Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,727 members, 7,805,977 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:36 AM

What Is The Difference Between These Number Plates? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is The Difference Between These Number Plates? (3346 Views)

50 Awkward Customized Number Plates Spotted On The Road / 4 Car Number Plates We Have Used In Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference Between These Number Plates? by Lovelynature(m): 9:19am On Oct 14, 2016
Some number plates start with three alphabets and end with two, while some start with two and end with three alphabets. Is there any difference between these number plates? Please don't laugh, I'm just learning about cars

Re: What Is The Difference Between These Number Plates? by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 14, 2016
I think you should rather start from how the car functions, learn to know the necessary parts,car models an manufacturers and also how to drive one.

Number plates have been changed a couple of times in nigeria,am wandering why your jus noticing that.
The recent one wit the map of Nigeria on it has the owners data on it and can easily be traced to the owner.
Re: What Is The Difference Between These Number Plates? by Lovelynature(m): 9:58am On Oct 14, 2016
donkilidon:
I think you should rather start from how the car functions, learn to know the necessary parts,car models an manufacturers and also how to drive one.

Number plates have been changed a couple of times in nigeria,am wandering why your jus noticing that.
The recent one wit the map of Nigeria on it has the owners data on it and can easily be traced to the owner.
Thank you sir. I'm about to buy a used one that doesn't have the map on its number plate. Should I change the plate number after purchasing the car?
Re: What Is The Difference Between These Number Plates? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Oct 14, 2016
Lovelynature:
Thank you sir. I'm about to buy a used one that doesn't have the map on its number plate. Should I change the plate number after purchasing the car?

There was formally a dead line for cars with the old number plate,buh am not sure if that's still enforced. Buh as soon as you can it's bera to have the new number plate.have you had a mechanic check the car your buying properly?
Re: What Is The Difference Between These Number Plates? by Lovelynature(m): 2:40pm On Oct 14, 2016
donkilidon:

There was formally a dead line for cars with the old number plate,buh am not sure if that's still enforced. Buh as soon as you can it's bera to have the new number plate.have you had a mechanic check the car your buying properly?
I will be going there with mechanic next week. Please, should I pay before the change the change of name? Again can I get the new number plate same day I apply? And like how much does it cost? Sorry for much questions sir
Re: What Is The Difference Between These Number Plates? by pattybf(f): 9:58pm On Oct 14, 2016
Lovelynature:
I will be going there with mechanic next week. Please, should I pay before the change the change of name? Again can I get the new number plate same day I apply? And like how much does it cost? Sorry for much questions sir

once purchased, u will be needing to do a change of ownership/replacement, for d old no plate. it is not a day's job. ur budget should be 40k, hoping d vehicle license is up to date!
Re: What Is The Difference Between These Number Plates? by Lovelynature(m): 10:54pm On Oct 14, 2016
pattybf:

once purchased, u will be needing to do a change of ownership/replacement, for d old no plate. it is not a day's job. ur budget should be 40k, hoping d vehicle license is up to date!
Wow! This is quite helpful - the new number plate will be done along with change of ownership that costs around 40k. Thanks a lot dear. Do you have idea how long it may take? What if the seller comes to claim the car within the awaiting time?
Re: What Is The Difference Between These Number Plates? by pattybf(f): 6:50am On Oct 15, 2016
Lovelynature:
Wow! This is quite helpful - the new number plate will be done along with change of ownership that costs around 40k. Thanks a lot dear. Do you have idea how long it may take? What if the seller comes to claim the car within the awaiting time?

I give 2weeks duration for such job. why would d seller claim back d car he has already sold to u? besides, he would ve issued u a purchase receipt n transfer of ownership letter, together wt all d vehicle documents n d no plate in this case. the no plate will be returned to d govt before a new one can be issued.
Re: What Is The Difference Between These Number Plates? by Lovelynature(m): 9:58am On Oct 15, 2016
pattybf:

I give 2weeks duration for such job. why would d seller claim back d car he has already sold to u? besides, he would ve issued u a purchase receipt n transfer of ownership letter, together wt all d vehicle documents n d no plate in this case. the no plate will be returned to d govt before a new one can be issued.
Thank you so much dear. I'm grateful
Re: What Is The Difference Between These Number Plates? by pattybf(f): 11:03am On Oct 15, 2016
Lovelynature:
Thank you so much dear. I'm grateful

my pleasure!

(1) (Reply)

Neat Honda Accord (Evil Spirit) 09 / Nigeria Car Manufacturer Innoson Official Website. / Pictures And Updates From The Paris Auto Show (oct 2 - Oct 17)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.