Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,859 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

Cache Of Weapons Ortom Recovered From Youths Armed By PDP (pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cache Of Weapons Ortom Recovered From Youths Armed By PDP (pics) (18344 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu’s Family Reacts To ‘Recovery Of Weapons’ In IPOB Leader’s Home / The Cache Of Weapons Recovered From Repented Cultists In Bori, Rivers / President Buhari Photo As Shared By PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cache Of Weapons Ortom Recovered From Youths Armed By PDP (pics) by jonhemma11: 10:05am On Oct 12, 2016
ORTOM REPLIES SUSWAM

Governor Samuel Ortom yesterday responded to statements credited to former Governor of the state, Gabriel Suswam who had earlier accused the present administration of fueling insecurity and the arrest of his loyalists among other accusations. Below is Governor Ortom's response:

"The previous administration armed youths for the 2015 elections. Since we came in, what we have been doing is to try to change these youths by convincing them to bring those weapons which they did during the carrot approach of our amnesty programme. I hope that the former governor sees what is happening here - the number of weapons that have been received.

When we say that over 600 of those weapons were received from the youths, some people were doubting but today, the media are here and can see things for themselves. Let the former governor come and see. He created insecurity but I am here to restore security by the grace of God. The Bible says the thief cometh not but to steal and destroy; but the son of God cometh to give life.

I have come to give life to Benue people not to kill, not to steal or to destroy. I challenge him; we did not use violence in winning the election last year so we will not be distracted. But it is said that silence is consent, so we are bound to reply him when he talks about these things.

All the challenges that are here today were anchored by him. He is the first governor of the state ever to be arraigned before a court of competent jurisdiction on fraud charges. So he should go and face his fraud charges instead of talking about his men being arrested everyday. Everyone arrested by security agencies is for one case or the other and the records are there - those who are in prison, those who are in detention. He can verify with security agencies.

No one under my watch as Governor of Benue State has ever been arrested arbitrarily. How can we allow criminals to be terrorizing the people, to be killing people, to be kidnapping people, to be molesting people?

As I have said before, I will not surrender Benue to criminals."

Credit: Terver Akase

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/10/gov-ortom-shows-off-cache-of-weapons-he.html?m=1

Re: Cache Of Weapons Ortom Recovered From Youths Armed By PDP (pics) by jonhemma11: 10:05am On Oct 12, 2016

Re: Cache Of Weapons Ortom Recovered From Youths Armed By PDP (pics) by jonhemma11: 10:06am On Oct 12, 2016
jonhemma11:
More
more

Re: Cache Of Weapons Ortom Recovered From Youths Armed By PDP (pics) by maryjan8(f): 10:11am On Oct 12, 2016
Hmm

1 Like

Re: Cache Of Weapons Ortom Recovered From Youths Armed By PDP (pics) by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:12am On Oct 12, 2016
Mr Governor where is Ghana? grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Cache Of Weapons Ortom Recovered From Youths Armed By PDP (pics) by Tunami(m): 10:13am On Oct 12, 2016
Following.
Re: Cache Of Weapons Ortom Recovered From Youths Armed By PDP (pics) by fiizznation: 10:17am On Oct 12, 2016
Are the PDP guys going to war or what? Very evil party with ignorant supporters

21 Likes

Re: Cache Of Weapons Ortom Recovered From Youths Armed By PDP (pics) by GlorifiedTunde(m): 10:24am On Oct 12, 2016
shocked shocked shocked

Why are these politicians this heartless?

Just because of power?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cache Of Weapons Ortom Recovered From Youths Armed By PDP (pics) by Justiceleague1: 10:25am On Oct 12, 2016
Mumu govr,what about the sophisticated weapons fulanis are using to masacre his ppl? See name,ORTUM..real mumu name..like OTU.. lols grin

22 Likes

Re: Cache Of Weapons Ortom Recovered From Youths Armed By PDP (pics) by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 12, 2016
Benue

Chai

There is God ooo
Re: Cache Of Weapons Ortom Recovered From Youths Armed By PDP (pics) by Mujaheeeden: 10:33am On Oct 12, 2016
This people have such weapons while Fulani massacre their people daily.

When will Benue people use their reasoning intead of licking the hausa fulani balls like one of their Son here who is a defender of Fulani Caliphate

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cache Of Weapons Ortom Recovered From Youths Armed By PDP (pics) by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 12, 2016
Jesus shocked
Re: Cache Of Weapons Ortom Recovered From Youths Armed By PDP (pics) by youngberry001(m): 11:25am On Oct 12, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:
Jesus shocked
wetin do am abi he don lost ne shocked
Re: Cache Of Weapons Ortom Recovered From Youths Armed By PDP (pics) by GlorifiedTunde(m): 11:32am On Oct 12, 2016
Justiceleague1:

seun mynd44 oam4j lalasticlala
rule 2..i dont wanna reply this provocation and insult.

As for any other.....ok,as for any other human being who wanna quote me and put words inside my mouth,i never approved or supported any criminal act,i only wondered why ortom is now and 'action' govr but has never been in action against fulani herdsmen manslaughtering his ppl..

All I did was to question your mentality. There isn't any abuse or insult in that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cache Of Weapons Ortom Recovered From Youths Armed By PDP (pics) by lanre80(m): 11:49am On Oct 12, 2016
This man is a professional liar. I pity the youth of our generation who fall for cheap propaganda from politians and this has continued in upward trajectory. The thing is our generation don't read or lack memory or probably don't have intuition to study and understand there environment. I am not a politian but I read and I can depict truth from lies beyond that I travel alot. Presently i'm in Benue.
The problem of Benue or any other part of Nigeria is not partisan politics (APC or PDP) but across the divide . Our problem is a failed organization structure of governance.
Let me bring back memory or enlighten you. Ortom used to be staunch PDP man. He was a LG chairman and even had federal appointment in abuja before becoming a governor under auspices of PDP. Then he decamped to APC with money stolen from Abuja with the help of George Akume and be became Governor. Obviously money exchanged hands and Akume holds machinery of APC. What do you expect? Off cause he sold it to the highest bidder. Now why all this story? You see Ortom and many other PDP guys who decamped to APC also used thugs as a catalyst during election. Most of the thugs have been used since PDP days. This is a way of life for politicians in Nigeria not PDP or APC. Furthermore, after election these thugs have been used by the likes of Ortom but no settlement because money was not flowing. They resorted to vices, cultism, robbery etc. Ortom needed to get his house in order, therefore reason for introducing Amnesty and recovery of weapons.
You see these men have dead conscience. Stealing and lying has become a norm for them. He lies about salaries, project, allocation etc and just almost anything

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cache Of Weapons Ortom Recovered From Youths Armed By PDP (pics) by Bethelwealthy(m): 12:09pm On Oct 12, 2016
YOUR EXCELLENCY SIR, are you talking about the weapons acquired by helpless citizens to defend themselves against the invading fulanis and their political backers..........
And why is that cabinet fittingly made for weapons? Is that all PDP arrangements or you are just looking for a bad tag for your supposed enemies knowing benue is locked out of your hand.........
Funny liars undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cache Of Weapons Ortom Recovered From Youths Armed By PDP (pics) by Edwardhead(m): 12:13pm On Oct 12, 2016
grin grin
Re: Cache Of Weapons Ortom Recovered From Youths Armed By PDP (pics) by ninocia18(m): 12:13pm On Oct 12, 2016
I don't even know whether to believe this. Politics always lies.

2 Likes

Re: Cache Of Weapons Ortom Recovered From Youths Armed By PDP (pics) by Nellybank(m): 12:13pm On Oct 12, 2016
Laziest governor eva... Even lazy dan my state governor... Udom emmanuel

3 Likes

Re: Cache Of Weapons Ortom Recovered From Youths Armed By PDP (pics) by ayodeji247: 12:13pm On Oct 12, 2016
wetin happen u wan kill d pple for yur state mr gomina cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Cache Of Weapons Ortom Recovered From Youths Armed By PDP (pics) by EdCure: 12:13pm On Oct 12, 2016
fiizznation:
Violence is the only language and tactic of the PDP

4 Likes

Re: Cache Of Weapons Ortom Recovered From Youths Armed By PDP (pics) by nwakibie3(m): 12:14pm On Oct 12, 2016
so benue state has this kinda armory yet they allowed the fulani herdsmen to massacre them like cows........

1 Like

Re: Cache Of Weapons Ortom Recovered From Youths Armed By PDP (pics) by Earth2Metahuman: 12:14pm On Oct 12, 2016
Enough weapon o bring down a village

PDP the party from hell.

Created by devil himself.

This is why I will never support any ex PDP member joining APC.
Re: Cache Of Weapons Ortom Recovered From Youths Armed By PDP (pics) by tonio2wo: 12:17pm On Oct 12, 2016
fiizznation:

Are u this gullible?

7 Likes

Re: Cache Of Weapons Ortom Recovered From Youths Armed By PDP (pics) by Nobody: 12:17pm On Oct 12, 2016
Na world war 3 wan start..... adonbilivit. ... . Kai undecided : undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Cache Of Weapons Ortom Recovered From Youths Armed By PDP (pics) by Jeel: 12:17pm On Oct 12, 2016
Is this a propa....

2 Likes

Re: Cache Of Weapons Ortom Recovered From Youths Armed By PDP (pics) by Justiceleague1: 12:17pm On Oct 12, 2016
GlorifiedTunde:

All I did was to question your mentality. There isn't any abuse or insult in that.
who are you,my personal physician or my doctor? Pls swerve..
Ortom na Otu,period.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cache Of Weapons Ortom Recovered From Youths Armed By PDP (pics) by ProfessorPeter(m): 12:18pm On Oct 12, 2016
See how Fulani deceived Ortom to mop up arms his people are using to defence themselves from "herdmen from hell" according to FFK. If actually PDP bought these arms, they are for self defence against wild herdmen as the state has never witnessed any political violence. Now that those arms have been mopped up watch how Fulani will resume killing in Benue.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rivers APC Governorship Candidate, Coles Picks Running Mate / CBN Will No Longer Give Ways And Means To FG Until Payment Of Outstanding Debt / Ikpeazu Flags Off Etitiama-Nkporo Road In Ohafia LGA (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.