Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,117 members, 7,807,370 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:49 PM

Hearts In Ashes - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Hearts In Ashes (178563 Views)

Mended Hearts / Analysing Dialogue In Red Ashes By Chumzypinky / Red Ashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 10:31am On Oct 14, 2016
Copyright ©2016 by Kelly Chikezie

All the characters in this book have no existence outside the imagination of the author, and have no relation whatsoever to anyone bearing the same name or names. They are not even distantly inspired by any individual known or unknown to the author, and all the incidents are pure invention.

All Rights Reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. The text of this publication or any part thereof may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, storage in an information retrieval system, or otherwise, without the written permission of the author.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hearts In Ashes by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:33am On Oct 14, 2016
FTC!! (sits on VVIP chair)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 14, 2016
Story synopsis:

Daily updates until the end of the story. In a case where I can't keep up with the committment, I'll make up with more chapters wink

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 10:37am On Oct 14, 2016
JeffreyJamez:
FTC!! (sits on VVIP chair)

Welcome hon kiss
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 14, 2016
Prologue

"In everything, I think the occasion didn’t turn out to be a disaster."

His wife's comment caused Tunji Afolabi to snort with disdain. "The rice was overcooked, it tasted like a puddle, and the air conditioner worked at half capacity. I thought I would melt inside that black suit."

"Well, you wouldn't have been happy with the dinner no matter what. You were determined to be a grouch about it."

"How could I not when your father kept reminding his guests that I'm still a 'struggling' architect."

"Daddy was only trying to get you some connections with his rich friends. We both know you need them." She stood behind him in the room, her slightly swollen stomach very obvious in the satin nighties she wore.

Tunji glared at her from the mirror. "I don't need or want your father's connections, I can work to get mine. I am not a gold digger!"

Feyi was incredulous, "nobody said you are, you're just jumping into conclusions. I don't see anything wrong with what daddy did."

"Of course not, I didn’t expect you to see anything wrong with daddy’s actions,” he bit back sarcastically.

Feyi’s voice was dangerously low, “and what do you mean by that Tunji Afolabi?”

“Oh, excuse me? Did it offend you that I just stated the obvious?”

“Oh please, spare me the theatrics and grow up,” she said rolling her eyes.

“Coming from the eternal daddy’s girl, that must be something. Now tell me honey, since you’re so grown up, what does living in your parents house make us? Adults?” he flung at her and at the shake of her head, continued. “I didn’t think so either.”

“So now its my fault we’re still in my parents house after marriage? The last I checked, you didn’t think it was a bad idea a few months ago when I told you I was pregnant and you didn’t have an apartment not to talk of the money to take care of our baby. My parents didn’t seem like supervillains to you then.”

“That was when I never planned in my wildest dreams that you wouldn’t take precaution against getting pregnant for me even as the only place we had sex was a sleazy motel room.”

“Yes, blame it all on me, I’m the Eve that walked into your life and destroyed your dreams and life ambition. But if staying single was so enticing for you that you couldn’t risk conceiving a child in those sleazy motel rooms as you call them, why didn’t you wear a condom? Huh?”

“I don’t believe this, I don’t believe you!” he said exasperated as he unknotted his tie and hastily unbuttoned his shirt.

“I don’t believe you either!” Feyi spat trying so hard not to cry, “we’re expecting this baby in four months time and you stand there, wishing it didn’t exist just because of your stupid dreams!” she cried.

He stopped the jerking motions of removing his clothes immediately and looked at his wife who had sank to the edge of the bed, crying. “Fey, I…”

“Forget it! And just so you know, I wish I didn’t saddle you with this responsibility too, I wish I’d gone through with an abortion like my mother suggested.”

Tunji felt as if her words had flayed his flesh. “Of course, its always been about you and your parents, about your precious place in your family as the apple of your father’s eye. The one they couldn’t believe would end up pregnant or even married to a loser like me.”

Feyi simmered for several seconds, her cheeks glistening with tears. "You've been trying to provoke me all evening, and you've finally succeeded.”

She stood up from the edge of the bed and peeled the duvet furiously. She slid on the cool bed, covered herself with the duvet and yanked on the small chain on the nightstand lamp, plunging the bedroom into darkness.

Tunji Afolabi was not a man who suffered emotional excesses. In fact, he prided himself on his cold, calm businesslike approach to most facets of his life. But as he undressed in the darkness, there was nothing calm or businesslike about what how he was feeling.

A soft curse broke free from his throat as the pale frail image of Feyi sobbing wafted in his head. He hadn’t meant to get his temper so out of check as to hurt her. But damn it, he’d felt like lashing out his life frustration on someone, anyone. And she’d been the closest one.

Being street poor was as good an incentive he could come up with for working like a dog to ensure he would never be poor again, he pondered bleakly. And without the good fortune of an accidental meeting with Feyi, he would probably still be down there, living that same hand-to-mouth existence, he tagged on with a stark honesty that made him grimace. He met Feyi, a final year student of Accounting when he was serving his motherland and loved her almost instantly. They dated for a couple of months before Feyi got pregnant and he'd wanted to take up his responsibility.

Only problem was, Otunba Gbenga and Mrs Cole, felt he wasn't good enough for their only daughter. They couldn't stand the scandal of a bastard in the family so they had organized and paid for a lavish wedding in their honor. But if he'd thought that would be their only intrusion in their young marriage, he was in for a rude awakening.

For close to four months her parents had been sleeping between him and Feyi, in a manner of speaking. It never felt as stark as her going to bed in anger because of an argument caused by her parents, again.

Feeling guilty for that intrusion now, Tunji stripped off his clothes and wore his pajamas. He joined Feyi in bed and placed his hand on her shoulder. "I'm sorry for carrying out my frustration on you Fey. You deserve so much better that I feel I'm falling short."

Feyi sighed and turned after a spell, "you're not TJ. You're putting in so much effort to provide for us and I really appreciate it."

Tunji didn't seem satisfied, "if only we could go away, move far from your parents and start over someplace else, maybe we'd be better off."

Feyi kept mute, she didn't have an appropriate reply to that.

Feyi was sobbing in bed when he rushed into the room as one that was demon possessed. He didn’t remember to greet the maid downstairs as he rushed into the house and took the stairs two at a time. He couldn’t recall how he got home because he’d driven in a haze, he could only remember his car tires screeching as he parked hastily in the garage and ran out. He wasn’t sure he had even locked his doors too. But suddenly he was in the suite that was his and Feyi’s in her parents home. He stooped to her face level and took her wet cheeks in his palms.

“I came as soon as I heard Fey, I’m so sorry.”

She threw her arms around him and cried harder, “its all my fault, I wished ill luck on my baby, I’ve said so many negative things. Oh my God, I’m a bloody murderer!” she said hysterically.

“No you’re not Fey, you loved the baby as much as every mother should, it wasn’t your fault.” He pulled away her wet face from his shoulder and cupped it in his palm tenderly, “this changes nothing between us Fey, I love you very much still.”

She smiled at him sadly through her tears, “I love you too Tunji, I’ve never loved any man as I love you.”

Something new charged up the atmosphere. It began with a small flicker of her long eyelashes as he dropped his gaze to her mouth. He wanted to kiss her. Tunji knew it with an instinct older than time itself. His heart stopped beating, then started up again at a faster pace because—by God, he wanted to so much. It was crazy, he just lost his baby in a miscarriage but his lower body ached for the woman that was his wife, one who was grieving but looked impossibly sexy at the same time.

He knew he was going to do it. He knew he just couldn’t hold back. She was beautiful, a warm, soft, achingly desirable creature with passion in her eyes and on her softly pulsing mouth.

Sliding his fingers into her hair, he stroked a fingertip along the smoothness of her extended throat. Her brown eyes deepened to black and her lips parted. He felt the growing rush of her blood flow into his own. She moved even closer, a willing recipient of what was about to happen. Feeling like a man controlled by a magnet, Tunji kept totally still as she brought her mouth closer and closer to his.

He groaned and crushed his mouth on hers, feasting hungrily. Four months of being married to her hadn’t cured him of the raw need that pulsated through his veins. To be with her, to have nothing but their skin between them. Feyi felt the same way as she deepened the kiss nibbling furiously like one demon possessed and pushing him to the limits of control.

He pulled back from her, “Fey, we can’t…”

Her dark eyes whirled in pools of confusion and told him she was aroused too, “you don’t want me anymore?”

“Its not that Fey, its just that, we just lost a child and it would seem inappropriate…”

“I don’t want to feel the emptiness TJ,” she pleaded, “I want to have you inside me, I want to feel you. I want to make love to you.”

The words felt like music to his ears and he saw the stark pain in her eyes, he felt fiercely possessive of her at that moment. He would do all he could to protect the woman he loved from pain, he thought and claimed her lips once again.

Afterwards when they were fully sated in each other’s arms and the glow had returned to her face, he cupped her sleepy face in his palms.

“Let’s go away Fey,” he said on an impulse. “Lets move away to another city and start over, just the two of us.”

She shifted away her eyes from him and indecision marred her features, “Why Tunji? We’re happy here.”

“You are happy, I’m not,” he said letting go of her face and rolling away from her. “I’ll never be happy until I can take care of my wife like a man should and shoulder my responsibilities under my own roof too.”

Feyi sat up from the bed she’d been lying on, holding the sheets to cover her naked body. “Tunji, there’s no haste in doing that, we’re comfortable here. In the city where my parents live. Close to home.”

He looked at her sadly from the other side of the bed. “The only person I see comfortable here is you. I cant do this anymore and I’m only telling you to come with me because I’m going to leave, anyway.”

Tbc
Like, share and comment

52 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 10:40am On Oct 14, 2016
Colik doveda thesociopath peachyp thandobaby iamlukas fidelismaria smokeydrinkey johnsown1 nmaglit ucnwafor jurist21 evakinqz lumzybo ogboni76 kaecyy gracito blessedbabe19 jay542 mxplosvtoluene jtmanager agromuda queenxstar percentile niwdog eitsei pablobellins fijumokesayo blazinglive princessadeola soulminister

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 10:42am On Oct 14, 2016
cool
Re: Hearts In Ashes by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:58am On Oct 14, 2016
skarlett:

Welcome hon kiss

Danke! grin kiss

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by mhisbliss(f): 11:00am On Oct 14, 2016
ho my gawd cheesy grin chai aunty skarlett am here, with full speed jisos, someone get me popcorn asap

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Omakraid(f): 11:03am On Oct 14, 2016
I don land gididgba
Re: Hearts In Ashes by niffyluv(f): 11:08am On Oct 14, 2016
smileynice story smileynice story

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 11:12am On Oct 14, 2016
skarlett:
Story synopsis:

Feyi and Tunji after losing a child, getting seperated and eventually filling for divorce, learn the hard way what for better for worse really means.

Daily updates until the end of the story. In a case when I can't keep up with the committment, I'll make up with more chapters wink
I refuse to miss this one...mhisbliss ehhh!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 11:13am On Oct 14, 2016
mhisbliss:
ho my gawd cheesy grin chai aunty skarlett am here, with full speed jisos, someone get me popcorn asap
You cannoh call someone. Stingy gal.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 14, 2016
MzLarem:
I refuse to miss this one...mhisbl iss ehhh!

Welcome dear

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by mhisbliss(f): 11:18am On Oct 14, 2016
MzLarem:
You cannoh call someone. Stingy gal.
kikikiki am just coming o, i want to read quickly and spoil it for you cool
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 14, 2016
mhisbliss:
kikikiki am just coming o, i want to read quickly and spoil it for you cool
High sea undecided
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 14, 2016
Thanks for the cover Jeffreyjamez kiss

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Hearts In Ashes by dominique(f): 11:29am On Oct 14, 2016
Nice one

2 Likes

Re: Hearts In Ashes by mhisbliss(f): 11:30am On Oct 14, 2016
MzLarem:
High sea undecided
grin no vex

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Laveda(f): 11:58am On Oct 14, 2016
smiley
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Missmossy(f): 12:07pm On Oct 14, 2016
You didn't invite me skarlett sad

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 14, 2016
Missmossy:
You didn't invite me skarl ett sad

I'm sorry dear, please don't be angry
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Twaci(f): 12:15pm On Oct 14, 2016
I dey gidigbam for here angry

This land is not for sale! angry

Skarlett honey cheesy, thanks for the mention kiss

2 Likes

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 14, 2016
Twaci:
I dey gidigbam for here angry

This land is not for sale! angry

Skarl ett honey cheesy, thanks for the mention kiss

You're welcome dear kiss
Re: Hearts In Ashes by bibijay123(f): 1:07pm On Oct 14, 2016
Captivating intro, i am hooked already. Thank you bae wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 2:12pm On Oct 14, 2016
The prologue caught my attention....this is going to be interesting....lemme park here.....cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 14, 2016
skarlett:

You didn't mention me cry cry
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Missmossy(f): 2:27pm On Oct 14, 2016
skarlett:

I'm not dear, its okay smiley i enjoy your stories a lot. Do continue the good work. More wisdom to you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 2:38pm On Oct 14, 2016
suzan404:
You didn't mention me cry cry

Awwwwn, oya don't worry I will in the next update wink
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 2:56pm On Oct 14, 2016
skarlett:

Awwwwn, oya don't worry I will in the next update wink
Alright Hun smiley

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by frankcris(m): 3:06pm On Oct 14, 2016
skarlett:
Roll call:
Bibijay123
Swann
Mhisbliss
Laveda
Twaci
Adeh39
Jagugu88li
Olabantu
Lumzybo
Shilox
Ritababe
Khutie
Mhiz
Oyay
Ps2
Neenie
Queentrippleb
Olanshile2016
Johnwizey
Dominique
Tamedwolf90
Frankcris
Rosalieene
Omakraid

thanks for the mention

haven't gotten over secrets and scandals, here you are with another enticing one

in tekno's voice "I dey follow you"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by kristalblaze(m): 3:07pm On Oct 14, 2016
this should be interesting

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply)

Ogechi & I / The Sugar Mum [An Inspirational Story of Love] / Continuation Of My Madam And I(from Family Group And Sexuality).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.