Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,318 members, 7,808,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

DSS Arrests Emeh James Anyalekwa, Igbere TV Blogger; Site Shutdown - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Arrests Emeh James Anyalekwa, Igbere TV Blogger; Site Shutdown (30369 Views)

Hmmm. See What IPOB Planned To Do If Anyalekwa, Igbere TV Was Not Released (Pics / Eme James Anyalekwa Posted This On Facebook After His Release / Anyalekwa, Igbere TV Blogger Released (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSS Arrests Emeh James Anyalekwa, Igbere TV Blogger; Site Shutdown by Progressive01(m): 7:06am On Oct 15, 2016
obailala:
Good Riddance!
Don't mind them. cheesy. Those of us who know better would understand the idiot was apprehended for selling too much lies and inflammable propaganda to the public and we've complained about that particular source to the mods several times on this platform.

I hope they get thetrentonline and breakingtimes too. Let wailers go to hell and screw themselves there.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Arrests Emeh James Anyalekwa, Igbere TV Blogger; Site Shutdown by Progressive01(m): 7:10am On Oct 15, 2016
obailala:
Yoruba Muslim bla bla bla... Is that all you've got in your skull?
You dey fuckup. Do not join issues with them. Once they insult you directly quoting you or mentioning your moniker, simply use the report button. grin

2 Likes

Re: DSS Arrests Emeh James Anyalekwa, Igbere TV Blogger; Site Shutdown by airsaylongcon: 7:20am On Oct 15, 2016
obailala:
So because you think someone lied against GEJ in the past, so therefore that's a justification for everyone to support full frontal false garbage being churned out everyday by several political vendetta driven blogs that have sprung up everywhere?

He who sows the wind must surel and reap the whirlwind
Re: DSS Arrests Emeh James Anyalekwa, Igbere TV Blogger; Site Shutdown by Johnnoo(m): 7:29am On Oct 15, 2016
The should consider human rights
Re: DSS Arrests Emeh James Anyalekwa, Igbere TV Blogger; Site Shutdown by MEGAWATCH: 7:35am On Oct 15, 2016
obailala:
Such a thing cannot get to me because I would never descend into the shameless pit of churning out falsehood and propaganda per-second per-second in order to distort public opinion and deceive gullible folks into following my political ideology. I advise you to visit IgbereTV site to behold the putrid nonsense they churn out as fact everyday; it's because of such stinking blogs that one would be tempted to support the social media bill. Once again, good riddance!

GO AND CHECK ALL THE APC SAID BEFORE COMING TO POWER. HYPOCRITE.....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Arrests Emeh James Anyalekwa, Igbere TV Blogger; Site Shutdown by Nobody: 7:35am On Oct 15, 2016
RosaConsidine:
Sorry, has anyone actually verified if this is indeed true?

I mean, we Nigerians are pretty notorious for using whatever is currently trending to further our personal interests. Before today, I never knew something like IgberenewsTV (which is it, news or TV?) existed. Same as abiainfoonline. I'm sure Buhari has bigger critics to put away if that is his modus operandi. Why go after the relatively unknown IgberenewsTV or radio or whatever?

Is any reputable Nigerian media outlet reporting this?
I just checked the site and truly they have shut it down. It's getting interesting. Nigeria is back to the old evil days again
Re: DSS Arrests Emeh James Anyalekwa, Igbere TV Blogger; Site Shutdown by iberrylee(m): 7:37am On Oct 15, 2016
And the Igbos will say they want to be leaders of tomorrow with this your comments on nairaland I can see that your flatthead generation is doomed, even western country do this more often you moronsz
Re: DSS Arrests Emeh James Anyalekwa, Igbere TV Blogger; Site Shutdown by mikeweezy(m): 7:40am On Oct 15, 2016
I wil always thankgod for not voting buhari

2 Likes

Re: DSS Arrests Emeh James Anyalekwa, Igbere TV Blogger; Site Shutdown by Sheggy13(m): 7:42am On Oct 15, 2016
ArodewilliamsT:
'Journalists they are coming for you next'~ Mike Ozekohme (SAN). May the tyrant continue to arrest and Kill people for speaking out. I'm still waiting for him to go arrest the owners of Jewish-owned IBTimesUK newsite in london.
IgbereTV news will be back up soon. The owner is not a cowardly yoruba Afonja.
You're simply senseless. Which of your cowardly politicians have been as openly critical of this government like the Afonjas Fayose, Fani Kayode and Femi Aribisala or even Afonja-owned Sahara Reporters? You just comment without reasoning to gain cheap likes from simpletons like you.
PS: As for any idiotic mod that'll wanna ban me and leave this guy for insulting my tribe, well I'll leave you to your folly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Arrests Emeh James Anyalekwa, Igbere TV Blogger; Site Shutdown by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:44am On Oct 15, 2016
ANOTHER PERSON ABOUT TO BE MADE POPULAR. IT IS VERY EASY TO BECOME POPULAR LIKE MANDELA IN THIS REGIME. WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO IS TO SET-UP A BLOG OR TV STATION OR RADIO STATION AND BEGIN TO JUMP UP AND DOWN CRITICIZING THE GOVERNMENT. THOSE WHO DONT KNOW YOU WILL KNOW YOU E

2 Likes

Re: DSS Arrests Emeh James Anyalekwa, Igbere TV Blogger; Site Shutdown by ehissi(m): 7:44am On Oct 15, 2016
Bugatie:
When will DSS arrest Aisha for anti Buhari comments

When Buhari officially bans her from the other room...........angry
Re: DSS Arrests Emeh James Anyalekwa, Igbere TV Blogger; Site Shutdown by HomeOfMe(f): 8:07am On Oct 15, 2016
Bugatie:
When will DSS arrest Aisha for anti Buhari comments
Re: DSS Arrests Emeh James Anyalekwa, Igbere TV Blogger; Site Shutdown by Elebiju: 8:07am On Oct 15, 2016
ArodewilliamsT:
'Journalists they are coming for you next'~ Mike Ozekohme (SAN). May the tyrant continue to arrest and Kill people for speaking out. I'm still waiting for him to go arrest the owners of Jewish-owned IBTimesUK newsite in london.
Nairaland is next and they won't shut us down but they will pick members for their senseless comments and you will surprised they know much about you. Afonja descendants are the ilorin people and they aren't yoruba.

1 Like

Re: DSS Arrests Emeh James Anyalekwa, Igbere TV Blogger; Site Shutdown by HomeOfMe(f): 8:10am On Oct 15, 2016
Blessynokoro:
BREAKING: DSS Arrests Igbere TV Blogger, Anyalekwa for Criticizing Buhari; Site Shutdown

I have just been reliably informed that the Director of the popular News blog, IGBERE TV (IGBERETVNEWS.COM), Emeh James Anyalekwa has just been arrested by people suspected to be agents of DSS over allegations of anti Buhari publications.

Seven men in two Hilux Jeeps early this morning at about 6.00am stormed the Uyo residence of the blogger and whisked him away in the presence of his wife and little daughter without disclosing the reason for his arrest and their destination.

The men took away his Laptops, his phones, his wife’s phones and every digital device in sight after ransacking their apartment.

Though the DSS has not confirmed his arrest, a source in DSS office Uyo said that the Presidency is not happy with Anyalekwa over IGBERE TV’s persistent pro Biafra publications. He was also wanted for questioning over what he called "some sensitive anti Buhari publications" recently.

The source also revealed that Anyalekwa was first taken to an unknown location in Uyo before immediately being transferred to Abuja.

Anyalekwa’s fast rising blog, (IGBERETVNEWS.COM), launched about a year ago has been attacked and shutdown severally by people suspected to be agents of the federal government over his persistent pro Biafra reports.

Just last Friday, The blog was shutdown by his host without any reason. On Tuesday 11th October, the site was restored after he changed his host, but surprisingly, it was shutdown again by the new host the following day (less than 48 hours later) without any concrete reason. The site is still down as at the time of this report as his engineers are reportedly battling round the clock to restore the site back online.

I hereby call on Buhari and his DSS people to immediately release Anyalekwa. The last time I checked, we‘re still in a democracy. If they have anything against the Blogger, the right thing to do is to charge him to court. Buhari should stop all these human rights violations before it’s too late.

Blessing Okoro
Society for Human Rights Defenders

http://www.abiafactsnews.com/breakingnews-dss-arrests-igbere-tv-editor-in-chief-shuts-down-site/
This is worse than idi amin and adolf hitler's administration is people are no longer free to air their views and express themselves. Jonathan got the worst criticism from the media and Nigerians,but did he jail any of them..
Re: DSS Arrests Emeh James Anyalekwa, Igbere TV Blogger; Site Shutdown by Bizibi(m): 8:10am On Oct 15, 2016
obailala:
So because you think someone lied against GEJ in the past, so therefore that's a justification for everyone to support full frontal false garbage being churned out everyday by several political vendetta driven blogs that have sprung up everywhere?
na una be our problem..... you supported those people publishing rubbish then,now u are singing a different song.....I pray they come after people like omojuwa and co.

1 Like

Re: DSS Arrests Emeh James Anyalekwa, Igbere TV Blogger; Site Shutdown by salis123(m): 8:17am On Oct 15, 2016
Let him go and join his Biafra Broda in Jail, most of the post or publication of that guy are against the Nigerian state and govt. Buhari thank u 4 sanitizing the country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Arrests Emeh James Anyalekwa, Igbere TV Blogger; Site Shutdown by ikaboy: 8:21am On Oct 15, 2016
ArodewilliamsT:

U call that idiot a journalist? People like will call the chemist man a doctor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DSS Arrests Emeh James Anyalekwa, Igbere TV Blogger; Site Shutdown by Orikinla(m): 8:23am On Oct 15, 2016
obailala:
Good Riddance!
Re: DSS Arrests Emeh James Anyalekwa, Igbere TV Blogger; Site Shutdown by OMAR12: 8:24am On Oct 15, 2016
federal banana republic of Nigeria I hail thee..
Re: DSS Arrests Emeh James Anyalekwa, Igbere TV Blogger; Site Shutdown by Orikinla(m): 8:26am On Oct 15, 2016
TOPCRUISE:
ANOTHER PERSON ABOUT TO BE MADE POPULAR. IT IS VERY EASY TO BECOME POPULAR LIKE MANDELA IN THIS REGIME. WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO IS TO SET-UP A BLOG OR TV STATION OR RADIO STATION AND BEGIN TO JUMP UP AND DOWN CRITICIZING THE GOVERNMENT. THOSE WHO DONT KNOW YOU WILL KNOW YOU E
Seriously, which one is Igbere TV or what? grin
Fast rising?
Where?
In Igbere?

1 Like

Re: DSS Arrests Emeh James Anyalekwa, Igbere TV Blogger; Site Shutdown by Proffdada: 8:28am On Oct 15, 2016
It's simple, when journalism is handled by an amateur bigot, he'll only be committing treason, same applies here on Nairaland . if you want to present news to the public, you have to Speak from all sides.
Re: DSS Arrests Emeh James Anyalekwa, Igbere TV Blogger; Site Shutdown by Kgdavid(m): 8:32am On Oct 15, 2016
Blessynokoro:

Nigeria is becoming a Benana republic under Buhari

It's Banana Republic. And do you even know what the term actually means??
Re: DSS Arrests Emeh James Anyalekwa, Igbere TV Blogger; Site Shutdown by saoban9: 8:36am On Oct 15, 2016
IgbereTV news will be back up soon. The owner is not a cowardly yoruba Afonja. You are pathetic

1 Like

Re: DSS Arrests Emeh James Anyalekwa, Igbere TV Blogger; Site Shutdown by OMAR12: 8:36am On Oct 15, 2016
oldninja:
Two things :1) it's either you're for or against the unity in diversity of this country.
2). It's either you're for or against the fight against corruption in this country.

You shouldn't expect the same modus operandi every other government had employed in the past yet without positive results.
I and I think people like me voted in Buhari for bold actions like this. Obviously he's not even thinking of the next presidential election nor does he care if his life is at stake.

Except you are or sympathise with ipob or are pro biafra or the division of this country, you shouldn't but see the wrong in what this guy does on his blog. If kanu is arrested why not this guy? We should preach peace and togetherness rather than defection and blood bath.[color=#006600]
[/color]
bros is it by force, some people said they are tired and want to leave, Nigeria and Nigerians has said it that they have no use for them and they are the ones bring shame their country, why don't u do the needful, conduct a ref, to see if the said people wants to stay or not. Igbo is just one out of the 250+ ethnic groups in the country, if the leave, u will still have ur unity in diversity.

1 Like

Re: DSS Arrests Emeh James Anyalekwa, Igbere TV Blogger; Site Shutdown by Proffdada: 8:36am On Oct 15, 2016
oldninja:
Two things :1) it's either you're for or against the unity in diversity of this country.
2). It's either you're for or against the fight against corruption in this country.

You shouldn't expect the same modus operandi every other government had employed in the past yet without positive results.
I and I think people like me voted in Buhari for bold actions like this. Obviously he's not even thinking of the next presidential election nor does he care if his life is at stake.

Except you are or sympathise with ipob or are pro biafra or the division of this country, you shouldn't but see the wrong in what this guy does on his blog. If kanu is arrested why not this guy? We should preach peace and togetherness rather than defection and blood bath.[color=#006600]
[/color]

Re: DSS Arrests Emeh James Anyalekwa, Igbere TV Blogger; Site Shutdown by zeusdgrt(m): 8:39am On Oct 15, 2016
obailala:
Such a thing cannot get to me because I would never descend into the shameless pit of churning out falsehood and propaganda per-second per-second in order to distort public opinion and deceive gullible folks into following my political ideology. I advise you to visit IgbereTV site to behold the putrid nonsense they churn out as fact everyday; it's because of such stinking blogs that one would be tempted to support the social media bill. Once again, good riddance!

You are a certifIed curse to your family generation and lineage.
Re: DSS Arrests Emeh James Anyalekwa, Igbere TV Blogger; Site Shutdown by Proffdada: 8:43am On Oct 15, 2016
OMAR12:
bros is it by force, some people said they are tired and want to leave, Nigeria and Nigerians has said it that they have no use for them and they are the ones bring shame their country, why don't u do the needful, conduct a ref, to see if the said people wants to stay or not. Igbo is just one out of the 250+ ethnic groups in the country, if the leave, u will still have ur unity in diversity.
and what positive move has been made other than to slander the same country they spend their currency , do business, enjoy the benefits and get security from other countries from. If Any certain group of miscreants wanna go Rogue let them do it independently and not become a nuisance
Re: DSS Arrests Emeh James Anyalekwa, Igbere TV Blogger; Site Shutdown by Wizteaser: 8:43am On Oct 15, 2016
What do you expect from a man that owns this certificate.

Re: DSS Arrests Emeh James Anyalekwa, Igbere TV Blogger; Site Shutdown by wiseoneking: 8:49am On Oct 15, 2016
obailala:
Another Coward on the prowl.
Re: DSS Arrests Emeh James Anyalekwa, Igbere TV Blogger; Site Shutdown by asarebabson: 8:50am On Oct 15, 2016
EternalTruths:
After Judges it is now Journalists

Hope they won't come for us on Nairaland

Dunkem21 undecided
I can't just stop lafing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DSS Arrests Emeh James Anyalekwa, Igbere TV Blogger; Site Shutdown by OMAR12: 8:52am On Oct 15, 2016
Proffdada:
and what positive move has been made other than to slander the same country they spend their currency , do business, enjoy the benefits and get security from other countries from. If Any certain group of miscreants wanna go Rogue let them do it independently and not become a nuisance
so they will have to praise Nigeria just because they want to break away from the country bah..look around u,yes look around u the earlier u realize that in this same country yo trying so hard to defend the government doesn't give a hoot about u and yo so tied up and u can't even make a sound, the better. the said man in question has another belief which is not Nigeria and he will do everything possible to promote it.

1 Like

Re: DSS Arrests Emeh James Anyalekwa, Igbere TV Blogger; Site Shutdown by Rolings: 8:57am On Oct 15, 2016
ArodewilliamsT:

And you fool decide to spew all you anti Yoruba rants using a YORUBA owned website NAIRALAND. You guys have been warned several times to promote your PRO IPOB , ANTI GOVERNMENT activities somewhere else . As far as you have the right to air your opinion we also reserve the right to be ANTI IPOB, PRO GOVERNMENT.
Last year after your loss of election I alongside other Yoruba patriots had begged you to leave nairaland alone in your PRO IPOB and anti government activities yet you all have refused to listen. Stop all this rubbish henceforth or the ewar on nairaland will start again.

NAIRALAND SAY NO TO SECESSION

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Soldier Murtala Danjuma Abdulsalam's Birthday Celebrated By Communities (Photos) / Olusegun Obasanjo Celebrates His 86th Birthday / Judiciary May Treat Tinubu Better Than INEC Did. Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.