Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,906 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

**best Epic/fantasy Movie Ever!** - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / **best Epic/fantasy Movie Ever!** (6671 Views)

Poll: what's your best epic/fantansy movie ever ?

Troy: 5% (1 vote)
Braveheart: 22% (4 votes)
Harry Potter series: 11% (2 votes)
LOTR series: 22% (4 votes)
Gladiator: 22% (4 votes)
Star Dust: 0% (0 votes)
Pirates of the Caribbean series: 5% (1 vote)
Underworld series: 0% (0 votes)
300: 11% (2 votes)
The last Samurai: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Which Nollywood Movie Ever Made You Cry? / Is There Any Other Epic fantasy Movie As Good As Merlin / What is Your Favorite Epic Fantasy Movie Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

**best Epic/fantasy Movie Ever!** by Shola2009(m): 9:02pm On Oct 20, 2009
first of all,i searched,and never found any thread with this topic,so if this topic has  been previosuly discussed,i apologise . . make una no yab me.

so,there are tons of great epic/fantasy movies out there,and as a diehard fan of epic/fantasy movies i luv em' all.But some of such movies,we can watch over and and over and over again. lol . . some of such  movies are on a league of their own. . . afterall power pass power. so guys,girls,beautiful people. .lol. whats your favourite epic/fantasy movie of all time

p.s. if yours isn't amongst those listed in the poll,simply post it. thanks!

For me,its gotta be the lord of the rings, all three of them! simply the best movie ever!! and the book. . well lets not even go there. smiley
Re: **best Epic/fantasy Movie Ever!** by liquid7: 11:51pm On Oct 21, 2009
lord of the rings or star wars
Re: **best Epic/fantasy Movie Ever!** by steeze(m): 2:01pm On Oct 22, 2009
Well for me star wars is crap!! I've never been able to warm up 2 d whole idea behind it. But lord of the rings, NOW UR TALKING!! It's the bestest bestest epic ever!! I think i've watched it like- a thousand? No, a million times!! And i never get bored. But about the books, the books are kind of boring to me. It wasn't as interesting as the Harry Potter Books. The movies corrected that. Then maybe Legend of the seeker, and Harry Potter.
Re: **best Epic/fantasy Movie Ever!** by Lenny9000(m): 4:34am On Oct 23, 2009
Definitely Lord of the rings Trilogy grin
Re: **best Epic/fantasy Movie Ever!** by maedan(f): 5:45am On Oct 23, 2009
Maybe someone should write up a list of all the big epic fantasy movies and let us take our pick smiley.

Lord of the Rings is a popular choice, and so is Harry Potter, but they're not my faves.
Re: **best Epic/fantasy Movie Ever!** by semid4lyfe(m): 3:39pm On Oct 23, 2009
@ Poster

Draw up a list of 10 epic/fantasy films, make a poll and let peeps vote.

Anyhow sha, for me it's between Braveheart & Gladiator - difficult to choose between these two epic films.
Re: **best Epic/fantasy Movie Ever!** by Shola2009(m): 8:26pm On Oct 23, 2009
^^thanks alot
Re: **best Epic/fantasy Movie Ever!** by mohawkchic(f): 2:53am On Oct 24, 2009
[size=13pt] ~Difficult choice to make w/ the polls. . .i let my mind rule my head & chose 300. . those abs cud do something to a chic grin

~Troy,Braveheart,Gladiator are right up there on the Epic list tho!!

~I'm not keen on Lord of The Rings/Harry Porter/Star Wars. . .never cud actually sit thro any. . .
[/size]
Re: **best Epic/fantasy Movie Ever!** by Shola2009(m): 7:17pm On Oct 24, 2009
~Difficult choice to make w/ the polls. . .i let my mind rule my head & chose 300. . those abs cud do something to a chic Grin

~Troy,Braveheart,Gladiator are right up there on the Epic list tho!!

~I'm not keen on Lord of The Rings/Harry Porter/Star Wars. . .never cud actually sit thro any. . .
shocked shocked LORT is "only" the best movie ever made!
I'm guessing you have a thing for movies in which the hero dies in the end. grin maybe or maybe not.
Re: **best Epic/fantasy Movie Ever!** by mohawkchic(f): 8:43pm On Oct 24, 2009
Shola2009:

[size=13pt]~ grin I'm not convinced![/size]

Shola2009:

I'm guessing you have a thing for movies in which the hero dies in the end. grin maybe or maybe not.

[size=13pt]~Not!! grin[/size]
Re: **best Epic/fantasy Movie Ever!** by Nobody: 11:14pm On Oct 24, 2009
they're so many.

A few:

LOTR

Neverending story

Wizard of Oz

jumanji

clash of the titans

the Mummy

conan

willy wonka

etc
Re: **best Epic/fantasy Movie Ever!** by iice(f): 7:26pm On Oct 26, 2009
LOTR is the ultimate Epic

Shola2009:

Totally. The enormity of the project and solidity of translation from book to movie (yes it's never really the same but he managed) is mind boggling. Everything was perfecto. I salute PJ just i salute ZS for 300 (very solid translation from book to movie)
Re: **best Epic/fantasy Movie Ever!** by vescucci(m): 10:23pm On Oct 29, 2009
Lord, God! Tpia. You shocked me. I was gonna mention Jumanji and Never Ending Story. I'm still dazed
Re: **best Epic/fantasy Movie Ever!** by maedan(f): 2:05am On Oct 30, 2009
Can't believe Van Helsing is not on that list undecided. Well that's my fave fantasy movie, have it on my ipod cos the effects are soo hot!! As for epics, I'll give it to Troy. The fight scenes are the best everrrrr!!(well, maybe a little better than Gladiators, my second fave epic wink)
Re: **best Epic/fantasy Movie Ever!** by Shola2009(m): 8:26am On Oct 31, 2009
Can't believe Van Helsing is not on that list Undecided. Well that's my fave fantasy movie, have it on my ipod cos the effects are soo hot!! As for epics, I'll give it to Troy. The fight scenes are the best everrrrr!!(well, maybe a little better than Gladiators, my second fave epic Wink)
I was gonna include van Helsing,the movie wasn't a big deal in the box office,when it was realeased. And besides,it was only cool cause Jackman & Beckinsale we in it.Nothing more.

LOTR:The triology
Budget US$ 285 million
Gross revenue $ 2,915,155,189 shocked shocked
Now,thats a movie! wink
Re: **best Epic/fantasy Movie Ever!** by mobileshub(m): 11:02am On Oct 31, 2009
I must stick with Troy & 300. I saw both movies at least 3 times and both are really nice to watch as well.
Re: **best Epic/fantasy Movie Ever!** by dominique(f): 8:54pm On Oct 31, 2009
braveheart moved me like no other movie did.
Re: **best Epic/fantasy Movie Ever!** by africhika(f): 3:46am On Nov 01, 2009
the neverending story
merlin (the one that came out in 1998)
Re: **best Epic/fantasy Movie Ever!** by iice(f): 4:00pm On Nov 01, 2009
africhika:

the neverending story
merlin (the one that came out in 1998)

That's a movie made for TV, not a cinematic piece. Was awesome though. Fell in love with Helen Bonham Carter with that.
Re: **best Epic/fantasy Movie Ever!** by mykali(m): 4:47pm On Nov 01, 2009
Lord of the Rings  . . .my fav being The Return of the King

then Gladiator was touching cry

and the LOTR novels are fantastic shocked
Re: **best Epic/fantasy Movie Ever!** by maedan(f): 1:12am On Nov 02, 2009
@Shola2009
You started a thread for people to share their thoughts on their favourite/best epic/fantasy movies. If you're going to start off by condemning our choices then I'm sorry I bothered.

Van Helsing is my favourite fantasy movie ever. I've watched it at least six times, and I'll certainly watch it again. Beckinsale and Jackman made it work for me, but don't detract from the special effects and the great plot. I'm not crazy about LOTR which seems to be your and most people's fave, but I wouldn't make any disparaging comments about your tastes.

Anyway, who says a movie's quality can be measured only by box office sales, gross revenue and "budget"??
And I actually thought you knew something about movies undecided tongue.
Re: **best Epic/fantasy Movie Ever!** by Shola2009(m): 6:50am On Nov 02, 2009
woooo! i only said why i didn't include van helsing on the list &
why,LOTR to moi is the awesomest movie ever made.

I'm sry that you feel i was condemning ur choice,
no harm intended. sad grin
Re: **best Epic/fantasy Movie Ever!** by iice(f): 11:39am On Nov 02, 2009
I could have done without Kate Beckinsale's character. . .reason why i like lotr. No too much woman/man touchy feely thing.
Re: **best Epic/fantasy Movie Ever!** by maedan(f): 1:08pm On Nov 02, 2009
iice, what's a vampire movie without a decent female lead to spice things up undecided?? Anyway there was really not much touchy feely in the movie, trust me. Everything was on the level. Films like the Blade series and Twilight always have a tinge of romance to lighten up the bloodshed wink.

Shola2009, it was obvious from the beginning that all you wanted was to blab about your fave movie, LOTR, and anyone with a contrary view could just stuff it tongue. I mean it was I who first suggested you start a poll, if not I bet this thread woulda been all about you and your beloved LOTR. By the way, apart from the special effects the movie to me was so infantile.
Re: **best Epic/fantasy Movie Ever!** by iice(f): 1:14pm On Nov 02, 2009
Interview with the vampire is a decent vampire flick without the whole romance thing.
I liked Van Helsing but i'm not big on females in movies. The just bring wahala to the plans of the males grin I like it when the man has enough back bone and honor to push aside his and her feelings to do the right thing. Example my ultimate hero = Batman cool Aragorn did it too kiss
Though Helsing did do what he went to Transylvania to do, his actions were still slightly colored by his feelings for her. . .what was her name again? Anna? BTW dracula was totally awesome grin
Re: **best Epic/fantasy Movie Ever!** by No2Atheism(m): 1:16pm On Nov 02, 2009
iice:

Interview with the vampire is a decent vampire flick without the whole romance thing. 
I liked Van Helsing but i'm not big on females in movies.  The just bring wahala to the plans of the males grin I like it when the man has enough back bone and honor to push aside his and her feelings to do the right thing.  Example my ultimate hero = Batman cool Aragorn did it too kiss
Though Helsing did do what he went to Transylvania to do, his actions were still slightly colored by his feelings for her. . .what was her name again? Anna? BTW dracula was totally awesome grin

iice u r startin to scare me  . . . thank goodness u were not born a guy . . .
Re: **best Epic/fantasy Movie Ever!** by iice(f): 1:19pm On Nov 02, 2009
No2Atheism:

iice u r startin to scare me  . . . thank goodness u were not born a guy . . .

grin grin I've said, the powers that be, know why i didn't come out a male cheesy
Re: **best Epic/fantasy Movie Ever!** by maedan(f): 1:20pm On Nov 02, 2009
^^^^No2Atheism, you took the words right outta my mouth cheesy!!!

iice you've got to be the only female I know who would say that. No females in vampire/action/epic movies? Very rarely does it happen!! Think of Pirates of the Carribean and The Mummy series, and tell me it wasn't the strong, beautiful women that added to the over-all appeal of the flicks wink wink.
Re: **best Epic/fantasy Movie Ever!** by tboy1(m): 1:22pm On Nov 02, 2009
lotr
Re: **best Epic/fantasy Movie Ever!** by Shola2009(m): 1:25pm On Nov 02, 2009
Shola2009, it was obvious from the beginning that all you wanted was to blab about your fave movie, LOTR, and anyone with a contrary view could just stuff it Tongue. I mean it was I who first suggested you start a poll, if not I bet this thread woulda been all about you and your beloved LOTR. By the way, apart from the special effects the movie to me was so infantile.
haba. why na?. . grin
i do believe LOTR,is the greatest movie ever made.But,i also wanna hear wat everyonelse has to say bout their fav epic movie.
All epic movies are awesome.dn't matter if it's  LOTR,Van helsing or even clash of the titans  grin grin

Aragorn did it too
All hail Aragorn
king of Gondorrrrrrrrrrrr!!!
Re: **best Epic/fantasy Movie Ever!** by Shola2009(m): 1:29pm On Nov 02, 2009

iice you've got to be the only female I know who would say that. No females in vampire/action/epic movies? Very rarely does it happen!! Think of Pirates of the Carribean [/b]and The Mummy series, and tell me it wasn't the strong,[b] beautiful women that added to the over-all appeal of the flicks Wink Wink.
IMO,Kiera Knightly was an absolute waste of money.
Her character had absolutely no use or purpose.
she was lucky the writers didn't kill her character after the first movie.
Re: **best Epic/fantasy Movie Ever!** by iice(f): 1:30pm On Nov 02, 2009
Nah, there are females in vampire flicks.  But in vampire world, relationships/feelings aren't so linear - man/woman. . .Not to say i don't enjoy a good romance in vampire movies.  My most romantic movie is Bram Stoker's Dracula grin Which makes twilight a rubbish movie in my eyes.  

Ahahahaha Kiera knightley was irritating, so was Orlando Bloom, seemed wimpish to me. . .always Elizabeth this, Elizabeth that.  Jack Sparrow was the only one with a clear plan in his head anyway.  I didn't mind the mummy series though. . .Rachel Weisz was a strong woman but then again. . .O'connor, was still on the path.

Only females that interest me are the ones who seem to have a purpose other than making some guy loose his head. undecided With all their feminine wiles and what not angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ronke Apampa / Can Anybody Help Me With A Torrent Site, Where I Can Download Nigerian Movies / Dominion: Fan Base

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.