Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,937 members, 7,806,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG (12446 Views)

Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma, Matthew Iduoriyekemwen, Others Decamp To APC In Edo / EHIOZUWA JOHNSON AGBONAYINMA Joins APC; PDP Lawmakers Jubilant / Buhari’s Signature Forged To Sell $19m Crude Oil To China - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by Proudlyngwa(m): 1:31pm On Oct 14, 2016
houstonia:

do Nigerian artiste care beyond the bolded? How many entrepreneurs do you know who does care about the bolded ?
I don't understand your question.
Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by Miladi(f): 1:32pm On Oct 14, 2016
No individual, organization or government anywhere in the world has made/makes/can make uncommon progress and discovery by being orthodox; bending the law is never a crime but breaking it is and will always be.

In the light of the above, I wholeheartedly endorse the rep's stance.

7 Likes

Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 14, 2016
This man get brain pass Dino melaye.

2 Likes

Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by Laid2001: 2:30pm On Oct 14, 2016
Ooo Yea, DPR will pursue them with a certificate of License to Operate
And SEC will go into the creeks to find out their preferred name.

what arrant nonsense, some of these guys can be so stupiiid![size=8pt][/size]
Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by Unimaginable123: 2:35pm On Oct 14, 2016
Qabt:
The question is, are those refineries up to the standard?
license them and bring them up to standard

1 Like

Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by Unimaginable123: 2:36pm On Oct 14, 2016
Laid2001:
Ooo Yea, DPR will pursue them with a certificate of License to Operate
And SEC will go into the creeks to find out their preferred name.

what arrant nonsense, some of these guys can be so stupiiid![size=8pt][/size]
is it not their oil?

1 Like

Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by Unimaginable123: 2:37pm On Oct 14, 2016
ednut1:
the miners in the North are not illegal too abi. gerahere
true talk

1 Like

Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by singlenigerian: 2:37pm On Oct 14, 2016
blueto:
FG can establish mechanisms through which they can source the crudes legitimately, the funds raised from selling selling the refined products to emptors will be channelled back for further legal procurement of the crudes.

After all, if the government can provide bail out funds to airlines and banks, they can and should provide some sort of loan or funds to ensure that these refineries can start quickly and provide some form of oversight to ensure quality.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 14, 2016
Read book, some idiots like this no go gree.

Does this mumu think that illegal refineries look and function with the right equipment and standards? Most are just some villagers boiling off the crude in drums till the lighter hydrocarbons burn off and extracting the 'diesel'..

And where does he think they get their cude supply from?
Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by basadenet: 2:48pm On Oct 14, 2016
There is Sense in what the man had said. The Government should immediately look into it and do something quick.

1 Like

Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by Bhol28: 2:57pm On Oct 14, 2016
A good idea by saying.If they will really abide with the regulations they can be tested but that cannot gurantee cheap petrol or diesel because their running cost cant be same again.They,re selling cheap because they get their crude free.
Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by engrchykae(m): 3:16pm On Oct 14, 2016
Proudlyngwa:
There is a reason they are called illegal.
We can as well license illegal drug production centers.
Illegal tertiary institutions.
Illegal foods and beverages.

Sometimes I wonder, whether the cause of our problems is in the air we breathe or the water we drink.
license them and regulate them.
I even recommend those guys that make guns such as Aba and Awka to be licensed and regulated.
USA make use of death row criminals why can't we.
if we tap into our criminal tendencies and stop fighting our gift,the sky would be our doormat

1 Like

Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by engrchykae(m): 3:23pm On Oct 14, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

Thanks.
Hoping for a better and greater Eastern region.
every great nation have criminals eg USA had CIA,Russia have KGB,UK have mi6,Israel have mossad
we should assemble our own criminals to prosper and stop fighting our IT gurus in the name of cyber crimes and rather absorb them into efcc and dss.and see if the world won't fear us.

1 Like

Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by Raddie(m): 3:32pm On Oct 14, 2016
"Nice try but I won't bite"

I'd prefer the carrot and stick approach - "yes i'll give you your license but give me your suppliers".
Every go adjust - -

Anyways - I too advocate licenses for illegal rice, turkey/chicken, fuel importers, all marijuana sellers..... the list is endless jare.

This country enh!
Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by Proudlyngwa(m): 3:49pm On Oct 14, 2016
engrchykae:
every great nation have criminals eg USA had CIA,Russia have KGB,UK have mi6,Israel have mossad
we should assemble our own criminals to prosper and stop fighting our IT gurus in the name of cyber crimes and rather absorb them into efcc and dss.and see if the world won't fear us.

What makes you think Nigeria doesn't have repeated cyber criminals working for them. I used to know one in those early days of one box, in fact I was even caught with him, by the management of a cybercafe we broke their screen code.
Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by Proudlyngwa(m): 4:00pm On Oct 14, 2016
engrchykae:
license them and regulate them.
I even recommend those guys that make guns such as Aba and Awka to be licensed and regulated.
USA make use of death row criminals why can't we.
if we tap into our criminal tendencies and stop fighting our gift,the sky would be our doormat
You don't understand this illegal refining thing.
Once they are licensed it no longer becomes lucrative as they main profit is the stolen crude
Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by Ken4Christ: 4:06pm On Oct 14, 2016
The suggestion will not be welcomed because our leaders are benefiting more from the importation of fuel. First, who told you that our refineries cannot be fixed? They choose to abandon it for their selfish gains. Some of the refineries they refined the products are owned by Nigerians. It is only a selfless government that will allow the illegal refineries to be upgraded and regulated.

Why the government tag these boys as thieves, they are actually the bigger thieves.
Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by LeStylo: 5:19pm On Oct 14, 2016
Good bless you.

Proudlyngwa:
There is a reason they are called illegal.
We can as well license illegal drug production centers.
Illegal tertiary institutions.
Illegal foods and beverages.

Sometimes I wonder, whether the cause of our problems is in the air we breathe or the water we drink.
Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:24pm On Oct 14, 2016
LeStylo:
Good bless you.

Thanks.

Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by engrchykae(m): 5:26pm On Oct 14, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

You don't understand this illegal refining thing.
Once they are licensed it no longer becomes lucrative as they main profit is the stolen crude
how do you mean by there won't be profit if. they are licensed?but. the multinationals lobby and interfer in our politics in order to continue the so-called unprofitable business in Nigeria.
Dangote is spending billions building a refinery and later will buy crude,all these moves by a known brutal business mogul in the world and you think there is not profit.
the thing is that the lower class wants to crash the party of the elite with these move.
fuel prices would be cheaper and there won't be need for subsidy anymore and being an oil worker won't be a big deal again.
I won't need to fill secret society form to get a job.
the elites are really pissed off right now.
Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by engrchykae(m): 5:28pm On Oct 14, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

What makes you think Nigeria doesn't have repeated cyber criminals working for them. I used to know one in those early days of one box, in fact I was even caught with him, by the management of a cybercafe we broke their screen code.
even those guys being burnt on the roadside should be considered for either the army or police,it takes a thief to catch a thief
Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:54pm On Oct 14, 2016
engrchykae:
how do you mean by there won't be profit if. they are licensed?but. the multinationals lobby and interfer in our politics in order to continue the so-called unprofitable business in Nigeria.
Dangote is spending billions building a refinery and later will buy crude,all these moves by a known brutal business mogul in the world and you think there is not profit.
the thing is that the lower class wants to crash the party of the elite with these move.
fuel prices would be cheaper and there won't be need for subsidy anymore and being an oil worker won't be a big deal again.
I won't need to fill secret society form to get a job.
the elites are really pissed off right now.
Boss by your moniker, I believe you are an engineer and also from the east. Just like me. So I will take the pain to explain this gradually so it won't turn to issues of sentiments based on hate.

I have been able to reach some actual so called refineries and this things are nothing close to refineries, they are more of distilleries.
Crude oil products range feom solids i.e plastics , to slurry i.e grease, to heavy fluid engine oil then kero, diesel, petrol , brake fluid and then gas.
What this illegal refinery does is steal crude and then distillate for mostly diesel, kerosine or petrol in its crudest form.
Permit me to say that petrol is just 30% of crude oil, in other words this illegal refineries will be running at a mega loss if they were getting the crude legally.
Also the products of this illegal refineries are dangerous. That is why you have kerosine that explodes because they were not degassed.
Most people don't use condescent for anything but I pass my neighbour generator.
While most heavy duty engines have packed up because of the diesel could not be properly separated from other heavy compounds like aviation fuel .
The waste is not also properly managed as they can't afford standard waste management procedures.

So legalizing them or upgrading them won't just cut as they are completely useless and only survive because of stolen crude so any lawmaker asking for their legalisation needs to have their head examined.
Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:03pm On Oct 14, 2016
engrchykae:
even those guys being burnt on the roadside should be considered for either the army or police,it takes a thief to catch a thief
That's more like SARS grin
On a more serious note, Crimes bordering on physical violence are a very big no to me ,as most times its more psychiatric than psychological and must need rehabilitation before reintegration.

As for that incident, I never knew that guy was capable of such or linked with such.
Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by Edetson(m): 6:30pm On Oct 14, 2016
Hi everyone,

What distinguishes two nations is the approach with which they confront thesame issue.

The Nigerian JTF have been directed by the Federal Government I suppose to destroy illegal refineries situated in the Niger Delta. Now my argument is this: if this is a skill why not the government leverage on it instead of destroying it.

In my own view, Nigeria would never had gone into recession in the first place. It is just that the Nigerian Government in my own little view prefers to borrow everything including technology, and that is why this recession could not be adverted even when a lot of postulations I believe were made.

Thank You...

Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by badman007(m): 6:44pm On Oct 14, 2016
This should have been brought up long long ago
Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by engrchykae(m): 7:03pm On Oct 14, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

Boss by your moniker, I believe you are an engineer and also from the east. Just like me. So I will take the pain to explain this gradually so it won't turn to issues of sentiments based on hate.

I have been able to reach some actual so called refineries and this things are nothing close to refineries, they are more of distilleries.
Crude oil products range feom solids i.e plastics , to slurry i.e grease, to heavy fluid engine oil then kero, diesel, petrol , brake fluid and then gas.
What this illegal refinery does is steal crude and then distillate for mostly diesel, kerosine or petrol in its crudest form.
Permit me to say that petrol is just 30% of crude oil, in other words this illegal refineries will be running at a mega loss if they were getting the crude legally.
Also the products of this illegal refineries are dangerous. That is why you have kerosine that explodes because they were not degassed.
Most people don't use condescent for anything but I pass my neighbour generator.
While most heavy duty engines have packed up because of the diesel could not be properly separated from other heavy like fuel .
The waste is not also properly managed as they can't afford standard waste management procedures.

So legalizing them or upgrading them won't just cut as they are completely useless and only survive because of stolen crude so any lawmaker asking for their legalisation needs to have their head examined.

i
u are right about me,I studied polymer and textile eng'g so I understand what you are saying about the loses that come as a result of improper production process but if you remember,the lawmaker did not just advocate for them to be licensed,he said that they should be regulated,now that regulation is what I am counting on to offset the drawbacks.
moreover,if we must advance as Nigerians and be independent not pissing on our pants when the multinationals declares force majeure,we must encourage these guys ,bear the loss of poor production as a result of inefficient method of production and enjoy. in the future as they improve on their facilities and methods.
do you know that far back in the early days of oil drilling,the Americans were using cow dung and places cows passed thru as drilling mud/fluid but today me and you know that drilling mud/fluid technology have improved.
the point am trying to make is that I am looking at the future benefit.
Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:15pm On Oct 14, 2016
engrchykae:
u are right about me,I studied polymer and textile eng'g so I understand what you are saying about the loses that come as a result of improper production process but if you remember,the lawmaker did not just advocate for them to be licensed,he said that they should be regulated,now that regulation is what I am counting on to offset the drawbacks.
moreover,if we must advance as Nigerians and be independent not pissing on our pants when the multinationals declares force majeure,we must encourage these guys ,bear the loss of poor production as a result of inefficient method of production and enjoy. in the future as they improve on their facilities and methods.
do you know that far back in the early days of oil drilling,the Americans were using cow dung and places cows passed thru as drilling mud/fluid but today me and you know that drilling mud/fluid technology have improved.
the point am trying to make is that I am looking at the future benefit.
For them to be regulated ,they need to meet standards.
Most of this guys, just use big drums to cook diesel, peyrolband use pipes to collect their products.
Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by chijioke17(m): 7:52pm On Oct 14, 2016
I swear, this should be considered, these people are already employers of labour illegally why not stop the oil bunkery, supply them legally voila, you have solved 2 problems with one move
Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by 19naia(m): 11:58pm On Oct 14, 2016
It makes sense when fuel issues are a major part of the root of Nigeria's problems.
You have people trying to make Fuel locally which keeps Nigeria's money in Nigeria to circulate in the local economy. Nigeria has refined fuel shortages and the import of such is a major problem for poor Nigerian.

Let any Nigerian who knows how to refine be free to refine locally, and subsidize them if need be. Also inspect and regulate them for the issues of bad fuel products and environmental safety. So much oil spills and wastes on the land making problems. Let people go to those spill areas and scoop the raw crude from the land to sell to small refineries. It will clean the land more and make work for desperate people.

Eventually Nigeria will reach a surplus and be able to reduce fuel price, export fuel for more revenues ,and also shut down the refiners who are problem causers with bad products or stealing from pipelines.
It is more expensive to fight illegal refiners than it is to allow them, regulate/monitor them and tax them. Go to them in peace, help them to do better and tax them in return. They will profit, government will profit and the economy will grow.
Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by 19naia(m): 12:14am On Oct 15, 2016
Nigerians pay more for refined fuel than they recieve for crude oil. Thats is the key. The economy will do better if more refineries are allowed, and the government supplies the illegal refineries with crude oil and subsidies to expand their efficiency and production. The illegal refineries that steal crude, can be upgraded to more efficient production and the means to make better/safer products. When they are done, governemnt can tax them. The subsidies do not need to be cash payment, but the governemnt paying the contractirs who will go in to redesign and upgrade their operationss.
All of that will be cheaper and better for the economy than spending to bomb them in an endless cat and mouse game with no way of seeing the illegal fuel improve to safe quality and seeing the theft stop.
The theft is a greater loss than giving it to them for free and then taxing the profits. The theft makes instability in the nations oil production accoutability.. Giving crude to them free is stable because you will not have to spend to repair the broken oil line or spend on military and police actions amid unpredictable damage to the national oil supply.
Legalizing will balance out with the gains of a safer product and the governemnt being able to tax their profits.

Government should allow and subsidize production. Remember GEJ time when he subsidized fuel consumption at a net loss from the national crude oil business? Fighting production is no good. Helping it and subsidizing it to enable a better and more efficient product will have long lasting rewards. Lower local prices will make the difference and there is still the export market to have.
Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by Blackkie: 12:36am On Oct 15, 2016
One bottle of Origin to that Honorable!

Legalizing the refineries will solve a lot of issues and bring about many good things.

Now it is illegal, if it is legalized, it will not be the same again. This way of thinking is just thinking out of the box.

I have read a lot of jargons here but let me say one thing, taking this suggested route will do the following:-

1. Standardize micro oil refining
2. Bring a drop in pipe line vandalism
3. Crate a huge homegrown technical force
4. Make fuel and diesel available
5. Create more jobs
6. Spin technological growth
7. Conserve foreign exchange

This idea was what Dora Akunyili brought into NAFDAC that made so many Nigerians manufacturers of drugs. Are forgeting the pure water business, she welcomed them gave them guidelines, monitored them and licensed them. Today the outcome is what everyone can testify about.

Legalizing our existing illegal refineries will bring about innovations and investments in the Niger Delta.
Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by davidif: 5:04am On Oct 15, 2016
When you go to Texas you would see people's personal oil rigs in there backyard like this. I can't begin to imagine the govt trying shut down this rigs or take control of them, you go see yawa. Meanwhile in Naija does the federal govt want to own people's property and we wonder why things don't work in this country.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG To Nigerians: Prevail On Senators To Approve $30bn Loan / President Buhari Jets Out Of Nigeria For Liberia's 172nd Independent Anniversary / 2023: Ahmed Lawan Refutes Reports Of Withdrawal, Says He Will Win Primary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.