Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,468 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:58 PM

If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar (60638 Views)

YOAAMC 2019: Junior Secondary School Girl Wins 100,000 And Other Prizes / Download Full BECE “Junior WAEC 2022” Timetable .PDF | Past Questions | Syllabus / Benue To Convert Junior Secondary Schools To Vocational Institutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by Richy4(m): 8:01pm On Oct 17, 2016
Icecomrade:

You wrote ur ssce btw 1996-1997.

Memory recalled

guilty smiley
Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by HaneefahRN(f): 8:09pm On Oct 17, 2016
Mindfulness:

What is your favourite piece of writing?
Hmmm, really can't decide .
Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by rabzy: 8:10pm On Oct 17, 2016
Where does one begin to list books. I can't even start. Let me just mention some, the boy slave, the return of shetima, koku baboni, the passport of mallam illia, African night entertainment, the Palmwine drinkard, samakwe in the rain forest, weep not child, one week one trouble, countdown to perdition, all Chinua achebe, drummer boy, ogboju ode, eruobodo, 330 etc. Am getting too nostalgic remembering these greats. Amongst the oyinbo ones, I will mention King Solomons mines and my hero umslopogaas and she who must be obeyed.
Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by inosabi: 8:12pm On Oct 17, 2016
#BLASTFROMTHEPAST

we are at TREASURE ISLAND where we had TOADS FOR SUPPER .
when ARROW OF GOD strikes THINGS FALL APART and EVERYBODY IS NO LONGER AT EASE.But I will be back before EZE GOES TO SCHOOL.

DATS all i can remember now.

1 Like

Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by Ademoore07(m): 8:12pm On Oct 17, 2016
Akpan and the smuggler by Rosemary Uwemedimo. The incorruptible judge by D. Olagoke, malorey by james Hadley chase.
Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by ajebuter(f): 8:15pm On Oct 17, 2016

l was in SSS 2 and the literature books l read;

The beautiful ones are not yet born ( Ayi kwei Armah)

The concubine ( Elechi Amadi)

The Lonely Londoner ( Samuel Selvon)

The Bottled Leopard ( Chukwuemeka lke)

Without a silver spoon ( Ben Iroh)

And for Yoruba literature l read:

Omo Oku Orun

Oyindamola omo oloro

Bashoru Gaa

Efunsetan Aniwurs..

Agbaya aakan

Ote nibo

Iyabo 1 and 2

Ogboju ode ninu lgbo lrumole

Good old days...

l can bet indomie generation would just be wondering ' what the hell are these listed books?
Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by dfrost: 8:17pm On Oct 17, 2016
shumuel:

Read all, watched both the Movies and the Cartoon.

Also Treasure Island, John Cruso

God bless you hombre, @ the bolded. I can't forget the ringing of "pieces of eight, pieces of eight" in my memory then.
Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by ajebuter(f): 8:19pm On Oct 17, 2016

Lord of the flies

Omo Oku Orun

Oyindamola omo oloro

Bashoru Gaa

Agbaya aakan

Ote nibo

Iyabo 1 and 2

Good old days...

l can bet indomie generation would just be wondering ' what the hell are these listed books?
Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by dfrost: 8:21pm On Oct 17, 2016
How many of us even knew back then that [b]The Drummer Boy [/b]was actually based on a true story, though fictionalized?
Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by presidonovie(m): 8:27pm On Oct 17, 2016
Mayor of Casterbridge was one my favourite, I even adopted the name Donald from the protagonist in the book -'' Donald Fanfare''. Then our world had not been polluted by 2go/ badoo and other online trash.
Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by shumuel(m): 8:27pm On Oct 17, 2016
dfrost:

God bless you hombre, @ the bolded. I can't forget the ringing of "pieces of eight, pieces of eight" in my memory then.

Lol grin bro what about
''15 men on a dead man's chest''
Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by timilehing(m): 8:31pm On Oct 17, 2016
One week, one Trouble; Double Trouble; Treasure Island, Gouliver's Travel
Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by cyrilamx(m): 8:37pm On Oct 17, 2016
These are fond memories...I was in jss 1 in 1992, though I never was an art student but I did love literatute. Some the books I read were: when a child is motherless (forgotten the author), African night entertainment, one weak, one troubles, the mysterious ebony carver, echoes in the dark, the bottled leopard, the joys of motherhood, Oliver twists, silas manner, Gulliver's travel, murder in the cathedral, more and lambs tales from Shakespeare, Dizzy angel...these were days when facebooks, whatsapp, twitter, importers, 2go were still being test-runned in Mars. The emergence of these social networks though have their positive sides contributed nevertheless to dearth of reading culture.
Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by obafemee80(m): 8:49pm On Oct 17, 2016
My favourite was Second dream by Ola Omiyale
Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by Electroweb(m): 8:54pm On Oct 17, 2016
I read the following books:
Lambs Tales of Shakespeare
Without a silver-spoon
Akin the drummer boy
Agbo our naughty little brother
Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by veekeywills: 8:55pm On Oct 17, 2016
EfemenaXY:

You shouldn't have dropped Literature. I kept it as my "wild card".
my best are wizard of law, wedlock of the Gods, Chile and the river. The virtuous woman
Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by jinxet2000: 9:05pm On Oct 17, 2016
I shaded tears remembering these books. I remember the goods, the bads and the ugly parts of Federal College where I schooled. Lovely place, the girls, the boys, the environment, the teachers, wow! Are these flavors still in secondary schools?
You can actually find the movies of most of these plays in youtube.
Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by auska2(m): 9:16pm On Oct 17, 2016
The drummer boy
Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by Duchaello(f): 9:17pm On Oct 17, 2016
customised87:
Time Changes Yesterday (Pacesetter Series)
Arrow of God (Chinua Achebe)
Abe Abo (Diran Opadotun)
awww you remind me of this book and that naughty Enitan brown.....killjoy. Did you read second chance? Written by Nyengi koin
Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by DonBenny77(m): 9:19pm On Oct 17, 2016
my fav was "The boy slave" n "the return of the boy slave" by kola onadikpe fav characters shettima n mattamba
"pepper soup and the road to ibadan" by elechi amadi fav character mavis

Eze goes to school, Eze goes to college by onoura nzekwu fav character Eze
Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by Nobody: 9:21pm On Oct 17, 2016
lindiwey:

Did you also read "Time changes yesterday", Twelfth night..Can you remember some poems too like Nightfall in soweto, Richard Cory, night rain, ode to a graecian urn, oh elephant, e.t.c

I don't think i read "Time changes yesterday" but twelfth night is also part of Shakespeare's collection and honestly the only poem i can remember is "Africa" by David Diop i think i was in primary school then but i still remember this particular poem because it always made me feel good inside cheesy
Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by Askmewhy(m): 9:22pm On Oct 17, 2016
What of Ireke onibudo? Una no go know that one.
Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by Askmewhy(m): 9:25pm On Oct 17, 2016
ajebuter:

Lord of the flies

Omo Oku Orun

Oyindamola omo oloro

Bashoru Gaa

Agbaya aakan

Ote nibo

Iyabo 1 and 2

Good old days...

What about Bayo ajomogbe?
Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by smilingazor: 9:28pm On Oct 17, 2016
During my school we read Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. The igbo novel is Ukwa ŕue oge ya ò daa can't remember the author but we nicknamed it Chude na Ngozi.
Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by dfrost: 9:30pm On Oct 17, 2016
ajebuter:

the oks?

Iyá ni yi. Túale. Ówò meji loké fu ení kán
Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by customised87: 9:30pm On Oct 17, 2016
Duchaello:
awww you remind me of this book and that naughty Enitan brown.....killjoy. Did you read second chance? Written by Nyengi koin

Ofcourse i did! Every novel in the PaceSetter series was a hit back to back...lol

1 Like

Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by economia: 9:30pm On Oct 17, 2016
The wizard of Law
Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by dfrost: 9:32pm On Oct 17, 2016
shumuel:

Lol grin bro what about
''15 men on a dead man's chest''

Yo ho ho on a bottle of rum...
Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by customised87: 9:33pm On Oct 17, 2016
dfrost:
How many of us even knew back then that [b]The Drummer Boy [/b]was actually based on a true story, though fictionalized?

Wow! I never knew.
Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by dfrost: 9:35pm On Oct 17, 2016
Duchaello:

Jeez! Nobody remembered One Week, One Trouble?
Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 17, 2016
shumuel:

Read all, watched both the Movies and the Cartoon.

Also Treasure Island, John Cruso

Yeah treasure island tho...i remember king Solomon's mines,i don't think i ever read John Cruso sha but i remember Robinson Crusoe the guy suffer wella when their ship wreck and Gulliver's travels i actually blvd there were little ppl in existence somewhere lolsss...so many books sha cheesy
Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by dfrost: 9:37pm On Oct 17, 2016
customised87:

Wow! I never knew.

Yes. One of my old friends recently told me. His name is Benjamin 'Kokoro' Aderounmu.

Seriously, mingling with old folks adds to your knowledge.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What's The Difference Between A Civil And A Public Servant? / I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents / Salary For A Graduate Assistant In A Federal Polytechnic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.