Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,966 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone (20431 Views)

Why Should The North (with 230 Tribes) Plot Against Just 1 Tribe- Yoruba? / Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN / Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by mukina2: 2:22pm On Oct 24, 2009
Superman its Sierra not seirra angry grin
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by Dede1(m): 3:43pm On Oct 24, 2009
Beaf

I would suggest you quit debating with few folks whose only background on history is Wikipedia. I had expected couple of dimwits to show up on this thread for the sake of being schooled but none of them were mature enough to bury the misguided ethnic ego which has engulfed them.

There is knowledge of history based on conjectural statistics and another based on constructive analysis.

I must say that anybody that claims emphatically that the returnees belong to a particular ethnic group needs to read twice.

There is a debatable peculiarity between the claiming of certain ethnicity by the returnees and British stronghold on certain territories in Africa as in the cases of Lagos, Freetown, Accra and Banjul during the 1600s and beyond.
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by ikeyman00(m): 11:41am On Oct 25, 2009
ok mukina  grin

but how could u be oduduwa naw shocked shocked shocked

haaa   grin; they wana claim your belongings ooo  grin grin
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by MzBabs(f): 11:18pm On Oct 25, 2009
This is interesting, potential Nigerians everywhere, lol!
Indeed. That's why the world's becoming a betta place! lol grin
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by Nobody: 7:17am On Oct 26, 2009
Did you have to put "Yoruba Muslims" in the heading? Damn!!!! Yourbas are going no where. We've lost all good things to religion. Retards.
Yorubas are not Muslims our founding fathers weren't Muslims and they didn't come from Saudi Barbaria. Our ancestors were farmers, Logicians, Metallurgists, sculpturists, stone masons and inventors. Not some Quran thumbing, Turban wearing, allah screaming mofos!!!! Just change the thread name to The lost Yoruba tribe of sierra Leone. Whether they are Muslims or Christians, they are Yorubas first. I didn't even read the article cause the Heading was annoying.
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by rabzy: 3:45pm On Oct 26, 2009
9jaganja:

Did you have to put "Yoruba Muslims" in the heading? Damn!!!! Yourbas are going no where. We've lost all good things to religion. Retards.
Yorubas are not Muslims our founding fathers weren't Muslims and they didn't come from Saudi Barbaria. Our ancestors were farmers, Logicians, Metallurgists, sculpturists, stone masons and inventors. Not some Quran thumbing, Turban wearing, allah screaming mofos!!!! Just change the thread name to The lost Yoruba tribe of sierra Leone. Whether they are Muslims or Christians, they are Yorubas first. I didn't even read the article cause the Heading was annoying.

Guy why u dey vex reach like this, this people were stating their uniqueness in a culture were they are possibly minorities, the fact that they are mostly muslims and also descendants of yoruba slaves. By the time they got to SL, their fathers were still farmers, logicians, sculturists and also muslims. So wetin dey vex u.

1 Like

Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by emyah(m): 4:56pm On Oct 26, 2009
chameleon tribe's, Lazy,
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by Isuata: 7:31pm On Oct 26, 2009
i will reserve some of my comments for now and dwell on emotions

ikeyman,beaf

did yu guys decide to deliberately forget about the incisve comments of sjeezy on some past pages.just becos of the need to pass senseless opinions yu guys decide to see rison
i bow for una o!

why wld mukina claim to be Yoruba wen her ancestors were neva called yorubas, as sjeezy sed,its a word coined out by the british and ofcourse you beaf decide to forget about his comment dat wia the ooni of IFE has been visiting b4 and stopped as a result of illness, shldnt that reduce yur non-assimilation claims against wu eva yu re refferring
and besides.does the poster look like an authority figure in yoruba land dat yu try to batter so much as if hes family is responsible for apologizing to the creoles and assimilating dem.\hes thread ws of discovery not of repatriation.I wonder wot efforts yu av done to do dis yurself,
i bow for u o!
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by ezeagu(m): 9:07pm On Oct 26, 2009
9jaganja:

Uh, try again.
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by sjeezy8: 10:25pm On Oct 26, 2009
lol you people are still arguing
There are igbo creole, yoruba creoles, ghanian etc, creoles are a mixture of whether cultural, race or tribe wise.
ALOT OF YORUBAS ARE TECHNICALLY MIXED but
In yorubaland theres no such thing as being "mixed" or "half". That is why yoruba and other oduduwas have always conquered and expanded their boundaries staying with one identitity( coming from oduduwa).

The ONLY thing that differs yorubas(oduduwas) from others is they're often boisterous about their origin. This could be due to the fact there's no such thing as "half", this mentality back then may have prohibited yorubas( other oduduwa people) from being "bred" out like others.

wassup with this beaf guy trying to cause division in yorubas- HES WANTS TO YORUBA I THINK lmfao
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by oko1: 11:26am On Oct 27, 2009
ezeagu:

Uh, try again.

what a picture
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by Beaf: 11:33am On Oct 27, 2009
sjeezy8:

lol you people are still arguing
There are igbo creole, yoruba creoles, ghanian etc, creoles are a mixture of whether cultural, race or tribe wise.
ALOT OF YORUBAS ARE TECHNICALLY MIXED but
In yorubaland theres no such thing as being "mixed" or "half". That is why yoruba and other oduduwas have always conquered and expanded their boundaries staying with one identitity( coming from oduduwa).

The ONLY thing that differs yorubas(oduduwas) from others is they're often boisterous about their origin. This could be due to the fact there's no such thing as "half", this mentality back then may have prohibited yorubas( other oduduwa people) from being "bred" out like others.

wassup with this beaf guy trying to cause division in yorubas- HES WANTS TO YORUBA I THINK lmfao

Sounds almost like Goebbels. Shudders.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Goebbels
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by Beaf: 11:51am On Oct 27, 2009
Isu ata:

i will reserve some of my comments for now and dwell on emotions

ikeyman,beaf

did yu guys decide to deliberately forget about the incisve comments of sjeezy on some past pages.just becos of the need to pass senseless opinions yu guys decide to see rison
i bow for una o!

why wld mukina claim to be Yoruba wen her ancestors were neva called yorubas, as sjeezy sed,its a word coined out by the british and ofcourse you beaf decide to forget about his comment dat wia the ooni of IFE has been visiting b4 and stopped as a result of illness, shldnt that reduce yur non-assimilation claims against wu eva yu re refferring
and besides.does the poster look like an authority figure in yoruba land dat yu try to batter so much as if hes family is responsible for apologizing to the creoles and assimilating dem.\hes thread ws of discovery not of repatriation.I wonder wot efforts yu av done to do dis yurself,
i bow for u o!

Why does it take so many sentences to step on your own tongue? But not much can expected from someone who cannot tell where texting can be sensibly employed.

Who cares whether those folk are from Mars?
The simple facts are:
[list]
[li]They were sold[/li]
[li]They were sent into the unknown where they might easily have died (four million African deaths are estimated to have died in the Middle Passage)[/li]
[li]They have survived by their own strength or the strength of foreigners (certainly not ours)[/li]
[li]All the time they were "lost", we never went looking for them[/li]
[li]Now that they have been "found", we are not compensating them (not even with a little land like Ghana has done)[/li]
[/list]

Maybe, the above is not both wicked and disgraceful to some, but it is to me. Something very concrete needs to be done before we can begin to point at those that "belong" to us, because we rejected them to a wretched fate. If any Oku or other Creole traces their roots back to Nigeria, it is for us to do the right thing.

[size=14pt]Why do we stupidly think that the obvious can be brushed under the carpet? We need to prostrate ourselves, ask forgiveness and cleanse the land.[/size]

Slavery is equivalent to ritual sacrifice; in many ways, even worse.
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by Isuata: 12:31pm On Oct 27, 2009
bros,i read somwia hia yu ad a wife n kids abi?

it doesnt show o! i wonder
if yu wanna talk injustice n repatriation, wu's stopping yu?
the thread boss says his thread was about discovery, hes discovered yorubas in SL, hes happy

sjeezy told yu bout efforts of the spiritual leader of the Yoruba race---ooni of his lil efforts, wot re yu doing oga?

maybe a thread in the right direction wld have helped, simple
all dis rantings re like frustrations of an abused person, i wonder why yu carry soo much baggage so so
its funny, yu talk with passion ova a thread dat has nutting to do with your emotional n burdened ovaflow
nd yu talk of texting, hehehehehehehehehehe no comment my dear no comment
nxt time bros open yur own thread and blow yur insults dia, simple
dis is not the place

oga knowall, well done o jare
pls continue if yu av more
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by Beaf: 12:41pm On Oct 27, 2009
^
To be honest, you only display the IQ of a little fish.

You sound like someone with zero home training, I pray that one day you too will have a family and know about it.
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by Isuata: 1:34pm On Oct 27, 2009
yes sir,

hmmmnnnnnnnnn
see ow fatherly yu have become on this thread

yur wife and kids must be really proud

yes

osi wewe!
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by Beaf: 1:52pm On Oct 27, 2009
^
Your self denial of the reality and evil of slavery seems to be affecting you so badly, that you pretend not to understand what I am saying and want to reduce the discuss to drivel.

Let it pain you and all who don't care about the crime of slavery, blood is on your hands. I will repeat (read it and die again): grin

Beaf:

Why does it take so many sentences to step on your own tongue? But not much can expected from someone who cannot tell where texting can be sensibly employed.

Who cares whether those folk are from Mars?
The simple facts are:
[list]
[li]They were sold[/li]
[li]They were sent into the unknown where they might easily have died (four million African deaths are estimated to have occurred in the Middle Passage)[/li]
[li]They have survived by their own strength or the strength of foreigners (certainly not ours)[/li]
[li]All the time they were "lost", we never went looking for them[/li]
[li]Now that they have been "found", we are not compensating them (not even with a little land like Ghana has done)[/li]
[/list]

Maybe, the above is not both wicked and disgraceful to some, but it is to me. Something very concrete needs to be done before we can begin to point at those that "belong" to us, because we rejected them to a wretched fate. If any Oku or other Creole traces their roots back to Nigeria, it is for us to do the right thing.

[size=14pt]Why do we stupidly think that the obvious can be brushed under the carpet? We need to prostrate ourselves, ask forgiveness and cleanse the land.[/size]

Slavery is equivalent to human sacrifice; in many ways, even worse.
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by djungle(m): 8:14am On Oct 28, 2009
^^^Good job.
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by Beaf: 2:30pm On Oct 28, 2009
^
Thank you o jare. It is surprisingly hard work.
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by Isuata: 3:04am On Oct 29, 2009
i wonde rhow it becomes sooooooooo hard for some pple to get simple reasoning

who said i didnt understand your plight of abused and burdened slave history and percieved injustice done to you by your kismen

but all everybody is yelling to you here is simple

[b]THIS AINT THE THREAD TO DISPLY YOUR MASTERY OF EMPTIONS ON SLAVE INJUSTICE BY THEIR KINSMEN(OF DEAD MEMORIES CENTURIES BACK)[/b]BUT a thread of discovery from Mr. knowall.

simple
create a thread for it and devote all your mastery to educating those who cre to read it

sefini
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by complove: 1:01am On Oct 30, 2009
beaf any blood of yoruba in a person makes them yoruba, that what you dont know.
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by nedu2000(m): 1:12am On Oct 30, 2009
Anybody dat wants 2 leave naija should go,but no sierra leoneans r allowed in,we have more dan enof yorubas 2 deal wit
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by Beaf: 2:03am On Oct 30, 2009
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by Nobody: 4:21am On Oct 30, 2009
Beaf, why not apologize for the role your kinsmen played as middlemen in the slave trade.

You can do so on their behalf.
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by ikeyman00(m): 8:20am On Oct 30, 2009
^^^very wicked people;yall should appologises for the omo ebos u conquered in Ife

@@@@@

poster u are a n idiot; before u look outside, why dnt u have an inside view

slowpoke hmmm trait
[size=35pt]
the lost igbos to yorubas in nigeria [/size]

oh yes szeey preach on the yorubas dnt have mixture, ugly bastards

u an idoits; the most tribalistic people on earth; anyone readin i think will agree with that;

my friend;hmm end of time; u understand, u have been spewing all that bullshit underground, we wll show u how its done just like ur uncle beomerich has discovered
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by Nobody: 5:01pm On Oct 30, 2009
^^ gosh you are bitter!!

even me that I'm covered in stretch marks from head to toe, overweight and nauseatingly gaseous with a pot belly to boot and zilch in my bank account, not to mention my computer bugged to the hilt, am still not as bitter as you!!!!!

and if I were, it would be understandable considering all my problems in life!!!!!

na wa for you oh!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

2019: PDP To Prune Number Of Presidential Aspirants Read M / N78.9b Refund: I Have Not Received N1 Till Now – Governor Wike / Appeal Court Sacks 3 PDP NASS members, affirms Lalong, Bulus (APC), Fom (LP)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.