Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,981 members, 7,806,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:22 AM

Why You Must Travel! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why You Must Travel! (1613 Views)

On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' / If You Must Travel Oversea, Dont Cry If: / 'by Force By Force I Must Travel Abroad' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Must Travel! by walesbanks(m): 9:56am On Oct 21, 2009
I see it as a necessity to educate the wise ones amongst naira landers in respect to all this travel hullabaloo. You don’t have to lose your head over all the terms and acronyms popping up in respect to travels, especially to the UK.
I am stating here with all authority that: It is just a test of your METTLE. The weak intending travelers often give up, while the stubborn ones are the ones that often get the visa.
Once you give up, it is finished. At times, when you read about the various means the embassies are employing to tackle intending travelers, you will get scared. What intending travelers need to do is to develop their resilient ability. Whenever embassies come with new ways of tracking-down applicants, applicants too should device a better way of combating the embassy. They are not wiser than us.
I am not an advocate of fake documents but if you consider the state of the country’s economy, you will know sincerely that people will be tempted to seek greener pastures.

It is better for someone to be a slave in another man’s country and have your 3-square meal than to be in your country and don’t even have the idea of where to get money to buy a cup of garri. It is frustrating!
I used to point accusing fingers before, but now I don’t do that again coz I have a better understanding of the state of the nation.
Our leaders are the cause of everything. The good work Governor Fashola is doing now will tell you the level of deep corruption amongst our leaders. This is the yard stick of measurement: Was it not the same allocation that fashola got that the previous governors have been getting? Why didn’t we see their visible effect just like what fashola is doing now? It has gone to private pockets!
Fashola has spent millions of naira(if not billions) on projects so far since he resumed office and we can all see it, only the blind will deny it.

So, this is to tell you how much the previous leaders have been pocketing in the previous years.
And these funds belong to everyone. That is the root of all these sufferings people are now witnessing. No jobs for graduates, no capital to start new businesses etc.

So nairalanders, I am giving you all the backings to travel-out of the country if you wish to.
Go and wash their toilets if you can, do their dirty jobs and HAVE your 3-square meal!
It is better than you sitting down joblessly here and be tempted to steal. I travel often and I can tell you authoritatively that things are better there. No matter how difficult it is, you will still have what to eat, Quote me anywhere!
The dullest people in Nigeria are doing well over there.
Something is wrong with Nigeria!

In summary, if you want to travel out of Nigeria, take your time to study or find out what and what are the requirements, don’t just rush into it. If you rush, you will be refused. I don’t advocate fake documents, but if it can save you, why waiting.
Seek the advice of travel agents, especially the ones that handles visa processing all the time. They know better, not the ones that will be quoting untested theories. It involves practical and you have to be current or updated about new developments.
I am a travel consultant and I can tell you what to do if you care. Wales008@yahoo.com
If you are wise you will sit down and ponder over all these things before you act. Don’t ever point an accusing finger coz you might find yourself doing the same thing. God is the judge of all. Not man.
LET HE THAT THINK HE STANDS TAKE HEED LEST HE FALLS!

SO START THINKING AND GATHER INFORMATION ON WHERE YOU WANT TO GO. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Travel! by justwise(m): 10:21am On Oct 21, 2009
In summary, if you want to travel out of Nigeria, take your time to study or find out what and what are the requirements, don’t just rush into it. If you rush, you will be refused. I don’t advocate fake documents, but if it can save you, why waiting.
Seek the advice of travel agents, especially the ones that handles visa processing all the time. They know better, not the ones that will be quoting untested theories. It involves practical and you have to be current or updated about new developments.
I am a travel consultant and I can tell you what to do if you care. Wales008@yahoo.com
If you are wise you will sit down and ponder over all these things before you act. Don’t ever point an accusing finger coz you might find yourself doing the same thing. God is the judge of all. Not man.
LET HE THAT THINK HE STANDS TAKE HEED LEST HE FALLS!
SO START THINKING AND GATHER INFORMATION ON WHERE YOU WANT TO GO. Cheers!
[quote][/quote].

U are not a fan of fake document and u still encourage pple to get one? What do u know abt traveling abroad and living legally there? When will little minded morons like u stop deceiving urself and other innocent Nigerians? Why are u still in Nigeria? Do u have an idea what those pple with fake documents go through in foreign land?
Re: Why You Must Travel! by walesbanks(m): 10:57am On Oct 21, 2009
Oh! you called me little-minded slowpoke! I think you are not mature in mind and you lack discretion. you have never met me and you dont know whom i am, yet you have the impudence to slight me. I wont say a word. you asked what am i still doing in Nigeria. I go often and i have what i am doing here. I live in stratford beside stratford tube station. i dont think you had ever stepped out of this country, if you had, you will understand what i am trying to say. Learn how to talk and dont discourage people. The wise readers will understand and make good meaning out of my write-up. It's not for you coz you lack discretion.
well, your opinion is welcome!
Re: Why You Must Travel! by justwise(m): 11:02am On Oct 21, 2009
walesbanks:

Oh! you called me little-minded slowpoke! I think you are not mature in mind and you lack discretion. you have never met me and you dont know whom i am, yet you have the impudence to slight me. I wont say a word. you asked what am i still doing in Nigeria. I go often and i have what i am doing here. I live in stratford beside stratford tube station. i dont think you had ever stepped out of this country, if you had, you will understand what i am trying to say. Learn how to talk and dont discourage people. The wise readers will understand and make good meaning out of my write-up. It's not for you coz you lack discretion.
well, your opinion is welcome!

Don't be silly, i know where stratford is, i have been there, a family friend lived there and i'm not new to this traveling thing. If u have any brain cell then i don't think u will ever encourage anybody to use fake document.
Re: Why You Must Travel! by tunnytox(m): 11:57am On Oct 21, 2009
Re: Why You Must Travel!

Travelling is not meant for everyone, in fact to some poeple its counter productive or like a white elephant project,
Re: Why You Must Travel! by suxes2005(m): 12:00pm On Oct 21, 2009
Travelling is not by force. If you travel out does not mean u will become a Millionaire. So I think using FAKE docu is not good aside u might get caught,

SHALOM
Re: Why You Must Travel! by iyeayo(f): 12:37pm On Oct 21, 2009
Please dont get the poster wrong. If I can understand the poster's mind properly, what he is trying to say is that instead of staying in Naija without a job and no hope, its better to find your way out by hook or by crook to get something doing.

I know of a friend that has graduated since 2001 and has not been able to get a degnifying job since then. He has worked as an hotel attendant, a driver, a pure water factory worker, and none of these menial jobs earn him more than N8,000 per month. For God's sake he has a wife and 2 kids. Presently he is frustrated and the last time I spoke with him, he was planning to move to Delta to join some group of men in some dirty deeds (I'll spare you the details).

I believe life could be better for him in the UK even if he is washing toilets, at least he would live a more comfortable life and not dirty deals. I am sure he will soon get killed in Delta state. God help his soul.

Poster I understand your feel, but please dont encourage the use of fake documents especially in a public place like nairaland.
Re: Why You Must Travel! by tunnytox(m): 1:00pm On Oct 21, 2009
iyeayo:

Please dont get the poster wrong. If I can understand the poster's mind properly, what he is trying to say is that instead of staying in Naija without a job and no hope, its better to find your way out by hook or by crook to get something doing.

I know of a friend that has graduated since 2001 and has not been able to get a degnifying job since then. He has worked as an hotel attendant, a driver, a pure water factory worker, and none of these menial jobs earn him more than N8,000 per month. For God's sake he has a wife and 2 kids. Presently he is frustrated and the last time I spoke with him, he was planning to move to Delta to join some group of men in some dirty deeds (I'll spare you the details).

I believe life could be better for him in the UK even if he is washing toilets, at least he would live a more comfortable life and not dirty deals. I am sure he will soon get killed in Delta state. God help his soul.

Poster I understand your feel, but please dont encourage the use of fake documents especially in a public place like nairaland.

sorry for that your friend o, honestly there's nothing bad in travelling out of Nigeria even UK and US citizens are working elsewhere, i'm not against the poster inasmuch he's not encouraging use of fake documents. However, to get the right documents to travel is very expensive either to study or to work, my advise is that ppl should take travelling out as a full time job (not just about paying an agent and closing your eyes), sometimes you may need to prepare for up to 2 years or may before submitting your application. It also involves familiarising yourself with the rules by going on the internet (immigration websites) often to gather info and to ascertain the right category of visa that suit you , if ppl can do these many of them will get the right visa without any trouble (baring in mind that not everybody will be qualified to apply for any categories of visa). the problem however, is that some of these ppl who want to travel can't even fill a form let alone gather info about their proposed journey and only end up being messed up by some agents who are only after their own pockets,

Anyway iyeayo, how is Australia? i must say you get a strong heart to be so far away from Nigeria, Australia to me is like going to heaven. smiley smiley i do hope you are having a great time there, take care
Re: Why You Must Travel! by iyeayo(f): 4:31am On Oct 22, 2009
tunnytox:

Anyway iyeayo, how is Australia? i must say you get a strong heart to be so far away from Nigeria, Australia to me is like going to heaven. smiley smiley i do hope you are having a great time there, take care

I sometimes wonder too. Aussy is so far from Naija abeg. But I console myself with the fact that its a very good country to live in and very family friendly. abi now, we have to just survive my brother!
Re: Why You Must Travel! by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 22, 2009
Re: Why You Must Travel! by K2: 7:34pm On Oct 22, 2009
I agree with Walebanks in a way. If anyone could jet out, by all means do. The politicians have made Nigeria into a big joke. The beer parlor discussions of the Legislathieves shows you that it's every man for himself.
And to piggyback on what Olymk said, not everyone is a fraudster and folks are matured enough to make these decisions for themselves.
Re: Why You Must Travel! by OAM4J: 9:17pm On Oct 22, 2009
olymyk:

justwise to me is a fool, he comment on every articles he sees on travel section negatively,pls just wise this is a forum for God sake and i believe people here are above 18 to know whatsoever is right for them when they see one .why are you replying msgs for people that do not even want you in the first place .pls if you want to open a forum go ahead you will meet stupid people like yourself there that will not make any headway in the forum.in the process of you acting as an hero ,people seal deals and tesimony abounds, dnt spoil this forum for the creator .

If you are not a scammer yourself, and you have seen someone you love scammed, you will appreciate what Justwise is doing. He or any of us never said nobody should travel; many of us including Justwise are oustside the country. But what we are against is people using the platform of Nairaland to scam unsuspecting people.

If Walesbanks trully wants to help people, he should post his information here; he started the thread, so he should post the details. I wonder how he wants to help people with bank accounts and other fake documents. Is he a Bank MD, or CBN Director. Please let us not encourage what is wrong. This is part of the reason outsiders think Nigerians are fraudulent people. Imagine any non-Nigerian reading what many people like Walesbanks posted on a public forum, boasting about being able to help people with bank accounts and fake travel documents, what impression do you think that will give us?
Re: Why You Must Travel! by iyeayo(f): 12:29am On Oct 23, 2009
yeah we shouldn't encourage the promotion of fake documents or illegal deals on these forum. Walesbank, do you understand? oya, go on your knees and say you are sorry. lipsrsealed
Re: Why You Must Travel! by donjon: 9:05am On Oct 23, 2009
Instead of u to stay & develop d country, u rush off 2 wash anoda mans toilet? Very unfortunate!

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Travel! by donjon: 9:09am On Oct 23, 2009
When d british came 2 africa, they didnt come here 2 wash our toilets! They came 2 conquer! Y cant u do d same?
Re: Why You Must Travel! by justwise(m): 2:08pm On Oct 23, 2009
OAM4J:

If you are not a scammer yourself, and you have seen someone you love scammed, you will appreciate what Justwise is doing. He or any of us never said nobody should travel; many of us including Justwise are oustside the country. But what we are against is people using the platform of Nairaland to scam unsuspecting people.
If Walesbanks trully wants to help people, he should post his information here; he started the thread, so he should post the details. I wonder how he wants to help people with bank accounts and other fake documents. Is he a Bank MD, or CBN Director. Please let us not encourage what is wrong. This is part of the reason outsiders think Nigerians are fraudulent people. Imagine any non-Nigerian reading what many people like Walesbanks posted on a public forum, boasting about being able to help people with bank accounts and fake travel documents, what impression do you think that will give us?
I wanted to reply him but after reading from u i changed my mind. Thanks man.
Re: Why You Must Travel! by symbian03(m): 3:49pm On Oct 23, 2009
Oh feel your pain@walebanks but however, travelling abroad with fake documents is only gonna worsen the case. There are alota legit means to travel abroad. Justwise isn't tryna discourage intending travellers but i think he's discouraging fraud. Nairaland is viewed by tons of non nigerians, even the the consulate does that to get the latest tweak which is just what the poster is trying to indulge. Not everybody will travel abroad and this is a matter of choice, Peace
Re: Why You Must Travel! by MrCrackles(m): 5:46pm On Oct 23, 2009
Walesbank
You are an idiot for encouraging the usage of fake travel documents
Re: Why You Must Travel! by Nobody: 12:55pm On Oct 24, 2009
ff..
Re: Why You Must Travel! by dejamos: 8:20pm On Oct 24, 2009
can any one please let me know if one can use HND for post graduates or masters outside nigeria, i mean europe
Re: Why You Must Travel! by MrCrackles(m): 9:47pm On Oct 24, 2009
olymyk:

i still insist just wise and his followers are fools,, lookink at nigerian with more than 150million pple and proberbly its just about 5% that can afford 3 square meal a day and i believ just wise is one of the 5% so when he talk trash about original bank acct you will agree with me that he has fat bank acct and he even bosted that he has cousine in strasford (what is his cousin doing abroad) .he is not wise enough that 95% of nigerian are poor and still need to find ways around their plight.let just wise tell me how poor OBAFEMI MARTINS,AUSTIN OKOCHA ETC made their way it abroad ,and see this people now forgeting their past are celebrated heros ,i even imagine how foolish just wise will jubilate when this peole scores, lol
What language did you post in as above
Dont tell me it is english. . . If you think it is then you must be daft and moronic!
Lay off Justwise and this has nothin to do with football, you clueless fuckwit!
Re: Why You Must Travel! by OAM4J: 10:28pm On Oct 24, 2009
olymyk:

i still insist just wise and his followers are fools,, lookink at nigerian with more than 150million pple and proberbly its just about 5% that can afford 3 square meal a day and i believ just wise is one of the 5% so when he talk trash about original bank acct you will agree with me that he has fat bank acct and he even bosted that he has cousine in strasford (what is his cousin doing abroad) .he is not wise enough that 95% of nigerian are poor and still need to find ways around their plight.let just wise tell me how poor OBAFEMI MARTINS,AUSTIN OKOCHA ETC made their way it abroad ,and see this people now forgeting their past are celebrated heros ,i even imagine how foolish just wise will jubilate when this peole scores, lol

Looks to me that you have a problem with poverty. If you don’t have any money, why will you think of traveling in the first place. Or how do you intend to pay for your flight tickets and other expenses. Nobody, not even the embassy says you must be super rich before you can travel out. Also the embassies allows you to use a sponsor. The 1st time I applied for visa I had less than 400K in my account, But I had someone who was ready to stand as my sponsor. And I submitted his genuine bank account.
Re: Why You Must Travel! by OAM4J: 11:02pm On Oct 24, 2009
olymyk:

I was curious to find out if you are an agent/scammer yourself, so I checked your past posts, and was not too surprised to discover how fraudulent you have been. I also now understand your gross with Justwise because he was one of the people that advised you to stop your use of agents and fraudulent practices. But looks to me you have no intention to change, despite all the good advices you were given. Below is your quote with the link from the thread you started.

olymyk:

Re: Help Uk Embassy Have My Finger Print In Another Name

I really need a serious advice and proberbly help here ,i applied for UK student visa twice in my real name before the introduction of finger print by UK embassy but i was refused a visa both times ,late 2007 my sister introduced me to a travel agent to help me procure visa by possible means so he[TRAVEL AGENT] gave me different name to get a passport and yet we went to embassy and i was stiill refused a visa pls i will now like to use my real name againat the embassy but the embassy now has my finger print in the fake name .WHAT DO I DO?

I recommend that everyone read through this thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=305197.msg4296134#msg4296134
Re: Why You Must Travel! by MrCrackles(m): 9:18am On Oct 25, 2009
^ Busted. . . . . shocked grin cheesy grin
Re: Why You Must Travel! by justwise(m): 10:09am On Oct 25, 2009
@MrCrackles and OAM4J.

Well done guys, writing anything again will be repeatation. Lets not give up.
Re: Why You Must Travel! by walesbanks(m): 6:33pm On Oct 25, 2009
I so much appreciate everybody's responses. mixed reactions are welcome. But the truth is that: that post is not for everyone, it is for the wise ones who are swift to hear and slow to speak. Some of the posters just responded foolishl, but the wise ones were able to pick one or two things from what i posted. cheers!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Working Oppurtunity In Holland / Many Nin's Feel Intimidated And Inferior When They Are In The Presence Of Nid's. / South African Who Want To Visit Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.