Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:05 AM

Yar'adua Wants To Jail Obasanjo - El Rufai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'adua Wants To Jail Obasanjo - El Rufai (2424 Views)

I Was Happy In Abacha’s Jail – Obasanjo / El Rufai And His Son Observe Sallah Prayers With Muslim Faithfuls In Kaduna.pics / Corruption And Treachery ;buhari To Jail Obasanjo When He Assume Power. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yar'adua Wants To Jail Obasanjo - El Rufai by maxsiollun: 12:54pm On Oct 21, 2009
http://www.news.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8185:yaradua-will-send-obansanjo-to-prison-el-rufai&catid=46:lead-stories&Itemid=140

Former FCT Minister, Malam Nasir el-Rufai has alleged that President Umaru Yar’Adua is desperately looking for reasons to send former president Olusegun Obansanjo to prison.

Chatting with newsmen at the Nigeria High Commission in London on Tuesday, shortly before submitting his application for the renewal of his passport, el-Rufai claimed that Yar’Adua has been looking for any excuse to send the former president to jail.

“It is just that Yar’Adua has not got enough proof to send him (Obasanjo) to prison. What do you think the power probe was all about? They want to get him. I know Yar’Adua very well. He is vicious and unforgiving”.

El-Rufai said when the fall-out between him and Yar’Adua started, he told Obasanjo that he did not want his intervention or reconciliation, stressing that President Yar’Adua was a person who will only reconcile when he is down on his knees. “As President, he is not going to be on his knees”.

“Obansanjo hand-picked Yar’Adua as president. Yar’Adua was his project and now he is after him. You can’t create a problem and then intervene. I would rather Obansanjo spends time saving himself than saving me”.

On his declared intention of going home to Nigeria, El-Rufai said: “I intend to spend my Christmas in Nigeria by God’s grace, but I haven’t fixed a date a yet”.

He said many people have told him not to go because they were concerned about his safety and security, but he insisted that he was more concerned about his safety that anyone else.

He said he was very much aware of the risks he would face if he went home, but stated that he was prepared to take the risk for the sake of Nigeria and his desire to bring about positive change in the governance of the country.

“You can’t change a bad system without taking risks”, he said. “If we all keep away from Nigeria, the country will not change (for the better) and the criminals will continue to dominate”.

El-Rufai said Nigerians must learn to stand up and fight for their rights, lamenting that Nigerian liked blaming others for their problems instead of standing up to challenge those responsible for their woes.

“Nigerians should group together and put pressure on President Yar’Adua to make him wake up to his responsibilities”.

He blamed Yar’Adua for the waning of influence Nigeria used to have on issues and events in Africa and the world at large. “Under Obansanjo, when Nigeria goes to summits, it speaks for Africa, but under Yar’Adua, Nigeria sits in the back row.

The former FCT minister who stated that he had no immediate plans to vie for any elective position in the near future however said he was ready to team up and work with anybody to change the way things were being done in the country.
Re: Yar'adua Wants To Jail Obasanjo - El Rufai by ayo84(m): 1:00pm On Oct 21, 2009
Instead of yaradua plnning to jail obasanjo, he should be planning on how to change this country,yaradua is just a pathetic case we have to cope with, i still insist that obasanjo was and is still the best leader nigeria has ever had.
[flash=300,107]http://www.del-premium.com/advert2.swf[/flash]
shop online for naija tshirts
Re: Yar'adua Wants To Jail Obasanjo - El Rufai by Shola2009(m): 1:54pm On Oct 21, 2009
Wants to jail OBJ ke? lol, who born am?? angry
Re: Yar'adua Wants To Jail Obasanjo - El Rufai by SapeleGuy: 2:07pm On Oct 21, 2009
maxsiollun:

http://www.news.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8185:yaradua-will-send-

The former FCT minister who stated that he had no immediate plans to vie for any elective position in the near future however said he was ready to team up and work with anybody to change the way things were being done in the country.

This character needs to get lost. 'ready to team up' How many chances do you need. Come home and face the music.
Re: Yar'adua Wants To Jail Obasanjo - El Rufai by sjeezy8: 5:52pm On Oct 21, 2009
Obasanjo:

“This boy [Yar'adua] has turned out to be a terrible disappointment,” an angry Obasanjo was quoted as bemoaning to close aides, adding: “if there is one mistake that I have come to regret in my presidency; it was to make that idiot [Yar'adua] president; the boy is just too stupid,” sources privy to the conversation told Huhuonline.com. Such bland criticism was quintessential OBJ, who is known for his sometimes blunt and undignified utterances.

Re: Yar'adua Wants To Jail Obasanjo - El Rufai by kosovo(m): 5:59pm On Oct 21, 2009
if that's yar adua agenda, then obviously he is SICK!
please give us constant power, is that too much to ask?
Re: Yar'adua Wants To Jail Obasanjo - El Rufai by kosovo(m): 6:00pm On Oct 21, 2009
@ sjeezy8,
finally u are back from the rocks. cheesy
Re: Yar'adua Wants To Jail Obasanjo - El Rufai by KnowAll(m): 6:14pm On Oct 21, 2009
Yardua has nothing to lose in trying OBJ, he is already a sick man, he can be rest assured that 84 virgins instead of the standard 72 virgins will be waiting for him if he keels over.

But just b4 that happens he should get rid of every rooten apple, by investigating them, if found guilty jail them and that includes his new body guard James Ibori.

That way he would have rid Nigeria of all the corrupt politicians and a new dawn would be looked upon with great joy and anticipation his name will be revered and respected for ever and ever.
Re: Yar'adua Wants To Jail Obasanjo - El Rufai by ikeyman00(m): 7:24pm On Oct 21, 2009
@@@

we always know obj is an idot!

the boy what

no commmmmmmmmmmmment

fukin idot
Re: Yar'adua Wants To Jail Obasanjo - El Rufai by emiwanlee(m): 2:58am On Oct 22, 2009
then what is he still waiting for. Ate we no longer in Nigeria? let him be fast about it b4 that idiot thinks of a way to escape it
Re: Yar'adua Wants To Jail Obasanjo - El Rufai by sjeezy8: 3:12am On Oct 22, 2009
Obasanjo is very smart and almost the only person who has a vision for a better Nigeria(whether he be theif or not).

He get brains wey pass anyone else in Nigeria.
Re: Yar'adua Wants To Jail Obasanjo - El Rufai by chic2pimp(m): 3:20am On Oct 22, 2009
^^^^ How so? undecided
Re: Yar'adua Wants To Jail Obasanjo - El Rufai by Nobody: 3:20am On Oct 22, 2009
Am totally tired of hearing about those three buffoons; OBJ, Yara and El-rufai.

"god" please make them go away! cry
Re: Yar'adua Wants To Jail Obasanjo - El Rufai by puskin: 3:37am On Oct 22, 2009
^ ^
U got that right.
They are all bufoons.
Re: Yar'adua Wants To Jail Obasanjo - El Rufai by chic2pimp(m): 3:38am On Oct 22, 2009
nuzo:

Am totally tired of hearing about those three buffoons; OBJ, Yara and El-rufai.

"God" please make them go away! cry
While they will go away some day,you can bet your bottom dollar that day ain't coming anytime soon.
Re: Yar'adua Wants To Jail Obasanjo - El Rufai by udezue(m): 3:44am On Oct 22, 2009
Sjeezy is a buffoon. Seriously I know you are die hard Yoruba tribal simpleton and will defend and praise any Yoruba person even if he was a combination of Idi Amin and Hitler but bro stop the BS. Obj and Yaradua are the same and I hope they kill each other jare
Re: Yar'adua Wants To Jail Obasanjo - El Rufai by chic2pimp(m): 3:59am On Oct 22, 2009
^^^^ If I had my way,i'll lock the two of you together and throw away the keys. I won't release you two until your tribalistic differences have been sorted out.
Re: Yar'adua Wants To Jail Obasanjo - El Rufai by sjeezy8: 4:02am On Oct 22, 2009
udezue:

Sjeezy is a buffoon. Seriously I know you are die hard Yoruba tribal simpleton and will defend and praise any Yoruba person even if he was a combination of Idi Amin and Hitler but bro stop the BS. Obj and Yaradua are the same and I hope they kill each other jare

you are very stupid everything you think is tribe, i mean shut the fuckup for once fagget

@ chimp
i doubt anyone can name anyother person who can be a better president or more qualified then OBJ.
Olu falaee hell no!!! ojukwu hell no!!! a northerner without obj's help hell no!!!

The only thing obj fumbled was the Nepa/phcn and installing yaradua, he even admits it was a mistake.
Re: Yar'adua Wants To Jail Obasanjo - El Rufai by bawomolo(m): 4:08am On Oct 22, 2009
^^

lol every Nigerian crook has his supporters club

OBJ has sjeezy

IBB has BigB1
Re: Yar'adua Wants To Jail Obasanjo - El Rufai by Nobody: 4:09am On Oct 22, 2009
And these are the nigerian youths Achebe is banking his hopes on?

What the hell!
Re: Yar'adua Wants To Jail Obasanjo - El Rufai by sjeezy8: 4:11am On Oct 22, 2009
can you think of anyone who is better than OBJ ? ^^^^^^ at his time?
Re: Yar'adua Wants To Jail Obasanjo - El Rufai by Nobody: 4:13am On Oct 22, 2009
Is that what the topic is all about?
Besides, I dont settle for mediocre.
Re: Yar'adua Wants To Jail Obasanjo - El Rufai by sjeezy8: 4:15am On Oct 22, 2009
^^^^ lol you dont settle for mediocre
you are a dreamer and fuckin unrealistic

Who achieved more than obj, if obj is mediocre?
Re: Yar'adua Wants To Jail Obasanjo - El Rufai by udezue(m): 4:18am On Oct 22, 2009
Naw Sgayzy,
I am not the tribal simpleton. You are. OBASANJO? We all know how you'll defend anything West of Niger so naw u SHUT THE FUCCK UP.

Achebe is wasting his breathe and youths like him. OBJ Tufiakwa!!! Iknow a bad leader when I see one regardless of ethnicity.

Chimp, talk to ur brother
Re: Yar'adua Wants To Jail Obasanjo - El Rufai by sjeezy8: 4:19am On Oct 22, 2009
Im not saying hes da best im saying hes better than anyone else in the west and east put together

Im asking you who could have done better than OBJ?
its a simple question fagget
Re: Yar'adua Wants To Jail Obasanjo - El Rufai by chic2pimp(m): 4:27am On Oct 22, 2009
^^^^ If we can't find a better leader amongst a population of 140million people, Nigeria I must sadly say is bleeped for life,don't ya think so? undecided
Re: Yar'adua Wants To Jail Obasanjo - El Rufai by sjeezy8: 4:55am On Oct 22, 2009
^^^^ yes indeed

Obasanjo is a different breed of guy. He doesn't care about any damn afenifere,mend or biafra BS. Before obj was in office everyone was still hiding behind tribal names, he was the first to reach across tribal lines no doubt. He was even the first to want to terminate military rule. 

When he dies and if Nigeria has worse leader, Nigerians be sayin how "better" Obj was.
Re: Yar'adua Wants To Jail Obasanjo - El Rufai by Nobody: 4:59am On Oct 22, 2009
Who is still arguing with this guy about OBJ?
Re: Yar'adua Wants To Jail Obasanjo - El Rufai by sjeezy8: 5:02am On Oct 22, 2009
nuzo:

Who is still arguing with this guy about OBJ?

no one is arguing
chimp asked a question

chic2pimp:

^^^^ If we can't find a better leader amongst a population of 140million people, Nigeria I must sadly say is bleeped for life,don't ya think so? undecided

@ nuzo
i always think why do you end up in threads why? you never have shit to contribute so. . . . . . . why are you on NL?

i take it you miss Nigeria sooo much you joined a site for Nigerians
Re: Yar'adua Wants To Jail Obasanjo - El Rufai by Nobody: 5:14am On Oct 22, 2009
I will want to also know what you contribute to threads if not to incite tribalism?

sjeezy8:

i take it you miss Nigeria sooo much you joined a site for Nigerians

Tell me something else I dont know.
Re: Yar'adua Wants To Jail Obasanjo - El Rufai by marvix(m): 5:21am On Oct 22, 2009
Does Yaradua need a reason to jail OBJ there is no short supply of reasons OBJ is as guilty as Ibori, lets forget all this people i am surprised we seem to have forgotten el rufai so soon all h wants is attention. I can place a bet that on arrival he wont be bothered by anyone because Yaradua has no reason to grudge him.
For me i think OBJ is the real mistake we made as a nation anything you can think of that OBJ gave with his right hand i bet you he took 3times with his left, I believe that Yaradua will perform better.
Re: Yar'adua Wants To Jail Obasanjo - El Rufai by sjeezy8: 5:25am On Oct 22, 2009
nuzo:

I will want to also know what you contribute to threads if not tribalism?
I take it that you were so high on something very dangerous to the brains when you were writing this.

Im still trying to figure out where triablism is in this thread?

and im still waiting for yaradull to better

(1) (2) (Reply)

Malta Guiness Street Dance PAN AFRICA Challenge in Ghana / Abia State - Visit This Site (http://www.abiastate.gov.ng/category/projects/) / BBC World Debate On "Why Poverty?" Oby Ezekwesili, Tony Blair-live!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.