Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,105 members, 7,807,333 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:23 PM

Katsina Emirate Denies Alleged Abduction, Forceful Marriage Of 14-yrs-old Habiba - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Katsina Emirate Denies Alleged Abduction, Forceful Marriage Of 14-yrs-old Habiba (685 Views)

Deaconess Yemi Awolola Remanded In Prison For Torture Of 14-year-old Housemaid / Abducted Zainab Bulus Bawa Freed After Forceful Convertion To Islam. Photo / Katsina Emirate: Kidnapped Christian Girl likely Pregnant for Her Muslim Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Katsina Emirate Denies Alleged Abduction, Forceful Marriage Of 14-yrs-old Habiba by Ahmadgani(m): 6:03am On Oct 15, 2016
Kabir, represented by one of the king makers,
Alhaji Nuhu Abdulkadir, the ‘Kauran-Katsina’, said
that it was the Commissioner of Police who
sent the matter to the palace for resolution.
He said that the girl embraced Islam on her own
volition.

According to him, the father of the girl, Isyaku
Tanko, had petitioned the police that one Jamilu
had abducted his daughter, converted her to
Islam and married her without their consent.

The Emir said that during investigation, the
palace discovered that Habiba embraced Islam on
her own volition.

He said that the girl had indicated her interest in
marrying Jamilu, who is from the same area with
her, and that the Emirate Council married her to
her heartthrob, who paid N50,000 as her dowry.
He said that the palace had interviewed the girl
to ascertain if she was forced to accept Islam,
and she said no, and declined following her father
home.

The Emir further said that the father of the girl
had written an apology to the palace after
discovering that he had made wrong accusations
to council, and showed the letter to journalists
present.

In his remarks, the Katsina State CAN Chairman,
Rev. Nelson Onyekachukwu, said that the palace
should always contact CAN in the state on such
matters.

‘’We should be given time to go home and
discuss with the parents and Kankara CAN branch
on the matter and report back to the palace,’’ he
said.

Meanwhile, Tanko had told a news conference
organised by Stefanos Foundation in Abuja on
Wednesday that Jamilu had admitted to
abducting his daughter.

He said that his daughter would be 15 years old
on Saturday, and that she was kidnapped from
school, Government Senior Secondary School,
Kudun Kankara, Kastina State by one Jamilu
Lawal.

He also said that she had been forcefully
converted to Islam and married off by the Emir
without her parents’ consent.

“My little girl was abducted on the 16th of
August, 2016, from her school. After my
investigations, I discovered that Jamilu Lawal,
who lives in the same community, was
responsible for my daughters’ disappearance.’’
He said that he had lodged a formal complaint
with the Commissioner of Police in Kastina, and
that he had also gone to the palace to retrieve
his daughter but his mission was unsuccessful.
“On arrival at the Palace, the Emir informed me
that my daughter has been converted from
Christianity to Islam henceforth.

“There is no longer any relationship between me
and my daughter and we can no longer inherit
each other. He further informed me that he has
received the sum of N50, 000 as dowry from
Jamilu Ibrahim for my daughter.

“Therefore, he will give her out in marriage in
accordance with Islamic rites and injunctions.
“He accused me of defaming him at the Police
Station and I was threatened, intimidated and
coerced to sign an apology drafted on my behalf
in his Palace.

He appealed to well-meaning Nigerians and those
in authority to help assist him to secure the
release of his daughter.

On his part, Mr Mark Lipdo, the Programme
Coordinator for Stafanos Foundation, an NGO,
said that the organisation intervened in conflicts.
“We have been trying to intervene in the conflicts
going on in Nigeria; we believe in the human
rights of all citizens and encourage that
fundamental rights be upheld at all times to
maintain a sane society.

He noted that Habiba, who had just completed
her Junior Secondary school with very good
grades, had much prospects.
He said that the foundation had petitioned the
Inspector General of Police with a view to
securing the girls” release but had yet to get a
response.

“The girl is a minor and things like this have to
stop happening in this country because if it
continues, people are going to resort to self-
help,’’ Lipdo said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/katsina-emirate-denies-alleged-abduction-forceful-marriage-of-14-yrs-old-habiba/

Re: Katsina Emirate Denies Alleged Abduction, Forceful Marriage Of 14-yrs-old Habiba by Wizzyblack3(m): 6:10am On Oct 15, 2016
Another confusing story. But they said something else yesterday. Chai, nawa o
Re: Katsina Emirate Denies Alleged Abduction, Forceful Marriage Of 14-yrs-old Habiba by Tolexander: 6:15am On Oct 15, 2016
Wizzyblack3:
Another confusing story. But they said something else yesterday. Chai, nawa o
Re: Katsina Emirate Denies Alleged Abduction, Forceful Marriage Of 14-yrs-old Habiba by alegbeleye(m): 6:18am On Oct 15, 2016
Isn't this ironic; she was not forcefully married but her parent are not aware of the marriage ?.

1 Like

Re: Katsina Emirate Denies Alleged Abduction, Forceful Marriage Of 14-yrs-old Habiba by newbornmacho(m): 6:18am On Oct 15, 2016
Useless Muslims. Living only for sex. False prophet Mohammed himself was so addicted to sex he married 9 wives but restricted his stupid followers to 4. No wonder Muslims everywhere are reaping the karma of their evil religion, with special allocations of poverty, war,disease and low IQ from Satan. These idiots must pay. Someone started a petition at change.org which I have signed, please visit it.
Re: Katsina Emirate Denies Alleged Abduction, Forceful Marriage Of 14-yrs-old Habiba by shamack: 6:21am On Oct 15, 2016
newbornmacho:
Useless Muslims. Living only for sex. False prophet Mohammed himself was so addicted to sex he married 9 wives but restricted his stupid followers to 4. No wonder Muslims everywhere are reaping the karma of their evil religion, with special allocations of poverty, war,disease and low IQ from Satan. These idiots must pay. Someone started a petition at change.org which I have signed, please visit it.

what has Muslims done wrong, i wonder why u like looking for trouble
Re: Katsina Emirate Denies Alleged Abduction, Forceful Marriage Of 14-yrs-old Habiba by shamack: 6:23am On Oct 15, 2016
I prefer my daugher getting married earlier than keeping her at home, and she turns ANIMASHAUN,,,all becos of what?,,,i want to keep her future lol,,,,i will do that in her husband house,,,but not to a old man o
Re: Katsina Emirate Denies Alleged Abduction, Forceful Marriage Of 14-yrs-old Habiba by kcnwaigbo: 6:23am On Oct 15, 2016
You married a Minor without her parents consent.How exactly do these animals in the north reason?
Re: Katsina Emirate Denies Alleged Abduction, Forceful Marriage Of 14-yrs-old Habiba by kcnwaigbo: 6:26am On Oct 15, 2016
shamack:
I prefer my daugher getting married earlier than keeping her at home, and she turns ANIMASHAUN,,,all becos of what?,,,i want to keep her future lol,,,,i will do that in her husband house,,,but not to a old man o
That is you, however Habiba's parents do not wish such a crude Arabian ideology to be applied to their daughter
Re: Katsina Emirate Denies Alleged Abduction, Forceful Marriage Of 14-yrs-old Habiba by shamack: 6:29am On Oct 15, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

That is you, however Habiba's parents do not wish such a crude Arabian ideology to be applied to their daughter

lol once the parent doesnt want that the marriage is invalid,,,,the religion doesnt support that,,,,
Re: Katsina Emirate Denies Alleged Abduction, Forceful Marriage Of 14-yrs-old Habiba by petrov10: 6:30am On Oct 15, 2016
useless emirate
Re: Katsina Emirate Denies Alleged Abduction, Forceful Marriage Of 14-yrs-old Habiba by newbornmacho(m): 6:33am On Oct 15, 2016
shamack:

what has Muslims done wrong, i wonder why u like looking for trouble
What have Muslims done wrong? Are you kidding me? They kidnapped a minor, and married her off without her parents' consent. Have you ever heard such a thing with any other religion? Even pagans and Satanists? Look
Islam is a deep stench , and we've all had enough of it.
Re: Katsina Emirate Denies Alleged Abduction, Forceful Marriage Of 14-yrs-old Habiba by shamack: 6:36am On Oct 15, 2016
newbornmacho:

What have Muslims done wrong? Are you kidding me? They kidnapped a minor, and married her off without her parents' consent. Have you ever heard such a thing with any other religion? Even pagans and Satanists? Look
Islam is a deep stench , and we've all had enough of it.

hey bro have heard ur pain,,,,i guess ur daughter or sis might have been kidnapped by now, since thats what muslims do,,,,u know what?,,,all kidnappers are muslims,,,are u satisfied?,,,,,,,,,,,blackeye
Re: Katsina Emirate Denies Alleged Abduction, Forceful Marriage Of 14-yrs-old Habiba by newbornmacho(m): 6:38am On Oct 15, 2016
shamack:

hey bro have heard ur pain,,,,i guess ur daughter or sis might have been kidnapped by now, since thats what muslims do,,,,u know what?,,,all kidnappers are muslims,,,are u satisfied?,,,,,,,,,,,blackeye
Yea. All kidnappers of little girls for marriage and conversion are Muslims, FACT
Re: Katsina Emirate Denies Alleged Abduction, Forceful Marriage Of 14-yrs-old Habiba by Ahmadgani(m): 6:41am On Oct 15, 2016
newbornmacho:

haba this your hatred na wa o. please you need to be considerate and understand that all these undermining expressions cut across all religion. you need to study hard
Re: Katsina Emirate Denies Alleged Abduction, Forceful Marriage Of 14-yrs-old Habiba by Mille: 6:43am On Oct 15, 2016
Useless set of people.
How can a 14year old choose to marry at her own violation? Do Northerners even allow their daughters to marry whoever they please?
Re: Katsina Emirate Denies Alleged Abduction, Forceful Marriage Of 14-yrs-old Habiba by newbornmacho(m): 6:50am On Oct 15, 2016
Ahmadgani:

haba this your hatred na wa o. please you need to be considerate and understand that all these undermining expressions cut across all religion. you need to study hard
Err OK, fair enough. But why are you guys silent? Is there any difference between what boko haram did to the chibok girls and what this EMIR!!! is doing to this girl?
Re: Katsina Emirate Denies Alleged Abduction, Forceful Marriage Of 14-yrs-old Habiba by Ahmadgani(m): 3:03pm On Oct 15, 2016
newbornmacho:

Err OK, fair enough. But why are you guys silent? Is there any difference between what boko haram did to the chibok girls and what this EMIR!!! is doing to this girl?
bro what you need to understand is we are all different in terms of character, personality and behaviour. compare Yoruba Muslims and Hausa Muslims. you will find out that they behave differently. so what will you think is responsible for that. bro just think. don't base your argument on mere perception. you need to be rational

(1) (Reply)

Foreign News: Man Offered A Lady Assistance To Rape Her In The Woods (forest) / Breaking News: Protest Turns Bloody As Soldiers Began Shooting Protester. / Nigerian Caught With $63,000 At An Airport In Mumbai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.