|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,401,684 members, 5,373,199 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 January 2020 at 12:04 AM
|How I Got Scammed By A Nairalander On Telegram by iamawara(m): 10:58am On Oct 14, 2016|
Hello good morning my fellow NL Members. I want to share with you how I got duped by an qwerk on telegram.
He goes by the name Ideman Idleman on telegram. I was trying to buy Bitcoin so that I will participate in the just concluded scam called "Lara" I was seriously looking for where I can buy Bitcoin online but due to so many steps and time needed for account verification I just said let me get some Bitcoin from guys around. This guy called iddleman told me he has some coins to sell... We agreed on N500/$ . After some series of chat i agreed to send him money to his Access bank account. So I was having difficulties transferring money from my access bank Account to his own, so the guy requestd me to sen him N20k recharge card, he has a website that will change the N20k recharge card to real cash. To cut the story short........ This scammer appears to be a nairalander with us. He has a website called truexgold .you can check the pictures attached. He was trying to play sharp, so he sent me his 2nd airtel line, I called him to tell him that I will be sending the Mtn recharge card, when we were talking he ended the call oni called his main official phone number which I saw on his Instagram account and he forgot and picked the call so we finished negotiations. This scammer is no one but
Name: IKENNA OGBARAEGBE
ACCESS BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER: 0696910681
Phone number: 07036310203, official number 08022589434, 08122627759
Please take this to the front page so that others will not fall for this pls
Eremy, Debbie,Samakus, Danieloy4, Laurelp, Davide470, lalastical, Seun
|Re: How I Got Scammed By A Nairalander On Telegram by ammyluv2002(f): 11:06am On Oct 14, 2016|
Hmmmm....pele dear! I pray you get your money back
|Re: How I Got Scammed By A Nairalander On Telegram by finalboss1(m): 11:10am On Oct 14, 2016|
oga o this trust issue ehn...am nt sure anybody cn scam me o...trust nobody.... trust yourself ,20k jus weez like tat
|Re: How I Got Scammed By A Nairalander On Telegram by iamawara(m): 11:24am On Oct 21, 2016|
Be careful with this fake exchanger
|Re: How I Got Scammed By A Nairalander On Telegram by iamawara(m): 11:28am On Oct 21, 2016|
After all the drama he switched off all his phone numbers including his official airtel number after he noticed I already knew the owner of the two phone numbers
|Re: How I Got Scammed By A Nairalander On Telegram by iamawara(m): 11:34am On Oct 21, 2016|
He scamed a lot of People online
|Re: How I Got Scammed By A Nairalander On Telegram by iamawara(m): 11:43am On Oct 21, 2016|
Run away from him guys.
|Re: How I Got Scammed By A Nairalander On Telegram by TruexGOLD(m): 7:13pm On Jul 15, 2017|
My attention was drawn to this thread by one of the mods at Business section. And I will love to RESPOND by saying:
1. I do not have any account on Telegram (Not now and not anytime in the past, anyone who cares can make his/her research) Infact it was through this post that I got to know that there is a messaging app called Telegram. So OP was definitely interacting with a scammer masquerading with my identity.
2. I have never used "Idlemann" as a username in any of my social media accounts i.e. IG, Twitter, FB, YAHOO, GMAIL, SKYPE or WHATSAPP. Those who know me very are FREE to counter this statement.
3. I have done my own detailed google search and found out that it was stated somewhere on NAIRALAND exactly at https://www.nairaland.com/3190496/currency-e-currency-market-deals/1258 that this same scammer operates with some other usernames like vicfabn, ayimduj, Idlemann, pals I can authoritatively tell you that non of these usernames belong to me nor any of my staff.
4. We DO NOT have any website that convert AIRTIME to money and we do not accept airtime as a means of payment at TruexGOLD, not now not any time in the past.
5. The phone no that the 15K AIRTIME was sent to does not belong to us. Also with the help of wayback machine as found exactly at https://web.archive.org/web/20161023185703/http://truexgold.com:80/support.htm (see screenshots) it is clear there that our contact no then are 07037897627 and 08022589434. So the 07036310203 that the airtime was sent to does not belong to us.
6. Apart from fellow exchangers, 99.9% of our transactions are handled via our website, even when you contact us through BBM, SKYPE, FB, WHATSAPP or TWITTER, we will still direct you to complete your transaction through our official website.
7. The Access Bank account no quoted is actually my account no, but observe that OP never made payment to this account as he stated he was having issues transferring and opted for AIRTIME. So its clear that scammer intentionally wanted to use my account to defraud the OP maybe later, he could come to me (perhaps via my website) to claim that he made a payment into my account so that his BTC account can be credited, but I guess things worked even better for the SCAMMER when OP opted for AIRTIME. (So OP was scammed without the stress of the scammer coming back to us to claim payment in exchange for any of our products). We surely would have detected that anyway.
Finally, I advice all NL to be careful in their daily dealings. You can check our support pages for all our official social media contacts. TruexGOLD is far too BIG for this kind of cheap scam.
I therefore call on the mods to first and foremost delete 08022589434 from there scam list as we have never defrauded anyone in our company and can never do so, even the last issue we had with neteller where some of you were involved was still resolved amicably with all affected receiving their refunds. And secondly delete this thread with NO further delay as such is an INSULT to my personality and TruexGOLD at large. We may take legal actions if this thread is not deleted within 36 hours from now, it is overdue to do so . . . too bad we never saw this all this while.
I shall conclude by stating that OP did not take proper steps to confirm the identity of who he was chatting with on Telegram. That you meet someone and he tells you his name is SEUN and that he owns NAIRALAND and then gives SEUN's bank account which most of us advertising here already know does not in any way mean you are actually chatting with NAIRALAND owner especially if the medium of communication is in no way related to SEUN (Same scenario is what transpired between OP and the scammer.) Thanks.
2 Likes 1 Share
|Re: How I Got Scammed By A Nairalander On Telegram by Nobody: 9:04am On Nov 06, 2019|
|Re: How I Got Scammed By A Nairalander On Telegram by IHateNairaland: 5:57pm On Dec 29, 2019|
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81