Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,545 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:40 PM

Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post (50871 Views)

Reno Omokri Reacts To Buhari's Wife In Kitchen Comment With These Photos / Buhari's Kitchen Comment: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts With Loved Up Photo With Wife / Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks On Buhari's Kitchen Comment About Aisha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by BeeBeeOoh(m): 12:54pm On Oct 15, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Lol
thank God you have seen the light cool cool
Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by numericalguy(m): 12:56pm On Oct 15, 2016
freeze001:
Where is Shehu Garba the defender and interpreter? He should come and do damage control as usual.

See nonsense joke for front of woman wey u go beg for military assistance wey no be kitchen appliances o! Total international disgrace!

Shehu Garba is really finding his job more difficult by the day. Defending an old senile bigot who has no respect for women (including his own wife) cannot be easy.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by tonio2wo: 12:56pm On Oct 15, 2016
We know the cabals! They are the islamisation crew
But their failure ie eminent! That's why this issue is everywhere. God pass dem.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by tonio2wo: 12:58pm On Oct 15, 2016
Tonyosas101:
Most of you don't get it

He (PMB) said "my wife" ....from the video, he was smiling and that means he was joking

So he was joking that he does not know aisah belongs to apc ba?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by whymoniker(m): 12:58pm On Oct 15, 2016
Please what do Nigerians want? Most of you complained about Pateinece's high handedness and Turai's puppeteering of the late President's aides. But now you have a president who is willing to draw the boundary between his wife's place as his spouse, and her political opinions, yet you cast shades on him. Personally I believe a woman's place in this case is by her man's side, working and praying to ensure he achieves his vision and not expressing herself on news media the way she did. What makes her think she had a choice? she could either support him happily and willingly or support him unwillingly and by coercion. She stands to lose the unconstitutional sit of office of the first lady. #YesISaidIt.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by tivta(m): 1:00pm On Oct 15, 2016
Let the drama continue

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by Bizibi(m): 1:00pm On Oct 15, 2016
Make em no allow am travel out again......the misyarning Don too much

5 Likes

Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by ephi123(f): 1:02pm On Oct 15, 2016
He should please just return home and stop disgracing the whole country all about. Illiterate president who now lacks wisdom join angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by solarview(m): 1:03pm On Oct 15, 2016
Dear Sarrki, HungerBAD, madridguy et al.... How market today!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by linusbnn(m): 1:03pm On Oct 15, 2016
Tonyosas101:
Most of you don't get it

He (PMB) said "my wife" ....from the video, he was smiling and that means he was joking

Garba Shehu is your father or Lai Mohammed?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by tonio2wo: 1:03pm On Oct 15, 2016
IEDA:
I was ok with bubu been a national disgrace,but an INTERNATIONAL DISGRACE
At your age you'll just go and be disgracing us...

Cool down the international 'disgracetion' started since naah! Remember 'president of west germany, 97% and 5%, e don tay whey una god don dey fall hand But zombies like u were deaf, dumb and blind to all of it. cheesy grin thank God d scales are gradually falling off some of ur eyes.
Its just that that jesuslovesyou case is incurable. grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 15, 2016
Afonjas:
She has been reduced to mere housewife
oga why u go use afonja as moniker your mentions go dey reach 100 per day grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by Ngozi123(f): 1:09pm On Oct 15, 2016
Tonyosas101:
Most of you don't get it

Yes but his poor command of English makes it very difficult for him to convey humour in the language. For this reason, it wouldn't have seemed a joke to many and for those who understood that it was indeed a joke, it was a rather distasteful one at best. All in all, he shouldn't be making sexist comments, whether he's being serious or not, in public and especially not when he's right next to one of the most powerful women in the world.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by chrisfinito123: 1:10pm On Oct 15, 2016
DE woman is trying too save his husband in 2019,because his husband we face trail of DE innocent people he have kill in protest in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by buchilino(m): 1:12pm On Oct 15, 2016
Tonyosas101:
Most of you don't get it

JOKING?, YEAH RIGHT.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by kjhova(m): 1:13pm On Oct 15, 2016
dinachi:
There is absolutely nothing wrong in the President's speech that is degrading. Except you believe that the kitchen is a terrible place. Which makes the proud and professional chefs and cooks second class citizens. Don't fall for feminist agenda's, be smart.

Unless my English language skill is not up to par, everything is wrong with Mr. President's speech. It was condescending to his wife and it was degrading at the very least. The president's response suggested that Hajia Aisha (& by extension, the generality of women) ought to be busy in the kitchen and in the "other room" (what in Chaka's name does that even mean?) than to meddle in political matters.

The whole thing betrays the macho, parochial and ultra religious mindset of Buhari and above all his inability to realize or his disregard for the setting in which he was speaking. He said all that while sharing the stage with Angela Merkel, a woman, whom he had gone to solicit military hardware from. He ain't getting none of that for sure if this matter isn't properly handled.

Come to think of it, doesn't Buhari's comments rhyme with the writings of Paul the apostle in the bible books of Corinthians and others in which he suggested that women not be allowed to speak in church nor should women be allowed to lead over men?

The era of subjugating women is dying worldwide and the sooner some of this old or zealous goons realize that, the better.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by Tonyosas101(m): 1:15pm On Oct 15, 2016
anonimi:

You are the one who doesn't get it.
There are things that you don't joke with.
But then, what does an illiterate know

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3084794_DumbPeople_jpg287f2b4d3ead2f536f99f92cbca9c590
an illiterate is ruling your country (FOR THE SECOND TIME)
Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by repogirl(f): 1:16pm On Oct 15, 2016
Very tasteless Jibe indeed. Buhari you lost the fight to your wife. Hopefully, more rounds will follow, let's see if you catch up but for now, the scores are..... grin

Aisha Buhari 2 - 0 M. Buhari

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by Tonyosas101(m): 1:18pm On Oct 15, 2016
Ngozi123:

Yes but his poor command of English makes it very difficult for him to convey humour in the language. For this reason, it wouldn't have seemed a joke to many and for those who understood that it was indeed a joke, it was a rather distasteful one at best. All in all, he shouldn't be making sexist comments, whether he's being serious or not, in public and especially not when he's right next to one of the most powerful women in the world.
yeah right but I think he was precise about it "MY WIFE"

I guess we're missing GEJ
Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by ArabMopol(m): 1:21pm On Oct 15, 2016
crappy... are I telling me buhari did not know his major financial backers, Amaechi fashola ngige ogbonnaya onu etc.... enough of a these drama, Aisha and Buhari knew exactly what they are doing, attracting empathy for his clueless husband... only gullible Zombie will take this people seriously, buhari,Aisha dramatic king/Queen
Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by Funkyswagzz(m): 1:24pm On Oct 15, 2016
If you need a bad example.. please kindly come to nigeria angry angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by sharpchap: 1:25pm On Oct 15, 2016
I think this is just a normal quarrel between a married couple. One did something to annoy the other and the other one said something mean to get back at her das all. And all the little people are jumping up and down trying to make more of it than it is. Bubu no send Nd righly so. No long tin abeg!
Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by Ngozi123(f): 1:36pm On Oct 15, 2016
Tonyosas101:
yeah right but I think he was precise about it "MY WIFE"

I guess we're missing GEJ

The fact that he said "my wife" makes very little difference in my opinion. You have to ask yourself why didn't he question his speechwriter when he first read that part of the speech? The fact that he didn't even find anything wrong with the comment and didn't even consider the fact that it might seem offensive to some shows just how ignorant he is. This is what you get when you elect an uneducated man as your President.

Btw, I'm not in any way supporting GEJ, his administration was only slightly less incompetent and ineffective than the incumbent government. What we need is one of two things: to introduce fiscal federalism into the constitution or to completely break up the country. I have very little hope for the former unfortunately undecided.
Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by thunderbabs: 1:37pm On Oct 15, 2016
I belong to Nobody, i belong to Everybody....
Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by madapcmod: 1:43pm On Oct 15, 2016
Those that called GEJ clueless should confess their sins and beg him for forgiveness

Chinakwe's dog is cluelessness personified

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by Nobody: 1:50pm On Oct 15, 2016
LagosBoi2:
I left my family to sleep over at my former area just to vote for this man, I persuaded a lot of voters to vote for this man. I am disappointed in myself, I couldn't comment since last year because I have been observing all these things as well, This man is truly a mistake. I dislike men who still think of woman like this. A man who betrayed his benefactors and now his own family because of power, I may not like Jonathan but he is not power drunk, He respects women as a responsible man should, This buhari may divorce his wife and take in a 14yr old bride. I honestly don't want to complain before because I know some people will take advantage of it

Don't be disappointed, we all make mistakes. The most important thing is to learn from it.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by Physicist(m): 1:51pm On Oct 15, 2016
Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by Michel2013: 1:52pm On Oct 15, 2016
i have said it before and im still saying it again buhari must not be allowed to stand in front of microphone each time he is in a foreign country because he has this habit of embarrassing himself and nigeria whenever he speaks. just imagine this nonsense in front of woman you are seek aid from.
i guess he is suffering from micromaniac.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 15, 2016
dinachi:
There is absolutely nothing wrong in the President's speech that is degrading. Except you believe that the kitchen is a terrible place. Which makes the proud and professional chefs and cooks second class citizens. Don't fall for feminist agenda's, be smart.

Dude, this has nothing to do with feminism. Trust me.
Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by ephi123(f): 1:54pm On Oct 15, 2016
IEDA:
I was ok with bubu been a national disgrace,but an INTERNATIONAL DISGRACE
At your age you'll just go and be disgracing us...

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by vislabraye(m): 1:55pm On Oct 15, 2016
LagosBoi2:
I left my family to sleep over at my former area just to vote for this man, I persuaded a lot of voters to vote for this man. I am disappointed in myself, I couldn't comment since last year because I have been observing all these things as well, This man is truly a mistake. I dislike men who still think of woman like this. A man who betrayed his benefactors and now his own family because of power, I may not like Jonathan but he is not power drunk, He respects women as a responsible man should, This buhari may divorce his wife and take in a 14yr old bride. I honestly don't want to complain before because I know some people will take advantage of it

Welcome to wailers club. The secretary will contact you shortly for the form.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Moment Kwankwaso Was Humbled At PDP Convention (video) / Why Are You Looking At Me With Pity? - Oshiomhole Asks Journalists / Those Who Earn N37m A Month Are Telling Those Who Earn N18k A Month That...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.