Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

Exams Officer At British Council Or Assistant Registrar At WAEC? Informed Advice - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Exams Officer At British Council Or Assistant Registrar At WAEC? Informed Advice (33526 Views)

British Council Recruitment: Exams Officer (two Roles – Lagos & Abuja) / How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. / Is This Job Alert For Assistant Exam Officers At WAEC Real? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exams Officer At British Council Or Assistant Registrar At WAEC? Informed Advice by GraceAndFavour: 12:02am On Oct 12, 2016
Please I need the advice of informed, experienced and intelligent people on this forum.

I have two job offers before me and I must make a choice between them immediately. Below is little information about the two positions.

1. EXAMINATIONS OFFICER AT BRITISH COUNCIL
This is a graduate position at the starter level of Pay Band 4 with a monthly net pay a little above N200k. The following are my points of attraction to this position:
(a) The organization has a world-class reputation
(b) The working environment is world-class and very ICT complaint.
(c) Location advantage.
(d) 13th and 14th month salaries with good pension plan.
(e) Probation period is 3 months.

Despite the above, I have some reservations which includes that the position is a junior staff position and it is an indefinite contract.

2. ASSISTANT REGISTRAR AT WAEC
This is an experienced and international position at grade level 9. The monthly net pay may be less than that of British Council above. My attractions to this position are:
(a) The reputation of the organization.
(b) The position is international and senior.
(c) The job security and the fact that it is permanent/full-time.
(d) Sure of growth and future.

But despite the above too, my reservations include that the pay may be less than that of BC and that it may not come with as much exposure as the BC.

Please, advise me on which to go for and why.

4 Likes

Re: Exams Officer At British Council Or Assistant Registrar At WAEC? Informed Advice by GraceAndFavour: 12:12am On Oct 12, 2016
Please GodnGold, Mopolchi, Amkaro, IrradiatoR, SirBrightoc, grami, superflakky, calfranc, shakurpaul, I need your contributions.

Mods, please help me out.
Re: Exams Officer At British Council Or Assistant Registrar At WAEC? Informed Advice by SirBrightoc(m): 12:34am On Oct 12, 2016
What is the monthly net pay at WAEC?
Re: Exams Officer At British Council Or Assistant Registrar At WAEC? Informed Advice by busuyem: 12:51am On Oct 12, 2016
GraceAndFavour:
Please GodnGold, Mopolchi, Amkaro, IrradiatoR, SirBrightoc, grami, superflakky, calfranc, shakurpaul, I need your contributions.

God for the BC's. As Naira keeps falling, ur money/salary keeps increasing.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exams Officer At British Council Or Assistant Registrar At WAEC? Informed Advice by SirBrightoc(m): 6:18am On Oct 12, 2016
busuyem:

God for the BC's. As Naira keeps falling, ur money/salary keeps increasing.

Sir Busuyem, long time. Since after the PTI fraudulent recruitment. Hope you are doing fine.
On the topic, don't you think that if WAEC will pay well too, that it will be a better offer, considering the job security and senior position status?

3 Likes

Re: Exams Officer At British Council Or Assistant Registrar At WAEC? Informed Advice by busuyem: 7:01am On Oct 12, 2016
SirBrightoc:

Sir Busuyem, long time. Since after the PTI fraudulent recruitment. Hope you are doing fine.
On the topic, don't you think that if WAEC will pay well too, that it will be a better offer, considering the job security and senior position status?

Wow! My great friend, I salute u. Life continues with God's grace after those guys disappointed themselves. How are u doing too? I trust God for u. As regards the subject, I think the two have job security though higher status is higher in one. If the op wanna follow money, I think BC is better because they pay salaries in Dollars but he wants to follow status, then he should God for WAEC. Above all, the dude needs to pray and get the right direction from God so as to avoid being distracted by the face values of these positions. This I must say, the guy has indeed been favoured!

13 Likes

Re: Exams Officer At British Council Or Assistant Registrar At WAEC? Informed Advice by Nobody: 7:08am On Oct 12, 2016
I will like to be paid in dollars?
Re: Exams Officer At British Council Or Assistant Registrar At WAEC? Informed Advice by Mopolchi: 8:35am On Oct 12, 2016
GraceAndFavour:

I think BC is the best.

8 Likes

Re: Exams Officer At British Council Or Assistant Registrar At WAEC? Informed Advice by Frostty: 8:43am On Oct 12, 2016
bro i will advice u go 4 waec,coz as u said BC is indefinite contract maening it can be terminated @ any point in time

6 Likes

Re: Exams Officer At British Council Or Assistant Registrar At WAEC? Informed Advice by amkaro(f): 10:35am On Oct 12, 2016
There are so many things I'll want u to consider.
1. How high can u rise in British Council?
2. How often do u get promoted?
3. Is ur salary incremental as u grow higher or static?
4. Is the job safe? Check out thr hire and fire policy
5. What are the other allowances and benefits in BC?

My advice, look beyond pay.

What I know u can get as an AR in WAEC

1. A very senior staff
2. The pay is good enough for starters. U will be shocked wen u get d offer letter or ur first pay. I know they pay than most organizations entry level apart from Oil and Gas.
3. Juicy bonuses
4. Safe job, timely promotion, and steady pay
5. Exposure ( locally and internationally)
......and more.

British Council is sweeter from pay band 6, trust me!

28 Likes

Re: Exams Officer At British Council Or Assistant Registrar At WAEC? Informed Advice by SirBrightoc(m): 10:38am On Oct 12, 2016
Frostty:
bro i will advice u go 4 waec,coz as u said BC is indefinite contract maening it can be terminated @ any point in time
I share your view to a large extent. Consider continuity and job satisfaction.
Re: Exams Officer At British Council Or Assistant Registrar At WAEC? Informed Advice by SirBrightoc(m): 10:42am On Oct 12, 2016
amkaro:

1. A very senior staff
2. The pay is good enough for starters. U will be shocked wen u get d offer letter or ur first pay. I know they pay than most organizations entry level apart from Oil and Gas.
3. Juicy bonuses
......and more.

This is experience and information combined. Op consider this advice very well.

16 Likes

Re: Exams Officer At British Council Or Assistant Registrar At WAEC? Informed Advice by usmolad(m): 10:51am On Oct 12, 2016
OP. Forget about BC and payment in dollars. choose WAEC and you will never regret it, the allowances paid by WAEC, the reputation of the institution, international seminars and exposure, career and future prospects . You're given Assistant Registrar, within shortest time you'll become a senior registrar. OP, don't even compare the two

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Exams Officer At British Council Or Assistant Registrar At WAEC? Informed Advice by jashar(f): 11:19am On Oct 12, 2016
WAEC. Go for that. My humble opinion.

If you're a Christian, pray and let the Spirit guide you.

7 Likes

Re: Exams Officer At British Council Or Assistant Registrar At WAEC? Informed Advice by SirBrightoc(m): 3:39pm On Oct 12, 2016
The op is asking for more input. Please help.

Cc: lalasticlala, mynd44

2 Likes

Re: Exams Officer At British Council Or Assistant Registrar At WAEC? Informed Advice by GraceAndFavour: 3:52pm On Oct 12, 2016
SirBrightoc:
The op is asking for more input. Please help.

Cc: lalasticlala, mynd44
Please moderators, it is true that I am new on this forum, but a space on the front page will help me the more. Thank you sirbrightoc
Re: Exams Officer At British Council Or Assistant Registrar At WAEC? Informed Advice by GraceAndFavour: 3:53pm On Oct 12, 2016
usmolad:
OP. Forget about BC and payment in dollars. choose WAEC and you will never regret it, the allowances paid by WAEC, the reputation of the institution, international seminars and exposure, career and future prospects . You're given Assistant Registrar, within shortest time you'll become a senior registrar. OP, don't even compare the two
Thank you sir.
Re: Exams Officer At British Council Or Assistant Registrar At WAEC? Informed Advice by GraceAndFavour: 3:56pm On Oct 12, 2016
amkaro:

1. A very senior staff
3. Juicy bonuses
......and more.

I sincerely appreciate sir.

1 Like

Re: Exams Officer At British Council Or Assistant Registrar At WAEC? Informed Advice by Nobody: 4:05pm On Oct 12, 2016
As a matter of personal conviction, I don't like anything government job coz it kills innovation, you are promoted on number of years and not necessarily performance and experience. British Council, unlike WAEC is run like a private firm, I have been there and also wrote an exam there, you needed to see how efficient they were in the discharge of their duties.

I would advice you choose the British Council because you would definitely be exposed and well paid.

Despite the above, I have some reservations which includes that the position is a junior staff position

Your efficient performance + the God factor will get you promoted (Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men.Proverbs 22:29)

6 Likes

Re: Exams Officer At British Council Or Assistant Registrar At WAEC? Informed Advice by Nobody: 4:07pm On Oct 12, 2016
Ass Registrar any day shocked

Shortcomings with 1. EXAMINATIONS OFFICER AT BRITISH COUNCIL

1. Enrollment for exams threatened due to GBP rates/fluctuations.
2. Foreign travels low.
3. Job satisfaction due to contract nature.
4. Uncertainties created by economic conditions such as recession.

5 Likes

Re: Exams Officer At British Council Or Assistant Registrar At WAEC? Informed Advice by bobbybrown007: 4:12pm On Oct 12, 2016
Hmmmmm, if nah me ooooooo the obodo e bo own small ooooooo I go just dey my 9ja. Dey for help you opt to like 5,000 dolls
Re: Exams Officer At British Council Or Assistant Registrar At WAEC? Informed Advice by notoriousbabe: 4:14pm On Oct 12, 2016
usmolad:
he will also have access to small small girls wey dey write GCE

7 Likes

Re: Exams Officer At British Council Or Assistant Registrar At WAEC? Informed Advice by kilokeys(m): 4:14pm On Oct 12, 2016
go for the BC job...

1. even if u get fired... u have working for the British Council on your CV
2. getting a job opportunity with them in the first place, places u above many others; meaning.. u have a chance at getting other jobs after them
3. with the rate of unemployment in the country, by happenstance, if industrialization sets in.. agencies would rise requiring experts in selecting candidates, ur experience with the BC will give u an edge.

5 Likes

Re: Exams Officer At British Council Or Assistant Registrar At WAEC? Informed Advice by Nobody: 4:14pm On Oct 12, 2016
GraceAndFavour:
Please I need the advice of informed, experienced and intelligent people on this forum.

I have two job offers before me and I must make a choice between them immediately. Below is little information about the two positions.

1. EXAMINATIONS OFFICER AT BRITISH COUNCIL
This is a graduate position at the starter level of Pay Band 4 with a monthly net pay a little above N200k. The following are my points of attraction to this position:
(a) The organization has a world-class reputation
(b) The working environment is world-class and very ICT complaint.
(c) Location advantage.
(d) 13th and 14th month salaries with good pension plan.
(e) Probation period is 3 months.

Despite the above, I have some reservations which includes that the position is a junior staff position and it is an indefinite contract.

2. ASSISTANT REGISTRAR AT WAEC
This is an experienced and international position at grade level 9. The monthly net pay may be less than that of British Council above. My attractions to this position are:
(a) The reputation of the organization.
(b) The position is international and senior.
(c) The job security and the fact that it is permanent/full-time.
(d) Sure of growth and future.

But despite the above too, my reservations include that the pay may be less than that of BC and that it may not come with as much exposure as the BC.

Please, advise me on which to go for and why.

Never make a professional career decision based on pay. take the job that will sit best on your CV, give you the best exposure, training and professional development.

6 Likes

Re: Exams Officer At British Council Or Assistant Registrar At WAEC? Informed Advice by MCKGB(f): 4:14pm On Oct 12, 2016
Pls go for Assistant Registrar at WAEC because of job security.

You wont regret it.
Re: Exams Officer At British Council Or Assistant Registrar At WAEC? Informed Advice by bumba1234: 4:15pm On Oct 12, 2016
Hello,

i advise you for for the BC job. Exposure is enormous, it carries more weight on your resume and it is more prestigious organisation that WAEC.

2 Likes

Re: Exams Officer At British Council Or Assistant Registrar At WAEC? Informed Advice by Hardeysolution(m): 4:16pm On Oct 12, 2016
Quite cool Sir. I have not even reached that level of getting salaries. With my little exposure And brain, I recommend WAEC offer. You said BC is indefinite meaning u can be sent packing anytime. Meanwhile, British? Where is the office you are to function? Not important though, it's British body and not even African, Nigeria may not have a say when retrenchment comes up.. ..meanwhile my greatest advice is

GO TO THE ALMIGHTY GOD

he might even have a better offer and not these ones

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Exams Officer At British Council Or Assistant Registrar At WAEC? Informed Advice by hahn(m): 4:16pm On Oct 12, 2016
jashar:
WAEC. Go for that. My humble opinion.
If you're a Christian, pray and let the Spirit guide you.
And if he is a muslim?

4 Likes

Re: Exams Officer At British Council Or Assistant Registrar At WAEC? Informed Advice by divinelove(m): 4:17pm On Oct 12, 2016
Choose WAEC it gave u full time/permanent staff it's better for longtime career
Re: Exams Officer At British Council Or Assistant Registrar At WAEC? Informed Advice by Meen01(m): 4:17pm On Oct 12, 2016
Guy why wasting time go for parmanet offer that of the contract offer may expire anytime and there will be no pension 4u and u may end up been in another job hunting even b4 retirement age

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What They Did Not Tell You About Government Job In Nigeria / When Are We Going To Talk About These Lebanese And Chinese Companies / Hilton Worldwide FINESSE Graduate Finance Programme.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.