Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,188 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:19 AM

The Art Of Wood Carving, Naija Style - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Art Of Wood Carving, Naija Style (553 Views)

Carving Touch Makeover / Crazy Horse: World Biggest Mountain Carving / Incredibly Realistic Paintings Explore The Art Of Yoruba Tribal Marks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Art Of Wood Carving, Naija Style by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 12, 2016
Odunayo puts on her DIY hat for the day and takes a wood carving lesson from men that have been skillfully shaping wood into everything, from drums, to Ere Ibeji since before she was born.

The father and son duo take Odunayo around their store and point out beautiful objects that we should all be desperate to own in our homes, including a game called Opon Ayooa that is a coffee table staple in many African homes both on the continent and abroad.

"How long have you been carving wood?" Odunayo asks.

"My father taught me...it is the only job I know," the owner responds.

WATCH VIDEO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP36rJ8SJy4

(1) (Reply)

Attention To Nigerian Americans / What Will You Do If You Find Yourself In This Mess? / 4 Interesting African Traditional Wedding Customs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.