Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,278 members, 7,807,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

An Open Letter To President Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To President Buhari (479 Views)

Governors Bowing To President Buhari In Aso Rock (Video) / Man Compares Buhari To President Bouteflika Who Rules Algeria On Wheelchair / Nigerians React To President Buhari's Return In Funny Tweets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To President Buhari by Shadbay(m): 7:43pm On Oct 13, 2016
OPEN LETTER TO BUHARI FROM #making_NYSC_OPTIONAL_GROUP
OUR names are NIGERIAN YOUTHS,The fresh graduates of the VARIOUS Nigerian UNIVERSITIES.

Last week, we got some disturbing information as regard to the NYSC mobilisation of prospective corp members and we want everyone of us to be aware of the evil that is about to befall all fresh graduates and students if urgent measures/precautions aint taken.

It is no more news that the number of prospective corp members in all institutions for Batch B have been drastically slashed due to "tight budgetary allocation", we guess we owe this to the present economic recession. Some universities
Unizik for example has been slashed from 2314 to 894, OAU-IFE has been slashed from 4000 to 1600, EKSU-ADO EKITI was slashed from 5200 to 1700, FUOYE was slashed to 400 when they still have a set not yet mobilized, Federal Polytechnic ado ekiti was slashed to 200, hmmm that's jst like one third of the prospective members.

Uniabuja not excluded can only mobilize 546 members,this is even less than the total number of graduates in three departments of the institution. Our question now is what happens to the backlog? I guess the answer is they have to wait till the next batch and with this numbers, it is certain not all of them will make it to another batch.

It has been proved that 70% of Batch B(formerly batch C) corp members are those that had extra semester or their academic calendar was interrupted and d remaining 30% are fresh graduates from schools whose academic calendar are faster or barely interrupted. This further indicates that fresh graduates waiting for batch A may even triple this recent number. if my calculation is right, some of us might have to wait 2-3yrs before youth service.

This would have been ok if without NYSC certificate we can
1. Be eligible to compete in the labour market.
2. Go for my masters degree
But the sad news is without the certificate we can't achieve all this,so all we have to do is 'wait'? Even if it takes years?
We understand the country is going through economic recession but should the lives of we youth also recede because of it? I say a capital NO to that! what happens to those that are close to 3o and hence might be deprived of NYSC programme if the delay should persist. So all those waiting period turns to exercise in futility. smh.

As much as we love to wear that khaki,we wouldn't want to waste precious years of my life at the expense of wearing it. In a country where most of us have used extra years in studying due to ASUU strikes and other internal strikes. In a country where your age really matters in the labour market.
In a country where even after NYSC,70% of graduates are unable to get jobs untill after 2yrs or more. In a country where we give more attention and respect to what is written in the paper than what is 'in the head'. In a country where young graduates are being asked to present evidence of 5yrs of working experience before they can be employed.

We all need to rise and stop this evil before it stops us. Government shouldn't gamble with our future if they can't cater for all of us at once. let NYSC be OPTIONAL and stop making obnoxious decisions that are detrimental to our future.

Join us in spreading this message with #makeNYSCoptional #Livesofyouthmatters
We can no longer sit and watch while our future being toiled with. You can also attach your own reasons why you think NYSC should be optional. You may not be concerned but please for the sake of people around you who may be affected, let's all repost this message and #makeNYSCoptional trend till it gets to the right channel.
#GodblesstheFederalRepublicofNigeria
#God bless you all.
Re: An Open Letter To President Buhari by Shadbay(m): 7:45pm On Oct 13, 2016
Cc: Lalasticlala, Seun
Re: An Open Letter To President Buhari by DesChyko: 7:56pm On Oct 13, 2016
I think his assistants have closed for the day. Nobody to read it to him with translations where necessary.
Perhaps, he will know the contents of the letter tomorrow.
Re: An Open Letter To President Buhari by ejihand(m): 8:01pm On Oct 13, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Still On Mohammadu-aisha Buhari Saga: What Do You Think? / Aisha Should Have Advised President Buhari In BED Not On BBC - Senator Owie / Buhari Tells Germany Journalist Again: My Wife's Main Role Is Taking Care Of me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.