Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,347 members, 7,780,931 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:45 AM

Kano Residents Attack Protesting Shiites (Pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Residents Attack Protesting Shiites (Pics) (34393 Views)

Police Attack Protesting Shiite Members In Abuja Today (Graphic Photos) / Soldiers Shoot 5-Year-Old Boy In Kaduna During Peaceful Rally By Shiites (Pics) / Police Attack Protesting Shiite Members In Abuja,Teargas Them(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano Residents Attack Protesting Shiites (Pics) by Nobody: 8:18pm On Oct 12, 2016
The group was holding a rally, and passing through some strategic areas in the Kano metropolis, when it was ferociously attacked by the youths, some of whom brandished knives, swords, machetes and cutlasses. The mob forced the recalcitrant Shiites faithful to scamper for safety.

The latest incident came on the heels of a ban by the Police on all forms of religious processions which the Shiites flouted with impunity. The angry youths were challenging the legitimacy of the procession at a time that the search for peace was being intensified.

According to an eyewitness account, anyone wearing black attires was immediately in danger, as black attires are the symbol of the Shiites, which has consistently preached the gospel of disobedience to the constituted authorities.

Many of the fleeing Shiites were seen pulling off their black attires so as to escape the notice of the angry mob, which kept vigil at strategic locations and thoroughfares throughout the ancient city, forcing them to take refuge in local houses within the vicinity of the procession.

Confirming the incident, the Kano State Police Command Public Relations Officer, DSP Magaji Musa Majiya said the Police had made effort to rescue some of the Shiites, especially women, children and the aged, who had become vulnerable to danger.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/10/12/protesting-shiites-kano-dispersed-angry-citizens

1 Share

Re: Kano Residents Attack Protesting Shiites (Pics) by HungerBAD: 8:19pm On Oct 12, 2016
These religious zealots.

The Authority told you to stop holding rallies,but you guys said you are above the law.

And now the Religious Strife tired Kano people,have taken the laws into their hands,and all of a sudden you guys get the message.

While not trying to disrespect Islam,I must confess the religion is very confusing to me.

Islam has only two types or sects,and yet they can't see eye to eye. Christianity have like a Million type,and yet they seem to get along well.

So,what exactly am I missing here?who stands to gain when Muslims kill each other?

--Modified---

I do not put my mouth in religious matters. I have washed my hands off this one too.

This fight,I think goes way back into centuries. To my Muslim friends,I am not taking sides.

I Comot hands.

94 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kano Residents Attack Protesting Shiites (Pics) by madridguy(m): 8:19pm On Oct 12, 2016
Nonsense @ highest level. It's time we forget about Shia/Sunni hypocrisy before it's lead us to another insurgency bigger than Boko Haram.

Peaceful protest is their legitimate right.
Freedom of religion/association is allowed in our Constitution.

We only have Tijaniyyah, Quadriyah, Assabadiyah, Ikhlasiyah, Shaziliyah here in Nigeria and the Arab don't support Sufism so don't know why we should be killing ourselves over their political parties.

Battle of supremacy between the Sunni's and the Shia is what's coursing crisis in the Middle-east.

Prophet Muhammad PBUH is neither Sunni nor Shia. Al-Muslim Ikhwatun.

Cc: Presidency

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano Residents Attack Protesting Shiites (Pics) by Nobody: 8:20pm On Oct 12, 2016
For all Christians and Southerners who are in support of their activities, I urge you to provide land in the East or West for them to build their shrine. So that they will be able to perform their religious activities without fear of being attacked as Nigeria guarantees freedom of worship nation wide. They will also have freedom to protest and block roads.

Southerners and Christian are very pisful. Oya Shiites you hearam carry your black cloth go Enugu or Ekiti.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kano Residents Attack Protesting Shiites (Pics) by emiwanlee(m): 8:23pm On Oct 12, 2016
Lie, soldiers killed their members

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano Residents Attack Protesting Shiites (Pics) by falcon01: 8:24pm On Oct 12, 2016
haa
Re: Kano Residents Attack Protesting Shiites (Pics) by carinmom(f): 8:24pm On Oct 12, 2016
Nice one grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano Residents Attack Protesting Shiites (Pics) by Mujaheeeden: 8:33pm On Oct 12, 2016
carinmom:
Nice one grin
For the record this is a muslim mother who supported the chasing of a fellow woman, children and elderly by rampaging and fanatical youths.

God help the muslim faith

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kano Residents Attack Protesting Shiites (Pics) by neocortex: 8:35pm On Oct 12, 2016
FriendChoice:
For all Christians and Southerners who are in support of their activities, I urge you to provide land in the East or West for them to build their shrine. So that they will be able to perform their religious activities without fear of being attacked as Nigeria guarantees freedom of worship nation wide. They will also have freedom to protest and block roads.

Southerners and Christian are very pisful. Oya Shiites you hearam carry your black cloth go Enugu or Ekiti.

Your hatred for shiites won't let you reason properly.
Those protesting shiites are Nigerians and are kano indigenes,
they have the right to protest without you threatening them
with death or "deporting" them.
Though , I don't expect you religious bigot to understand.

99 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kano Residents Attack Protesting Shiites (Pics) by Mujaheeeden: 8:36pm On Oct 12, 2016
madridguy:
Nonsense @ highest level. It's time we forget about Shia/Sunni hypocrisy before it's lead us to another insurgency bigger than Boko Haram.

Peaceful protest is their legitimate right.
Freedom of religion/association is allowed in our Constitution.

We only have Tijaniyyah, Quadriyah, Assabadiyah, Ikhlasiyah, Shaziliyah here in Nigeria and the Arab don't support Sufism so don't know why we should be killing ourselves over their political parties.

Battle of supremacy between the Sunni's and the Shia is what's coursing crisis in the Middle-east.

Prophet Muhammad PBUH is neither Sunni nor Shia. Al-Muslim Ikhwatun.

Cc: Presidency
One of the sane Muslims around

15 Likes

Re: Kano Residents Attack Protesting Shiites (Pics) by Xway(m): 8:37pm On Oct 12, 2016
FriendChoice:

The day u will stop mentioning the east from ur absurd posts and comments, then i will start celebrating ur freedom.

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kano Residents Attack Protesting Shiites (Pics) by Mujaheeeden: 8:41pm On Oct 12, 2016
There is a grand plan to exterminate the shiites by Nigeria Sunnis.
I'm speaking out because i value the sanctity of human life

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Residents Attack Protesting Shiites (Pics) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:46pm On Oct 12, 2016
Sunnis and intolerance....

#IStandWithShiite #FreeZackzacky

21 Likes

Re: Kano Residents Attack Protesting Shiites (Pics) by henryuzor(m): 8:49pm On Oct 12, 2016
so they were running for dear life abi......I just don't know why the security forces intervened to save them....after all na their fellow indegenes want teach them small lesson

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Residents Attack Protesting Shiites (Pics) by ozoebuka1(m): 8:55pm On Oct 12, 2016
Sorry to say this but any country that it's dealings are in this manner as said above has one adjective to qualify it... jungle... the country is a jungle, using "zoo" is an understatement because there's order in da zoo unlike the jungle!!! please people should stop supporting evil because it's not gotten to them, because you are majority isn't a reason to oppress d minority. smh.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Residents Attack Protesting Shiites (Pics) by ArodewilliamsT: 8:59pm On Oct 12, 2016
Allakoba people. Their business. Yahya of Newsrecue should come and write us an epistle

1 Like

Re: Kano Residents Attack Protesting Shiites (Pics) by Progressive01(m): 10:19pm On Oct 12, 2016
When it suits iPod Baboons, they go: "Islam is a curse to this world. They all need to be extinguished from the face of the earth".

And when it suits them, they go: "Shiites have rights and should be allowed freedom to cause mayhem as citizens of Nigeria. We aren't in a military era!!"

Never seen such useless set of confused loafers all my life.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano Residents Attack Protesting Shiites (Pics) by acenazt: 11:56pm On Oct 12, 2016
HungerBAD:
These religious zealots.

The Authority told you to stop holding rallies,but you guys said you are above the law.

And now the Religious Strife tired Kano people,have taken the laws into their hands,and all of a sudden you guys get the message.

The police should let the masses of Kano teach them a little lesson.

While not trying to disrespect Islam,I must confess the religion is very confusing to me.

Islam has only two types or sects,and yet they can't see eye to eye. Christianity have like a Million type,and yet they seem to get along well.

So,what exactly am I missing here?who stands to gain when Muslims kill each other?
bros shi'a is shi'a,Sunni is Sunni don't mix both for your own safety. Different beliefs different ways

1 Like

Re: Kano Residents Attack Protesting Shiites (Pics) by SamuelAnyawu(m): 1:00am On Oct 13, 2016
acenazt:
bros shi'a is shi'a,Sunni is Sunni don't mix both for your own safety. Different beliefs different ways

But they are all Muslims Bro cool

Sunni's Marginalizing Shia's in Nigeria, Saudi, UAE etc

Shia's Marginalizing Sunni's in IRAN,IRAQ, Azerbaijan etc..

Whatever rocks thier boat cool

13 Likes

Re: Kano Residents Attack Protesting Shiites (Pics) by PaulIdu: 1:28am On Oct 13, 2016
Despite the poor economy Buhari and his boy El Rufai are more concerned with Arminghall Motley crowds to attack Shias

3 Likes

Re: Kano Residents Attack Protesting Shiites (Pics) by acenazt: 5:21am On Oct 13, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:

But they are all Muslims Bro cool

Sunni's Marginalizing Shia's in Nigeria, Saudi, UAE etc

Shia's Marginalizing Sunni's in IRAN,IRAQ, Azerbaijan etc..

Whatever rocks thier boat cool

noooo not in iraq
Re: Kano Residents Attack Protesting Shiites (Pics) by EternalTruths: 5:29am On Oct 13, 2016
Shiites vs Sunnis bloody war loading.

Elrufai, keep it up.

3 Likes

Re: Kano Residents Attack Protesting Shiites (Pics) by nafiachi(m): 6:08am On Oct 13, 2016
HungerBAD:
These religious zealots.

The police should let the masses of Kano teach them a little lesson.

As a Muslim it's compelling that u be replied, there is only one Islam, there is nothing according to the traditions of the prophet and his companions SHI'A or SUNNI, they were all Muslims.
Now there are various sects that emerged over the years of which there are disagreements among them, but they still basically pray together and share the basics of the faith. The Shi'a on the other hand are a group of people whose true motives are unknown to all the other various sects, as their beliefs are completely alien to what Muslims believe, so basically to us Muslims the Shi'a isn't even a sect in Islam, they are completely out of it, they are more like a cancer that has been deliberately inserted in the mist of Muslims.
Not that I support any violent act towards them, but in most cases they are always the aggressors, intimidating and harassing anyone, acting with disregard to others rights etc, it is always a battle when they are in the midst of Muslims.
I hope this throws some light on this matter

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kano Residents Attack Protesting Shiites (Pics) by Nobody: 6:12am On Oct 13, 2016
nafiachi:

As a Muslim it's compelling that u be replied, there is only one Islam, there is nothing according to the traditions of the prophet and his companions SHI'A or SUNNI, they were all Muslims.
Now there are various sects that emerged over the years of which there are disagreements among them, but they still basically pray together and share the basics of the faith. The Shi'a on the other hand are a group of people whose true motives are unknown to all the other various sects, as their beliefs are completely alien to what Muslims believe, so basically to us Muslims the Shi'a isn't even a sect in Islam, they are completely out of it, they are more like a cancer that has been deliberately inserted in the mist of Muslims.
Not that I support any violent act towards them, but in most cases they are always the aggressors, intimidating and harassing anyone, acting with disregard to others rights etc, it is always a battle when they are in the midst of Muslims.
I hope this throws some light on this matter

Your Head is there. I concur.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Residents Attack Protesting Shiites (Pics) by Nobody: 6:27am On Oct 13, 2016
Personal observations within Major tribes on Nairaland.

I think the people up north would kill and terrorize the oppressed whether proven guilty or not. As long as it does not align with their line of thought or mentor's.
SELF CENTERED but LOVING AMONG THEMSELVES

The SS and SE would support the oppressed, and fight for justice for the oppressed, even if they have been bitten before by same person. From any part of the divide.
EMPATHETIC but GREEDY

The SW and Middle belt are not extreme partisan and swing with the pendulum, obviously because their population has been diluted with all callibers of indigenes

SELFISH but ACCOMODATING
[/b]

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kano Residents Attack Protesting Shiites (Pics) by onyiloyi(m): 6:31am On Oct 13, 2016
This is a clear case of persecution

1 Like

Re: Kano Residents Attack Protesting Shiites (Pics) by Oche211(m): 6:35am On Oct 13, 2016
neocortex:

Your hatred for shiites won't let you reason properly.
Those protesting shiites are Nigerians and are kano indigenes,
they have the right to protest without you threatening them
with death or "deporting" them.
Though , I don't expect you religious bigot to understand.
Don't mind those religious bigots. One important fact is that the shiites are much more peaceful than the dagger wedging sunnis youths.

11 Likes

Re: Kano Residents Attack Protesting Shiites (Pics) by oboy3(m): 6:38am On Oct 13, 2016
Progressive01:
When it suits iPod Baboons, they go: "Islam is a curse to this world. They all need to be extinguished from the face of the earth".

And when it suits them, they go: "Shiites have rights and should be allowed freedom to cause mayhem as citizens of Nigeria. We aren't in a military era!!"

Never seen such useless set of confused loafers all my life.
I go with the first statement,all mudslims (shiites and sunnis) aré a curse to this World

I and many igbos dont care about you mumuhamendans ,i think you will be doing the World a huge favour by killing yaselfs by yaselfs

27 Likes

Re: Kano Residents Attack Protesting Shiites (Pics) by veekid(m): 8:38am On Oct 13, 2016
angry
Re: Kano Residents Attack Protesting Shiites (Pics) by acunon: 8:39am On Oct 13, 2016
Muslims are just as confused as ever

5 Likes

Re: Kano Residents Attack Protesting Shiites (Pics) by gunners160(m): 8:39am On Oct 13, 2016
oboy3:
I go with the first statement,all mudslims (shiites and sunnis) aré a curse to this World
I and many igbos dont care about you mumuhamendans ,i think you will be doing the World a huge favour by killing yaselfs by yaselfs
menh u are wicked, I just can't stop laughing; u get this people for mind?

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chido Onumah: DSS Arrested Me For Wearing 'We Are All Biafrans' T-shirt (Photos) / Boko Haram Escapee Says Some Chibok Girls Are Still Alive / INEC Declares PDP’s Duoye Diri Winner Of Bayelsa Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.