Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,015 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:30 AM

The So-called Toilet Infections In Women - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The So-called Toilet Infections In Women (49208 Views)

Highest Ever Daily New Infections In SA, Lockdown EXTENDED AGAIN / Perfect Remedy For Toilet Infections Tested And Trusted / Toilet Infections Should Be Treated With All Seriousness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by XaintJoel20: 11:49pm On Nov 27, 2016
Doctorfitz:

Yea I am.
I will like you to help me out with some issues.
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by progress69: 11:55pm On Nov 27, 2016
repogirl:
Your girlfriend is right. A little toilet water splashes on that place and the next thing it begins to itch, some people are more sensitive and can catch it even without the splash.

I don't understand why this OP implies there's nothing like toilet infection. Anyway, the OP is not female, so I won't blame him.

Anything can give u a itch. Why will a lady aloow toilet water to splash on her VJ by the way. U have a itch does not necessarily mean u have gotten an STD. Many things can cause a itch. A itch is just one of the many symptoms of of UTIs or STDs.

Many of u result to self medication, without knowing what exactly is wrong with u, hence when u treat, and ur other sex partner doesn't, u get reinfected and u blame.on toliet. NOTHING like Toilet infection. U either have a UTI or an STI(D)

Sometimes u use the wrong antibiotics and start seeing symptoms again and again.
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by Jacko1(m): 11:57pm On Nov 27, 2016
After they will open mouth and tell us to leak their punany

Its becos nigerian gals dont take care of their selves
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by wanderlustian(f): 11:59pm On Nov 27, 2016
lanchy:

Hey do you work in a lab? I can clearly see you know your stuff!!

Aaaages ago! In no longer work in a lab but I miss the days I did.

And it was a university teaching hospital lab so you can imagine the things we saw. My first week there, I caught diarrhea! grin
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by Precial419: 12:04am On Nov 28, 2016
whether u believe in toilet ifection or not does not stop d effects on someone wat of does who dont have sex and still itch wat causes dat haan?

1 Like

Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by wanderlustian(f): 12:09am On Nov 28, 2016
progress69:

UTI symptoms can vary. Some STDs also causes frequent urination. What exactly is your point

you sed women mistake UTI and STD for toilet infection.
I'm agreeing with you and expandin further for knowledge sake. So that they will no longer make the same mistake.

UTI is infection of the Urethra not the vagina, vagina doesn't lead to kidneys but the Urethra does. It shorter in women which makes them more prone to UTI than men that's why I shared my experience with UTI that led to kidney infection.

STDs are passed through the vagina, even if they present with frequent urination as in PID (pelvic inflammatory disease).
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by wanderlustian(f): 12:09am On Nov 28, 2016
Jacko1:
After they will open mouth and tell us to leak their punany

Its becos nigerian gals dont take care of their selves

Gbam
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by progress69: 12:09am On Nov 28, 2016
Precial419:
whether u believe in toilet ifection or not does not stop d effects on someone wat of does who dont have sex and still itch wat causes dat haan?
lol. Using soap to wash ur VJ can cause an imbalance in the PH level of ur VJ, not washing ur hands properly after deficating or a dirty job and touching ur Vj can cause an irritation. There is difference b/w UTIs and STDs. But everything is lumped together this days. Slef medication is also a problem. Many treat symptoms and not the root cause, thereby many reoccurrence blamed on toilets.
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by progress69: 12:16am On Nov 28, 2016
wanderlustian:

you sed women mistake UTI and STD for toilet infection.
I'm agreeing with you and expandin further for knowledge sake. So that they will no longer make the same mistake.

UTI is infection of the Urethra not the vagina, vagina doesn't lead to kidneys but the Urethra does. It shorter in women which makes them more prone to UTI than men that's why I shared my experience with UTI that led to kidney infection.

STDs are passed through the vagina, even if they present with frequent urination as in PID (pelvic inflammatory disease).

Exactly, UTI are not contagious, unlike STDs, that is the difference. UTIs and STDs may have similar symptoms, that is why u don't result to self medication, as u may keep having a reoccurrence of any infection if the u don't use the proper antibiotics for the infection u have. That is when u keep blaming toilets. Using an improper antibiotic may stop symptoms for a while, then resurface later. Self medications and kangaroo assertions have really eaten deep into Nigeirans.
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by wanderlustian(f): 12:18am On Nov 28, 2016
progress69:

As in ehn. I just tire. See some one talking about water splashing on the VJ. Why in earth will one alow water from a toilerlt ,public for that matter spash on amher VJ. Many of those infections are cause by self, but they vlameon Toilet.

Me sef follow you tire.

The vj is even too far away for the water to reach. Too many things to pass, public hair, labia major a, labia minora before the water will reach there, if not, why do you have to use a stick to insert canesten treatment into the vj?

Abi them open the place yakata for the water to just swim inside. It is still boils down to hygiene. If we practice good hygiene there will be no talk of toilet infection.

Some women even wipe wrongly. If you wipe back to front you will catch infection from the anus. Instead you wipe front to back to protect the veejay from unwanted elements

1 Like

Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by wanderlustian(f): 12:19am On Nov 28, 2016
progress69:

Ma'am both infections are usually passed tru the Vigina. UTI are not contagious, unlike STDs, that is the difference. UTIs and STDs may have similar symptoms, that is why u don't result to self medication, as u may keep having a reoccurrence of any infection if the u don't use the proper antibiotics for the infection u have. That is when u keep blaming toilets. Using an improper antibiotic may stoo symptoms for a while, then resurface later. Self medications and kangaroo assertions have really eaten deep into Nigeirans.

Calm down, read my post and edit ur post

The female urethra is not connected to the vagina unlike d male urethra. It is entirely external orifice ABOVE the vagina

UTI does not enter through the vagina.

1 Like

Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by wanderlustian(f): 12:22am On Nov 28, 2016
Precial419:

See a doctor and practice good toilet hygiene.
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by progress69: 12:23am On Nov 28, 2016
wanderlustian:

Me sef follow you tire.

The vj is even too far away for the water to reach. Too many things to pass, public hair, labia major a, labia minora before the water will reach there, if not, why do you have to use a stick to insert canesten treatment into the vj?

Abi them open the place yakata for the water to just swim inside. It is still boils down to hygiene. If we practice good hygiene there will be no talk of toilet infection.

Some women even wipe wrongly. If you wipe back to front you will catch infection from the anus. Instead you wipe front to back to protect the veejay from unwanted elements

Some even use soap to wash the VJ. Some don't even wash hands properly after toilet, many things can cause an infection many result to self medication, where they treat the symptoms, and not the root problem itself, then when there is a reoccurrence of symptoms they blame on the last toilet they used. That is why it is important to know what exactly is wrong with you before swallowing antibi, or using some topical creams.
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by progress69: 12:25am On Nov 28, 2016
wanderlustian:

Calm down, read my post and edit ur post

Lol that was not for u. Too many mentions. I am sorry
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by progress69: 12:29am On Nov 28, 2016
wanderlustian, please i am sorry. Seem to be misunderstanding each other, cos i don't even look at monikers before i respond. U can tell from my responses. We are on the same track. Thanks
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by wanderlustian(f): 12:29am On Nov 28, 2016
progress69:

Some even use soap to wash the VJ. Some don't even wash hands properly after toilet, many things can cause an infection many result to self medication, where they treat the symptoms, and not the root problem itself, then when there is a reoccurrence of symptoms they blame on the last toilet they used. That is why it is important to know what exactly is wrong with you before swallowing antibi, or using some topical creams.

Gbam...
But let's be sincere, how many people can afford vaginal swab and wait for 3 days culture before result comes out?

By then d itching for don send you go yaba left. Personally, the last time (minus pregnancy) I had an itch was when I was a teenager, before I learnt proper hygiene. That itching eh! Never again. God!
Panties must be cotton, hand washing, tissue after using the bathroom, wiping front to back and life has been blissful.

But in pregnancy, hormones will scatter everything, if u like practice from now till forever. Na you and canesten till delivery. Lol
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by wanderlustian(f): 12:30am On Nov 28, 2016
progress69:
wanderlustian, please i am sorry. Seem to be misunderstanding each other, cos i don't even look at monikers before i respond. U can tell from my responses. We are on the same track. Thanks

Lol, finally
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by progress69: 12:35am On Nov 28, 2016
wanderlustian:

Gbam...
But let's be sincere, how many people can afford vaginal swab and wait for 3 days culture before result comes out?

By then d itching for don send you go yaba left

The money that will be spent on treating reoccurrence, would have been more than enough for a test and treatment once and forall. Afterall, symptoms can be treated while results are awaited.
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by progress69: 12:37am On Nov 28, 2016
delerx:
Thanks so much my brother. The post actually attracted a lot of visitors to my blog and so far go the highest number of views in all my posts on nairaland. Thanks once again. I need to have you as a friend. My name is Pharm dele 07030409811. That lil boy is not my problem @all.

Don't mention. However for some reasons, i choose to remaj anonymous. But trust me, we.will talk, but u may not know its this.moniker. this made FP finally. Nice one bro.
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by slimfresh(m): 12:48am On Nov 28, 2016
progress69:

Gosh, delerx, kindly ignore this pleb. This is the problem i have with the internet, filled with ITK people. That was how one quoted me to be blabbing nonsense on the abortion thread. Also saw one ITK in a thread where someone posted a pic of a cousin's head, with so many swellings, he was blasted by the doctor he quoted, the guy was even just a medical student that was talking jargons.

As for u that I quoted. There is NOTHING like toilet infections. It is true that some of this viruses can be in the toilet sit or whatever, but they don't live long outside the body. As a matter it is very difficult to pick a large amount of virus to cause any disease in the toilet, as an healthy immune system will easily knock it out. The virus even have to penetrate through the urethra or through a cut on the buttocks or something, so it very much unlikely. Normal hygiene of washing hands properly, and wiping of properly after toilet is enough to keep u at harms length. No girl or babe should come and deceive you that she got an infection from the toilet. There is also a difference b/w UTI and STDs. UTI are not contagious or sexually transmitted even though they can cause some discomfort too, especially in women and needs treatment. UTIs are caused by self, improper hygiene mostly after using the toilet not because one virus is waiting for you in the toilet to infect u. Most of what the OP stated are STDs gotten mainly from sex with an infected partner. If anyone is telling he or she got it from the toilet, both of you are deceiving yourselves.

In b/e This is an informative thread. Lalasticlala and Mynd44 this deserves FP. Haba
.......i beg to differ bro, there is every possibility of a woman getting infected by using public toilet... For the record I am a MICRIBIOLOGIST... Just as the OP has pointed out the major microbes that are part of the normal flora of the vagina are Candida albicans and lactobacillus acidi, the lacto bacillus acidi keeps the Candida in check by reducing the pH of the vagina now if the population of the bacteria is reduced drastically either by alteration of immune system or other cultural practices the yeast will overgrow. However what the OP failed to point out is that some diseases that are even classified as sexually transmitted can be contracted through the uhygenic use of toiletries a typical example is gonorrhoea (this case aplies to females alone) caused by the microbe neiserra gonorrhoea which is the only pathogenic gram negative bacteria that exists as a cocci (Its actually a diplicocci) ......if a lady shares the potti with an ifected lady (not in the incubation stage) lests assume they pee in the same potti, during this process the potti got filled and a sizeable part of the infected pee (note that the pee is expected to be sterile but in a UTI case like this it is not) found it's way into the victims vagina she becomes infected besides there are other microbes a lady could pick up from using public toilet. What OP should have done was to specify those that can't be picked up from the toilet example which is the candidiasis.

2 Likes

Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by wanderlustian(f): 12:48am On Nov 28, 2016
Then the problem with antibiotics is that they will kill the normal lactobacili flora and give candida room to flourish and frustrate you more.

And if u have bacteria vaginosis and use anti fungi topical cream, you will kill the Candida that should grown and help u balance out the bacteria and the case gets worse. That is why you hear toilet infection is not going or keeps recurring.

So my sisters that are complaining of itching that won't go away, see a doctor, get a lab referral for MCs (microscopy, culture and sensitivity) of vaginal swab or urine sample. Microscopy is to check for live or juvenile forms of parasites (eg trichomonas), culture is to breed the exact bacteria or fungi that is worrying you (ecoli, group b strep,staph or candida etc) and there is this magical thing they call sensitivity. Its my favourite Once u culture the sample and put in the sensitivity rods ( which contains the different common antibiotics), the lab scientist will return to see the exact antibiotic that will work for you condition so that you won't swallow septrin when it is augumentin that will work for you.

The lab will write to the doctor that antibiotic that worked so that he will prescribe it then you take to the pharmacist that will dispense it. Within a few days you are as good as new. But make sure you finish your dosage if not, the bacteria may become resistant and then we are back to square one.

So just manage and see a doctor. Its better that suffering in silence.

1 Like

Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by wanderlustian(f): 12:49am On Nov 28, 2016
progress69:

The money that will be spent on treating reoccurrence, would have been more than enough for a test and treatment once and forall. Afterall, symptoms can be treated while results are awaited.

Abi oooo
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by doosen: 1:18am On Nov 28, 2016
how can someone treat styph aureus that have enter resistance to antibiotics.
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by chigoizie7(m): 1:22am On Nov 28, 2016
BoboYekini:
Right there is why you need to STFU.

Sorry, maybe you have an underlying UTI/STI that becomes aggravated by toilet water. You should have that checked out.

Was about telling her same thing.
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by ebyoma(f): 1:44am On Nov 28, 2016
I've sent you a mail delerx. wanna join your whatsapp group
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by itzsniper(m): 3:35am On Nov 28, 2016
delerx:

http://tbsmedlink.com/blog/2016/09/15/the-so-called-toilet-infections-in-women/
@delerx , bros abeg wetin go make man blokos begin dey scratch am with rashes all allover em bloskos after sleeping with a woman, wat i just wanna knw was, say na dz so-called toilet infection or na STD. help a broda pls
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by repogirl(f): 3:43am On Nov 28, 2016
jack00000:
Add me for further explanation. Asides what the pharm explained. One of the problem is excessive obsession of ladies to make there vagina clean by doulching. Doulching is bad and it can predispose to infection. For d dullards from daura that claims there is toilet infection ur brain needs reset
Do you have a vagina? No!

So shut up, thank you.
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by repogirl(f): 4:03am On Nov 28, 2016
slimfresh:
.......i beg to differ bro, there is every possibility of a woman getting infected by using public toilet... For the record I am a MICRIBIOLOGIST... Just as the OP has pointed out the major microbes that are part of the normal flora of the vagina are Candida albicans and lactobacillus acidi, the lacto bacillus acidi keeps the Candida in check by reducing the pH of the vagina now if the population of the bacteria is reduced drastically either by alteration of immune system or other cultural practices the yeast will overgrow. However what the OP failed to point out is that some diseases that are even classified as sexually transmitted can be contracted through the uhygenic use of toiletries a typical example is gonorrhoea (this case aplies to females alone) caused by the microbe neiserra gonorrhoea which is the only pathogenic gram negative bacteria that exists as a cocci (Its actually a diplicocci) ......if a lady shares the potti with an ifected lady (not in the incubation stage) lests assume they pee in the same potti, during this process the potti got filled and a sizeable part of the infected pee (note that the pee is expected to be sterile but in a UTI case like this it is not) found it's way into the victims vagina she becomes infected besides there are other microbes a lady could pick up from using public toilet. What OP should have done was to specify those that can't be picked up from the toilet example which is the candidiasis.
thankyou, boboyekini, chigoize7, wanderlust etal.....finally something from a micro biologist.

As for those asking me to go for UTI tests, I have been pregnant three times and been tested while pregnant for safety reasons. So I am certified UTI free but once toilet water touches me, itching happens. The coincidence is just too uncanny.

As for wiping properly even my six year old kid knows she shouldn't wipe from the back forward.

@paperlace, piercedclit ..... it's he who wears the shoe that knows where it hurts. Male doctors will come and be assuming things for females. Thats how years ago, it was believed female org.asm was a myth and was impossible. Some still believe it still is impossible.

Others like Freud believed if a woman got educated she would start having male features, lol.

Probably because it doesn't happen to men, they assume it also can't happen to females. After a some years, they will realise their mistake.

2 Likes

Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by Afriface: 4:33am On Nov 28, 2016
Get cured from all the toilet infections.

visit www.eradicateitnow..com

Dr,Ola
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by wizflower(f): 6:00am On Nov 28, 2016
Kenshinmunac:

Are u serious shocked

My gf is always complaining of itching from toilet infection that her body easily gets infection each time she uses a public toilet or toilet her lodge mates used in skul. She also said that even without sitting on the toilet that the evaporation from the toilet to her organ can cause it

So all these are lies she formulated? So she got the infections thru sex?
Are you even alright, so you don't know that wearing wet pants, washing your virgin with soap and so many of them can cause infection, even what we eat sef

1 Like

Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by Kenshinmunac(m): 6:40am On Nov 28, 2016
wizflower:
Are you even alright, so you don't know that wearing wet pants, washing your virgin with soap and so many of them can cause infection, even what we eat sef

Lol nor vex you know I'm not a lady so I can't know all that cheesy
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by donbrowser(m): 6:49am On Nov 28, 2016
naijaboy756:
All these quack doctors sef! Sorry o for the quack name. But maybe your book has not covered the toilet area. Your knowledge is limited. Practically people are getting infected from toilets and your are here talking about the level of knowledge you have. If you have a sister or babe, let her go use some pit toilets and let's see. Afterwhich you will update your knowledge.
Until my female virgin friend had an infection, i used to think all infections for female are from sex

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? / Legendary Sword Swallower Pierces His Abdomen, Liver, And Lungs During Practice / Get Rid Of Pimples And Spots With Oriflame Pure Skin Set

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.