Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

I Can Forgive A Man That Cheats On Me But Never A Man That Gives Me Disease - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Can Forgive A Man That Cheats On Me But Never A Man That Gives Me Disease (37832 Views)

Lady Cheats On Her Husband After Opening A Boutique For Her, Husband Beats Her / 'I Beg My Husband For Sex, Sometimes He Gives Me Half Chop' - Mother Of 5 / Why Nigerian Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can Forgive A Man That Cheats On Me But Never A Man That Gives Me Disease by Nobody: 7:40am On Oct 12, 2016
I have tried so hard to convince myself that maybe it's just my environment, maybe there are faithful married men in other parts of the country. 95 % of married Nigerian men cheat on their wives atleast once, while from the 5%, 3% have not cheated because the opportunity has not presented itself yet, and only 2% are actually faithful to their wives. I often hear statements like "men are naturally polygamous", a nairalander once said "if you can't bear your husband cheating on you,then don't get married", but I ask myself just how much do you have to bear?, a distant relative lost her life because her husband infected her with hiv, she knew he was philandering, but what could she do?,now both her and her husband are dead, it's been years, sometimes I see the kids and i just feel awful, if a man cheats, women have always have that big heart to forgive and move on,but when a man gives his wife disease, it means that man not only lacks self control but is STUPID as well

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Can Forgive A Man That Cheats On Me But Never A Man That Gives Me Disease by Newbeginnings(m): 9:42am On Oct 12, 2016
Most men cheat... because the women allow it.... simple... If a man loves a woman dearly and she does not allow him to cheat, he will never ever ever cheat

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can Forgive A Man That Cheats On Me But Never A Man That Gives Me Disease by TheArchangel(f): 9:47am On Oct 12, 2016
Are you going to wait for him to give you disease?
Cheating can ead to someone contracting a disease. They are both unacceptable.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can Forgive A Man That Cheats On Me But Never A Man That Gives Me Disease by misspicy(f): 9:59am On Oct 12, 2016
The best thing is to go into marriage with an open mind and also know who you are getting married to.

Some women due to pressure and poverty will marry just any man to be called a 'mrs' even if they are very aware of his philandering ways,then start complaining after a few years.
I go with OP on this though,cheat all you can,na you get your d*ck but don't bring diseases to me.

Women are adviced to forget 'society factor' and do what makes them happy,recipe for living long

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can Forgive A Man That Cheats On Me But Never A Man That Gives Me Disease by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 12, 2016
TheArchangel:
Are you going to wait for him to give you disease?
Cheating can ead to someone contracting a disease. They are both unacceptable.
they are both unacceptable, but considering the Nigerian factor, what else can a woman do than to keep forgiving, or you think the 95% of the cheating husbands don't know about their husband's exploits?, maybe an introduction of condoms on the part of the wife for her own protection will be better but watch it as the Nigerian man will call family meeting on your head and turn it around in his favor, and trust Nigerian culture to favor him too

13 Likes

Re: I Can Forgive A Man That Cheats On Me But Never A Man That Gives Me Disease by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 12, 2016
2dugged:
I have tried so hard to convince myself that maybe it's just my environment, maybe there are faithful married men in other parts of the country. 95 % of married Nigerian men cheat on their wives atleast once, while from the 5%, 3% have not cheated because the opportunity has not presented itself yet, and only 2% are actually faithful to their wives. I often hear statements like "men are naturally polygamous", a nairalander once said "if you can't bear your husband cheating on you,then don't get married", but I ask myself just how much do you have to bear?, a distant relative lost her life because her husband infected her with hiv, she knew he was philandering, but what could she do?,now both her and her husband are dead, it's been years, sometimes I see the kids and i just feel awful, if a man cheats, women have always have that big heart to forgive and move on,but when a man gives his wife disease, it means that man not only lacks self control but is STUPID as well

One of the reasons why men cheat is that they can get away with it. And with the title of this thread, you encourage it.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can Forgive A Man That Cheats On Me But Never A Man That Gives Me Disease by Nobody: 10:42am On Oct 12, 2016
Mindfulness:

One of the reasons why men cheat is that they can get away with it. And with the title of this thread, you encourage it.
I am not encouraging it, but can you tell me exactly how society has discouraged it?,a man cheats on you,as a woman you move out with your children only for the same society to tell you that you are over reacting and that all men cheat.In Nigeria a man can cheat on his wife,when she speaks up she will be the one to get thrown out with her children, with nothing, maybe if divorce laws were reviewed to atleast cater for the woman as obtained in developed countries that could curb it,but for now, both our culture and religion has placed the woman at a disadvantage

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can Forgive A Man That Cheats On Me But Never A Man That Gives Me Disease by Nobody: 10:59am On Oct 12, 2016
2dugged:
I am not encouraging it, but can you tell me exactly how society has discouraged it?,a man cheats on you,as a woman you move out with your children only for the same society to tell you that you are over reacting and that all men cheat.In Nigeria a man can cheat on his wife,when she speaks up she will be the one to get thrown out with her children, with nothing, maybe if divorce laws were reviewed to atleast cater for the woman as obtained in developed countries that could curb it,but for now, both our culture and religion has placed the woman at a disadvantage

Don't wait for the society to change, be the change yourself. Get an education before even thinking of marriage so that you are independent and tell prospective suitors that adultery is an absolute deal breaker to you. Say what you mean and mean what you say. I am tired of women complaining all the time. If they want changes, they have to make them but instead of getting involved or at least interested in politics (where laws are made and passed), they will rather watch Telemundo.

81 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Can Forgive A Man That Cheats On Me But Never A Man That Gives Me Disease by Nobody: 11:08am On Oct 12, 2016
Mindfulness:

Don't wait for the society to change, be the change yourself. Get an education before even thinking of marriage so that you are independent and tell prospective suitors that adultery is an absolute deal breaker to you. Say what you mean and mean what you say. I am tired of women complaining all the time. If they want changes, they have to make them but instead of getting involved or at least interested in politics (where laws are made and passed), they will rather watch Telemundo.
and Mr man did I tell you I don't have an education?, even PhD holders still get cheated on, it's a Nigerian factor that has got nothing to do with education, after all one can imagine that with all the education in this country, in some regions child bride is still common while in some regions the girl child doesnt have an inheritance, so what education are you talking about?, stick to the topic and stop delving into what you know little about

42 Likes

Re: I Can Forgive A Man That Cheats On Me But Never A Man That Gives Me Disease by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 12, 2016
2dugged:
and Mr man did I tell you I don't have an education?, even PhD holders still get cheated on, it's a Nigerian factor that has got nothing to do with education, after all one can imagine that with all the education in this country, in some regions child bride is still common while in some regions the girl child doesnt have an inheritance, so what education are you talking about?, stick to the topic and stop delving into what you know little about

I wasn't talking about you not having an education. I was talking about women who accept cheating and therefore maintain the status quo. You said that society tells them to stay and I say so what? If you are independent, the decision is yours to stay or to leave. If you feel that you can forgive cheating, fine but if you accept it you risk infections and diseases.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can Forgive A Man That Cheats On Me But Never A Man That Gives Me Disease by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 12, 2016
Mindfulness:

I wasn't talking about you not having an education. I was talking about women who accept cheating and therefore maintain the status quo. You said that society tells them to stay and I say so what? If you are independent, the decision is yours to stay or to leave. If you feel that you can forgive cheating, fine but if you accept it you risk infections and diseases.
do you also know that in some tribes, women are not allowed to return back to their fathers house after marriage?, do you also know that society tends to shame a woman who leaves her husband for what ever reason?,it's not about being independent, down here, most women are the bread winners of their family, but end up putting up with nasty husbands because culture/religion has made it seem like husband is the crown of a woman, another reason why you see people quick to shame unmarried ladies as if it's a medal, and when one decides to speak against it,she is tagged a feminist

24 Likes

Re: I Can Forgive A Man That Cheats On Me But Never A Man That Gives Me Disease by Sirmuel1(m): 11:44am On Oct 12, 2016
Disease ke cheesy
Re: I Can Forgive A Man That Cheats On Me But Never A Man That Gives Me Disease by TheArchangel(f): 12:10pm On Oct 12, 2016
2dugged:
they are both unacceptable, but considering the Nigerian factor, what else can a woman do than to keep forgiving, or you think the 95% of the cheating husbands don't know about their husband's exploits?, maybe an introduction of condoms on the part of the wife for her own protection will be better but watch it as the Nigerian man will call family meeting on your head and turn it around in his favor, and trust Nigerian culture to favor him too
To me, marriage is a business with plans. What will you do if plan A fails? Do you just sit around depressed and hoping for what could've been instead of checking out plan B and C.?
Honestly I have my plans in place as I have realised that i won't leave if he cheats especially if there is excess money to swim around in and no affection between us but conjugal relationship will stop cos I value my life. Nice gadgets will replace and we will carry on until one of us is tired of the charade.
If he is ' Nigerian' poor then c'est la vie.

2 Likes

Re: I Can Forgive A Man That Cheats On Me But Never A Man That Gives Me Disease by Nobody: 12:17pm On Oct 12, 2016
TheArchangel:
To me, marriage is a business with plans. What will you do if plan A fails? Do you just sit around depressed and hoping for what could've been instead of checking out plan B and C.?
Honestly I have given this lots of thoughts and have instituted my plans, and i have come to realised that i won't leave if he cheats especially if there is excess money to swim around in and no affection between us but conjugal relationship will stop cos I value my life. Nice gadgets will replace and we will carry on until one of us is tired ofe charade.
If he is ' Nigerian' poor then c'est la vie.
but I doubt he will agree that a ni man will over look denying him sex,even if he knows it's his fault he will still call family meeting on your head, and accuse you of denying him of what he paid bride price for, at the end of the day don't be surprised if both your family and his family blame you for his philandering, that's the Nigerian factor I am talking about, I don't know how it plays out in other countries in Africa but down here,it can be twisted to even favor him in the end, especially the condom part, he can even say it's an opportunity for you to use condoms for other men

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can Forgive A Man That Cheats On Me But Never A Man That Gives Me Disease by missjo(f): 12:21pm On Oct 12, 2016
2dugged:
Whatever you choose to forgive OR choose not to,is your decision and yours alone.

5 Likes

Re: I Can Forgive A Man That Cheats On Me But Never A Man That Gives Me Disease by TheArchangel(f): 12:26pm On Oct 12, 2016
2dugged:
but I doubt he will agree that a ni man will over look denying him sex,even if he knows it's his fault he will still call family meeting on your head, and accuse you of denying him of what he paid bride price for, at the end of the day don't be surprised if both your family and his family blame you for his philandering, that's the Nigerian factor I am talking about, I don't know how it plays out in other countries in Africa but down here,it can be twisted to even favor him in the end, especially the condom part, he can even say it's an opportunity for you to use condoms for other men
I don't know who you are associating with or talking to or discussing with but all this your ideas and fears are too farfetched and paranoid. Are you living your life by the dictate of the society? All this you listed can only happen when you have a low self esteem and overly dependent on the man. When you are self sufficient and your impacts are felt my all and sundry whatever family members that attends any of the said meetings being called will be threading on the side of caution.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can Forgive A Man That Cheats On Me But Never A Man That Gives Me Disease by Nobody: 12:28pm On Oct 12, 2016
TheArchangel:
I don't know who you are associating with or talking to or discussing with but all this your ideas and fears are too farfetched and paranoid. Are you living your life by the dictate of the society? All this you listed can only happen when you have a low self esteem and overly dependent on the man. When you are self sufficient and your impacts are felt my all and sundry whatever family members that attends any of the said meetings being called will be threading on the side of caution.
and let me guess PhD holders, masters holders that get cheated on are not self sufficient and have low self-esteem abi? your assumptions are flawed

14 Likes

Re: I Can Forgive A Man That Cheats On Me But Never A Man That Gives Me Disease by TheArchangel(f): 12:33pm On Oct 12, 2016
2dugged:
and let me guess PhD holders, masters holders thay get cheated on are not self sufficient and have low self-esteem abi? your assumptions are flawed
Whatever you choose.
As I do not know the bases of your arguments.

Shalom.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can Forgive A Man That Cheats On Me But Never A Man That Gives Me Disease by Nobody: 12:35pm On Oct 12, 2016
TheArchangel:
Whatever you choose. As I do not know the bases of your arguments.
Shalom.
shalom

1 Like

Re: I Can Forgive A Man That Cheats On Me But Never A Man That Gives Me Disease by danbrowndmf(m): 12:40pm On Oct 12, 2016
[quote author=misspicy post=50130922][/quote]babe Ki L'oun Sele Na? Mo Ri Diary E, Se Ki Se Pe Bobo E Tin Fvck Up?
Re: I Can Forgive A Man That Cheats On Me But Never A Man That Gives Me Disease by nnamdibig(m): 1:18pm On Oct 12, 2016
95% of married men cheat, out of the remaining 5%, 3% have not seen the opportunity to cheat and 2% are faithful........Pls if I may ask you, these cheating married men, do they cheat with animals or men or women?
Will like to know how you come to this your conclusion.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can Forgive A Man That Cheats On Me But Never A Man That Gives Me Disease by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 12, 2016
nnamdibig:
95% of married men cheat, out of the remaining 5%, 3% have not seen the opportunity to cheat and 2% are faithful........Pls if I may ask you, these cheating married men, do they cheat with animals or men or women?
Will like to know how you come to this your conclusion.
show me a Nigerian married man that has never cheated on his wife first

4 Likes

Re: I Can Forgive A Man That Cheats On Me But Never A Man That Gives Me Disease by nnamdibig(m): 1:46pm On Oct 12, 2016
2dugged:
show me a Nigerian married man that has never cheated on his wife first

How can I do that?
I know lots of them, happily married and don't look like they will cheat anytime soon.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can Forgive A Man That Cheats On Me But Never A Man That Gives Me Disease by Nobody: 1:55pm On Oct 12, 2016
nnamdibig:

How can I do that?
I know lots of them, happily married and don't look like they will cheat anytime soon.

so that means they fall under the 2%,simple
Re: I Can Forgive A Man That Cheats On Me But Never A Man That Gives Me Disease by nnamdibig(m): 2:00pm On Oct 12, 2016
2dugged:
so that means they fall under the 2%,simple
My statistics from here shows that faithful men are way more than 2%. They are about 80% - 90%. So stop this your assumptions. Or may be give us the statistics of cheating wives.

5 Likes

Re: I Can Forgive A Man That Cheats On Me But Never A Man That Gives Me Disease by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 12, 2016
nnamdibig:

My statistics from here shows that faithful men are way more than 2%. They are about 80% - 90%. So stop this your assumptions. Or may be give us the statistics of cheating wives.
Abeg, e don do, nor let me vex for you o,what is 80 - 90%? we are talking about Nigerian men here,that same ones who always say they are polygamous in nature and that cheating is their inborn trait and they can't help it,so where did 80- 90% come from?, definitely not the Nigerian men in this country

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can Forgive A Man That Cheats On Me But Never A Man That Gives Me Disease by Nobody: 2:24pm On Oct 12, 2016
Why are people acting as if 2dugged is talking nonsense? Are they foreigners or they don't have experience with Nigerian marriages?
Why she said is plain truth and what obtains in Nigeria unfortunately. I know a woman personally, my aunts husband whose husband was cheating on her with the female students in the universities he lectures. He even had the audacity to receive phone calls from the girls in the presence of the woman. What didn't she do to change him?
She complained to his sister who was the relative he was closest to in the house, told her to talk to the man. She became superwoman with two jobs taking care of finance and housework to prick the man's conscience, she became sullen at home, gave him silent treatment, tried sexy dressing (anytime we went to her house we would meet her wearing small shorts and handless tops and this was an old woman with five children o) she ended up being frustrated and constantly complained at home for him to stop cheating, would even bring herself down to the level of calling the girls to warn them off but the man just continued sleeping around like a shameless dog without caring about the woman's feelings.

When she finally called family meetings to report the man and say she wants to end the marriage he started feigning remorse and they told her the same thing they tell all women, that please forgive him, he will change henceforth. Go home and be a good wife to him don't let Satan ruin your home.

After the meeting they went home and the man went right back to cheating on her. She gave up and asked for a divorce and he refused saying if she wants to leave she will have to go without the kids because he didn't want to end the marriage she was the only one that wants separation. Today they are living apart and the kids are living with the man but occasionally visit her.
All the members of his family are blaming her for the separation saying she is a heartless mother and she could have stayed for her kids. She. She's the heartless one. Not the useless dog of a husband that was exposing his wife to STDs. No. She is the heartless one.
During her kids last birthday which was held at the man's house everybody shunned her because they see her as a bad woman that used her own hands to destroy her marriage and abandoned her kids afterwards.

This is just one case I talked about here. There are others that I won't write. Leaving a cheating husband in Nigeria will most likely spell humiliation and loss of respect and even children in some cases that's why many women stay in marriage with cheating husbands not because they are not educated or independent.

And this trend isn't going to change anytime soon because Nigerian men don't respect women enough to be faithful to them and because many women have refused to fight for themselves and stick together. They would rather fight each other than face the men that cause them difficulties.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Can Forgive A Man That Cheats On Me But Never A Man That Gives Me Disease by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 12, 2016
fellis:
Why are people acting as if 2dugged is talking nonsense? Are they foreigners or they don't have experience with Nigerian marriages?
Why she said is plain truth and what obtains in Nigeria unfortunately. I know a woman personally, my aunts husband whose husband was cheating on her with the female students in the universities he lectures. He even had the audacity to receive phone calls from the girls in the presence of the woman. What didn't she do to change him?
She complained to his sister who was the relative he was closest to in the house, told her to talk to the man. She became superwoman with two jobs taking care of finance and housework to prick the man's conscience, she became sullen at home, gave him silent treatment, tried sexy dressing (anytime we went to her house we would meet her wearing small shorts and handless tops and this was an old woman with five children o) she ended up being frustrated and constantly complained at home for him to stop cheating, would even bring herself down to the level of calling the girls to warn them off but the man just continued sleeping around like a shameless dog without caring about the woman's feelings.

When she finally called family meetings to report the man and say she wants to end the marriage he started feigning remorse and they told her the same thing they tell all women, that please forgive him, he will change henceforth. Go home and be a good wife to him don't let Satan ruin your home.

After the meeting they went home and the man went right back to cheating on her. She gave up and asked for a divorce and he refused saying if she wants to leave she will have to go without the kids because he didn't want to end the marriage she was the only one that wants separation. Today they are living apart and the kids are living with the man but occasionally visit her.
All the members of his family are blaming her for the separation saying she is a heartless mother and she could have stayed for her kids. She. She's the heartless one. Not the useless dog of a husband that was exposing his wife to STDs. No. She is the heartless one.
During her kids last birthday which was held at the man's house everybody shunned her because they see her as a bad woman that used her own hands to destroy her marriage and abandoned her kids afterwards.

This is just one case I talked about here. There are others that I won't write. Leaving a cheating husband in Nigeria will most likely spell humiliation and loss of respect and even children in some cases that's why many women stay in marriage with cheating husbands not because they are not educated or independent.

And this trend isn't going to change anytime soon because Nigerian men don't respect women enough to be faithful to them and because many women have refused to fight for themselves and stick together. They would rather fight each other than face the men that cause them difficulties.
thank you, this is the Nigerian factor I have been hammering on,in the end society will still find a way to blame the woman for her husband's philandering

12 Likes

Re: I Can Forgive A Man That Cheats On Me But Never A Man That Gives Me Disease by aureen: 2:46pm On Oct 12, 2016
The best thing for you to do as an Africa woman is to become very rich like TIWA Savage so that when your hubby decide to cheat and infect you with either STD OR HIV you can leave because you have lots of money starting from 50 million naira upward and the court will grant the custody of the children to the partner that have the financial power.

Money answereth all things.
Money is a defense.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can Forgive A Man That Cheats On Me But Never A Man That Gives Me Disease by misspicy(f): 2:46pm On Oct 12, 2016
danbrowndmf:
babe Ki L'oun Sele Na? Mo Ri Diary E, Se Ki Se Pe Bobo E Tin Fvck Up?
LOL so na boy matter I go carry for head dey do single update for ehn angry

I just typed how I felt at that moment,thats all,you sha want him to fvck up.

Bad belle tongue

2 Likes

Re: I Can Forgive A Man That Cheats On Me But Never A Man That Gives Me Disease by aureen: 2:51pm On Oct 12, 2016
thank you, this is the Nigerian factor I have been hammering on,in the end society will still find a way to blame the woman for her husband's philandering.

Why care about a society that does not care about you.

Any society that does not care about me, I will never care about that society as well.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can Forgive A Man That Cheats On Me But Never A Man That Gives Me Disease by danbrowndmf(m): 3:05pm On Oct 12, 2016
misspicy:

LOL so na boy matter I go carry for head dey do single update for ehn angry

I just typed how I felt at that moment,thats all,you sha want him to fvck up.

Bad belle tongue
simple question i asked o. Smh.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Zimbabwean Woman Snatches Best Friend’s Husband, Elopes With Him (Photos) / My Mother Finally CURSED Me Last Night. I DON'T Give A Bleep!! - TheGidRedpiller / Obituary Poster Of Emeka Nnatuanya, Man Set Ablaze By Wife In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.