will award him all the N500 million should he win. Its part of the lawlessness that is prevalent in our society,anything goes whether true or false! shocked

It baffles me why an average Nigerian is always  afraid of taking his/her case to court, this is why our leaders keeps feeding us with shit and we cant stand up to them,we are somehow "Court timid".

Do you know what it means to have a lie printed about you and pasted on the front page of a newspaper.

Please leave Yobo to defend himself and stop blaming him for super eagles failure, because he didnt put a gun to anybody's head to be selected into the team or to be made the captain of the team either!

And CS had better get their facts right for a proper defense or else they will be a scapegoat for junk journalism that is prevalent in Nigeria.
Re: Yobo Sues Complete Sports Paper; Asks For N500m Damages by baslone: 8:10pm On Oct 21, 2009
I tire ohhh
Re: Yobo Sues Complete Sports Paper; Asks For N500m Damages by 9ijaprince(m): 8:41pm On Oct 21, 2009
I love what yobo is doing. This will go a long way in bringing sanity to our print and electronics media who have been misleading us with false information. Lots of journalists in nigeria are brown envelope journalists who collect money from mediocre players so that the will get national recognition.
Re: Yobo Sues Complete Sports Paper; Asks For N500m Damages by gbengaijot(m): 11:40pm On Oct 21, 2009
yobo is doing the right thing, sentiments or no sentiments. I have personally had issues with this same Publisher before, where he libelled me on one of his newspapers. Funny thing was that, i confronted him physically in his office and he still refuses to apologise. I believe his elderly ego was in play in that situation.

I know a lot of individuals will support Sunny Obazu, but he deserves to be sued to court. A publisher should know that when you write incorrect stories about individuals, you are meant to correct such stories in subsequent edition!!!
Re: Yobo Sues Complete Sports Paper; Asks For N500m Damages by vislabraye(m): 12:17am On Oct 22, 2009
Let's give Yobo a break. He has the right to sue; is that not part of his Human right? Why can't Nigerians understand that? I'm not in support of either party ( the defendant or prosecutor), but i feel he has the right to straighten things out. Let us all act maturely instead of insulting Yobo for whatever reason(s).
Many of our journalists and sports commentators are not properly trained. This could act as a warning to them.
Re: Yobo Sues Complete Sports Paper; Asks For N500m Damages by cashful(m): 12:01am On Oct 23, 2009
he is doing the right thing, he wants to show that he cares and was touched by the result of the game and wouldn't have gone partying or clubbing on a day many Nigerian hearts were broken;
anyhow let the judges decide
Re: Yobo Sues Complete Sports Paper; Asks For N500m Damages by emmyjolly: 11:58pm On Oct 23, 2009
I wish I could see that stupid Yobo and slap him. He's angry with the truth! Idiot.

He should stop coming to play for super-eagles, if he does not come, someone else would play better than him.

Guy a big fool for posting this i swear,yobo has being very helpful to our national team since he became a member and
the way you people should be grateful to him you fools are saying shit about him!!!dumb skulls,snitch!!!! shocked
Re: Yobo Sues Complete Sports Paper; Asks For N500m Damages by Chiaka(f): 11:46am On Oct 27, 2009
Yobo is being greedy period. I dont believe the complete sport story is 100% wrong. Therez time for everything. When you got a business and therez a celebration, you count cut down excesses and make the celebration brief or better still move it to a more convenient time.
Re: Yobo Sues Complete Sports Paper; Asks For N500m Damages by Chiaka(f): 11:54am On Oct 27, 2009
Thanks complete sports this will make all dem super eaglets who aint taking the national team serious, to rethink. I dont like the non chalant atitude most of them display when they are playing in the national team. Its the Nigerian national team for crying out loud not their local village teams. As for yobo or yogo or yoyo whatever, dont give him a dime, let him go make Nigerians proud.
Re: Yobo Sues Complete Sports Paper; Asks For N500m Damages by sulad82i(m): 11:24am On Feb 02, 2010
This case reminds me of the same s.h, it C. Ronaldo did when he was still at Manchester. He had an accident and was said to have been drinking that night. He sued for the same reason and demand apology.
And seriously, this will teach lots of journalist lesson, dont write false news about anybody! period.
Re: Yobo Sues Complete Sports Paper; Asks For N500m Damages by galatico(m): 1:16pm On Feb 02, 2010
Good !!!
Re: Yobo Sues Complete Sports Paper; Asks For N500m Damages by allboyz(m): 1:27pm On Feb 02, 2010
and has the money been paid? shior!
Re: Yobo Sues Complete Sports Paper; Asks For N500m Damages by rogerbyy: 4:50am On Jul 23, 2016

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nominees For The Best FIFA Football Awards™ 2020 Revealed / Jude Ighalo's Kids Resume School (Photo) / AFCON 2019: The Top 10 Players To Watch Out For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.