Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,273 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:42 AM

Abubakar Adam Ibrahim Wins The 2016 Nigeria Prize For Literature. - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Abubakar Adam Ibrahim Wins The 2016 Nigeria Prize For Literature. (31099 Views)

Long-list For The Nigeria Prize For Literature 2019 / Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos / See The Winner Of The 2016 Nigeria Prize For Literature That Is Worth N48m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abubakar Adam Ibrahim Wins The 2016 Nigeria Prize For Literature. by MrsExplorer(f): 3:41pm On Oct 12, 2016
PopeExplicit:
Abubakar Adam Ibrahim has won the 2016 NLNG sponsored Nigeria Prize For Literature for his debut novel, "Season Of Crimson Blossoms". The award announcement was made on Wednesday, 12th of October, 2016.

Abubakar's novel "Season Of Crimson Blossoms", beat the other other shortlisted novels, "Born On A Tuesday", by Elnathan John, and "Night Dancer", by Chika Unigwe, to clinch the $100,000 prize. Chika Unigwe had previously won the prize in 2012 for her novel "On Black Sister's Street".

The Nigerian Prize For Literature valued at $100,000 is one of the world richest literary prize, and the richest in Africa. Previous winners of the Prize include, Kaine Agarry for "Yellow Yellow", Tade Ipaedola for "Sahara Testament", Akachi Adimora Eze-Igbo, and Chika Unigwe for "On Black Sister's Street" amongst others.

The three shortlisted novels were drawn from a longlist of eleven that included Etisalat Prize longlisted novel, "On The Bank Of The River", by Ifeoluwa Adeniyi, and 74 year old Ifeoma Okoye for her new novel, "The Fourth World". The three novels on the shortlist were particularly spectacular and we can't be prouder of Abubakar for winning the Prize.

Congrats to the winner and the shortlisted writers!

http://www.dwartonline.com/abubakar-adam-ibrahim-wins-the-2016-nigeria-prize-for-literature/

I must win this prize someday

1 Like

Re: Abubakar Adam Ibrahim Wins The 2016 Nigeria Prize For Literature. by McLove(m): 3:56pm On Oct 12, 2016
orimsamsam:
Edmund obilo is no longer with splash fm

Yea, I'm aware... It seems baba will launch his online radio soon.

And for those saying ish about been tribalistic, is Edmund Obilo a yoruba man?
Re: Abubakar Adam Ibrahim Wins The 2016 Nigeria Prize For Literature. by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 12, 2016
Who borrow am brain which head he take write am? when he he write am?. so you are telling me that this goro granding machine will leave his cows for book? liars and illitrates are forcing their ways to be among
Re: Abubakar Adam Ibrahim Wins The 2016 Nigeria Prize For Literature. by crazygod(m): 4:54pm On Oct 12, 2016
MrsExplorer:

Amen

1 Like

Re: Abubakar Adam Ibrahim Wins The 2016 Nigeria Prize For Literature. by osarenmwienda(f): 4:57pm On Oct 12, 2016
Really encouraging... thumbs up to the winner
Re: Abubakar Adam Ibrahim Wins The 2016 Nigeria Prize For Literature. by madjune(m): 4:59pm On Oct 12, 2016
AZeD1:
So any one knows where I can buy night dancer by Chika Unigwe

You can order from Amazon.com.
Re: Abubakar Adam Ibrahim Wins The 2016 Nigeria Prize For Literature. by petersky: 5:31pm On Oct 12, 2016
A northerner , i dont believe it ,who come dash am brain
Re: Abubakar Adam Ibrahim Wins The 2016 Nigeria Prize For Literature. by makdcash(m): 6:03pm On Oct 12, 2016
Nice one abubakar....good news from my brothers from the NORTH not the other way round grin grin grin

Re: Abubakar Adam Ibrahim Wins The 2016 Nigeria Prize For Literature. by tjskii(f): 6:48pm On Oct 12, 2016
48million!! Why have I never heard bout this award? I'm becoming a writer asap undecided undecided
Re: Abubakar Adam Ibrahim Wins The 2016 Nigeria Prize For Literature. by PopeExplicit(m): 6:49pm On Oct 12, 2016
MrsExplorer:

With hard work and doggedness, you'll surely win.

1 Like

Re: Abubakar Adam Ibrahim Wins The 2016 Nigeria Prize For Literature. by AZeD1(m): 6:58pm On Oct 12, 2016
madjune:

You can order from Amazon.com.
That would take too long, I want a place were I can pick it up tomorrow.
Thanks.
Re: Abubakar Adam Ibrahim Wins The 2016 Nigeria Prize For Literature. by Tellemall: 7:44pm On Oct 12, 2016
fikfaknuel:
A big thumbs up for the winner of the prestigious prize. The biggest in Africa. 48million no be beans.

I do hope to win this prize one day.

I was rooting for Elnathan John's Born On A Tuesday but since the judges wey wise pass me has selected Abubakar's novel, I can only applaud him.

This is good for Nigerian literature particularly Northern Literature. I see a renaissance of some sorts from authors born and bred in the North. We need stories from all parts of the continent.

Please literary critics, please click the link on my signature and read. You can critically abuse me in any way you want.

Oh, you write?

I wonder why people like you never mention me. Instead it's the religious nuts who do. embarassed
Re: Abubakar Adam Ibrahim Wins The 2016 Nigeria Prize For Literature. by Tellemall: 7:46pm On Oct 12, 2016
fikfaknuel:
A big thumbs up for the winner of the prestigious prize. The biggest in Africa. 48million no be beans.

I do hope to win this prize one day.

I was rooting for Elnathan John's Born On A Tuesday but since the judges wey wise pass me has selected Abubakar's novel, I can only applaud him.

This is good for Nigerian literature particularly Northern Literature. I see a renaissance of some sorts from authors born and bred in the North. We need stories from all parts of the continent.

Please literary critics, please click the link on my signature and read. You can critically abuse me in any way you want.

Oh, you write?

I wonder why people like you never mention me. Instead it's the religious nuts who do. embarassed

BTW, If Elnathan deserved it, I think he would have gotten it. I do not particularly like him or his writing.
Re: Abubakar Adam Ibrahim Wins The 2016 Nigeria Prize For Literature. by Akinz0126(m): 7:49pm On Oct 12, 2016
I just find an answer to the question Nathanael ask Andrew Can somtyn Good comes out of Nazareth¿
Re: Abubakar Adam Ibrahim Wins The 2016 Nigeria Prize For Literature. by fikfaknuel(f): 8:00pm On Oct 12, 2016
Tellemall:

Oh, you write?

BTW, If Elnathan deserved it, I think he would have gotten it. I do not particularly like him or his writing.
What do you hold against Elnathan?
Re: Abubakar Adam Ibrahim Wins The 2016 Nigeria Prize For Literature. by Tellemall: 8:18pm On Oct 12, 2016
fikfaknuel:

What do you hold against Elnathan?

grin
Re: Abubakar Adam Ibrahim Wins The 2016 Nigeria Prize For Literature. by orimsamsam(m): 8:46pm On Oct 12, 2016
McLove:

Yea, I'm aware... It seems baba will launch his online radio soon.

And for those saying ish about been tribalistic, is Edmund Obilo a yoruba man?
I so much love Edmund. Don't knw the reason he quit. I always wonder the tribe he is from. But I guess he is not Igbo.

Ave been looking for we're to download some of his interview. Expecially his interview with Dr olisa muojama.
Re: Abubakar Adam Ibrahim Wins The 2016 Nigeria Prize For Literature. by CSTR2: 10:36pm On Oct 12, 2016
That chika unigwe na thief o. cheesy
She wants to win $100,000 twice.
Re: Abubakar Adam Ibrahim Wins The 2016 Nigeria Prize For Literature. by olendave(m): 3:08am On Oct 13, 2016
names don't win prize but what you build personally. You guys have to wake up, this is the 21st century and not in the stone age. The oyinbos does not think this way. #Say no black mentality.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) / Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! / New Story: 'anini Reloaded' By Ayis Eliboy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.